Strife

Logan Russo

The oldman sat slumped back on the toilet, his fingers dangling outstretched as he took a deep breath. The tingling heat in his finger tips subsiding as he curled his hands into a fist. Tossing the now empty bottle into the bathroom sink, Logan went back into the main room of the super market and looked around. He heard murmuring behind him in the other bathroom. Frowning he pounded on the door. "Hurry the hell up in there! We don't have all day."
He went back too his bags, over hearing Mona complaining about food. Again. He sighed and grumbled under his breath at hearing 'old' man, but couldn't help but acknowledge splitting up into groups. It wasn't a bad idea, though it wasn't the safest.
He thought for a moment, stepping away from the others as he paced in an old soup can aisle. The cans were all empty and rusted, which was too be expected. He slid his elbow pad on, adjusting it so it fit comfortably before grabbing the map Nissa gave him and tossing his bag onto his shoulder. He unfolded the map and rotated it some.
"Alright everyone, gather round. I was hoping Nissa would make it here by the morning, but she didn't. We need to assume the worst and get a move on. We got a storm coming in that'll be here sometime this afternoon if not sooner, so we need to cover as much ground as possible before then."
He paused and motioned towards Mona.
"Like she suggested we should split up to cover more ground, but it'll be too dangerous too be to far apart." He motioned at the map. "We will stick together until for three blocks then split up." He pointed at Rain, Nomad and Mona. "You three will be with me. We can continue down the main road while you four." He pointed at Kane, Emrin, Lyra and Lauren. 'Split off to the north. Go down two blocks, then continue on that road for a bit. If you run into any trouble, fire a flare and we'll come running. You do the same.
He handed a flare gun to Emrin.
"When the storm starts getting worse we will meet in the middle and set up camp. Any questions?"

As the group double checked their belongings, Logan whistled to Kane. "Go ahead and take your knives." Logan set the knives on a knocked over shelf and headed towards the exit, shotgun resting on his shoulder.
~~~

Split in the Road

As the other group split off too their own street. Logan starred off in the distance. The storm clouds were crackling with energy, and what he had hoped was a normal rain cloud was actually going too be a manastorm. A small pile of bricks crumbled from a building as a small creature landed above them. Logan put a hand over the sun and looked up at it. A wyvern looked down at him, a curious glare in its eye. A few more flew over head, circling the group.
"You still hungry Mona?"
He motioned up to the five dragon-like creatures.
"I heard wyvern taste like chicken. Have your boyfriend shoot one down."

• Haha
Reactions: Snowflake
Nomad

Nomad's attempts were midway through when Lauren walked in, almost instantly his vocal cords refused to make a sound. He could only nod at her inquiry. He was ready to do whatever was asked of him. He was a simple scavenger for hire. All he could hope was that he could prevent anyone from receiving any injury. He did shake his head no, pointing at the opened box that had the strong smell of alcohol, before rubbing his gloved hands together. Hopefully conveying the message.

He practically jumped out of his skin when Logan rapped his fist on the door, telling them to hurry up. With that, Nomad quickly exited the restroom, returning to where they had made camp. Packing up the tent as best as he could before picking up his backpack. As Logan called out the groups, he was relieved when he was grouped with Mona, but was saddened that Lyra and Kane were separated from them in another group. He again hoped that they remained safe. But at least he wasn't left alone with the strangers, that would've drove his anxiety up the walls to the point he'd barely functioned.

As they moved out and went their separate ways, Nomad kept close to Mona with his rifle at the ready. While it was a one shot firearm before needing to be reloaded, it was powerful enough to fight off something at long range.

But when Logan pointed at some small scaled creatures that flew about, commenting about how they could make for food, and causing Nomad to once again be dumbstruck slightly. But he checked the chamber for a round, and seeing it was ready to be discharged. He looked at Mona for confirmation on firing and getting something.

@Snowflake @Rads @TheQueensGuard

~~Mona Twist~~

And yet again no real food to put in the belly. No heated up soup, no beans and sausages and no roasted meat. A real disappointment of an expedition this one was and they planned theirs. Jerky and bread it is... Again... Ughh... I hate this adventure already. Maybe it would have been better if Logan didn't see fit to split up the dynamic duo. Obviously, they were too much of a threat to him, too powerful together so he had to separate them. That had to be it and not their troublemaking potential, no siree sir. A bit grumpy and pouty Mona remained uncharacteristically quiet during the walk. She could read the mood and knew that it wasn't the time to run her mouth like a blabber.

A smart move too, it seemed, though ultimately useless as a bunch of wyverns found them regardless. Her hand drifted to the handle of her bat and the weapon was brought up defensively. "Huh?" She saw the mask-guy looking to her for confirmation and she blushed a little. "I don't know a lot, you guys, but aren't these ones scavengers? I don't think attracting attention to us just to shoot some vultures would be smart." She reason though she still wanted a bit of real meat. In the end, it wasn't worth making noise at the risk of attracting something else. "Only if they come after us. Unless you're feeling cocky, lads." She was limited in striking at things that were out of range, or bigger than her, or faster than her. Really she could only effectively fight people. On top of that all she couldn't just run now because she didn't have Lyra. She was forced to rely on others feeling rather helpless and useless.

Rain gently sighs at logan's lack of manners and picks up his backpack etc putting the stuff away neatly then following, then nods at her advise and says" I may not be the most worldly like some of the others, but I'm no fool it's one thing to fight with another person or a creature of human size but I know I would die fairly quickly given things, and right now I don't have a tranq big or strong enough to take one of them down let alone many".
He takes out some jerk from his pocket and sticks his hand out so Mona can take it if she wishes, rain ate so he's fine for the time being, but would prefer not to run.
'I get things didn't go as planed but is it ok for him to lead the party, given he's distracted, i hope so because i don't want to be picking up after him if can be helped'.

After her watch, Emrin had wrapped herself in her cloak and fallen asleep on the ground next to the fire. She woke up late and sore and barely had time to get her hair into braids before scrambling to get her stuff together and taking the flare gun from Logan. Luckily she had some dried jerky in her bag and would be able to eat while they looked. She was happy to be with Lyra, but not too thrilled to be grouped with the Folly Assassin. She still had no idea why he was here or what his goal was. At least they had Lauren with them, who seemed more than capable in a fight.

After the group split up, Emrin summoned her owl to look ahead for danger or any sign of Nissa or the scientists. "I hope we can find them before that storm hits." She looked in the distance. Somehow, the storm didn't look normal. The color or the way it moved. Whatever it was, it looked dangerous. A part of her felt like if they didn't find the scientists or Nissa before they got caught in it, they wouldn't have a chance of finding them at all. They had been looking for an hour when suddenly her owl made a screeching noise and came barreling back towards her. "Something's coming!" She could hear them now, coming from the direction of the storm "Mana-starved! A lot of them!"

A thought occurred to Emrin. The other group had seen a troll. Mana trolls were often associated with hordes of mana-starved and the encounter hadn't been too far from here. She turned to Lyra and Kane, "That troll you guys saw. Please say it wasn't a mana troll."

@Kurogane86 @Sketching101 @Kat

@Sketching101 @ItariChan @Kat
Kane

Kane slept poorly, although it wasn't anything new. He was used to sleeping poorly, be it on an assassination, or in his cramped sleep space. He woke up and felt the sting of an empty belly, the small meal they got the night before did very little to fill his belly. He looked around and found some dried meat from the night before, he chewed on the rough chewy meat and savored the taste unsure of his next meal.

The groups were seperated, Kane was given his knives back. Unsure if he earned the old mans trust or if he wanted Kane to watch over Lauren, emrin and lyra. Kane collected his weapons and stored them along the nooks and cranies of his body. He gathered near his group and took in tje plan. They needed to cover as much ground as possible before the storm set in.

They started walking when Emran summoned her Owl to scout ahead, a smart move. They continued walking in silence. Kane kept an eye on their rear, while the bird took the lead. All of asudden it cried out and flew back, Kane could hear several gootsteps approaching. "We have enemies incoming", he said as he drew his blades. Emrin asked them to tell her they didnt encounter a mana troll, even though they did. Kane shrugged, "ok, we didnt encounter a mana troll." He said unsure why she asked them to lie to her.

Lyra Rosewald

After Logan split them up into groups, Lyra wanted to protest, but she sunk away in shame, keeping her eyes to the ground. She shot a worried glance at Mona before the two groups parted ways to search for Logan's friend.

Lyra followed behind Emrin and Kane as they took the path up north. As they trekked through the ruins of the old world city, the distant storm was approaching fast. It carried with it a strange hum, something almost soothing at a distance. Lyra's head jerked to Emrin as she called out the mana-starved. The hum quickly turned into a howl as the disturbing image of the crowd of rambling mages and scholars, shadows of their former selves. As she opened her mouth to clarify what they'd seen, the ground shook with a loud thud. The heavy footsteps of the mana troll rang like a beating drum as the hulking creature left the edge of the storm with a mana-starved's torso hanging in its mouth before being torn up like jerky and tossed on the ground. Lyra lowered her posture and crept near a wall, glaring at Kane, keeping her index finger up as if to warn. "Don'chu dare," she said through her teeth, as quietly as she could. She turned back to Emrin. "We can't wait for the storm to hit us in the open," she said, trying to keep her panic under wraps. "But… we can't kill that thing either. Any ideas?"

Mentions : @Kurogane86 @ItariChan @Kat

Lauren made sure she was one step ahead of the group, given Logan had decided to separate her with Emrin, the assassin, and Lyra. So far, she only liked Emrin. Maybe the owl could be forgiven as well- they were an amazing scout, Lauren couldn't deny that. Her thought process was interrupted by Emrin's panic, the drawing of Kane's blade, and Lyra's calm tone, yet startled appearance. She drew her gun, cocked it, and handed it over to Emrin. Lyra was next, and Kane... Well, he had his knives and arrogance, he could apparently defeat anything. He was fine without a gun.

Lauren drew her rifle and began to load a full round into the chamber.

"The only way to get rid of these shits is shooting a bullet into their head. Think you guys can handle that?" she questioned, completely ignoring Lyra's complaint that they couldn't kill these things. It was the only way. This was what survival was all about. You couldn't keep running from your problems, from your enemies. Often, you had to face them head on, and Lauren was intent on going through with this plan after she remembered the notes about the Mana Starved in Nomad's notebook.

"If I die, Emrin, you can have my shit- keep it close to your heart- and tell Nomad that I hope he enjoyed my granola bar, that I feel sorry for him, and know he'll get past the things that are holding him back. Any last words guys before we head straight towards the hoard? Looks to be about.. eh, twenty or so. They're going to keep finding us if we continue to run away from them though, so I'm counting on you all to do your shit and get out."

@Sketching101 @Kurogane86 @ItariChan

Logan Russo
@The Wanderer @Snowflake @Rads
"Yeah their scavengers."
Logan said looking through the windows of an old store.
"They ain't gonna attack though. Even if they did, their not too tough. Sorta like stray cats." Taking a small bit of rubble off a windowsill, the old man tossed it up at one of the small draconian, missing it by a few inches. It glared down at him and spit a small spurt of fire into the air, before flying up higher out of reach. "See?"

A few more stores down, Logan spotted a sign reading. Liquor. As expected, the store either had been looted were torn apart by some beast. The shelves were knocked over, the window was busted and the door was gone. Taking a step inside he waved the rest of the group on ahead. Taking a look around, most of the bottles he found were broken or empty. He was about too give up when he spotted a bottle tucked away beneath a turned over shelf. Pulling it out he grinned finding a half full bottle of vodka. Not much made Logan smile, but liquor sure did.
"That'll work."

Catching up with the rest of the group, he raised the bottle in the air. "Found something good." Catching his breath, he slowed down to the pace of the rest of the group. The group walked down the street for some time, the sun growing higher up in the sky.The wyverns were gone, and for a moment it seemed like the group was alone. Despite that, Logan couldn't shake the feeling of someone watching them and he glanced around at the buildings around them. Up ahead on the left side of the street was a tall building, still mostly under construction. The building opposite of it was collapsed into the road, forming a bridge-like structure connecting the two buildings. Frowning, he called the others together as he leaned against a truck.
"I don't like the feel of this. Things have been going too smooth, so we're gonna get off this road."
He nodded towards the construction site.
"We stick close together and hit that building. We should be able too find a way through, either going through the building itself or an alleyway. Then we-"
A whistle up ahead cut him off. Standing atop a cargo crate stood a man garbed in leather and spikes. A crude, spiked up Mohawk stood out along side a rifle in his arms. "Eh', you fuckers' behind the truck. You the folks from Providence?" Crouching down lower, he motioned for the others too do the same. "Fuck." Logan glanced through the windshield towards the bandit, behind him in the ruins of the building he spotted a few more heads.
"Alright, I'll keep these guys focused on me. You three start heading towards the construction site, stick to cover and find a way through, I'll catch up."
The old man drew his revolver from his hip and forced it towards Rain.
"Don't scratch it."
Similarly he offered the shotgun towards Mona.
"I want these back, so don't lose them. Only use them if absolutely necessary."
Finally he patted Nomad on the shoulder and handed him the flare gun.

"Gas mask, keep the girl safe. Lyra will kill me if anything happens too her."

Slipping the riot shield from his shoulder and raising his hand above his head he came out from around the truck.
"Nope, not from Providence. Just scavengers looking for a haul. Haven't found anything yet so we will just be on our way."
"Ain't from Providence huh'? Sure looks like Providence gear to me."
The man aimed his rifle down towards Logan, who held the shield closer in front of him.
"No don't do anything stupid. Just some things I traded for."
"Stupid? Did you just call me stupid?"
A shot fired towards him, hitting the shield with a thud. Growling, Logan took cover behind a car. He forgot how stubborn people from Folly were.

• Sweet
Reactions: Snowflake
Nomad

After Logan scared off the small flying lizards, Nomad would stand there for a second, watching as the creatures flew away. Despite the things being as annoying as flies, there was something nice to see something like them fly off, almost something majestic about it. He made a mental note to sketch one of these creatures flying later.

But the group was moving on and not wanting to be left behind, Nomad kept up with them.

During their brief visit to a depilated store. Nomad would scour for any supplies, finding nothing beyond garbage and stale food. Though Logan found something from the happy look on his face. Mona and the other person, he didn't check if they got anything, maybe they did and maybe they didn't.

Walking back outside, along with Logan, something struck Nomad as odd. It was too quiet. As if the area grew quiet due to the high number of intruders. It made Nomad uneasy, that he subconsciously moved closer to Mona and the others, ducking when Logan told them to. That was when a bandit made himself known. Logan gave his plan and handed Nomad the flare gun. Telling him to keep Mona safe. A request that Nomad gave a quick nod to Logan that he understood the gravity of the task he was given.

He kept low to the ground, moving with utmost silence and experience that came with being sneaky. He was the closest to the construction site when the gunshot rang out. Stopping behind cover, he saw Logan dip behind a car but still moving. He motioned for the others to move when needed as he made sure that the rifle in his hands was loaded and ready to be used when he looked at the flare gun at his side. Wondering if he should fire it or save it for later.

As both groups agreed on firing the flare should either of them run into trouble.

But firing it could alert the bandits to Mona and Rain as well as himself, leaving them open to be attacked.

But not firing it could cause them to go without assistance from the other group should they be able to provide help.

So after continuing to inside the perimeter of the construction site and after Mona and Rain were on their way out of the area should they find a way out, Nomad reached to grab the flare gun, raising to the air and pulling the trigger. Sending the flare loose into the sky. Hopefully allowing Logan to make a quick getaway.

@Rads @Snowflake @TheQueensGuard

Nomad

After Logan scared off the small flying lizards, Nomad would stand there for a second, watching as the creatures flew away. Despite the things being as annoying as flies, there was something nice to see something like them fly off, almost something majestic about it. He made a mental note to sketch one of these creatures flying later.

But the group was moving on and not wanting to be left behind, Nomad kept up with them.

During their brief visit to a depilated store. Nomad would scour for any supplies, finding nothing beyond garbage and stale food. Though Logan found something from the happy look on his face. Mona and the other person, he didn't check if they got anything, maybe they did and maybe they didn't.

Walking back outside, along with Logan, something struck Nomad as odd. It was too quiet. As if the area grew quiet due to the high number of intruders. It made Nomad uneasy, that he subconsciously moved closer to Mona and the others, ducking when Logan told them to. That was when a bandit made himself known. Logan gave his plan and handed Nomad the flare gun. Telling him to keep Mona safe. A request that Nomad gave a quick nod to Logan that he understood the gravity of the task he was given.

He kept low to the ground, moving with utmost silence and experience that came with being sneaky. He was the closest to the construction site when the gunshot rang out. Stopping behind cover, he saw Logan dip behind a car but still moving. He motioned for the others to move when needed as he made sure that the rifle in his hands was loaded and ready to be used when he looked at the flare gun at his side. Wondering if he should fire it or save it for later.

As both groups agreed on firing the flare should either of them run into trouble.

But firing it could alert the bandits to Mona and Rain as well as himself, leaving them open to be attacked.

But not firing it could cause them to go without assistance from the other group should they be able to provide help.

So after continuing to inside the perimeter of the construction site and after Mona and Rain were on their way out of the area should they find a way out, Nomad reached to grab the flare gun, raising to the air and pulling the trigger. Sending the flare loose into the sky. Hopefully allowing Logan to make a quick getaway.

@Rads @Snowflake @TheQueensGuard

Rain has been taking in the information as he moves with the group, it was not long before they are pinned down by bandits, Rain says in a very low voice" I get we have to retreat but right now were clearly pinned down, and I don't want to possibly get shot while we're running away, also given I can fight but I only have basic handgun training, my dad when he was alive taught me". He pauses for a minute or so as he peaks his head around the vehicle and spots some oil drums where some of the bandits are, he then quickly pulls back before he can be seen and says to nomad" your the only one in the group with a rifle right now, so in order to increase our chances of getting away shot the barrels so they explode and take out some of the men, the chaos should catch them off guard not to mention most people don't like the smell of fuel burning so they might have to retreat".

~~Mona Twist~~

Mona was quick to take cover alongside everyone, she didn't like the Folly bastards even when they didn't have guns and with them, they were as wild as a pack of starving hyena. Being pinned down like that had left her feeling rather useless and she had to rely on the others to keep her safe. Evidently, that was the running theme of these encounters and it dampened her confidence greatly. He bit her lips with frustration as she listened to Logan try to talk their way through these assholes and only ended up pissing them off. He handed her a shotgun, a weapon she only shot once or twice at the Breez shooting range. It wasn't something she knew how to use reliably so she made sure the safety was on.

She was right behind the mask-guy relying on him and his senses to keep them safe. She knew she had to keep her wits about her but this encounter had really brought her down and she was too distracted with self-deprecation about how useless she was to keep an eye out. She roadie-ran towards the construction site keeping her head down and moving from cover to cover until she was safe where she breathed out some of the tension in her chest. She had to wonder if every enchanter felt this way and if that was why they remained in town most of the time. No this was all on her, she never learned to shoot, if she did she would be feeling much more confident here. She saw the mask-guy about to fire the flare and that meant bringing more attention to themselves, from allies and enemies alike.

The other man was saying something, she caught his name before, it was Rain or something the like. For the time she ignored him as she moved through the site keeping herself low to the ground and removing the pack from her back. From it, she procured a stencil negative and placed it on the corner of the wall where it met the floor. Using the other hand she sprayed over it a sphere in the centre with waves and ellipsoids around it as if showing the Doppler effect. placing her hand against the wet spray paint she knew it won't be much but it might prove to be enough. Charging the sigil she moved away quickly shotgun still in hands. "It should daze them a little bit, create a shockwave that might damage the hearing if someone stands right next to it, best it might do is distract the lot of them or send one stumbling if he loses his balance." She explained to the two men next to her. She figured they could use any advantage they could get.

• Love
Reactions: TheQueensGuard
Emrin took the gun from Lauren eyes wide. Though she knew how to use it, it had been a while since she had shot one. "As long as we don't get caught by the troll we should be ok I think." Hearing Lauren talk as if she was going to die made her nervous. Looking at their odds right now though, it seemed likely that one of them wouldn't make it out. She silently nodded at Lauren's request and then turned to face the mana starved.

@Kat @Kurogane86 @Sketching101

Lyra Rosewald

"Hey! Get down before you get us killed," Lyra hissed as the ground shook with each of the troll's steps. She held the gun Lauren gave warily as she went on. "We'd have a better chance with the storm than fighting that thing." She held out her hand to Emrin. "Let's at least first signal for help," she said. After Emrin handed the flare gun to her, Lyra snuck around the cover she was hiding behind, and climbed up a short, remains of a building up to its first floor from the rubbles. She stood upright and held the gun up to fire it. She hesitated for a moment before shutting her eyes and pulling the trigger. When she opened her eyes again, she looked down to the horde, who she expected to turn to her. However, their attention seemed to be on something else. The other flare. "Oh shit."

Mentions : @Kurogane86 @ItariChan @Kat

Last edited:
Kane recalled his last meeting with the mana troll it was overwhelmingly strong. He then looked at the mana starved surrounding them. He could easily handle them but the others looked nervous Kane was about to engage when he remembered that his life didn't belong to him anymore. It belonged to Mona, mask, and lyra. He looked to Lyra who had taken charge and decided to signal for help. She fired the flare into the sky after climbing up some rubble. He immediately got ready for a fight but instead of swarming them they were drawn to the other flare.

He watched the Mana starved flock to the others he immediately remembered the others, his oath. He turned to his group. "They need our help we should go!" He shouted as he hurled knives into the back of the skull of some fleeing mana starved.

Logan Russo
@The Wanderer @Snowflake @Rads

Logan sent a few shots from behind his shield towards the raider that addressed the group initially. While the first two went past him, the third and fourth caught him in the shoulder. He disappeared behind some cover and two new raiders started firing in his direction. Moving carefully using his shield as cover, Logan maneuvered his way towards the construction site.
A man firing a belt-fed machine gun sent a burst of bullets towards Logan, most hitting the ground beside him or the shield in front of him. Hesitant to move, the hiss of a flare and the faint burst of red light above him knew that they fired off the flare. He glanced up at it to see which direction his friends were going, when he noticed the second flare in the distance. He felt a sinking feeling in his stomach, but the charge of feet and a battle yell drew Logan back into the encounter.

A lone bandit charged at Logan, fire axe in hand. Shooting his pistol in the mans stomach, it did little to slow him as he got closer. A bloodlusted look in his eyes, he swung the ax towards Logan but Logan hid behind his riot shield. "I'm gonna fucking kill you!" The man shouted out, but Logan hit him in the throat with his pistol before he could pry the ax free. He sent a bullet into the mans throat. Letting out a gurgle, he fell to the ground. Looking back towards where the rest of the bandits were, he saw the flock of wyverns flying over ahead. Ignoring the gunfight below them,one gave a wail of fear as they ran from something. Looking past the collapsed building blocking the road, a strong burst of wind and dust blew into the road. The crackles of thunder sounded above them as the manastorm hit, a sudden snap of green lightning struck a car down the road.
"Fucking hell."

Picking up the pace, he hurried after the rest of his group, using cars to keep himself standing before he hopped behind a wall. He caught his breath, trying to figure out what to do when he heard a sound muffled by the strong winds. It sounded like a heavy pair of wings, flapping over head. Looking up, through the dirt and the haze he spotted the tail of a dragon before it disappeared into the clouds once again.
"Fucking hell."

Lauren didn't understand what was going on or why on Earth the group wanted to run away from the Mana Starved and Troll and towards the other flare. Was their situation truly worse than where her group currently was? She shook her head- the group coming back together to fight off a swarm of enemies would be too risky. They'd get flanked on all sides and live their last days before they even finished this damn mission. Some of the mana starved started fleeing away, another interesting observation. Perhaps they didn't like the sound of the flare gun- that wouldn't stop her from laying siege to all these dead people. She ran towards a tree nearby and climbed up with an uncanny ability. She'd hold these suckers down while they went ahead to help the others.

"I've got this. You guys do what you have to do to get everyone back together while I hold these bitches down."

She let loose the automatic rifle and one by one, some of the mana starved began to fall.

@Kurogane86 @Sketching101 @ItariChan

Last edited:
Reactions: TheQueensGuard
Lyra Rosewald

Lyra didn't waste any time after hearing the gunshots. She slid down the rubble and sprinted forward through a bunch of the mana-starved turning toward Lauren. She managed to get past a couple before they noticed her. Just as she slid over the hood of a car, one of the mana-starved shot her shoulder with a bolt of lightning, sending her rolling to the ground with a loud shriek. She struggled to her feet, just as one of the mana-starved who noticed her came upon her. The dead mage's hands lit up green with magic as it grabbed her by the throat, even as she tried to get away. Just as it seemed to be about to bite her, something curled up around its ankle. Lyra pulled herself away, stumbling onto the ground as the mana-starved tried to walk forward in vain.

Barely looking back, Lyra tried to pinpoint where the flare had come from as the storm began to obscure her view. She ran into one of the buildings to keep the storm away as much as possible as she made her way forward. She began shouting once the storm was thick enough that she couldn't see where she was. "Mona! Mona, where are you?!"

Mentions : @Kurogane86 @ItariChan @Kat @Snowflake

Emrin hesitated, unsure if she should stay to help Lauren or go after Lyra and Kane. She looked at Lauren one more time before turning and running after Lyra and Kane. For some reason, some of the mana starved were running away. Almost as if... they were afraid. She looked up at the clouds felt her heart sink. They were all going to die.

Emrin spotted Lyra run into a building and ran in after her, shooting at some mana starved that tried to follow her in. "Lyra? Lyra where are you. I think I saw... I think I saw a dragon. It's closer to the others than us. In the clouds." She could feel the panic rising in her voice "I don't think we can reach them its blocking the way."

Nomad

Their efforts in repelling the bandits was somewhat successful, Nomad would start heading to Logan to aid the older gentleman. But was knocked to the ground from the sudden shock as a green lightning bolt hit a nearby car. From his position, and the bug eyed view through the lens of the gas mask, Nomad saw a glimpse of something that haunted him the second his mind processed it.

Dragon.

Exactly what type, size and overall general information were tossed to the side as the very thing Nomad feared to his core went back into the obscuring cover of clouds. If he didn't have his gas mask on already, he would've had a panic attack right then and there. The object provided him an odd sense of safety in these times, especially that he once heard that breathing in unfiltered air during a mana-storm increased your odds of becoming one of the shambling corpses.

Scrambling to his feet, Nomad would sprint to Logan, and put his arm over Nomad's shoulders to help the man to safety, all the while keeping an eye on the sky. The last thing he needed was that beast swooping down and sending both Nomad and Logan on a one way trip to the afterlife.

He'd follow wherever Mona and Rain led, doing his best to carry Logan along with him.

He just hoped things didn't get worse.

@Snowflake @TheQueensGuard @Rads