Such A Small Girl For Such A Large Bounty

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Myuka

Original poster
[BCOLOR=#000000]Setting:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]The Human World: Set in today's world (2014) with all of its normal laws and limitations. Mainly based on US laws but that can be open for interpretation. People that have no demonic power reside in this world and create it's population (so, humans.)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]The Demon World: Up for open interpretations (but this is what I'll start with.) All races and powers of demons reside in this world. Different continental areas just as the human world. Set with it's own laws, limitations and judicial system similar to that of the human world. Obviously certain laws have been created to address those with demonic abilities and powers. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Main Laws To Be Addressed: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Illegal Entrance: Unless given a proper visa demons should not be entering the human world for any reason. Visa passports are provided to those demons who pay the legal limit, pass their background checks and have professional (sometimes personal) business in the human world. Same laws go for humans (that know of the demon world). There should be no illegal entrance to either world and if such laws are broken the offender will be sent to prison awaiting trial. Only certain entrances and exists are available and heavily guarded. Though, if you look close enough, you can find illegal entrances (most of the time, unless you are able to create it yourself you pay a hefty fee to those illegal beings that opened the entrance). Half breeds do exist (half human half demon) in which case the world said half breed was born will be the legal world of residence. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Probation: A strict record is kept of those who are on probation and depending on the circumstances are tracked. Reinforcements may come unannounced at anytime to check on the being currently on probation. If probation is broken they are instantly sent to prison awaiting trial. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Communication: There is the ability to have open communication between the Human World and Demon World through phone calls and internet. If caught giving information that shouldn't be provided (if a demon shows their existence through photos or such to a human that doesn't already know of the Demon World) the offender will be sent to prison and await a trial. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Bounty: A list of wanted criminals is provided to the public through internet access. Any person is allowed to collect the written bounty of any criminal. Keep in mind, if searching for a demon in the Human World you will need the proper visa to legally collect your bounty. Bounty limits are clearly set up as far a price, last seen location, associates, and preference of offender (dead or alive).[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Rules To Be Addressed:
Only Control Your Own Character:
Usually a pretty self explanatory situation. Don't get to controlling with other peoples characters. Small things, like a grab to the wrist and what not would probably be acceptable. You cannot kill of another persons character unless it has been decided by that creator.
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Read Carefully: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]Make sure to read the posts before you very carefully. So far this group has given lengthy and very descriptive posts, you must abide by what was previously written. For example, if a portal has closed before your post you cannot enter said portal.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Accepted Members to This RP:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]1) Myuka[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]2) The Returner[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]3) Gabriel Heartache[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]4) TreasureSniper[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]If You Want To Join:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]So far the people in this thread have given very detailed and lengthy posts that pertain to the newly developed plot line and fit together well. I would just like a detailed character description as well as an example of the post you would like to put into the thread. Give those two things to me in a private message and if you are accepted I will add your name to this list.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Questions or Comments: Please feel free to ask for any additions or clarification to the setting and laws. I'm open to other interpretations. Have fun![/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
[BCOLOR=#000000]September 7th of the year 2014 was just like any other busy Sunday for the people in town. With a population easily in the thousands and the stores all open the streets were lined with people; tourists, shoppers, street performers, you name it! It was a pretty decent day, sunny with a few clouds and no sign of rain. Traffic was at its usual level of being completely jammed, which is why it's just better to walk around the busy streets of New York. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]The billboards and window shopping were filled with the latest and greatest of trinkets and technology. Much of the excitement was focused on the next generation of iPhone to soon come out, but this was not the focus as she searched town. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Her emerald green eyes scanned the street signs quickly, as if lost. She walked at a slightly brisk pace as she looked at her map and sighed. She flipped some of her mid back length dirty blonde hair off of her shoulder so it wasn't in her way, pushing her bangs to the side as she looked closer at the map. She had beautiful and clear pale skin that was shown in her face but hid underneath her long brown jacket and blue jeans. She wore no jewelry but walked around in a pair of comfortable brown boots. The only accessory she seemed to carry with her was the Bluetooth headset in her right ear. She looked no older than 18 and stood no taller than 5'6, a pretty slim looking girl. She looked almost too thin, like she couldn't carry a huge bag of dog food without struggling; however her small frame was extremely misleading. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Rylee I've been walking all around town looking for this dang building. I thought you said it would be easy to find." The girl complained into her headset, a slight annoyance in her tone as she looked from her map to the street signs and back. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"You're not that much farther from it Myu, just be patient." A male voice spoke back to her through the headset. The location of this man was a lot farther than some might think. People that would pass the lost girl on the street would easily think she was talking to someone from home. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I'm not very good with patience." The girl, nicknamed Myu, complained. She stopped at a crosswalk, waiting for the sign to change. "I just want to get in and out before it gets too dark. If it's not there I'll have wasted too much time." She explained, though not specifying what she was looking for. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I understand. We are running out of locations though so we should be zooming in soon." The male spoke again as he could be heard clicking away at a keyboard. "Are you sure it's in this city? Yet alone this world?" He asked her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I'm not 100% positive, but I just have a good hunch." She explained, finally crossing the busy street with about fifty other pedestrians. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Alright, I trust you." He spoke as he continued to click away. "I still don't see why you couldn't have sent me instead. It's too dangerous for you to be out again." He mentioned, sounding concerned. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Myu rolled her eyes at his comment. "I told you Rylee, I need to be the one on the ground because if I was the one behind the screen we wouldn't get anything done." After that sentence she stopped in front of a large building. "I think I found it." She mentioned. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"The Historical Museum of Unnatural Artifacts?" Rylee asked. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Yep." Myu replied, folding up her map and throwing it in the garbage. "Wish me luck." She mentioned. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Of course." Rylee said before sighing. "Just get home soon; you're too small of a girl to have a seven digit bounty on your head." Again sounding concerned. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I doubt anyone around here knows that. Everything's fine!" She reassured him, walking into the museum. [/BCOLOR]

most_wanted_by_leejun35-d4tvzj2.jpg
"Sure, I'll call you later," he said as he pocketed a hastily scribbled phone number. What was it about him that sometimes drew unnecessary attention? As he turned his back to the brunette in a skirt which was too short for his liking, the friendly smile planted on his face disappeared as if it was just about time for Sean to get serious again. Now where was he... Right! Money. He didn't have much truth be told. In his field, he was not the best one but he has done enough deeds to consider himself a professional with some aces up his sleeve. After all, he had this one advantage on top of his colleagues, or maybe competitors was a better way to put it. Rounding the corner, he casually threw away the folded paper. Of course, he would not need. He never did.

Speaking of competitors, Sean managed to pick up an announcement on some hot shot target couple days ago and as far as he was aware, there were already a few other interested parties closing in. He would have to be quick, if he wanted to secure himself with next few months of not doing much and being able to afford it. Looking over the street, his eyes scanned the crowd. Towering over the moving mass of bodies by almost a full head, he had a good view. So good, he might have caught a sight of someone he was looking for. Chasing after people could be a bother sometimes, but how else was one supposed to get information? Every job probably had one of those aspects that were condemned, for Sean it was the constant need to move. Whilst he enjoyed the thrill of it all, he could grow tired of it just as easily.

'Where are you off to?' Mutely addressing the silhouette that he was stalking, Sean weaved his way through the crowd as a seasoned veteran makes his way through a mine field. His beige, knee-length rain proof coat was flapping around his legs. In fact, his whole appearance was beyond casual. It was designed to be so dull that whoever would look at him for more than a few seconds, would have difficulties remembering what he actually looked like anyway. Therefore, apart from the featureless coat, Sean was wearing v-neck line black shirt, tucked into darker trousers that comfortably allowed him to speed from zero to sprint in a matter of a second. A belt was a must, just to add that tiny hint of fashionability if only for Sean's personal feeling. As for his shoes, they were nothing special either - black and sleek which just enough grip on any surface to prevent him from accidental falling or skidding in case he would give a chase. Not that he usually needed to do so since some people or other...creatures, were so easily enthralled by his gaze. A chuckle escaped his lips as he stopped some 50 meters from his target, once again steering his attention to the task at hand.

Sean considered himself a cultured individual. I mean, he recognized good art and bad art, and knows history to a certain degree, but the last time he visited a museum was...well, quite a long time ago. But a job was a job and so he inconspicuously carried on following the petite blond.

[BCOLOR=#000000]((Thank you for responding! I was starting to get sad!)) [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She walked through the entrance and scanned at the welcome sign, reading the contents of the museum and what they consider to be 'unnatural' artifacts. After paying the dues to enter the exhibit she was greeted and handed a head set by one of the employees. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"If you would like to listen to the commentary about each work, miss." The friendly employee mentioned as he smiled at her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She smiled back and respectfully declined. "I'm just going to stick to my pamphlet, but thank you very much for the offer." She walked through the first room, looking at so many interesting things. She noticed a few pictures on the wall; most of which just seemed like gibberish to her. "They consider these unnatural? This isn't written in some otherworldly language, it's just some idiot high off who knows what scribbling doodles on a page!" She complained quietly into her headset to her colleague.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Humans will think anything out of the ordinary is unnatural. That's why they are so focused on science and discovery." He explained to her as he typed away on the keyboard. "I'm zooming in on your location." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Thanks." She said to him as she continued through the exhibit. She stopped at a gem; a gem weighing around two pounds, sparkles like a diamond and is the color of a clear ocean. She examined it closely before tilting her head in confusion. "Is this it?" She asked as she looked in her pamphlet. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Let me check." Her computer wiz colleague muttered as he continued typing codes. He was able to get a visual of her location. He had incredible skills with technology; not only was he able to find her so easily but he managed to get into the security cameras of the museum to clearly see her and the item she was looking at. If he wasn't on her side she would easily be in a lot of trouble. "The material it's made of isn't something humans have seen, so it's definitely from our world." He mentioned as he examined the gem. "But no, that's not it." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"So close." She sighed as she continued on. "By the way, where's everyone else? It sounds like you're alone." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"One is still sleeping, I have no idea what the little one is up to, and I thought one was going to accompany you." He mentioned confused as he continued scanning the museum with the hacked system. He examined the artifacts as well as the people enjoying the exhibits. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"He hasn't been near me all day." She mentioned, trying her best to avoid saying too much out loud. "Maybe he's on his way."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Maybe." The man replied as he started zooming in on random people. "Myu, I wouldn't stay long if I was you. I just don't like you being out by yourself. I understand you're not worried, which is why I have to do all the worrying for you." He lectured her like he was her father. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I just want to stay a little longer and then I'll be on my way home. Did you keep the door unlocked for me?" She asked somewhat jokingly, considering the fact that she wasn't talking about a physical door. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I left it open for you, right where it should be." He explained, zooming the camera in on a man keeping a pretty nice distance between himself and the young girl. In the computer hackers mind, it was almost as if the distance was planned. To be safe he kept an eye on the man in the beige raincoat. [/BCOLOR]

((I am people's person, I don't like anyone getting sad. Moreover, this looks like a good jump in, though it depends on where you lead it to from here on ;) ))

Sean reluctantly parted with the few dollars that it cost to enjoy the exhibit, though he couldn't help but wonder since when did museums charge for entry. Maybe he was just wishing for the convenience of generally free museums in most of Europe. With a shrug and a decisive shake of his head, he refused the headset. The tall man wasn't sure whether he was following the right person, but she fit the description that he was given by his last informant. Yet, before he'd approach her and ask her appropriate questions, he had to be sure he was on track. After all, who would want to bother an unaware soul with strange inquiries and look terribly awkward as a result? However, the girl didn't really seem to be that interested in the other artifacts on the display, which gave Sean the impression that she was after something in particular. But what? For the love of God, he could not figure out what could have been so special in this museum. True, there were a few things that would have made him stop and wonder, but not today. Today, he was at work.

Placing his hands in the pockets of his coat, Sean lingered behind as the girl came to a halt in front of a gem stone. Pretending to be interested in one of the other exhibits on display, a thought crossed his mind. Maybe all the women were attracted to what sparkled...just like magpies. Another smirk grazed his face and he had to lightly shake his head to stop himself from diverting his attention. His attention span could be very erratic at times which was possibly one of his worst characteristic. From the corner of his eye, however, he could see the girl talking to someone. Unless she had some mental disorder, Sean would have assign the soliloquy to the tiny gadget stuck in her ear. Was someone helping her? The prospect of more people being involved always put Sean on an edge. More people meant more work, possibly additional obliteration of witnesses. But what had to be done, would be done. He would see to that.

Then, with the usual unexpectedness that he was known for, Sean left the tedious replica of a mask and made his way towards his target. Instead of ambushing her though, he suddenly bent forward examining the stone just like the woman did before him, his body keeping what would be considered socially acceptable distance. There was an intent gaze on his face as if he was trying to analyze the stone, maybe even take it apart into cations and anions. The doubt clearly showing in his features. For anyone in the crowd, maybe even the girl herself, he just looked like a visitor who was not satisfied with what he was seeing.

"No, I don't get it. What is so special about this?" He said after few seconds as he straightened up, throwing his hand in the direction of the exhibit. Then his gaze moved towards the girls, the same expression of incredulity gracing his features as his finger was pointing the stone of being something it was not. The accusatory undertone somewhat stronger with that gesture. "Do you understand it? I mean, what is it?"

[BCOLOR=#000000]((Sorry, the font must look different on my computer. I did make it lighter, hopefully this helps.))[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Myuka was surprised by the male voice she heard near her. Her emerald eyes moved to see his face, not the same color eyes that were on her wanted poster. She's learned to change small details of herself to try and throw off too much suspicion, but she never felt like altering her appearance to look any bigger than she actually was. She never liked the idea of looking fat just to hide. She had a slight look of confusion due to his confusion. She could easily mistake him for any other ordinary person, which usually isn't good for a wanted criminal. She was too trusting and at some point in time that would be her downfall, possibly even today. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Not quite sure." She answered him, looking at her pamphlet and going through a few pages to find the gem listed. "Says here the gem is made of particles scientists have yet to solve. When put under a microscope all you can see is black, like the gem is hiding the specific information needed to uncover what the gem is actually made of. Like diamond, the gem is extremely sturdy and to this day cannot be broken with any amount of force or current technology. It is believed that the gem fell from space and if it can ever be deciphered might prove of other life not on this planet." She read word for word from her pamphlet. "Sounds interesting though. I can see why they put it in here." She said as she looked back at the gem. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Stop talking to strangers!" Rylee muttered quietly into her earpiece. His voice was much softer since there was someone much closer to her. "I don't like the feel of this guy." He explained as he zoomed in the museum cameras to get a better look at his face. Being the computer hack he is, he took an image of the man's face and started comparing that image to anything he could find on the web. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Ignoring her colleagues words she looked at Sean again and smiled. "Usually guys aren't interested in gems or anything that might sparkle. Planning on proposing soon?" She joked as she gave a slight laugh. In her right ear she could hear Rylee typing away at his keyboard, a sound she was really getting tired of. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Myu, leave." Rylee said sternly to her. "There's not much on him, which in and of itself is never a good sign. But he's after you, I know it. You wouldn't be the first reward he's collected, though at this point you would probably be his favorite due to your amount." He explained as he continued searching through street cameras and security cameras in the big city. "I'm going to look for Rosue and tell him to meet you outside of the museum. Don't leave without him." Rylee mentioned as he continued to search. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]'We really should have just given Rosue an earpiece, that seems to make more sense.' Myu thought to herself as she tried to hide the worry and panic she was feeling. Her heart rate must have jumped up a good ten to twenty digits. She's run before, but she's never been so careless as to let a bounty hunter approach her so close. If she just left now would that make her suspicious? She figured she had to come up with something before leaving. If only her phone would ring right when she needed it to so she could say her grandmother was in the hospital or something! She stayed and waited for his reply before trying to think of her excuse to leave. [/BCOLOR]

Why would anyone go to a museum, stop in front of a random artifact, scrutinize it so thoroughly like some high class scientist and not know what it actually was? True people went to these kind of places in order to broaden their horizons, that's why they preserved their ignorance until the last minute when they read the placard next to the subject of their interest. But why did Sean think that unless this girl fell into the ignorant category, there was something, some ulterior motive she might have? Of course, no sensible person would spill the beans and their darkest secrets on the spot to a complete stranger. Still with the look of disbelief on his face, his gaze leisurely moved between her eyes and the gem stone as if to try and fit the description she told him to the piece of the polished rock. "I guess the pamphlet has a point," he admitted and shrugged, only to suddenly start snickering when the girl mentioned the potentiality of him having a fiance. His sudden ripples in the silent interior rewarded him with several disapproving stare as well as an angry frown from one of the wardens by the wall. Raising his hand in apology, Sean wiped away a fictitious tear from his cheek.

"Sorry about that. To be honest, there is no woman I am going to propose to or even plan on doing so in the future. I am, as some would say, not the best relationship material. But why are you interested in it?" He asked in return, however noticing the subtle change in the girl's behavior. Unless his unforeseen giggles made him look a mad scientist, Sean could not decipher why she would suddenly look so...uncomfortable. Promptly he assessed her features again, knowing time might be running short. Apart from the eye color, everything was matched. He had to give it a go. After all, she might be the only person to help him move forward in his search. The analytic part of the brain was already processing and devising the next steps to be taken. It was clear if he were to keep her attention a simple question about why the heck she was here looking at the gem was not enough. He rarely pulled his aces out though, only when a situation became critical. Betting his chances of success on luck, Sean fixed his gaze on her deep green eyes awaiting her response. Whether it was a play of the light in the room or not was difficult to say, but it could have seemed like the hazelnut iris has momentarily came alive, swarming around the pupil before the whole image was gone as if it had never been there in the first place. In the meantime, Sean shifted his weight from one leg to another, knowing what was happening but keeping a cool demeanor that disproved any prospect of his eyes acting out.

[BCOLOR=#000000]((I should have been a little clearer earlier as far as her wanted poster. Two main differences are eye color and hair color. In the poster eyes are blue and hair is black. Plus of course the ears and tail but we will get to that later. I should have mentioned that before.))[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Hearing his reaction to her question put a slight smile on her face. Especially when the warden was getting frustrated with the noise level she couldn't help but snicker just a little. 'So he has no actual interest in the item. Rylee must be right.' She thought to herself before thinking about how to answer his question. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"It sparkles." She joked before thinking of a better answer. Trying to talk and think about the words coming out of her mouth at the same time proved to be a bit more of a challenge than she was expecting. "How can you not be curious of gems that have yet to be discovered? It makes you wonder what other gems might be out there." She began. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Careful Myu." Rylee muttered quietly to her, as if sounding annoyed she was still talking to a man that was after her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I mean, I've owned diamonds, rubies, sapphires, you name it! But how amazing would it be to own something that no one else has?" She asked, trying not to sound suspicious about her answer. Yes, she was after gems, but a very specific gem. This one didn't fit that description, she would have to come back to it later. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Myu you're an idiot. I'm getting you out." Rylee said frustrated, probably a bit louder than he should have been speaking to her. He got off the camera streets, unable to find who he was looking for in the short amount of time it took Myuka to slightly give away too much information. Rylee got back into the museum system, hacking into the security device mainframe before tampering with it. Without warning the alarm sounded within the museum and the sprinklers were activated, trying to put out a fire that didn't exist. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Alright people calmly and quietly-" The warden began to say before people were rushing out of the doors, even pushing the warden to a wall. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"There's a lot of motion, lose him in the crowd." Rylee explained to her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]'I thought he wanted me to wait for Rosue. He expects me to get back by myself with someone watching me?!'[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000] [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]She thought to herself in annoyance as she took a step back and made herself part of the crowd. Thankful for her small stature she was easy to lose in such a large crowd of people. She exited the building and continued walking down the street. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"At the corner start heading east. You need to go down a few blocks before getting back to the portal." Rylee explained to her. "I'm still searching for Rosue, he should be close after hearing the alarm go off." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Thanks." Myuka said quietly as she calmly went around the corner and started heading back. She wanted to get to the portal but she didn't want to look like she was in a rush. The sooner she got out of this world the safer and harder to find she would be. [/BCOLOR]

((ok, no problem. Let's go with a version where Sean sees the major resemblance between Myu now and on the wanted poster, if in fact, he is going after her based on the wanted poster ;) Can't deny a bit of mystery on my side))

Surprise crossed Sean's face. 'She owned such gems?' He thought, lifting his eyebrow at her. Sure that was a surprise. Maybe he was wrong in assuming she was the one who he was after. In fact, the similarities between her and the way his subject of interest was painted were minimal. But he had to admit that owning something that no one else had sounded alluring, in fact Sean wouldn't mind being in such position. But as far as he was aware, coming in possession of something rare was difficult, and not always done legally. Suspicious crawled into his consciousness once again and as he was reassessing who this girl might be, the alarm went off. 'A bit too convenient,' Sean thought but the petite blond was already mingling with the masses, making herself almost invisible in the jumble of bodies that were trying to rush out. No time to waste. Sean's sixth sense was telling him that the girl was who he was looking for and he'd be a fool not to believe that side of his mind which saved his life so many times before.

Pushing his way through the crowd, he felt the warmth of the sun on his skin as he got outside. Looking over the heads of everyone in front of him, even craning his neck to see further, Sean saw blondes here and there, but none that would look like the one he was talking to a few seconds ago. Unless, the one in the distance that has just turned the corner was his target. Damn it, she was fast. Breaking into a jog which was not hasty, but fast enough to get to the aforementioned corner within a matter of seconds, Sean had no better lead then that and once again bet his chances on the odds. Quickly turning to the next street, his eyes settled on the familiar silhouette. He had a few options in what to do now. He could either follow her furtively, or be unpredictable as usual. The thrill of the situation was starting to stream adrenalin through his blood and his heart was pumping a bit faster. The chase could sometimes be quite amusing. Often he felt like a cat trying to catch a mouse. Not every mouse was swift and skillful enough to escape him, but some, just like the girl some 20 or 30 feet away from him, so far managed to step up a notch in his grading. Quickening his pace, a mischievous grin spread across his face.

"Some action back there, wasn't it?" He said a bit louder for her to hear as he just arrived some two or three steps behind her, trying to level with her. The grin turning into a subtle smirk. "I wonder where the fire could have been since I didn't see it, or smell any smoke around before the alarms went off," Sean commented and for a second looked thoughtful as if trying to recall the situation. "Anyway, where are you headed to now?" The curiosity in his voice was not intrusive, just convivial as if trying to stir up some conversation.

[BCOLOR=#000000]((Oooooh mystery! Mysteries are always fun!))[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]'God dammit!' [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]She yelled in her mind after hearing his voice slowly catching up to her. She figured such a scene or distraction would throw him off a bit longer. She knew that if he was going to follow her that she could not take a direct path to her destination until he left her alone. However, he didn't seem to have anywhere else to be and no time commitments to follow; this might take a while. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She turned her head to look back at him and slowed her walk down so he could walk with her. 'Now he's becoming a pest. I just want to get home! Rylee and I have to look into different places if I'm every going to find it!' Her train of thought continued. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Who knows. Maybe faulty wiring?" She suggested. "It was hard just getting out of there in one piece, I don't know why people panic before even knowing the situation. Usually you can make better decisions when calm." She spoke out loud but found it ironic, since remaining calm was currently hard for her to do. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Holy shit, Myu! Get him off of you! Now!" Rylee yelled into her right ear, though not loud enough to cause any suspicion. "You're not coming home until he's gone." He mentioned to her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]'How does he expect me to get rid of[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000] him?!' The frustrated girl thought as she tried not to roll her eyes due to her frustrations. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Where am I heading to?" She asked him as if repeating his question. Crap, where was she heading to? She couldn't head home, she didn't have a home here, where on earth was she going? "You would think that would be an easy question, but I'm actually just wandering, trying to find my friend." She mentioned. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Oh yeah! Rosue! I did find him! Take a right at this next block and follow it down the left side of the street, you'll run into him soon." Rylee mentioned, as if seeming more calm. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]'Oh thank[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000] God!' She thought relieved. She smiled at the stranger following her. "And you? Is it just coincidence we ended up walking the same way?" She asked him, trying to figure out what reasoning he would come up with for following her. [/BCOLOR]

((Good, good :) Just in case, he is really after her for the bounty, do the authorities want her dead or alive?))

"Well, you seemed to be running away just as anyone else in that building," he pointed out, remembering how fast she blended with the crowd. In retrospect, it was obvious that she was trying to lose him which made him feel unsettled. If she already figured out that he might be on to her, he might not have enough time to get what he wanted. Pretending, masking and putting up an act was not something Sean had the patience or will to do. Therefore, this was not a new situation for him to be in, but it always had this side effects of uneasiness. After all, he was who he was and the rest of the world had to deal with it at the end of the day. Either way, the fact that the girl might have figured out why he was suddenly so clingy only made the whole situation more difficult. If she had already notified anyone through the headset, they might have sent a reinforcement or some sort of support. Sean could feel his mood dropping gradually as he realized all the pros and cons. Yet on the outside, his expression remained the same, nonchalantly amiable. But then she had to mention a friend. It was either now or never. Sean, quite clearly, preferred the now.

"I'm sorry but I don't think you are," he said in a low serious tone which surprisingly carried a subtone of polite excuse of ruining her plans. Briskly taking hold of her wrist, his expression turned from the friendly and cheery to a deadpan poker face of solemnity. Time to pull out one of his tricks. If the girl was who he thought she was, she would be able to see what was happening unlike the rest of the audience, which was, as far as he was aware, human. At first, it could have been only a shimmer of the air around his body just like it happens during very hot summer day right above the road, but soon, that shimmer turned a dark color, something between black and red. It did not linger in the air though, instead it was absorbed by Sean's skin, discoloring the left side of his face and neck, disappearing below the hem of his shirt. The amalgam of the two colors creating such a variety of shades of red that any canvas artist would be astonished. However, there was something odd about it as the unusual tan did not cover all of his skin and at one point trailed off in rivulets-look-alike. If looked at closer, one would see that it traced Sean's veins, in fact the whole discoloring seemed to have the shade organized in a similar manner, with the darker ones on where his blood was coursing, from there it trailed to lighter tones. Another additional effect of this sudden blemishing was that the aura it was giving off was not terrific but it was not that far off at this point, but it sure provided him with an invisible armor, protecting him from any non-human attack. Clearly, this guy was no human and he meant business.

'Enough of the display. You don't want her to see you in all your glory. You know what it has done to the last person.' A faint memory of a huge non descriptive house with cold rooms and omnipresent susurration crossed his mind momentarily, before he reached to her ear and pinged off her headset with one mighty swing of his forefinger. It stung, but Sean was all for extravaganza.

"We need to talk." The hint of non-negotiability was apparent in the tone of his voice. The previous non-demanding behavior was now replaced with hard set indomitability as he started to walk forward again, knowing of just the place where the two of them could have a chat.

I walk along the sidewalk in the city, barely blending in with the humans walking along the path. I appeared to be 25 and had long golden blonde hair that went past my shoulders a few inches. My skin was very pale, but it complemented my thin but fit body. My eyes were a vibrant yellow color, and I was quite tall, about 5'10. I wear skinny jeans, a crimson crop top that showed my pierced belly button, and grey sneakers. I wear no jewelry other than my belly ring, a pair of silver angel wings. I was beautiful to humans... that was my goal.
I see a male demon with a female one.My eyes narrow at the male, the one I had a contract on.As for the female... she was just in the way... I'd deal with her once I'd finished my contract.

[BCOLOR=#000000]((Loving this so far! Twists, turns, so much fun! I like the idea of "dead or alive" but just to give you a better goal, she's worth more alive. If you bring her dead she loses half her value. How does that sound?))[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]((And welcome BloodFang! Excited for you to join the excitement!))[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Completely thrown off by the physical contact of the stranger next to her she turned her head to look up at his eyes. She's never seen something like this before. She has seen many transformations, but nothing of this magnitude. At this point she wasn't hiding anymore, she almost looked scared. It was obvious she could really see him for who he was, and it actually frightened her. Due to the sudden change of emotion, her disguise had a hard time keeping up. Within one blink of her eyes it showed the true dark and somewhat icy blue they usually were, but only for that split second. Once she blinked again they were back to her disguise color, emerald green. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Ry-" She started to say quietly before he removed her headset. Calling on him was going to be no use, and she knew he wasn't a strong character on the front lines. Rylee was always behind the scenes and that's how she intended him to stay. She dragged behind him a good few feet before getting fed up with what was happening. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Would you really think I would make it this easy for you?" She asked him, losing her sweet and innocent tone and replacing it with a sarcastic, serious, and frustrated tone of voice[BCOLOR=#000000].[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000] She planted both feet on the ground and pulled her arm back. She wasn't out of his grip, yet, but she pulled against him to stop the movement. She looked so small, so frail, when in fact she was stronger, faster, and smarter than any human Olympian and could lift more than any machine. Her eyes changed from fear to frustration. She never broke his gaze, she wanted him to know that she was done playing nice. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Rosue, I could use a hand." She said quietly. To any person walking on the street it would look like she was talking to Sean. Luckily, her species had excellent hearing and since he wasn't so far anyways it wasn't much for him to charge right in. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]He ran up behind Sean, at a human speed to not raise any suspicion. With one punch aimed at the center of Sean's back, right on his spine, he used that distraction to grab the wrist that was holding her captive. He pressed on Sean's pressure point to release her and then turned Sean around to face him. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Rosue was surprisingly smaller than expected. He stood only a few inches taller than the girl, maybe around 5'8. He was tiny in stature and didn't look incredibly muscular. He had cold piercing dark blue eyes and white spiked up hair. It could easily look like hair dye to anyone that questioned it. He looked human enough, but his demeanor and power made it hard for him to hide his demon side. He wore a black sleeveless shirt with a dark red zip up jacked over as well as a pair of black sweatpants with what looked like gray Nike running shoes.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]He looked behind Sean for a split second before releasing him and standing in a defensive position. A master of martial arts and not afraid to show it, Rosue was up for the challenge of opponents bigger than him. He never said a word to Sean, never intended to. He wasn't much of a people person, especially considering the circumstances. Sean had more to worry about than just his opponent. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]His target was about two blocks down by now, running and trying to get home safely. "Rosue, please don't kill anyone in public. I don't want you to build a record as well." She muttered to herself as she continued to run. She didn't care how she looked to others, most just watched her run by and continued on with their day. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Besides the fact that the girl was gone, Rosue started a scene, as if he intended to! People were starting to crowd around the two in excitement to see what would happen. No one seemed interested in calling authorities, at least not yet. Rosue stood, seeing what Sean would do. If he would fight and cause more of a scene or if he would run, in which case Rosue would be right behind him. [/BCOLOR]

I had jumped up onto a building above the demons and was watching them fight... hmm... a show... how quaint I mutter. I become like the shadows, invisible, then jump down on top of Sean. I produce a silver dagger covered in the most deadly poison in our world... a poison that kills demons in half a second. I thrust the dagger into his chest. I'll see you at home my friend... now we can have fun forever as you will be my soul to torture. I smile maliciously as he collapses. Bye bye I whisper. I glare at the demon with the white hair, who takes one look at me and flees. My reputation in our world is well known... and so am I. When i'm ordered to kill... it gets done.

((A hunt on Sean? Hehe, that is interesting. But an order to kill him? Even more so! I wonder who sent the girl after him. Well, this should get very entertaining. As for your sudden kill of my character, I need to go with what Myuka says. Not only it is somewhat against the unspoken rule of role playing but it is not that easy to kill Sean anyway, even though he might look it. So for the sake of keeping this game going, I shall assume that your character is still on the roof tops.))

((That sounds brilliant Myuka. Saves Sean the trouble of using force. Though Rosue...))

The moment, he turned her back to her and started walking, the transformation disappeared and to any demonic onlooker, Sean would seem human again. To be honest, he never enjoyed the process of transforming. It inflicted on him pain that ran deeper than his physical body. Due to his abrupt take off, however, Sean did not notice the change in her eye color and even if he did, it would only confirm his speculations. Yet nothing was ever simple. Not with him, not with things he wanted to do, or had to do. The girl proved that point to him as she abruptly halted, almost yanking her hand out of his grip. His eyes lacked any major emotion, they were just two hazelnut marbles looking down on her, listening to what she had to say. "No, I didn't think so," he admitted and waited as it seemed that the petite blond was not done with her speech. The frustrated yet somehow defiant look in her eyes suited her. In other words, sweet and innocent blonds or women in general could have been a dream of any man, Sean just found those type of women boring.

'Rosue?' The name held no meaning for him, but it wouldn't take a Nobel prize winner to figure out that she has just called on a support. Sean suspected that there would be a team of individuals with this girl, but the fact that one of them was in a hearing distance just screwed up all of his plans. Unlike the blond girl, Sean did not possess enhanced senses, but he had years of experience under his belt. He expected the attack to come from behind, but it came faster than anticipated. He didn't manage to fully turn his back, so the blow hit him in his left side, making Sean bend to a side slightly, with his teeth clenched together. Then suddenly, the wrist of the girl was gone and her blond hair flew past his face in a surreal fashion. 'Damn them, pressure points,' he cursed the old Asian technique or wherever the hell it was from. Straightening back up, Sean looked after his target once again disappear in the crowd but he could not move, his own limb now held by the white haired man who Sean guessed was called Rosue. Running his eyes up and down his opponent, who has by now let him go, Sean knew better than to underestimate tiny people. In his life and career he met a lot of small people and some could cause him one hell of a trouble. The crowd gathering about them did not add to his mood either. Frowning, Sean knew that having the authority arrive in this place could result in more than just a lecture on how not to disturb the peace in the streets of New York. It was time to take it upon himself to satisfy those people's greed for action. His next step could complicate things for him but it might as well turn it all around. Sean was not a hazardous type of person, but he had to admit to himself that the amount of times he had bet his chances on luck today was getting abnormally high.

"Everybody stand clear," he called out in an authoritative tone that seemed to be nestled somewhere deep in his throat. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out what looked like a badge. "I am with the FBI and you people have nothing to witness here." Flashing the yellow hardened plate in leather bounding and his ID card nestled in the opposite side of the tiny book, it was obvious that he was holding a legit ID. Yet there was not enough time for anyone to pay enough details to that tiny piece because otherwise, someone would notice a tiny fault in it that would disprove what Sean has just stated. Folding it and placing it back in his trouser pocket, Sean looked at the Rosue again. The crowd looked from one to another, some shrugged and left, others stayed to see what would happen next. Either way, whilst FBI was hated by some and loved by others, it always resulted in one thing, people generally tried to look away.

"I don't mean you any harm. I just need to talk to the petite blond that you just let escape." His voice was clear and full of purpose. It was difficult to stay, however, what his true intentions were. "I know who you are and what you do, Rosue. There is no point for you or her to run, because I will find you again. Moreover, if I would have wanted any of you to come to any harm, trust me, that would have already happened." No, there was absolutely no sign of Sean wanting to break into a fight. And his words sounding like a threat? No, they were purely a statement, hinting that Sean could have mobilized his FBI support at any point to chase Rosue and anyone else from his team, to the end of the world. Well, that is if there even was any FBI team in the first place. If anything, Sean was very attentive to his surroundings now, his eyes wary to the point that any simple motion was registered. If Rosue would suddenly want to run away, Sean would have no trouble following.

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=#000000]((FBI badge, nice. Made me laugh just a little!))[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Rosue was slightly frustrated that his attack did not go 100% as planned, but regardless he achieved his goal. He was extremely cautious when it came to people like Sean, or really anyone who intended to contact the team. It was difficult living on the wrong side of a society, you could never be too careful with who you talk to and what you say. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]He watched as Sean pulled out his 'FBI' badge to the crowd. With a quick glance Rosue knew better than to fall for that trick himself. However, it did seem to have the crowd slowly dispensing. This frustrated Rosue even more, he really wanted that distraction. There were a few stragglers, but even though they stood near they tried to act like they weren't listening by looking at each other and discussing. Rosue had crazy good hearing though, he knew they were talking about Sean and himself. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Rosue intently listened to Sean's words, curious as to what he meant. What would be so important that he would go through all of this trouble just to talk to her?! No money came from that, which made Rosue suspicious. But damn, if there was anything Rosue hated doing it was talking. He wasn't one with words and every syllable just seemed like it had to be forced out of his mouth. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Anything you need to say to her you can say to me." His voice was pretty deep, suggesting he might be a bit older than his appearance showed. He was probably a good year or two older than the girl that escaped. If Sean really wanted to explain something he sure picked the wrong team member to talk to. Rosue was a great listener, but when it came to himself being involved in the conversation it was like pulling teeth. He stood with his guard up, trust was something that didn't come easily for Rosue. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]A few blocks down by now, the fake blonde ran through an alleyway before slowing down to a walk. She wasn't breathing heavy, which suggested that running that far for that long was not a difficult task for her. She looked behind her to see a few people walking on the street, but none of the people were the two men she might have seen following her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She looked at a dumpster, took one more look around and when the pedestrians weren't watching her due to their own busy lives, she put her hands on the side and pushed it farther over. Behind it was a small hole in the wall, probably no bigger than 4 feet round. The portal, finally! She reached her destination and knew she would be safe. Going through the dark hole and then sliding the dumpster back in front of the entrance, she ended up in a different dimension. The air seemed different, the atmosphere itself seemed different. One wasn't better than the other, but it was easy to feel a difference upon entrance. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]The area seemed like a vast desert around a small deserted western town. She looked like the only person around, perfect for a criminal operation. She began walking home before having the internal struggle of what to do. She turned to look at the portal, a confused look upon her gaze. "Do I leave it open for Rosue or do I close it?" She muttered to herself, worrying about the possibilities of keeping it open. She debated for a while, unable to decide what would be best. [/BCOLOR]

Had he really just seen what he just saw? A girl just disappeared into a wall. Alex, a human, looked at the section of wall with a confused look from the drivers seat of his car. It's probably a trick of the mind he thought...but then again his mind wasn't known to be very tricky. He got out of his car walked towards the alley and noticed that the girl had not disappeared into the wall but she had walked through a hole. It looked like the portals he read about online. Some kind of "world beneath ours" type of thing. He had no idea where it lead. He rubbed his eyes figuring he probably wasn't getting enough sleep. The portal was still there. "I really shouldn't" he thought "but maybe I'll find something that will brighten up this dull life of mine." He looked around to see if anyone else was near and climbed inside.

(I had a different character planned but this was too good an oppurtunityto pass up.)

Reactions: The Returner
((Yeah, I thought it would. I did shake my head in resignation when coming up with this, but it will tie in nicely with Sean's story and into the game as a whole, I think. Moreover, I am not American so I wasn't quite sure what other respectful authorities there are that I could use. Also, I hope you don't mind me creating some NPC and background stories in your world. I am just trying to make things up as I go along still leaving you with wide range of choices of what to do I hope. But if you don't want me to do it, I will stop.))

Sean noticed the slight change in Rosue's expression concerning his badge. If only he knew that it was no fake at all. Yet, if anyone would decide to run his details through the system a simple message would come up: "Special agent Sean Bennett, died on duty 14.2.2014". How come that he still had his badge then? Let's say some people do prefer to disappear from the face of the earth but remain alive. Even more simply put, his car blew up, the body found in the driver's seat was burnt beyond recognition. No chance of getting dental records or any other records for that matter. All that was left of the car and the body was charred pile of crap. Shifting away from the unsettling memory, Sean focused on the man in front of him.

"I am afraid that is not possible," he said simply yet with resolution. Glancing around at the people passing by, Sean has decided to drop his voice down a bit. The information they were to share had nothing to do with whatever these people might be thinking he was there for. "If I'm correct, your friend is the one with a bounty on her head, and a really big one for that matter. But she is not the one I am after, not right now at least. The last point of contact of my current target has forwarded me to her. So no, I don't think that what I say to you is like saying it to her." There was only that much he could tell before he would give away too much and get too little in return. Unfortunately, the sixth sense told Sean that Rosue was hard to sway. He looked like a determined guy, which only meant that if Sean wanted to get somewhere, he had to cautiously embellish his story a bit. Pulling out his cellphone, Sean quickly found the page with the bounty announcements; scrolling down, he soon settled on a hideous photo of a guys who seemed to have had his last date with a meat-ax and it didn't go that well. Turning the display around, he showed it to Rosue.

"I guess you've heard of this guy - Killo." Sean said as lightly as he could, but even he felt the cold chill run down his spine. Killo was well known in the demonic world. Starting off as a successful entrepreneur in their world, at one point something happened in his life to turn him around. Now, he was somewhat of an crazy slash genius slash deadly grandpa next door. Despite his old age, Killo was listed for one murder and couple suspicions of the same kind. The bounty on his head was high, but not as high as for the top 10 bad-asses that were hunted for, for decades probably. What was also known about Killo was the fact that he had a weakness - cute, tail and ears female friends that he sometimes surrounded himself with. In fact, there even might have been a story or two about him going around in those circles that Killo was something like a godfather to those creatures. To Sean, however, this bulky, bald and wrinkly old man with a face so distorted it looked like a broken mirror, meant many things but godfather. Furthermore, he seemed to have got his nickname based on a rumor that after one of those murders, he chopped his victim into precisely kilo a portion. So much for keeping lunch in Sean's stomach now. Quickly scrolling further down, among the names of the last contacts and associates of this apparent killing machine, as a last entry there was one letter 'M'. 'M' meant nothing in the bounty hunter world. No shortcut or a clue, no password. Just nothing that Sean could associate with. Moreover, he wasn't even sure whether that M was in any way connected to the girl he had been chasing all day today, but she was the only lead he had left.

"You look like a sensible guy and trust me, I don't really want to go on ranting about this maniac in public when there are so many people and unwanted ears that could hear us. So if you really don't want me to talk to your little friend now, we can set up a secure meeting," Sean suggested, then took another leap of faith hoping he would not go tumbling down if Rosue took the wind from under his wings. "Or you could take me to wherever you are going and we can talk there. I think I have proven myself enough that I don't mean to harm that girl." Though, Sean felt he didn't have the need or necessity to prove himself, sometimes that simple figure of speech could do miracles.

[BCOLOR=#000000]((Glad you finally posted Orbital. I saw that and was like "oh crap!"))[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]((I honestly would have never guessed you weren't American. You have very good grammar and overall speech! By all means, please add what you want to this story! I made it pretty broad on purpose. I'm guessing if and when it comes to it you will play Killo?))[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Rosue remained calm but still kept his guard up. It seemed pretty evident that Sean meant no physical harm to any of the team, which was a relief. However, to let this man near base? To let him talk to Myu? He couldn't imagine allowing such carelessness! She's been in too much danger before and overtime has become a huge part of every team members life that they couldn't imagine losing her. To the others outside the original team it would seem like she was only taking advantage of them and using them to protect her. That wasn't the case, the team members worked together on their own free will to do what they do today. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Killo, it rang a bell. Not a nice one though, when you are that brutal to someone word will spread fast. Being part of a criminal ring themselves, the team has heard much about him and as a whole decided not to go near the subject. They liked to keep themselves busy with different types of crime. Rosue narrowed his eyes at Sean, "So let me get this straight, you want to talk to her simply because you received the letter 'M' on a list and you think she would help you in any way?" He questioned, frustrated and confused. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]He sighed, frustrated that one of his other team members wasn't here to talk for him like they normally do. "I think you're in the wrong area. We have nothing to do with that man and don't plan on associating ourselves with him in anyway. You must understand, we can't have her talking to strangers." He felt like he could have explained more but then he would have to keep talking, thinking about it just gave him shivers. However...[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Would you risk your life just to talk to her?" He asked Sean, not giving much explanation or detail as to what he meant. He was more curious of the answer Sean would give. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]In the other world, she paced back and forth waiting for her teammate. Who came through the entrance was not who she suspected. She saw a man, a human none-the-less enter through with a confused look on his face. She felt that look could have been equivalent to when a child sees present under a Christmas tree after 'Santa Claus' stopped by. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"What?!" She yelled, frustrated. "Who are you?!" She yelled more as she walked up to him, clearly upset. "How on Earth did you find a hole behind a dumpster?! Human, you have stepped over a boundary you did not want to cross!" She told him, narrowing her eyes at him. It was almost like she was trying to get into his personal space to push him back through the portal and close it when he left. She was tiny, and probably smaller than him, but she did her best to be intimidating when she needed to be. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]To the human, the land was probably a bit confusing due to the atmospheric difference of the layout. The sky seemed a bit darker than normal, the air felt different. Moreover, it looked like she was the only person around a deserted western town. Why was she there? [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]((Sorry kind of short. Gotta get ready for work!)) [/BCOLOR]

((Why, thank you! If Killo ever appears in the game, then yeah, I'll play him.))

No, of course it was not just the simple letter 'M'. Sean was everything, but a guy without a plan and reason. He shook his head. "No, I don't go on empty leads. Moreover, I don't know your friend's name anyway. Like I said before, the last point of contact pointed me towards her." The first swells of his own frustration nested in his stomach. This really wasn't getting him anywhere. The guy was as small as he was a representative of his team. No wonder, they apparently managed to stay hidden for so long if they put this guy up front to negotiate or just in general communicate with anyone. Either way, a few more fibs never hurt anyone.

"I don't think this is the wrong place, Rosue. I think Killo might have what your friend is looking for, or at least he might have better information to where it is hidden or kept. Don't look at me like I'm lying. Anyone can put one and one together. The blond was checking out a gem in a museum and she said that she owned many others before. I got the feeling that she is the one to surround herself with unusual artifacts that glitter." Yes, that assumption sounded right. After all, it was his only hypothesis that felt solid considering the circumstances and lack of knowledge. Then Sean raised his hands at chest level, in a defensive manner, taking a step back as if Rosue has just thrown a grenade at him.

"Whoa, whoa, hold your horses there. Who said anything about risking a life?" Unless, the little man was calculating the fastest and most effective way how to break Sean's neck, that question threw the ex-FBI agent of the balance. It also made him feel a bit uneasy. "Well, the honest version is no." He answered after relaxing a bit, dropping his hands by his side. "I rarely risk my life. Think of me as that guy who prefers it the safe way. But the truth is that if I am not given any other option then yes, I will risk my life because trying to find another lead on this guys would be like trying to find El Dorado." Frankly, Sean did not mind sharing this with the white haired man. It seemed as if honesty was the key to this guys resolution. Moreover, Sean has already figured out that even after passing this information on, there was little to no harm to come from these guys. After all, they were thieves, not murderers or assassins, or vindictive son of... Right, he should probably slow down now. His mouth could cost him the next few months of hunger if he didn't get to talk to the girl and consequently quickly catch and kill Killo...accidentally of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.