(SU-D) Scattered Shadows FRP [Veterans Preferred]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the inactivity of this RP I have decided to start an Arc we were sort of waiting for a decent time to boot in.
So, Shen, if you don't want this to happen yet; let me know and I'll remove it.

((snip))
You've bugged me enough about joining, fox, I'll finally do it. :P
I'll have something within a week while I let your little arc start up and I pick/make someone to participate. Assuming Shen's still OK with it, not sure if that changed.

SS was designed to allow for the players to bring in their own arcs to play out. I may have an arc or two of my own to bring in later on, but that's for later on.

So go for it, man. No complaints on this end.

I HAVE A COMPLAINT!!!!! Why didn't you join sooner?

Cause even now, the things I've been talking about with Shen were a nope. Hence the delay. =|

I'm never in. I am. I just am.

Well now that we got our thing straightened out, I'll post tonight and we can keep going.

I took a nap earlier. I needed it. So too apparently did you.

im in. just trying to formulate something for my post

There!
Starting shit today, feel free to have a go at the havoc-party or the army outside. It's large so there are people for everyone!

Herzius56 is hereby removed from Scattered Shadows. His characters are hereby null and void.

Name: Geis
Race: Demon
Alignment: Neutral
Appearance:
- Hair: Varying shades of Blue
- Eyes: Emerald Green
- Height/Weight: 6' 0"/ 175 lbs
- Skin: Pale White
- Build: Slim and Lithe
- Attire: (See photograph)
- Noteworthy Features: His... Everything.
- Photograph:
Mad.Hatter.full.1646501.jpg

Weapon(s): He has this rapier.
Armor: None, unless his clothes count.

Geis's magic is in his cards. The cards were enchanted when his mentor gave them to him, so he has no idea how they became magical. They are only usable by a true believer of the tarot cards. After he draws one card, he must wait five seconds before he can draw another. When one is drawn, he can only use one of the two abilities before the card disappears. After the card disappears, he must use five cards after that before it appears again. Each card, save for Fool, has one support and one attack effect.

Using a card does take energy from Geis. The higher ranked cards with better effects and attacks take more of a tole on Geis. If he continues to use the cards, their effects are greatly reduced.

Fool:
Casts any one effect from any other card.

Magician:
Attack - Against a single target, this attack releases a fury of elemental attacks. It starts with a burst of fire, then icicles rain down on them, lightning shock, then stalagmites pierce up from the ground.
Support - All magic within a 30ft radius is dispelled, removing traps, curses, magical effects, etc, although innately magical items are unaffected.

High Priestess:
Attack - Attack boost to all party members for 2 minutes.
Support - Defense boost to all party members for 2 minutes.

Empress:
Attack - Strong ranged physical attack, can be fired up to 30ft away.
Support - Magic power boost to all party members for 2 minutes.

Emperor:
Attack - Strong melee physical attack.
Support - A wall of physical energy is created, providing extra defense. Physical attacks are blocked, but magic still goes through.

Heirophant:
Attack - A cross of light appears on target and explodes, dealing light/holy magical damage to all in a 10ft radius.
Support - A moderate heal to all party members.

Lovers:
Attack - A blast of fire on target, exploding in a 10ft radius.
Support - An aura of peace falls over all in a 30ft radius.

Chariot:
Attack - An ephemeral stampede of horse-drawn chariots run down all in a 50ft line in front of Geis, dealing physical damage to all.
Support - All party member's movement speed increases greatly for 2 minutes.

Justice:
Attack - After being stricken, whomever has this effect will make a counterattack, doing double the damage received.
Support - A perfect shield covers a single party member. When stricken, the shield nullifies all damage and leaves protected person unharmed.

Hermit:
Attack - Enemies lose their sense of sight, hearing and smell in an area of 25ft for two minutes.
Support - Party members gain clarity of thought, allowing for more powerful and much quicker spell casting and for tactical thinking for 2 minutes.

Fortune:
Attack - A random, single debuff to all enemies for 2 minutes. Can be Att Down, Def Down, Speed Down, M.Att Down or M.Def Down.
Support - A random, single buff to all party members for 2 minutes. (Options are same as above)

Strength:
Attack - A melee physical attack of immense power strikes the enemy in front of the user.
Support - Target party member gains 1.5 times their normal fortitude for 1 minute.

Hanged Man:
Attack - Target enemy is stopped for 5 seconds.
Support - The user has a chance to change the perspective on an enemy, bringing them to the user's side

Death:
Attack - Targeted party member starts a combo on an enemy, damage increasing with each successful strike.
Support - Targeted enemy's combo gets broken, making them stop and open for attacks against them.

Temperance:
Attack - The target enemy's movement speed is greatly reduced for 2 minutes.
Support - Target party member's focus increases, allowing for better accuracy for 2 minutes.

Devil:
Attack - A pentagram forms under the enemy. Razor sharp chains sprout from this design and wrap around, cut and squeeze the target for physical dark damage.
Support - Enemies become blinded, loosing their sight, while party's accuracy increases for 2 minutes.

Tower:
Attack - Fire and lightning rain down upon all within a 15ft radius of target enemy.
Support - Targeted party member gains a reflective shield, allowing for a single magical attack to bounce off and return to the caster.

Star:
Attack - A comet is fired from the card, launching out at a maximum distance of 50ft. At the end of it's track, it will explode. If it hits anything before that, it will explode at the point of contact.
Support - A blinding flash of white-hot light blinds all that are caught off-guard by it, possibly even affecting party members, for 2 minutes.

Moon:
Attack - Enemies are confused and can even attack their own or themselves for 1 minute.
Support - Creates an illusion of a target creature/person, drawing the enemies' to attack that, rather than the real for 1 minute.

Sun:
Attack - A heat ray falls from the sky, blasting all within a 10ft radius of target with intense fire.
Support - Healing light washes over the party, granting a Regen status for 1 minute.

Judgement:
Attack - Rays of holy light rain down upon all hostiles in a 30ft radius, dealing magical light damage.
Support - All of the party's status ailments and debuffs are healed.

World:
Attack - Target's next hit is a granted auto-hit.
Support - Target is teleported a short distance, at a maximum of 10ft.

Swordsmanship - Because of his upbringing, he was taught how to defend himself with the sword and he is more than capable of taking care of himself, even against a couple of enemies. His preferred weapon is the rapier.

Charismatic - He grew up learning how to speak the right words to get people on his side of thinking, often leaving him with more 'allies' than enemies.

Tactical - His mother had helped him with problem solving and tactical skills. Although he isn't as good as your grand master tacticians, he is capable of making choices that won't threaten his and everyone else's lives.

Tough - His father taught him how to endure though more pain than necessary, wanting him to be a strong man. He naturally has a slightly higher endurance than most others, though he still can't resist much more pain than normal.

Cantrip - Like all demons of his caliber, Geis can fire off a small bolt of fire up to 30ft away. It isn't nearly strong enough to do more than negligible damage, but it can knock something over, burn a rope or get someone or things's attention.

Manipulation - Demons naturally use 'kind' words and actions and have a way of speaking that seems whimsical when they try to get into someone's head and get them to give the demon what they want, or do what the demon wants.

Darkness - Demons are able to create a small area of complete darkness. On a target object or person, a 20ft radius of darkness sprouts from it. You can see absolutely nothing when inside this darkness.

-The rain pours down upon you, soaking you to the bone as you run along the dark streets, looking for sanctuary from the freezing rain. You turn a corner and the dim light of a candle in a nearby window catches your eye. You barely notice the word 'Open' on a sign nestled on the door before you sprint through, the door setting off the ringing of the small bell as it closes. You are panting, shivering and dripping everywhere. You remove your cloak and place it on the coat rack by the door. You look around as you huddle close to yourself, trying to get even the slightest bit of warmth to course back through your chilled frame.

Glancing around, you are in what would seem to be a family room in an expensive house. The floor is covered completely with an immaculate, velvet carpet. To the left there are two wide chairs with the same velvet cushioning and a small table made of mahogany nestled between them. On the table is a tray holding a tea kettle and two cups on small plates. The chairs face an burning fireplace nestled into the wall, lighting up the room an giving off a warm and homey feel. At the right, all that is noticeable is a curtain that drapes from the ceiling to the floor, blocking whatever is behind it completely from view.-

"Now, what would someone be doing outside in such weather as this? My, fate seems to have smiled upon you for you to have happened along here."

-You look up as you hear a soft, kind voice. A tall, slim figure steps out from behind the curtain, a kind smile on his ghastly white face. His pale features, odd dress, unnaturally coloured hair and piercing gaze had slightly startled you. His gaze was disconcerting, but the serene smile below beckoned you forward, keeping you where you stood.-

"Come now, my friend, sit with me and rest awhile. Have some tea and allow me to tell you a story while you wait for the storm to pass. And mind not the water dripping from you, all will dry in here."

-The man walked over to the small table and grabbed the tray before he walked back past you, heading past the curtain. Hearing a small call for you to follow, you tentatively take your first step towards the obscured area of the room. You push back the curtain enough to enter where the man had left to. In the center of this section of the room is a long table covered in a maroon tablecloth that drapes down to the floor. One chair is nestled on each of the long sides of the table, the man you had met earlier in the far chair. On either end of the table was a candelabra holding five lit candles. The tea tray was on the table to his left and a stack of large cards to his right.-

"Please, have a seat and a hot cup of tea. It will warm you right up."

-Slowly, you make your way to the table and pull out the other chair and sit down. As you are nestled, he slides you over a small plate with one of the cups , steaming and full of tea. You slowly take the cup and sip from it as he moves the tea tray to a small table behind him. Then, he reached for the cards and pulled them in front of him, drawing the first card and laying it face-up in your direction.

"I thought I might share a story to pass your time while you stay here. These cards are Tarot cards. I know you've heard of them, although they aren't really about what is commonly thought of them. They don't tell of your doom, they tell you of how to find one's higher self, thus leading to your own spiritual awakening. Each card has a meaning and will tell of a different chapter you may have already or will go through in your life.This story will be of my life... It is a tale that can be easily interpreted by each of these Majour Arcana. This card, The Fool, is interpreted as either the very beginning or the final end. For me, it represents the beginning. You may want to get comfortable... This story of mine is a long one, indeed.

"The Fool - My story begins as all of the world's creatures do: the Fool. The newly incarnated soul, free from the imprints of the society around him. An infant. Much like anyone's story, my chapter of infancy is a short one. The only difference from any other commoner's chapter, I was born into as the prince of demons."

-As the word 'demons' leaves his mouth, your eyes widen and you are stricken with a feeling of mortal terror. You scoot back in your chair and are about to get out of this place as quickly as you can, but he throws up his hands and speaks before you can move again.-

"Please, please, stay. I am a demon, but I'm not the stereotypical demon you've heard about in stories. I'm not an envoy from the Devil to come corrupt the world and send it into darkness. I should have said the former prince of demons. I've not been aligned with them for a long long time. Now please, come back and allow me to finish my story, the storm is too great for you to leave now."

-With great reluctance, you slightly push your chair forward, sitting yourself precariously on the edge of your chair, ready to flee at a moment's notice. He sighs and pulls out the next card from the stack and lays it on on top of The Fool.-

"The Magician - Being the first true card in the series of Tarots, he represents the beginning of something new: my life as a child. I have already told you I was the prince of the demons. I lived in a wondrous palace in the center of the Underworld, only child to the Emperor and Empress. I had such promise... Growing up with manners and learning how to properly rule. I may have been strict, but I was loved by all that new me, the most beloved prince in the land.

"High Priestess - Granny, as I grew to call her, was a kind old lady who was always there to help with anything I needed. Whenever faced with a problem with family or what I should do concerning the people of the kingdom, I always went to her. Her vast wisdom seemed endless to me as she always was there with an answer to what I should do. Following her great wisdom, it seemed as if it had rubbed off on me as I grew older, learning how to make wise decisions without seeking Granny.

"Empress - My mother. The strength of her mind was surpassed by none in all of the lands. She could think though anything and find the best course of action before starting anything. She was a loving mother, always being there to comfort my injury or to tell me a story at night. The humans have given her a bad name for her deeds, but she was a loving mother to me nonetheless. She always wanted the best for me, making sure I lived a happy life of luxury.

"Emperor - My father. The authority this man possessed was so great, anyone would do anything he said without a second thought, keeping the structure and stability of his kingdom tightly together under his strict rule. He was a strong man and always wanted the best for me but didn't want me to be pampered all my life. He wanted me to grow to be a man, to be strong and stand up for myself. I always wanted to be like him... Strong, respected and powerful.

"Hierophant - Being the male counterpart to Granny, I called him Gramps. He was the old man that kept me on the right path to keep with our family traditions. Despite the many times I had tried, and failed, to be a rebellious young one like most children grow to be, he was the one that always kept me stable. When all got to hard for me to handle, he was there to assure me that all wasn't for naught, as I would soon take over in my father's place as king.

"Lovers - Ah... My old love... I had fallen for a human, I'll leave the gender to your imagination, on a trip to the Surface Realm with Granny. We had met and fallen for each other instantly... We both knew that our love was forbidden but we couldn't help ourselves. We were madly in love and couldn't keep from each other. I would constantly sneak away from the palace to be with them constantly. We couldn't stand being away from each other for long... It pained the both of us.

"Chariot - My family had found out of our affair. They let me off with a warning, stating that if I promised to never see the human again, they would look the other way. But I couldn't... I was happy... I forced myself away from my family, continuing to be with my love. I was determined to be with them forever... No matter what I had to do. I kept my eyes on that goal and never gave up, my willpower never faltering.

"Justice - My father had caught wind of my constant meetings with my love and... true to his word, Justice was served. He had found my love and brought them to our palace... In the form of public execution... He had discarded my love... The same should have happened to me but... He wouldn't kill his own child and sentenced me to exile, stripping me of my title of Prince and banishing me to the Surface Realm.

"Hermit - As I wandered alone and helpless through the Surface Realm, I had thought on my past... learning how there was no other path for the choices and actions I had made. In an attempt to put the past behind me, I had began moving forward on my path again. Despite the slow speed I was taking and the lack of knowing where or what I was heading towards, I kept walking my path forward to my future.

"Fortune - As I walked down my unknowing path, my life and current situation came crashing down upon me. I was unsure of what to feel. Many emotions were cascaded over me. I felt waves of anger and rage at my parents for what they had done, of remorse and sorrow for my late love and of hopefulness and optimism for the better days to come. My world was falling down around me, then it rebuilt itself. My emotions were on a roller coaster that I could barely find any way to keep up with.

"Strength - Through all of this, through all of the crazy emotions my body threw at myself, there was one good thing that came from it. Strength. After my emotions stopped running, I had found in the anger and sorrow and hopefulness a strength within myself to face the hardships before me. It was a strength that gave me the ability to keep calm even as my mind ran over my past again and again. I had not once shed another tear after I had found it within myself to stay strong, even in such a state of emotional duress.

"Hanged Man - And around this time, the thought occurred to me: I wasn't at the palace anymore. I didn't need to be someone my parents wanted me to be; I could finally be myself. I could do what I wanted, be who I wanted to be without fear of punishment from their strict rules. This changing of my perspective on my new life had donned on me so suddenly that I wasn't sure what it was at first. When I found out, though, I realized that my life had only begun. Then... I realized one more thing... I wasn't at the palace anymore... I didn't know what was expected of me. I didn't know what I was supposed to do anymore. I was scared... It was as if I was just a mere infant thrown into the middle of the world with no one to follow. I was stuck there... Hanging.

"Death - This realization had brought about the death of my former life. Sending the me that was the proper and honourable being I was shaped into by my mother, my father, Granny and Gramps down into the endless abyss. I was free. I was free from the chains that bound my in place back then. Finally... For the first time in forever, I was completely free. This freedom... It was perfect. My old life was dead, nothing was left for me to worry about. This freedom from my past cleared away my pain and allowed me to look forward into my future. Without the strain from my past, I was able to look only towards my new life. My new beginning in this land.

"Temperance - I may have been free, but I was indeed in the Surface Realm, the land of the humans. Now, I had no idea what to expect here considering that the only time I was here was when I was with my old love and this was a completely foreign area to me. I will admit, such a feeling was overwhelming to me and I did happen to panic because I wasn't sure how well humans reacted to a demon. As I continued my travels, looking for somewhere to call home, I had adopted an outfit much like the one you see on me now. Most were frightened by my looks and I hadn't an ample excuse for why I looked as I did, leading me to search for a... consume, per se, to make me seem more human. I had adopted this outfit to make my appearance seem as a costume. I took on an alias of some form of performer, that being a good enough reason for people not to question my looks.

"Devil - As I continued on through my life in the Surface Realm, I had noticed something within myself... It had seemed to be a... void, in a sense. Part of me felt as though it was missing and it made me feel odd. I began feeling desire... lust. They were both feelings I hadn't had no previous exposure to. Then started my second downfall. I seemed to crave the feeling of another body... When I was intimate with someone else, the hole I felt had become filled... temporarily. Soon... The feeling of the hole being filled even temporarily took over. All I wanted was to bed another. Each and every morning, my first thought was either about where I would search for a partner for the night, or who would be my partner. I was consumed. I was so happy to finally have the void filled that I couldn't stop. Each night, it was with someone different, never going back to the same person twice. I had tried that once, but the void was still there when I did. I was moving from town to town always searching for a new partner. I could barely go a single night without feeling the need to bed another. Each moment I was alone, the void only seemed to grow to immense proportions. Fearing what may happen if it grew to big, I filled it every chance I got.

"Tower - Now... As I continued along that path, I had wound up going many places. One of those places happened to be much like this room we are in now. I was trying to... You know... But, as I spent more time there, I had noticed cards such as these that I am showing you. I had shown interest in them, having heard of such things as Tarot Cards, but not knowing what they meant. That kind person had then given me a reading... I drew one card and it was the Fool. Hearing that explanation and that I could draw as many as I deemed necessary, I kept drawing. Somehow, I had drawn all of the cards in order. All the way from Fool to Tower... and it donned on me how exact my life was to the cards. At that moment, I felt a change. My new knowledge of the cards, my whole mindset and view of the world changed. All tied into the cards. This realization... It was the most incredulous feeling I had ever felt. How the world could have been centered around 22 cards was just... incredibly hard to believe. I mean, how could each life of every creature on this planet already be dictated and planned according to the tarot cards? Yet... My life had followed the cards that I drew so perfectly... How could I not have believed? And then... I realized that since my life followed the tarots so well... I was kind of wary about the next. I knew nothing of the tarot cards at that time, so I had a reason to be worried about what fate again had in store for me.

"Star - As I had realized this, mountains of questions for the person before me. The oracle calmed me and told me of how the cards told the lives of people and how it was their job to show explain to me cycle, to explain why my life happened as it did. Then, as a way for me to see the cycle and see the rest of my path for myself, I was given the tarot cards.

"Moon - After the cards were in my possession, I was confused and even frightened.. Everything seemed so different to me, it was all so mysterious and... even frightening to me. It was as if I was looking at everything in a new life. When I saw anything going on around me, it brought my back to one of the cards. I had occasionally seen something that had me asking myself 'Is this really destiny?' but I could always pin one action I saw from others down onto one of the cards in my possession.

"Sun - A frightening and mysterious realization indeed, but from this I felt... joy. I can't for the life of me give you a reason why I felt the way I did, but I felt happy. Inside myself... In my soul, I felt a joy I hadn't felt since childhood. I felt as though I was in perfect control over everything now and that nothing could rain down on me that would ruin my life or my feelings because I knew that all of this was just part of my cycle. A cycle that would go up and down, make me sad and make me happy but it was MY cycle. Although mine wasn't always the happiest, it was still my own cycle.

"Judgement - Ah yes... I remember this time of my life well. After I had felt the joy and realization of my path, I knew what was to come next. Judgement. This... This was a majour struggle in my life. It was the time for me to remember the pain of my past, of my banishment and of my lost love. It was my time to remember... and to forgive. It was incredibly hard for me to do so... How easy would it be for you if your parents had killed your love and banished you? Nothing about it was easy... It took a very long time... In fact, it took me years before I was able to finally come to terms with what had been done... Although I knew I was never aloud to see my parents again, I had forgiven them. Because I realized that if they hadn't done what they had done... I never would have made it this far down my path. And now, in this point in my life, I actually thank them.

"World - The final chapter... With my new-found closure in my life, I realized that my cycle had been complete. Long gone were the days of my past and now all I had in front of me was my future. I knew there would be more ups and downs, but I was rejoicing in the completion of my cycle. The end had arrived, yet, it was only the beginning. I had many more cycles to go through before my complete life cycle came to a close and I can't wait for each one to happen.

"The Fool - My new journey was to begin. I was brand new into the world... I looked on with wide eyes, taking in each and every piece of the world around me. I knew nothing about the strange and new world around me. I wasn't afraid, far from it, my friend. I was happy to start my cycle again anew. I've accepted the fact that my life is to be continuous cycles over again, this acceptance of myself and of the world has brought me excitement and anticipation about what is soon to be in my life.

"That's my story. Believe it or not, the choice is yours. You can choose to believe the tale I have told you, or you can believe that I am a crazy psycho, it honestly matters not."

-As his story went on, you found yourself relaxing back into you chair, becoming more and more involved and interested with what he said. As he laid the next card on top of the last and spoke about his life, it only proved that his life was tied into the cards, just like he said. As you sit there in awe at the total realization, he began to re-stack and shuffle the cards, laying them all out in a random order on the table.-

"Now, if you did or even if you didn't believe me, perhaps you will believe when you draw yourself. Pick a card. Whichever card speaks to you."

Last edited by a moderator:
So much work... So much to magic and history... Neeeeeeeeh....

It'd take me months to fully work out a character. Not surprisingly, the bulk of it was always the History. If Alyx hasn't gotten back to you about what still needs to be worked on, lemme know via PM.

Mkay, after discussing the lack of pacing, I have altered the rules on the front page.

One week with no activity, you'll get a reminder.
Two weeks, your characters are subject to deletion and we'll just move on.

I've had more than enough of people popping in, making two posts, and dipping out despite those players obviously making constant posts in General Discussion. If you're going to be in the story, then post.

Well Shen you know I'm working on summat but I'll be finishing it tonight and poasting the new bio so I can write things out.

Shenorai said:
After so many people dipping out due to pacing, if you have not made an IC post in one week, a reminder to post will be sent to you. If you have not made an IC post in two weeks, your character(s) are subject to deletion from the roster.

Soo.... how does this work for things like me and the Emerald Army?
I have posted as the Army later than as my char ^^

Soon as I get an opening I'm dropping the profile I made and I'll make a post within a few minutes. Shen's already approved it, so, just some fair warning to those who don't know.

Can I jump in even though this thread has been around a while?

As a fair warning, there has been long delays between posts as of late due to some players getting back to school and real life matters with others. But if that doesn't bother you, show me who you have in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.