Sugarless Gum with Moon and Owl

• Thread starter Celtic Noctuam Lunar
  • Start date
"Now go! Out, silly, do you think I'm gunna let you watch? OUT."

"But Princceeesssssss," the vampire whines. Marceline resists the pink princess playfully, but doesn't realise why she did it. Marceline actually places her feet on the ground and resists Bubblegum's wimpy attempts at a push. Marceline giggles at that thought, and PB gets an annoyed look - which only makes Marceline laugh harder.

Bubblegum blinks up at Marceline. Her next project will be to either drop the girl to the ground at will (... HEE.) or enable levitation to herself, this is ridiculous, staring up at her all the time. It wouldn't do.
"GO." .... Bubblegum growls softly under her breath, not half aware of how ridiculously UNthreatening the sound is. "... Please? Just sit outside somewhere, okay? Oh, the sun /is/ just now setting, but... You can borrow my hat :D" She points towards the coat rack in the far corner of the room, where a wide-brimmed hat is hung next to an extra lab coat. Marceline's coat just lays messily on the ground, not having been hung up at all.

Marceline gives a look of >_> at the pink floppy hat. Whatever, at least she'll be somewhat safe from the leftover rays of the sun. So Marceline goes out the door, with no good-bye, no wave, or acknowledgment that she was leaving. The vampire floats to the hat, puts it on, and she's out the door. With a sigh she starts down the stairs, through the palace and finally reaches outside. She takes a deep breath and relishes in the cold, crisp air.

Bubblegum turns as Marceline exits out the door, not noticing the little frown she wears for a moment. She busies herself again, putting most of her supplies away neatly.
A few minutes pass, and the princess climbs down the steps in front of the castle. "Marceline," her voice rings out. She spots the vampire queen sitting on a ledge besides the steps, and approaches her. Her eyes have a bright, satisfied look to them; her hair gently sways in the lightest of breezes, which tickles her skin- strangely warm as a summer wind, this night.

"Oh, hey Bubblegum. Finished your project thingy?" Marceline's hands are shoved into her tight jeans pockets. The vampire floats to a standing position, her knobby knees are touching each other, as if she was //nervous//! (I don't have italics on the phone so I'll do italics with "//")

(That's what I usually do. I'm just lazy.)
"Yes. Marceline," Bubblegum smiles at her, just a tad shyly. She takes the few last steps towards her friend, and pulls out something from behind her back (because she's cartoon character and she can do that.) When she holds out her hands, a locket glimmers in her joint palms. It's a pretty, ornate little thing- gleaming rose gold with delicate white-pink stones and a fine, floaty lace threaded through its chain, also a hue of delicate pink. The heart-shaped locket is feminine, pretty, and a bit frilly in design. It also has that indefinable quality of being specially, unconditionally engaging to look at, unique in its soft and subtle beauty. It's the type of piece that no one tires looking at. Bubblegum's eyes meet Marceline's, her face lit up.
"Happy Valentine's Day!"

----EPISODE END.----