Sword Art Online All Over Again

Yes, but on Sword Art you could go to the town above even if nobody cleared the boss because the portal wasn't in with the boss, it was elsewhere.

But after Kirito's epic fight with Blue Eyes when he first revealed his Dual Swords skill, he told Klein to go ahead and activate the portal.

I think perhaps he was referring to the portal crystals because if you recall Asuna said at one point that they still hadn't found the boss for one of the levels below. I may be misinterpreting but I honestly think they were separate. I'll be watching SAO tonight to brush up though.

Klein: "I'm going to trigger the warp gate. You going to come?"
Kirito: "No, I'll leave it to you. I'm exhausted."

I don't remember that line from Asuna. It wouldn't work if there was a boss below them--they killed the bosses on higher floors, meaning whatever was below wasn't a floor boss. Maybe she was talking about a field boss instead of a floor boss?

Maybe, that's quite possible. I swear I'm going to have to watch SAO again. I don't remember where I heard it but I know that it was Asuna who said it.

I think I'll make a post to join up with you guys at some point next week, feels like I'm a little stuck as things are...and I really want to post more xD
Is it fine if I just ditch the current person I'm in a party with?

It is. I would encourage you to use Taz and finish up the confrontation, then split off. Alternatively, you can have Ayasi just show up at the party site and leave us vague hints about her former partner's fate.

Sorry everyone for the wait but I think I will be taking a hiatus from Iwaku for awhile so feel free to control/ignore my characters. Again sorry for the sudden departure

Alright, guess that sort of seals the deal, I will get a reply out on the weekend, pretty busy during week, not as motivated for it either during week.

Um... I apologize if we were doing a poor job of making this clear IC, but:

Blade and Katsu are leading players. There has been roughly 40 minutes since the announcement ended, and grinding level1 monsters that entire time has pushed them to level 3. The only person who might be level four is the fanatic that rushed level3 monsters from the get-go. (And I'll again add a reminder of how difficult level1 monsters are)

I'm working on a rough draft for how crafting will work, so if you have ideas please share them here. For now I will say that, as with every MMORPG, crafting in Morancrais is a time-consuming process. Mining ore to smelt into metals which will be forged into weapons; collecting leather hides, taking them to the tanner, and sewing them into armor; or harvesting herbs and roots to brew into potions--whatever it is, it will take time.

Well, it would make things easier to put that on the first page so it's actually something I can look up, just add it to the first post...why are we even inventing the rules on the go...
We already went far away from the actual SAO rules, so I feel like if we make it an entirely different game, please put the rules here and make them BEFORE we all write because it just is confusing if you try to make this well thought out, but have nothinf set beforehand.
Maybe that's just me not reading every single post we have in the OOC and keeping the information.
I also did add that it took time to do all that mainly because I felt like I didn't post in some time and made my character catch up.

It seems nobody cares anymore? Or is it just that everybody else is uncertain as I am about what to do with Kaldoro's week-in-ten-minutes post?

Well, you pushed me into rushing a post since you didn't trust my word that I was busy at the time, you got your post and complained about it, saying you'd do a draft on how crafting should work in your eyes...so yeah, I can just delete the post and go if you prefer that. I never tried to confuse anyone, but just pushing it on me that nobody posts is just ugh...

Truthfully I'm ready to wash my hands of all this. I don't have nearly as much time for RPs as I used to, and it seems nobody else is interested in continuing this one. It's a shame; I think this could work and become something amazing, but we'd need five or more people all cooperating to put it together. As it is, I feel like I'm trying to build a glass world for other people to break. No, I'm not addressing you specifically with that. It's inevitable that somebody is going to want to be the best--that's exactly why I'm ready to forfeit. Next time it will be the player that slices snakes as though he's been swinging a sword since six, and the time after will be killing a boss monster and finding a growth-type weapon.

The line has to be drawn somewhere. I draw the line up short; you drew the line farther out. Epitaph would probably draw it halfway between. Unless everyone agrees, nobody can be happy. And after our outbursts, I doubt anyone will be comfortable in here.

That is why there needs to be clear rules, there simply were none. I didn't draw a line out, I was pushed to make a rushed reply and I covered up multiple hours of happenings, I was prepared to change things up once I got time and the proper information and wishes you had for the RP, you didn't provide me with anything but saying "Like in other MMORPG'S"...problem with that statement is that in another MMO you do take a few hours, which I thought I had considering I didn't post in ages because my partner didn't show up and then left. You have to draw a line before I can draw it further out and we didn't have lines, we said based on SAO and I worked with that.

Yes, yes. Everything is my fault. I didn't set up numbers; I didn't draw a map; I didn't clearly define Classes, Skills, Abilities, Stats, Crafting, PvP, Dungeon Raids, Loot Drops, Messaging, Pets, Inventory, Safe Zones vs. Wilds, Guilds, Housing, Shops, Quests, Friends and Enemies, Boss Battles, and Floors.

Gosh, calm down, I expressed my wish to do the crafting in my very first post and nobody seemed to care at all and then I wait so long and nobody says anything, I do something crafting related and get blamed for doing so, if you are mad about that okay, I will leave now since I see no point in talking to you anymore.

There has been roughly 40 minutes since the announcement ended
I covered up multiple hours of happenings

we said based on SAO and I worked with that.
SAO Wiki said:
A new player is given 2 slots to use, with more increments being rewarded after leveling up a few times. Kirito, who has the highest known level at the end of SAO, had 12 skill slots at level 96.
  • Equipment Appraisal - The ability to identify the Maker, Style, Damage Level/Defense Level, Name, Enchantments and Durability of a piece of equipment. Higher levels give more information.[citation needed]
  • Tools Appraisal - The ability to identify the Maker, Style, Damage Level/Defense Level, Name, Enchantments and Durability of a weapon. Higher levels give more information.[citation needed]
  • Purchase Negotiation - The effectiveness with which a player can barter when purchasing from NPCs.[citation needed]
  • Sales Negotiation - The effectiveness with which a player can barter when selling items to NPCs.[citation needed]
  • Slash Weapon Forging - The effectiveness with which a player can craft Slashing Weapons.[citation needed]
  • Thrust Weapon Forging - The effectiveness with which a player can craft Stabbing Weapons.[citation needed]
  • Blunt Weapon Forging - The effectiveness with which a player can craft Blunt Weapons.[citation needed]
  • Light Metal Armor Forging - The effectiveness with which a player can craft Light Metal Armor.[citation needed]
  • Heavy Metal Armor Forging - The effectiveness with which a player can craft Heavy Metal Armor.[citation needed]
  • Metal Equipment Repairing - The effectiveness with which a player can repair equipment and tools.[citation needed]
  • Metal Refining - The effectiveness with which a player can turn raw ore into refined ingots of metal.[citation needed]
  • Light Metal Equipment - The effectiveness with which a player can use Light Metal Equipment.[citation needed]
  • Light Shield Equipment
  • Leather Equipment - The effectiveness with which a player can use Leather Equipment.[citation needed]
  • Heavy Metal Equipment - The effectiveness with which a player can use Heavy Metal Equipment.[citation needed]
  • One-handed Straight Sword - The effectiveness with which a player can use longsword-like weapons (e.g. short swords (arming swords)).
  • One-handed Curved Blade - The effectiveness with which a player can use slashing-type weapons (e.g. Scimitars).
  • One-handed Dagger - The effectiveness with which a player can use dagger-type weapons (e.g. knives, daggers, etc.).
  • One Handed Rapiers
  • One-handed Assault Spear
  • One-handed War Hammer
  • Two-handed Straight Sword
  • Two-handed Assault Spear
  • Two-handed Battle Axe
  • Blade Throwing - The effectiveness with which a player can use throwing weapons (e.g. Throwing Picks)
  • Martial Arts - «Extra Skill» Unlocked from a quest on the 2nd Floor.
  • Katana - «Extra Skill» Unlocked by frequent usage of One-handed Curved Blade.
http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Skills