Sugarless Gum with Moon and Owl

• Thread starter Celtic Noctuam Lunar
  • Start date
PB's face springs into a full smile. She claps her hands together and holds them that way. "Excellent. Now go get my shoe and we can begin! :D"
And with that, she heads back off to the lab.

Marceline scrunches up her face. She wasn't some shoe-lacky! But she figured she was already on thin ice with the princess as is, so she didn't want to further that thinness. She wandered back to Bubblegum's abandoned shoe and picks up the pink shoe. Just because she can, Marceline holds it up next the her booted foot and compares sizes. They both have the same-sized feet. Who'd a thunk.

marceline_and_pb_halloween_by_sircollection-d3a5dnq.jpg

An hour later, Princess Bubblegum is still hunched over the table. A sudden cloud of stream engulfs her, and she coughs.
A few more steps, and she takes out a heating plate.
... "Ouch!"
An angry burn has formed on her wrist from the burner. "You butt!" She knocks the burner off the table- it falls onto the floor with the clatter, but burns her hand when she hits it. "OUCH!"

Marceline hears the cries from Bubblegum and flies to her as quick as she can.
"I'm coming!" Marceline hopes she can hear her... The vampire bursts through the door and goes over to Bubblegum. She sits down next to the princess and looks at her burns with a furrowed brow.
"oh.." Marceline frowns

The princess frowns, hurriedly holding a sheet in front of the work. "Ugh!" she drops it- not that you can tell what in the world she's even making. "Look at this thing!" D:

"I'm not concerned about your /thing/ D:< ! I'm worried about your burns, Princess" Marceline crosses her arms stubbornly and then hold out her hand.

Bubblegum averts her eyes. "It's fine. I was just being clumsy. That STUPID burner." Marceline's hands feel good around the inflamed skin of her burn, crimson and shiny, but not yet forming a blister.

"Are you bleedin anywhere or something? No glass in you, right?" Marceline looks her straight in the eye, daring Bubblegum to lie

"It's /fine/" She tries to snatch her hand away.

Marceline holds it tight, not letting go. She gives a menacing look with her black eyes and then looks at the burn again. And there it was, a piece of glass sticking out of the burn, oozing blood. So Marceline bent her head, fangs out.

"Uh, Marceline, what are you doing?" she makes no move to pull her hand away, but her eyes go wide as full moons and there's more than a trace of panic in her voice.

"Shut up," she says before finally sinking her teeth into Bubblegum's wrist. She pulls the glass out with her teeth, and then begins to drink the precious red from the candy princess' pretty, pink arm. Marceline gives a low growl of satisfaction from the red, and then starts to drink the mysterious substance from Bubblegum's arm.

"Bubblegum stares openly as Marceline drains the red from her burn. A hot sensation seems to burn inside her, from the place where Marceline bites her to the pit of her stomach, warming her body and most obviously her furiously blushing cheeks. She swoons there for a moment, simply standing with her eyes-half closed, giving in without a sound or movement, her hand limp in the vampire's. "M- Marceline!" She comes to her senses and yanks her hand back. "Why did you do that? I-" Refusing to meet her friend's eyes, she flexes her fingers, noting with an examination of her wrist that the burn hurts less than before. A white sheen covers the now-colorless area. "It... Feels a lot better now. Thank you, Marceline.... That was... It-" After a second in which she struggles to compose herself, she finds the right words, and stands a bit straighter. "That was kind of you."

She gives a lopsided smile where the left corner of her mouth gets pinched upwards. "Don't worry about it Bubblegum, just doing my job. But, whatever the hell it was that you were working on was doing some nasty stuff in that bloodstream of yours. I would suggest reworking the substance. Make it less.. toxic." Marceline puts her pale hands on her skinny hips and then puts all her "weight" on her right foot. "It did taste good though," she says with am awakening hunger in her black onyx eyes

Bubblegum takes a step back, wringing her hands together without noticing. "Well, I... I really must finish this." At Marceline's expression(?), she adds" Oh, it won't take that much longer. Just hold on!"
And with that she returns to her work, restarting the burner and taking out quite a variety of pliers and screws. A little packet of something gives off a faint woodsy aroma as she sprinkles it into a carefully-monitored solution boil, which simmers above a small fire. Hisses and clinks prevent the room from falling completely silent for any amount of time- but Bubblegum doesn't talk when she works. She never does. Can you imagine how unprofessional that would be?

--
A low hum fills the air, coming from a small device that looks something like a very tiny oven. Bubblegum calls over the noise. "Almost done!"
Taking out another torch-like instrument, switching it on, she continues to put together the project on her table. Bubblegum pulls back, frowning, though a rush of air flows out.
Frowning, she turns the power on the tool all the way up, and a gust of air is emitted with a sound like that of a hairdryer. The artificial breeze causes PB's hair to float and whip all around her face, but she doesn't seem fazed; it blows a hovering Marceline slowly back from its source.

(She wanted more of PB's red, kin) Marceline doesn't bother the princess while she works, she just busies herself with looking at all of the princess' gitch and gadgets in her lab.

"Marceline!
"I"m finished. for real this time!"
... "Just wait ONE more second, okay?"

So Marceline does, because what else is she going to do? So Marceline licks some remaining red from in between her fangs and giggles with some little left over "red-high" as she has just come to call it