Survivor: Wasteland Convoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all need a locomotive, that shit is cray.
Hunter-Valley-Coal-Train.jpg

I suppose the Charger might be classified differently depending on perspective (sports car, muscle car or sedan). It was simply the first sports car I could think of with 4 doors (which was something I wanted).

Then again, with all the time that has passed, it's likely everything in a car has been replaced a bunch of times, to the point that it might be something else entirely. I'll just call the vehicle a 4 door sports car, no particular brand due to individual parts coming from all over.

Australians be crazy.
Yes, we do. However when it comes to Land Trains and our superlarge transport trains it's more having just under the USA's land area, but only 20 million people compared to the US' 318 million :p

Yes, we do. However when it comes to Land Trains and our superlarge transport trains it's more having just under the USA's land area, but only 20 million people compared to the US' 318 million :p

well there's that.... however I dont want to imagine driving one of those myself... seems nightmarish to handle. But I can be wrong :p

well there's that.... however I dont want to imagine driving one of those myself... seems nightmarish to handle. But I can be wrong :p
As someone without a licence for them. No idea, but if I recall correctly, their routes are pretty much long with sweeping roads instead of tight turns. But I do know they're hooked up with "self-guiding" dollys designed to follow the road for some mechanical reason :p

@cider: Sorry, I missed something. You've got a Harpoon + HMG on the front. However the Ramplate reduces the forward spaces by half. As such you only have 1 Forward weapon space. You're free to correct that as you please, whether removing one of the weapons or swapping the Ramplate for another upgrade.

Still working on the bio and crew details.

• Name: Mitchell 'Mainline' Main
    Bio: To come.
    Driving 5 Gunnery 1 Endurance 5
    Spotting 3 Technical 10    
    Traits: Expert Driver, Survivor, Expert Medic, Expert Brewer
    Equipment: First Aid Kit, 3 Scalpels, Colt M1911 Pistol.

Vehicle: Neoplan Jumbocruiser N138/4
    Speed: Very Low. Armour: Ultra-Heavy. Agility: Lumbering. Cargo: 16
    Weapons: 3 Heavy Turrets, 3 Rear, 2 Platforms
    >Heavy Turrets: 1 Flak 88 (2 turrets), 1 Turret with twin Heavy Machine Guns
    >Rear: 1 Machine Gun, 1 Oil Slick, 1 Flame Thrower
    >Platforms: 1 Gunbox, 1 Mortar Pit.
    Specials: 32 spaces
    > 1 Medical Section, 1 Brewery Section, 1 Workshop Section, 1 Hydroponics Section,
    1 Transport Section, Ramplate, Runflatz, Searchlight Rig, 2x Weapons Rack
    Upgrades:
    > Articulated, Double Decker
  • Crew: 24
    Driving 1 Gunnery 6 Endurance 3
    Spotting 2 Technical 3    
    Traits: Marksmen
    Key Crew members to come.

Last edited by a moderator:

• Name: Brienne of Stirling, Knight Commander
    Bio:
    Brienne of Stirling, current Knight Commander of the 'Knights of Stirling' a small tribe of sorts whose ancestors once hailed from the city of Stirling but after the old world died Stirling was abandoned by whatever survivors were left. A number of them were once part of a Scottish army regiment and had taken supplies and weapons from their army barracks before they left. Over the years that followed this group of survivors banded together and saw how old society broke apart and those that were left created new forms of settlement, some just trying to survive while others began to attack, raid and pillage whatever was in the hands of other humans. They wanted no part of the latter so they instead protected who they could with what means they had at their disposal.

Over the years the group became known as the Knights of Stirling, wandering the wasteland of former Scotland in their modified truck with several trailers. Helping out those in need by providing supplies or fuel if required, eliminating raider groups to keep settlements and peaceful tribes safe in return for supplies, weapons or a promising recruit who would become a new knight in time and organized expedition in sites of the old world.

Brienne became the current knight commander after the previous one died on a expedition to the ruins of old Stirling at the hands of some kind of mutated beast when they were ambushed in the ruins. She was with the expedition and banded the survivors together leading them out from the mutant infested nightmare the knights had found themselves in, bringing the dog tags of the fallen knights for ritually smelting and reforging. For leading the survivors out to safety and able to keep a level head where some senior knights could not Brienne was named Knight Commander and under her leadership the Knights of Stirling continued their efforts to guard and protect those in need and who ask for it.

When word spread of 'Eden' she at first put no stock into it, a fairytale, a vain hope at best. But when it seemed a convoy was forming to head out with several tribes taking part of it she began to take it more seriously. In the end deciding that it might be best to join this 'Convoy of Hope' and provide whatever protection, fuel and supplies she could spare to make it a success, although if she was honest she did not saw how this could end well and that part of her only decided to join because she was curious and perhaps a small hint of adventure looming on the horizon of this grand venture.

Driving 5 Gunnery 7 Endurance 5
    Spotting 2 Technical 5    
    Traits: Expert Driver, Marksman, Survivor, Expert Repairs
    Equipment: Junkparts Broadsword, dagger and SA80 Assault Rifle with attached underbarrel grenade launcher. Armour (see picture) & Dog Tags.

Vehicle: Prime Mover, Big Bertha
    Speed Very Low Armour Ultra Heavy Agility Lumbering
    Prime Mover Service- Trailer Semi-Trailer Tanker-Trailer

F 2 Heavy Machine Guns
    F 2 RPG's
    MT with 2 Harpoons

HT 1 40mm Bushmaster & 1 AGL
    Service System

HT 8.8cm Flak
    5 Units Canned/Dried Food
    1 Unit Fresh Game
    4 Units of Water
    2 Units of Scrap/Parts

HT Gau-8 Modified
    HT 2 Miniguns
    P The Gunbox
    P The Gunbox
    R 2 Harpoons
    16 Fuel
  • Crew: 20, the Knights of Stirling Company
    Driving 1 Gunnery 5 Endurance 2
    Spotting 5 Technical 2    
    Traits: Marksman, Scout
    Standard Knight of Stirling kit:
    Armour (See main character pic).
    Sword, Sword & Shield or a Claymore, with a dagger as back-up.
    Glock 17 Side arm pistol.

Gunbox Armory:
    2 FN Minimi LMG's
    4 SA80 Assault Rifles

Elder Knights:

Name: Sir Ian
    Weapons:
    Sledgehammer
    Dagger
    Glock 17 Side Arm
    L128A1 Shotgun

Name: Dame Magdalena
    Weapons:
    Sword & Shield
    Dagger
    Glock 17 Side Arm
    SA80 Assault Rifle

Last edited:
Would a Mercedes G63 be considered a towtruck or Medium utility?

Easily a Medium Utility I'd say.

Tow Truck refers more to these.
TowTruck.jpg

Actually I was thinking the 6x6. Which is about that size. Sorry I should have been clearer when first asking the question.

Would still be a medium utility Id say, Kad has the tow truck set up specifically with the towing rig, the medium utility is a bit more versatile in that respect.

Considering when i asked, Kad also classed this as a medium utility.
paramount-marauder-11.jpg

I have a feeling that either Tempest's format was so good everyone used it or I am missing something blaringly obvious now that I look at it. Both of which are very likely...

Most of us just copied Tempests sheet mate, I actually quoted it directly and then edited my details in. :p

• Thank You
Reactions: ze_kraken
Would still be a medium utility Id say, Kad has the tow truck set up specifically with the towing rig, the medium utility is a bit more versatile in that respect.

Considering when i asked, Kad also classed this as a medium utility.
paramount-marauder-11.jpg
M,kay. I figured they were going by size. Thanks for the help.

Alright, let's see how badly I messed this up.

Main Character:
Name: Stone
Appearance: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs10/i/2006/097/4/4/AFF___Imperial_Mercenary_by_Knightwatch.jpg
Bio:
Stone was a member of a large nomadic group of survivors. Eventually, the people began to settle down in what was once Glasgow. Many had lost hope and they grasped at straws to stay alive, while a few elite lived like kings. Stone was one of these elite. Though, he was much more caring than the rest. When the "Prophet" came the other elite ignored him. Stone listened. He defected with his two best men, Brick and Rock. The three made their way to Edinburgh to begin the journey.

Driving: 8
Gunnery: 5
Endurance: 5
Spotting: 2
Technical: 4
Traits: Expert driver, marksman, survivor.
Equipment: 1 RPG, 3 SMGs, 1 grenade launcher. All "shared" amongst the crew and driver.

Crew:
Driving: 1
Gunnery: 5
Endurance: 2
Spotting: 3
Technical: 4
Traits: Repairs, Marksman.

Vehicle: Mercedes G36 half-track/medium utility
Speed: Low
Armor: Very Heavy
Agility: Medium

Weapons:
Forward: 2 harpoons affixed to the hood and 2 RPGS mounted on the roof.
Rear: 2 mounted LMGs
Special: Searchlight, weapons rack. (I can sacrifice my specials for cargo, if need be.)
Upgrades: Track unit, ZOOM JUICE!

Last edited by a moderator:
2 things stand out to me mate.
Tracked unit raises your agility, not lowers it so agility should be medium (up from medium-low)
And you've overspent on crew skills. They get 15 where as you've spent 19

I'm assuming you've used the Gun Rack to add add the weapons listed under the main too.

As did Andrea. Considering her character tag literally says "Reggie"
Mine did too for a while, but i caught it about 20 minutes after posting and edited it to Mitchell :p

Reactions: Orion
Status
Not open for further replies.