Survivor: Wasteland Convoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as there is no monopoly in there, we start playing that the convoy will break apart with civil war or something similar.

Reactions: Kadaeux
Nah Monopoly would have the same issue as books, that money is brilliant as a firestarter.

Reactions: Kadaeux
Main Character:
Name:
Francesca Holdiron

Appearance:
apocalypse_ranger_by_kargain-d46f1ly.jpg

Bio:
Francesca was born as a scrapper, hitting far harder than either of her brothers and getting hit just as much. She spent most of her time in trouble because of her fights, but never did really care. Fighting was fun. Fun was good. Therefore, fighting was good. However, the second she was able to drive, it completely replaced fighting as her passion.

She drove like a maniac, moving faster and taking more risks than any sane human being should have. She loved every second of it. She even learned how to shoot while driving, soon being able to shoot a watermellon from fourty yards out while drifting. However, when an attempted theft turned into a tripple hommocide of her mother and her two brothers, she wasn't concerned with such fancy tricks.

She abandoned driving and abandoned shooting, instead focusing on drinking and hatred. She shut out her father and only ever talked to Monty and Gerald, two childhood friends. It was Monty who told her of the convoy. It was Gerald who convinced her to sign on as a driver.

This drive isn't about survival. As far as she's concerned, they all died a long time ago. This is a drive about purpose. Getting to Eden isn't to let her keep living. It's to find a reason to.
-------
Driving: 10
Gunnery: 5
Endurance: 2
Spotting: 2
Technical: 5

Traits: Master Driver, Marksman, Expert Repairs

Equipment: Two Replica Smith & Wesson Model 3 Revolvers (Francesca), "Super Shorty" Shotgun (Monty), Skorpion SMG (Gerald), AS VAL Assault Rifle (Francesca), Sig Saur p226 Handgun (Monty), CZ 75 Handgun (Gerald), RPG (Weapon Rack), CheyTac Intervention Sniper (Weapon Rack)

Crew: 2 guys, Monty and Gerald

Driving: 2
Gunnery: 3
Spotting: 3
Traits: Expert Medical
-------
Vehicle: 2015 Ford Mustang GT/Muscle Car

Speed: Medium-Fast

Armour: Medium, Medium-Heavy on front

Agility: Medium

Weapons
-------
Side/Forward Mounted: Auto-Shotgun, Light Rocket Pod

Rear Mounted: Spike Strip

Specials: Ramplates, Weapons rack, Winch

Upgrades: All-Wheel Drive, Reinforced Roll Cage​

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY GOD THIS LOOKS SO COOL I'LL MAKE A SHEET SOON AHHHHHHH

*General fangirling subsides*

Ahem. Yeah. Looks awesome. I'll try and make a sheet soon-ish. Hopefully my awful schedule agrees with me.

Main Character:
Name:
Francesca Holdiron

Appearance:
apocalypse_ranger_by_kargain-d46f1ly.jpg

Bio:
Francesca was born as a scrapper, hitting far harder than either of her brothers and getting hit just as much. She spent most of her time in trouble because of her fights, but never did really care. Fighting was fun. Fun was good. Therefore, fighting was good. However, the second she was able to drive, it completely replaced fighting as her passion.

She drove like a maniac, moving faster and taking more risks than any sane human being should have. She loved every second of it. She even learned how to shoot while driving, soon being able to shoot a watermellon from fourty yards out while drifting. However, when an attempted theft turned into a tripple hommocide of her mother and her two brothers, she wasn't concerned with such fancy tricks.

She abandoned driving and abandoned shooting, instead focusing on drinking and hatred. She shut out her father and only ever talked to Monty and Gerald, two childhood friends. It was Monty who told her of the convoy. It was Gerald who convinced her to sign on as a driver.

This drive isn't about survival. As far as she's concerned, they all died a long time ago. This is a drive about purpose. Getting to Eden isn't to let her keep living. It's to find a reason to.
-------
Driving: 10
Gunnery: 5
Spotting: 2

Traits: Master Driver, Marksman, Expert Repairs

Equipment: Two Top-Break Revolvers (Francesca), Semi-Auto Shotgun (Monty), SMG (Monty), Assault Rifle (Gerald)

Crew: 2 guys, Monty and Gerald

Driving: 2
Gunnery: 3
Spotting: 3
Traits: Expert Medical
-------
Vehicle: 2015 Ford Mustang GT/Hatchback

Speed: Medium

Armour: Medium

Agility: High

Weapons
-------
Side/Forward Mounted: Harpoon, Heavy MG

Rear Mounted:
Flamethrower

Specials: None

Upgrades: Armour Up​

Ok.

1st: Your skill points have been spent correctly. But your weapons have not. You've spent only 2 of your 5 points on 'yourself'. Your crew however lack their pistols and are 4 points over. You've only got 3 points to spend on those two from the crews Gunnery of 3.

2nd: A Ford Mustang GT is not a Hatchback :p It's a Muscle Car and maybe a little of a Sports car. But definitely not a hatchback. A Hatchback is something like a Prius, a Ford Focus or a Honda Civic for examples. *Gives a friendly slap upside the head* :p

3rd: "Armour Up" reduces the speed of a hatchback to Medium-Low.

So once you've made the relevant changes (up to you what sort of changes take place within the rules). I'll review again, let me know when you've edited.

OH MY GOD THIS LOOKS SO COOL I'LL MAKE A SHEET SOON AHHHHHHH

*General fangirling subsides*

Ahem. Yeah. Looks awesome. I'll try and make a sheet soon-ish. Hopefully my awful schedule agrees with me.

Looking forwards to seeing it mate :D

@Everyone, i'll be writing up bios on known groups in Scotland/England that it's possible to come across! As for across the channel. Uncharted territory!

The Knights of Ni:

These nasty pieces of work were a bunch of raiders that punched the Stirling Knights out of their castle forcing them down to Edinburgh to seek refuge at the airport with the Eddins (The player clan's official name.) the Knights of Ni fancy themselves far more than it seems reasonable. The Knights of Ni use modified heavy duty mining vehicles for large work, but the majority of their warriors fight from motorcycle back favouring SMG's and Doomers (An explosive tipped lance. The explosive tip is fired from close range with a 2m effective range.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Castles:

Based out of Newcastle, these are a particularly vicious breed of asshole that arose from the worst of the worst hitting the military bases for their supplies. As such their 'fleet' is a large array of repurposed military light vehicles and trucks. There are those survivors of attacks who claim they actually have working tanks and aircraft. But as if that could possibly be true!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mollys:

Post-Apocalyptic Punk-Rockers, they unusually follow a somewhat 'matriarchal' leadership, lead naturally, by a steel-tough blue/purple mowhawked woman named 'Molly'. Though it is known this title is somewhat ritualistic and what whomever the leader is they're simply called Molly, whoever they were before. They favour muscle cars and hot-rods fairly heavily.

The Hooligan Clans:

A collection of 'friendly rival' gangs from Liverpool and Manchester, mainly lead by the Liverpudlians and Man United clans (with each having several satellite gangs) they're utterly obsessed with a sport called 'football' which they regularly compete against one another against. Their fleets are a mixed bag of vehicles with a fair number of 'tour buses' which they use to drive to the stadiums for their games. Beware of them. When riled they get violent very quick with an odd obsession with tipping over buses.

The Tunnel Rats:

Very very little is known of the Tunnel Rats. They inhabit the Channel Tunnel and keep it clear (except for their housing) and regulate trade through the tunnel. Whomever enters the tunnel that they don't want is never seen again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Order:

An order of post-apocalyptic druids. Practicioners of sacrifice. Practicioners of pseudo-magic (mostly involving throwing certain substances into a burning brazier to burn a different colour. Fanatically intolerant of anyone except their own order. There are two choices if one comes across the order.

Run. Or Die. (Or I suppose you could just kill them too...)

Okay. If my math is right (which is a little less likely than my dog turning to solid gold), I should be okay.

Danke. I look foreward to starting our innocent little road trip.

How many characters can you have? (Not talking about crew members, I mean characters that you write a backstory for, ect.)

How many characters can you have? (Not talking about crew members, I mean characters that you write a backstory for, ect.)

By default. 1.

But should that character die later, a crew member can be promoted into the role (provided you have any left...)

Name:
Elizabeth Harven
Alias(es):
Beth, Eliza, Scarecrow
Appearance:
Appearance
large.png
434dc22405be3686b6869c8fcb6475be.jpg
tumblr_m3ayicWzZ51rnz2zeo1_500_large.png
large.jpg
tumblr_lrvdwgefJF1qiegj5o1_1280.jpg
14.jpg
tumblr_m3ayfetD5Y1rnz2zeo1_500_large.png
tYAcj.jpg
img-thing
img-thing
tumblr_lhqq0juY8l1qanf18.jpg

Beth was the offspring of two soldiers that had been working together, along with a military team, to reduce the products of the outbreak in the later years. Her father had been a medic, and her mother had been a commanding officer. Funny thing, they were actually on the same team for years before they even thought of each other in another aspect. Their parents, (Beth's grandparents) had actually been on the front lines of the outbreak, trying to control it. Eventually, they ran and took shelter in an old church. They survived for years, eventually having a baby girl. That girl would grow up to apply into the barely-there military to try and take another approach at controlling the outbreak, where she would meet Beth's father. Anyways. Back to Beth's parents. When their team members died and they realized that it really was the end of the world. They retired to a small home on the countryside. Beth was actually a mistake, caused by loneliness and nights where the only things they cared about were each other. Once her mother found out she was pregnant, the pair flipped out. They couldn't raise a child, especially in this.. this.. horrible world they were forced into. But after careful consideration and planning and wishing, they decided they would keep Beth. They were safe, after all. About a year later their little girl was born, and they welcomed her into their home and their hearts. In preparation, they had started planting and growing things that the family could survive off of, without having to wander into the horrible world out there. And they did. For fourteen years, Beth grew up thinking that everything was okay. That everything was normal. But then her need, her desire to venture got the best of her, and she left their small, safe compound to explore places she'd never been before. Unfortunately, it wasn't what she was expecting. Cities were destroyed, people were insane, lives were lost. She, after experiencing this horror, ran back home. But even after that sobering experience, she craved more. She found she liked the insane world out there. And, being determined to view it, she asked and pleaded and begged until her parents finally gave in and trained her on how to live on the outside. It wasn't like she gave them a choice, anyways. They showed her how to shoot, how to hunt, how to survive. Until she was ready, they taught her all they knew. Her mother taught her how to shoot, survival techniques and other skills she'd picked up from being a soldier. Her father taught her the ways of a doctor, which plants are safe to eat, how to grow your own food, and how to help others in need. Combined with their knowledge, she set out to find what she had been looking for. Even if she didn't know what it was yet.

Weaknesses/Strengths:
Weaknesses = -
Strengths = +
- She cares too easily. Don't mistake care for trust. She has trouble trusting, but if someone dies in the arms of their love, she's most likely going to break down and cry.
- She's not good with death.
- Most times she will be the girl who questions everything someone says or does. In the best interest of others, of course.
- She's still a teenager, which calls for rash decisions and bad judgement skills.
- She's more likely to shoot at someone than walk up and say hello.
- She's wary of people, because she's seen what they can do.
- Average physical strength.
+/- As a doctor, she cares about others, but as a person she has trouble trusting.
+/- She's not extremely strong, but she's not exactly weak either.
+ Her strength is mostly made up of her personality.
+ She has a spitfire personality, which goes hand in hand with her ability to take on projects without little fear.
+ She has a 'leader' ability/attitude, but all the same she wouldn't want to be the one responsible for the life or death decisions.
+ She's a good shot with her sniper. She's named her sniper Spike.
+ She can carry heavy weights on her back.
+ She has very good balance.
+ Great doctor.
+Good sniper.
+Beginner Engineer.
+ She's a free runner.

Weapons:
+ Rambo knife with holster
+ Mk Mod1 Sniper rifle with Silencer and carrying strap.
+ Taurus 357
+ PDW

revolver1b.jpg

Weapons Rack:
ACR (Assault Rifle)
AA-12 (Full auto Shotgun)
MK-23 LMG

Driving: 4 Gunnery: 7 Endurance: 5
Spotting: 3 Technical: 5
Traits: Expert Medical, Marksman, Survivior

+ Compact for makeup
+ Fire starter
+ One lock pick set (Not really necessary.)
+ Five assorted cans of food
+ Four water bottles
+ Two packs of beef jerky
+ One can of spam
+ Heavy-duty black respirator
+ Three rolls of toilet paper
+ Binoculars
+ Duct tape.
+ About two packs of Cigarettes. She makes her own, For sale.
Clothing:
+ Two sets of Camo skinny jeans
+ Assorted T-shirts (Graphic design, Baseball Tees, Flannel)
+ Two Black/Purple skinny jeans,
+ Khaki cargo pants
+ Army outfit. (Don't ask her how she got this.)
+ Black leather jacket
+ Hooded grey denim and fabric jacket
+ Black leather jacket
+ Leather gloves and a bike helmet.
Medical Equiptment:
+ One medical kit (containing the below)
+ One fifth-full bottle of Antibiotics
+ One full bottle of Opioids
+ Stethoscope
+ Assorted needles/syringes
+ Sharps box
+ Thermometer

Other:
Metal scraps, Spikes, screws and assortment of handheld WIP's. (The ones she's in the process of making to sell, such as bats with spikes, specialty items, knives, ect.)

Vehicle: MiniBus
Weapons:
Frontal:
Machinegun
Light Rocket Pods
Medium Turrent - Incinerator

Rear:
FlameThrower
Specials:
Shredders
Weapons Rack
Runflatz
Spikey Bitz
Searchlight Rig
Winch

Upgrades:

Paddy-Wagon

Speed: Very Low
Armour: Very Heavy
Agility: Lumbering

Crew

Crew: 3

Driving: 1 Gunnery: 4
Endurance: 3 Spotting: 5 Technical: 2
Traits: Scout

Name: Alexander

Weapons:
Glock 19
Ice Pick
Emergency Rescue Knife (Switchblade)

Name: Julia

Weapons:
Crossbow
Hunting Knife

Name: Parker

Weapons:
S&W BodyGuard
Fire Axe
Hunting Rifle

Last edited by a moderator:
@CookieMonster

Ok, we have some severe revisionism to do here :p

A: The Apocalypse was about 100 years ago. So, sorry to say your entire backstory i'm afraid won't work sorry. This also largely applies to your equipment section. Having one full bottle of antibiotics would give you enough 'economic' power to buy out entire tribes (smaller ones). The Medical Sections are basically handfuls of surviving med-kits, bandages, bandaids, treating bullet wounds is yanking pieces of bullets out with tweezers before applying a red-hot poker to the wound to cauterize it. In the hider below i've 'adjusted' the list by stripping out all 'no-go' items.

+ Compact for makeup
+ Fire starter
+ Four water bottles
+ One can of spam
+ Binoculars
+ Duct tape.
+ About two packs of cigarettes. She makes her own, For sale.
Clothing:
+ Khaki cargo pants
+ Black leather jacket
+ Black leather jacket
Medical Equipment:
+ Stethoscope
+ Sharps box
+ Thermometer

B: You have 2 more points to spend on your characters personal arms.

C: One vehicle only. Only motorcyclists get more than one.

D: The Minibus is, incomplete. You've used one frontal weapon space, your turret's weapon isn't listed, you've used 2 of 6 special spots, and haven't used the upgrade spot.

E: The Light Utility is fine.

F: You've spent 18 points on crew stats as opposed to the 15 points it's supposed to be. Your crew weapons spending is all right.

But yeah, sorry, but these issues would need to be addressed before I could accept. Sorry.

Last edited:
@CookieMonster

Ok, we have some severe revisionism to do here :p

A: The Apocalypse was about 100 years ago. So, sorry to say your entire backstory i'm afraid won't work sorry. This also largely applies to your equipment section. Having one full bottle of antibiotics would give you enough 'economic' power to buy out entire tribes (smaller ones). The Medical Sections are basically handfuls of surviving med-kits, bandages, bandaids, treating bullet wounds is yanking pieces of bullets out with tweezers before applying a red-hot poker to the wound to cauterize it. In the hider below i've 'adjusted' the list by stripping out all 'no-go' items.

+ Compact for makeup
+ Fire starter
+ Four water bottles
+ One can of spam
+ Binoculars
+ Duct tape.
+ About two packs of cigarettes. She makes her own, For sale.
Clothing:
+ Khaki cargo pants
+ Black leather jacket
+ Black leather jacket
Medical Equipment:
+ Stethoscope
+ Sharps box
+ Thermometer

B: You have 2 more points to spend on your characters personal arms.

C: One vehicle only. Only motorcyclists get more than one.

D: The Minibus is, incomplete. You've used one frontal weapon space, your turret's weapon isn't listed, you've used 2 of 6 special spots, and haven't used the upgrade spot.

E: The Light Utility is fine.

F: You've spent 18 points on crew stats as opposed to the 15 points it's supposed to be. Your crew weapons spending is all right.

But yeah, sorry, but these issues would need to be addressed before I could accept. Sorry.
I fixed it. I got rid of the Light Utility, completed the Minibus, pasted in the Acceptable Gear and wrote up a new backstory. I believe that the crew points were read wrong.

Crew

Crew: 3 Driving: 1 Gunnery: 4

The number of crew members might've been viewed as crew stat points. I made it a little easier to find the difference.
I put four more items under the Specials, added the Upgrade spot, added a Frontal weapon, put down the Turret Weapon.
If there's anything else that I've missed, please let me know!

I fixed it. I got rid of the Light Utility, completed the Minibus, pasted in the Acceptable Gear and wrote up a new backstory. I believe that the crew points were read wrong.

Crew

Crew: 3 Driving: 1 Gunnery: 4

The number of crew members might've been viewed as crew stat points. I made it a little easier to find the difference.
I put four more items under the Specials, added the Upgrade spot, added a Frontal weapon, put down the Turret Weapon.
If there's anything else that I've missed, please let me know!

It's mechanically sound now. But the history is still off, as I said, the plague happened a hundred years ago, assuming both parents were of legal age to be in the military in Britain (17 for a front-line Grunt) when it happened and assuming your character is 19 her parents would have been 98 when she was born? Most likely she's the great-grandchild of said people, and likely inhabiting Edinburgh Airport with the rest of the tribe. (They would also have witnessed a limited nuclear exchange.)

It's mechanically sound now. But the history is still off, as I said, the plague happened a hundred years ago, assuming both parents were of legal age to be in the military in Britain (17 for a front-line Grunt) when it happened and assuming your character is 19 her parents would have been 98 when she was born? Most likely she's the great-grandchild of said people, and likely inhabiting Edinburgh Airport with the rest of the tribe. (They would also have witnessed a limited nuclear exchange.)
Fixing that now. I'll add something about her parents being the children from the first responders or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.