Strife

Rain had been busy setting up traps and just after the owl got back he says" I have just finished up the traps, there are four on the outskirts of the camp, three in the middle and lastly a three near the van". He pauses for a minute then says" The traps I have made are only big enough for a large wolf or something of that nature, so I hope that the other team doesn't bring a creature bigger than that our way".
" As for past events I have got, to be honest, it doesn't help with Lauren being selfish and Emrin your childish, then lastly it does not help with Logan being a bit of a dick, I'm not asking you a lot to be best friends, but seriously I don't need this crap every time one of you or all of you doesn't like what the other says or does".
" Also keep in mind that it could affect the team's survival, and I can't help others that need my help if you are at each other's throats, lastly I don't mind if you dislike me, if me being a little bit of an ass stops the nonsense I've done the right thing by the group".

Rain then goes silent and gently sighs, ' i wouldn't put it past them to start on me, I wish they could be more like Nissa but maybe that is asking too much, also the sooner we do this mission and get the church mice back then sooner we can go back to some state of normalcy, well at least that's what I wish for but realistically how often does what one wishes for come true'.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheQueensGuard
Lauren hadn't said anything to Emrin since Logan decided to "pair" her with the young child. Her apology was petty, though it seemed the owl had its uses when Emrin sent it off to check out their surrounding perimeters and came back with the apparent news that four people were nearby. Lauren scratched her chin, deep in thought. How on Earth there could be other people in Stoneview was beyond what Lauren could comprehend. She cleared her throat, ready to suggest that it might be the people they came looking for. Logan's daughter and other strangers.

Her fuse was lit when Rain- oh for the love of God, why him- when he outright called her selfish and proceeded to talk high and mighty about how their previous bantering could affect the team's survival. Lauren rolled up her sleeves and stormed over to Rain, eye to eye.

"I'll tell you what's affecting the team right now- YOU ARE. Your every single little complaint! Oh, don't do this! Oh my fucking god, that's bad for the team!"

She raised her voice, tone harsher every second, "Please tell me ONE TIME on this damn ride over to Stoneview when I bantered with ANYONE! Or when Emrin bantered with ME! NONE! You being an ASS DEFINITELY DOES NOT HELP! If you want someone at your throat 24/7, I'd be more than happy to oblige because the last shit we need going on is you complaining about how we aren't working together and acting all high and mighty, like you KNOW what you're doing. I've got news for you, Rain: You don't! So shut up, listen to Logan and I, and get your shit together or we'll leave you out there in the desert. Jesus christ. You're like a fucking man child."

Lauren walked off, not wanting to hear another word from Rain.

@TheQueensGuard @Rads @ItariChan

Last edited:
  • Love
Lauren hadn't said anything to Emrin since Logan decided to "pair" her with the young child. Her apology was petty, though it seemed the owl had its uses when Emrin sent it off to check out their surrounding perimeters and came back with the apparent news that four people were nearby. Lauren scratched her chin, deep in thought. How on Earth there could be other people in Stoneview was beyond what Lauren could comprehend. She cleared her throat, ready to suggest that it might be the people they came looking for. Logan's daughter and other strangers.

Her fuse was lit when Rain- oh for the love of God, why him- when he outright called her selfish and proceeded to talk high and mighty about how their previous bantering could affect the team's survival. Lauren rolled up her sleeves and stormed over to Rain, eye to eye.

"I'll tell you what's affecting the team right now- YOU ARE. Your every single little complaint! Oh, don't do this! Oh my fucking god, that's bad for the team!"

She raised her voice, tone harsher every second, "Please tell me ONE TIME on this damn ride over to Stoneview when I bantered with ANYONE! Or when Emrin bantered with ME! NONE! You being an ASS DEFINITELY DOES NOT HELP! If you want someone at your throat 24/7, I'd be more than happy to oblige because the last shit we need going on is you complaining about how we aren't working together and acting all high and mighty, like you KNOW what you're doing. I've got news for you, Rain: You don't! So shut up, listen to Logan and I, and get your shit together or we'll leave you out there in the desert. Jesus christ. You're like a fucking man child."

Lauren huffed and glanced over at Emrin and Logan.

"Come on, someone needs to scout with me. I'm quick on my feet, I might be able to catch some glimpses of whoever decided to walk into Stoneview without their license to not bicker."

@TheQueensGuard @Rads @ItariChan
Rain burst out laughing and says" I'm stating the facts from what I have seen since you played your part at the bar, also clearly when it comes to things outside of my knowledge, I'm not going to act a fool and follow instructions". He pauses for a minute then says" I'm not dead weight and I'll continue to do my part, I could have been an ass and left the bullet in and not healed you, I could have given shit and said serves you right but i did now, not mention your bloody pride got in the way of thanking me".

He pauses for a minute then says" Yes right now I'm being an ass because it's been one load of bollocks after the other, I'm not always like this and normally I'm a nice guy and I'm fair like I said before I'm not asking you to be best friends, but surely if your not being selfish and starting shit with people it won't happen as often".

Rain got his stuff together just in case and after a few minutes or so says" I worked at a hospital before I came to run my own clinic/surgery and trust me when I say this if you think I'm so bad, imagine having to deal with other doctors that act like gods and treat the poor like they are insects not worth their time"?

~~Mona Twist~~

"Ah well, you know, it is what it is. At least I can see some daylight to it seems that it's sunset already." They exited from the tunnel to strange foreign ruins. Sure enough, the Mask-Guy's Journal had part of the name but beyond that, it was just another ruin. Yeah perhaps there were sometimes lives here, perhaps there are still remnants of what they were but none of it mattered in this world. This wasn't some kind of a historical sight and they weren't archaeologists, this was a new and fresh ruin and they were scavengers that could make good money from looting the place. Or rather she hoped they would find more plants for Lyra and maybe a bit more electronics.

"Really all we gotta do is be careful, not make a lot of noise and scout out the place from af--" She shut her mouth right away as she spotted a van in the distance. "Shit..." She couldn't make it out but one thing was certain, they weren't from Breez. "Willing to wager it's Providence since it doesn't look banged up like the Folly rides." She whispered from a crouched position. "You, shadow fuck, disappear, I think someone might be coming our way." She settled in to get a better view of the area and sure enough, there were people coming their way. "Fuck, they know we're here. Get behind them if you can, take them out if they turn hostile. Go now, prove what you were saying back there." Of course, it was a huge risk to trust him, but it was better to have him away from her and Lyra... And the Mask-Guy too, she kinda liked him, really warmed her heart in a strange way.

"THAT WAS CLOSE ENOUGH YA GITS!" She shouted from behind cover when the people approaching them were within shouting distance. "THE HELL YOU WANT!? WHO'RE YOU WITH?!" One way or the other they would likely identify themselves soon enough but asking directly was the best bet while also seeming somewhat threatening to keep them away.

Logan Russo
Stoneview

Early-Evening

Reaching the supermarket was easy enough, Logan and the others luckily didn't encounter anything that would slow them down and the maps they used were accurate. When they finally reached the supermarket 'Ghost' still hadn't arrived. While Logan was slightly worried about her whereabouts, he didn't bother mentioning it to the others.
The supermarket was big enough. Decrepit, falling apart letters spelled out 'Convenience: Food, Medicine and Liquor". Some of the windows were broken, though for the most part the building was intact. Inside, the roof had a few places that needed patching up but looked like it held otherwise.
Glancing down at his hand, he could feel his hands starting to get warm. He already noticed the shakes back in the van, his bodies way of warning him to take his medicine before the harmful effects of the 'Mana-Glut' started to develop. As he stared down at his hand he could see the glow developing at his fingertips. He quickly tightened his hand into a fist and set off by himself, calling to the others. "I'm takin' a piss."

Finding the bathroom in the back of the store, Logan rested the flashlight on the sink as he dropped his bag lightly on the ground. He slipped off the body armor and started digging through the bag before finding a vial of blue liquid, the inside swirling with some sort of magic essence. It glowed in the dark dimly, though the flashlight lit up most of the bathroom. Rummaging in his bag once more he found an empty syringe and quickly drew some of the liquid into it. Taking a seat on a stool, Logan undid his belt and wrapped it around his arm. A few moments later and he could make out some veins in his arm, making it easier to inject the glowing liquid into his body. He sat in the stall for several minutes, already feeling the jitters and hot-flashes subsiding. He felt better.
Sunset
@Rads @ItariChan @Kat

After taking his medicine Logan made his way back into the main part of the building. The others were setting up camp in the building, so Logan decided he out to fortify the building some more. Finding some wood in the rubble of buildings, Logan used it to patch up the holes in the ceiling. Down below, he heard the commotion of the others arguing.

Walking up to the tail-end of the argument, Logan could help but chuckle at Lauren's 'man child' comment. He started to gather his things, namely his pistol and inquisitor armor, as Lauren walked out of the supermarket away from the doctor. "I like to hear you two argue as much as the next guy, but encase you heard now might not be the best time to be going at each others throats. The kid said her owl saw some people coming up, so we outta' focus on that."
Making sure his pistol was loaded, he cocked it back. "Rain watch Emrin. Take the van and head back to Breez tomorrow morning."

Emrin quickly objective and insisted on going along. Considering Rain just got done insulting everyone, it was no wonder why she wasn't keen on sticking around with him.
Logan made his way out to the front of the supermarket with Emrin. He saw Lauren tensed up and called to her."Me and Emrin are going to meet the other group half way to see if their friendly. You in?" After she agreed too come along, the three set off down the road.

~@Sketching101 @Snowflake @Kurogane86 @The Wanderer ~

They didn't have to go far, and only a block from the supermarket a voice called out to them. He couldn't spot them, but only knew they were hidden behind something in front of the,.
"THAT WAS CLOSE ENOUGH YA GITS!"
Logan started to raise his hands to show he meant no harm, but paused halfway through. His eyes narrowed as he scanned for the familiar voice.
"THE HELL YOU WANT!? WHO'RE YOU WITH?!"
He relaxed some and he sighed. He recognized the accent and shook his head and rubbed his eyes with his fingers. "Damn it Mona, what the hell are you doing out here?"
He glanced over to Emrin and Lauren. "She's a kid from Breez, looks like we're in the clear." If she was here, it likely meant one of the other three was Lyra. As for the other two he wasn't sure. Maybe Jay sent them as backup? No he wouldn't send anyone, let alone a pair of kids.
Far side of the City
A storm was coming from the mountains. Thunder echoed in the clouds as lightning flashes of lightning illuminated the green-tinted clouds. Something was unnatural about the slow-moving storm and the sporadic flashes of magic abilities made it obvious. Inside the clouds some creature lived within the clouds, its massive wings beating along with the beat of the thunder. Hopefully the storm would dissipate, along with the creature that lived within it.
Outside the City
A horde of mana-hungry creatures had caught the scent of the far-off storm. The mana-starved troll that lead the horde scanned the terrain with lifeless eyes in search of anything containing mana as they lumbered slowly towards the city. They lost track of their last snack of four survivors, atleast two of which had mana flowing through their blood. Perhaps they would finally find a meal that they would satisfy their hunger in the ruinous city of Stoneview.

charlton-cordoba-3-e.jpg
Lyra Rosewald

"...View?" Lyra looked up from the journal to the masked man with one eyebrow raised. She shrugged and shook her head apologetically. "Not sure what you’re trying t’say." She climbed up some of the cobbles over to the side of the wrecked tunnel to look over the remains of a city. She grumbled as she shielded her eyes from the setting sun. "I… don’t think I’ve ev’r been here before. The view is pretty nice, though," she said, turning to the masked man with anticipation, barely keeping herself from bursting into laughter. After a few moments, she spoke again. "View... Because..." The bottled up laughter seemed to dissipate as her head sunk with a sigh. She hopped back down.

"THAT WAS CLOSE ENOUGH YA GITS!" Lyra’s head jerked toward the voice. "THE HELL YOU WANT!? WHO'RE YOU WITH?!" She sprinted forward in a panic with green glow in one hand. She planted her foot and got ready to throw something in her glowing hand. She stopped halfway through as she saw who it was. She heaved a sigh of relief as the glow dissipated. "What’re the odds?" Lyra muttered. She called out to the old man. "Where are we?"

Mentions : @The Wanderer @Kurogane86 @Snowflake

Nomad

After no one in the group was able to pinpoint exactly where they were, Nomad's anxiety practically skyrocketed. The soon-to-be panic attack only stopped when Mona yelled out for someone to stop where they were. Snapping back into reality, Nomad pulled the rifle off of his backpack and took a position behind a car for cover, chambering one round. He would've put in more rounds, but the old hunting rifle only held one round for firing before it needed to be pulled out via the bolt action.

Aiming with goggles was a slight detriment to most people, and sometimes himself combined with the fact that the rifle didn't have a scope, only having the iron sights it had when it was made years and years ago. But experience allowed him to at least aim shakily at center mass. Normally he would aim past the person and just fire to make them take cover while he would sneak away in the confusion as he hated taking a life for almost no reason. The reason why he was aiming center mass was because he was with other people. People whom could get hurt or worse if something went south. And he couldn't live with himself if he allowed one of his compatriots to die while on a scavenging run. Mona, Lyra and even that shadow assassin guy. He gave each one a look just to further cement the idea in Nomad's head if things went south. It was shoot to kill. Anything to protect them.

Now he only needed the call to pull the trigger.

He stopped when someone from the approaching group called out to Mona in familiarity. Slinking back into cover, his thoughts of just who this person was, were further thrown into confusion as Lyra stopped mid throwing something that glowed green. Did they know who this person was? Family member? A close friend? Or someone they just knew? Was it someone from Breez?

If so, then maybe they knew where they were.

Getting out of cover, and lowering the rifle. Nomad gave a cautious wave to the other group as greetings.

Maybe this day wasn't going to be so bad after all.....

@TheQueensGuard @Snowflake @Sketching101 @Kat @Kurogane86 @Rads @ItariChan

~~Mona Twist~~

That voice, that heavy annoyed gruff and tough sounding voice. Her eyes widened with both delight and comfort as she stood up and hopped onto the rock fully exposing herself to the approaching group. "SCREW YOU OLD MAN! WE GON' AN GOT CHASED BY A TROLL! FOOKIN' MANA TROLL!" She was still shouting though it was clearly non-threatening. "WHO YOU EVEN CALLIN' A KID YA SHITTY UNCLE BEN! THE HELL ARE 'YOU' DOING HERE?! THIS YER HOOKUP SPOT?!" She was making her way down to him and his two companions one who she had seen around Jay's bar when she ought to have practised tattooing and more often around the library talking to Lyra. The other was some random woman she didn't care to take another look at since she was certain she didn't know who she was. Seemed kinda average for a Breezer. "You know damn well the kind of world we live in you daft old fool. What, has your senile age started already or did you forget we go out scavenging like the rest of you?" Now that she was closer there was no need to shout at the top of her lungs. "But, Lyra makes a fair point, we have no idea where we are because a Troll chased us then collapsed the other exit of this here tunnel." It seemed she was visibly winding down and relaxing now that Logan was there and she had a chance to shout at the top of her lungs.

"So other than where in the fuck this is. Why in the fuck are you here? And these two? They from Breez right? I can imagine you taking some floozies out of town to hook up but they seem too pretty for you so I figure something happened to get you to get off your lazy old bum." She kicked a small chunk of rock to the side and put her hands on her hips. "Guess we're sticking with you guys then. You get the services of the best enchanter in Breez so you won't complain of course." She smirked then forced herself to admit. "Fine, fine, second be-- Ok third best, but only because they both thought me quite a bit am I willing to admit that." There were likely a bunch more people better than her but she wouldn't dare admit that. Besides, one had to act like the best in order to become the best. "Oh yeah we picked up another guy as well, there's the Mask-Guy that sometimes comes to trade and such... Then there's this other guy... He said he was an assassin from Folly but who knows..." She shrugged then changed the subject like it didn't matter. "So you guys got a fire going yet, started roasting some food? I'm kinda hungry for something warm."

@The Wanderer @TheQueensGuard @Sketching101 @Kat @Kurogane86 @ItariChan

Kane

Kane was surrounded by his companions in this strange new city. He was on edge due to being in an unfamiliar place, he looked around trying to make sure the area was safe. He heard the sound of footsteps just as Mona did. He did as she instructed and disapeared into the shadows, he did as he knew and circled the approaching enemy. He knew the older male would most likely be the strongest so he chose him to die first. He slowly, quietly approached, he pulled out his blade and was ready to drag it across his throat when he heard Mona again.

He took a step back and reappeared behind the aged man. "Seems you know these people." He said as he sheathed his blade. "Ill hold of on the assassination then." He walked past the group of new comers keeping his guard up the whole time. He made it his companions and eyed the group, he knew better than anyone that looks could be deceiving. He stood in silence as Mona filled them in on their adventure so far. When Kane was introduced he interrupted. "Kane, my name is Kane. I am indeed an assassin from Grimms Folly." He said as he stood waiting for their next move.

Emrin was about to reply to Rain's sudden outburst but Lauren got there first. For once she found herself liking the crazy woman. Just a little bit. Apparently, though, Rain hadn't had enough even after Lauren had said her piece and walked off. "Rain, stop being a hypocrite and just shut up. You're the only one starting shit right now"

Just then, Logan came back. She quickly objected to his idea of staying in the camp with Rain and went with him and Lauren to investigate the group of people her owl had spotted. However, she did leave her owl behind with Rain and piece of paper, in case anything should happen and he needed to contact them. Emrin couldn't help but feel a little tense. Hopefully, nothing would happen on their first day out. A familiar voice called out to them though Emrin couldn't remember whose it was. As they got closer, she recognized Lyra and her friend, Mona. The two of them were together, along with a masked man. Emrin paused. I swear he said he saw four of them...

Just then a young man appeared behind Logan, making Emrin jump slightly. "We're in a city called Stoneview, and yes we have camp set up." She eyed the assassin warily, "An assassin from Folly? Are you sure we can trust him? I'm pretty sure he just tried to kill us just now."

Rain coldly smirks and thinking ' are you fucking kidding me,I'm not meant to pissed off about the bullshit and be a good little boy be like yeah it's fine to create a shit storm then just say sorry and its all good'. ' this is why I hate selfish and childish women, hell I got chewed out far worst than that when dad was alive'
He gets up and gets some fire wood and fire starters then lastly sets up the area for his pan, once done he light the fire starters.
He takes some deep breaths and starts to calm down. Once the fire is burning nicely he puts a frying pan on and adds a little oil.
He gets some meat from his bag and takes it out of the cloth and puts it in gently and then lastly gets spices out of his bag and lightly season's the meat.
He then gets the dog bowl and water and some food for the dog from his bag, he then places both in right sections and shadow barks happy.
Rain then gets a hard plastic plate and some cuterlery ready.
He turns the meat over and seasons the over side. Then puts it back in pan and pours himself some water.

Lauren was certain she already felt a migraine coming on the moment the child started yelling at her team. She definitely wasn't nice nor did Lauren want to have anything to do with this girl and her companion. Lauren glanced over at the stranger who boldly announced he was an assassin from Grimm's Folly- an idiot, really, for sharing that out loud. What made it worse was that the little girl- Mona, Logan had said her name was- seemed to assume that her and Emrin were floozies with the old man.

"Oh hell no. We are not sticking around with a bunch of strangers. Definitely not with a rude bunch who just tried to kill us. Who are these people Logan? You said that kid's name."

Logan Russo
Stoneview

Sunset
@ItariChan @Kat @Snowflake @Sketching101 @Kurogane86 @The Wanderer

Sure enough, Lyra's voice called out up ahead beside Mona. She asked where they were, and a gas mask wearing man stood up from his cover and gave a wave. Logan hesitated his answer and eyed the man, unsure who he was. He has a somewhat lanky and thin body, and based off what he was wearing he probably was a scavenger of sorts. Before he managed to answer Lyra's question, the brass voice of Mona rang out.
"SCREW YOU OLD MAN! WE GON' AN GOT CHASED BY A TROLL! FOOKIN' MANA TROLL! WHO YOU EVEN CALLIN' A KID YA SHITTY UNCLE BEN! THE HELL ARE 'YOU' DOING HERE?! THIS YER HOOKUP SPOT?!"
Even from up there it was loud. "Tone it down Mona, you're gonna grab the attention of every damn monster in the city. Even worse, you're giving me a headache." He rubbed his eyes and muttered up to the young woman. As she rambled on and on he picked up a few bits and pieces of information. They were scavenging, got lost and were hungry. At the mention of food, Logans stomach growled lowly. He glanced towards Lauren, then noticed the shadowy figure behind him.
"Seems you know these people. Ill hold of on the assassination then."
"God damn, where the fuck did you come from."
Logan jumped back away from this 'assassin' and went to draw his pistol before letting out a tense breath of air. He grumbled quietly to himself, annoyed at how the kid managed to sneak up behind him. Maybe his age was getting the better of him.
Emrin and Lauren answered most of the questions Mona and Lyra presented, but both had their questions.

"That's Mona, she's an enchanter from Breez. Good kid, just a bit loud. And a bit vulgar."
He motioned first towards Mona, then Lyra.

"Lyra is her friend. Helps run the bookstore in Breez." He paused and said a tad bit quieter to Lauren. "You know, the one you tried stealing from?"
He chuckled to himself quietly then said aloud. "As for the other two I have no clue. Gasmask over there looks like a scavenger probably one of the girls boyfriends. As for Kane." He paused and looked over the kid. "Looks like he could actually be from Folly. Probably Mona's boyfriend, bit to edgy looking to be Lyra's type."

In the distance the howl of some creature echoed throughout the streets. Logan looked deeper into the city and frowned. "We need to get back to the supermarket before something stumbles upon us." While he didn't think Lyra or Mona were going to be trouble, it might be risky bringing in two strangers into the group. "You two." He motioned towards Kane and Gasmask. "If you're camping with us you need to turn in your weapons. Don't want to wake up with a blade in the neck."

~Ghost~
Location - Breez -> Gus's farm (Stoneview South)

Walking to Stone view was no option for Nissa if she was to go ahead of the group. As she had left, Logan had informed her of their intentions to use the creepy white Providence van and with that information she knew she would need to scout quickly and promptly. Options in such a setting were obviously limited though after eliminating the use of the rail due to its restrictions on viewing scope, Nissa settled on visiting someone she knew who could help her out with an appropriate method of transport.

The man was edging into his seventies, though his mind was still as sharp as a tack which was good considering ‘harry’ lived on the outskirts of Breez where there was limited protection from beasts. It never ceased to surprise Nissa however how accurately Harry clued into the presence of someone on his property or the accuracy as he fired a warning shot from his rusty old shotgun considering the man was completely blind. She ducked when the shot ricocheted off a nearby log, instinctually throwing her hands up in the air whilst Whistler let off a bark from behind the trees.

“Jesus christ Harry it’s me!” Nissa shouted from the edge of his yard, nothing more than a few trees and pieces of scrap metal and debris to hide behind. Silence fell for a weary moment until the distinctive creek of the wooden shack door echoed and an old man stepped out into the doorframe.

“And how d'ya reckon an old crust like me would know that twinkle toes?” Harry’s hoarse voice responded, raspy with humour laced into his tone. Nissa frowned as she stood up and lowered her hands, watching as the leathery skinned man lowered his weapon with a broad smile. Harry was one of very few who could get away with calling her something like twinkle toes. He reminded her of Gus had he been alive long enough and he as sure as hell was just as helpful as her mentor.

***​

‘The hooch will be fine as long as you don’t run ‘er past a quarter tank, should get you there well before nightfall.” Harry instructed Nissa from where he was crouched beside the rickety looking cluster of scrap which had been meticulously constructed into a motorbike reminiscent of a landfill statue one would once have hailed as a masterpiece in an art museum. Harry had an incredible talent for making something out of nothing and had on numerous occasions provided Nissa with equipment that had gotten her out of a bind. In return she had often brought him items from town to save him the journey and repaired the rather small amount of things he couldn’t do himself for one reason or another.

‘Mm yeah, there we go.” Harry mumbled aloud as he groaned to a stand and roughly pat her on the shoulder blade. “Give ‘er a start youngin and for god’s sake bring her back in the same condition.” he added while Nissa stepped over and took a moment to check the extra tank on the back. Behind them Whistler sat patiently waiting, the dog’s ears twitching as he listened around them contently.

“Thanks Harry… I’ll need to owe you on this one, seems I wasn’t meant to be having a quiet day at home like i thought.” Nissa commented to Harry who didn’t seem to care too much about the circumstances.

“Bring me a roast dinner and we will call it even” Harry quipped in response which earned a smile from Nissa as she swung her leg over the bike, fiddling with the choke before lifting her foot up and kick starting the bike. Whistler had stood as Nissa got herself sorted and soon enough she patted the tank in front of her. Whistler had been patient until that point, the dog bounding over and jumping up onto the bike in front of her. It wasn’t the best form of transport for the both of them but nevertheless it did the trick.

***​

The ride wasn’t smooth at all, with a decent sized dog who had decided he didn’t want to sit still and the wind picking up, Nissa’s wrists had started to cramp a couple of hours in. For the most part the trail to Stoneview was clear of debris, still relatively well travelled upon and absent of anything too dangerous. She kept a keen eye on the off beaten tracks for any sign of trouble, though sure enough everything seemed quiet, perhaps too quiet…

Another hour of riding and the occasional stop to check out something looking somewhat suspicious, a few familiar landmarks came into view, the old petrol station foundations and the remnants of a small general store that had once served as a pull in point for travellers passing into and out of Stoneview. She could remember them full of life, grumpy truckies and the loud voices of children playing in the playground out the back of the store. Something unexpected however was the sudden rumble across the ground, Whistler’s ears flattened as he began to let off a growl. It was short lived as Nissa’s eyes widened, The trees on the far side of the road whipped apart as a large Tatzelwurm sprang outwards and directly crossing their path. Nissa hit the brakes hard as the back wheel of the bike lifted, the front grinding into the dirt track as the Tatzelwurm landed on the road, turning its head sideways as Nissa, Whistler and the bike hit the side of the beast with force. Nissa and Whistler immediately left the bike over the bars, colliding into the solid scaley side of the Tatzelwurm as it let out a loud shriek. The beast rolled sideways from the collision, it’s tail whipping upwards and with it, flicking both Nissa and Whistler metres across the road into the bushes with a merciless thud.

***​

Silence graced her ears when Nissa finally came too, groaning as a sharp pain ran through her side. Her face was covered in a cold sticky substance and when she reached up to run her fingers across her cheek she screwed her face into a scowl. It was snot. Tatzel snot.

“Ugh….gross…” Nissa murmured as she slowly sat upright, her chest aching as she sucked in a breath. Whistler was beside her and though he seemed to be fine the first concern Nissa had was to check and make sure that he was fine.

“Hey….hey boy, c’mere,” Nissa called to him, Whistler whining softly as he slowly stood, padding over her legs as he licked at her cheek. She felt sick, her vision blurred from having hit the ground so hard. How the hell they hadn’t been further attacked by the Tatzelwurm was beyond her.

“You all good?” Nissa asked her dog, finding him in one piece but fairly certain he would also be tender from such a hit. The two took a few minutes to gather themselves before Nissa made it back out to the road, letting out a gruff moan when she spotted the remains of the bike, Harry’s words echoing in her mind. So much for one piece.

The beast was definitely gone, but with what she suspected to be a cracked rib or two and one heck of a headache, Nissa knew it wasn’t safe to remain out in the open should something else be lurking. The injury wasn’t going to help her out in any way either and so after sifting through the broken bike parts and finding a decent sized branch to use, Nissa and Whistler headed further into the Stoneview district in search of cover, a destination that Nissa remembered rather clearly despite the time that had lapsed.

***​

Whistler’s ears pricked and tail wagged as the dog clambered over a small mound of dirt, ducking under a half rotten fence which was overgrown with weeds, Nissa slowly moving behind him. She was too exhausted when she finally found the edge of the farm to cry over the fact that she was back here, more angry at the state of the old workshops and barns which sat on the south end of the main house. She needed to find something to dull the pain in her head and side, not to mention something to wrap around her chest to support her ribs. With the dog in front of her she had relaxed somewhat in her advance, sure that once she was inside one of the structures, another run in with a tatzelwurm or worse would be far less of a risk.

~~Mona Twist~~

Mona frowned, visibly offended and wounded that Logan would assume she would date someone out of Folly, especially after she just met him. She was in fact so annoyed by the comment it took her a while to realise it was likely a jab at her considering how many jabs she had taken against Logan. "Oh well, you're wrong there, Mask-guy's actually my boyfriend, we met about a month ago at the Market, he sold me some batteries, that's when I felt the electricity and sparks between us." She was proud of that one, as dumb as it sounded it was rather funny in her head and she couldn't help but grin at others.

She shuffled about when Logan began to get serious. "Hey, not to tell you how to run your gang or anything, but the same way that you don't know them I don't know your friends. I won't object to you disarming Kane but leave the Mask-guy out of this, he is a good man. I mean it. Emrin I know is friends with Lyra but that one I don't know nor like her attitude. I'm serious, Mask- dude risked his life to save Kane from the Troll. Not to mention he often trades with Breez with no incidents what so ever and you know how strict Jay can be with thieves and troublemakers." She crossed her arms and stood her ground. It was one thing to disarm the assassin from Grim's Folly but a whole other to disarm the one that was a verified scavenger that often traded with Breez. People like him were the lifeline of Breez and getting needlessly hostile was pointless. "By the way, I told Kane to sneak behind you in case you were hostile. Don't understand why he made such a hostile entrance after we both established we were friends but..." She shrugged. "Point is, leave Mask-guy out of this." She remained firmly in her spot to make a point of how serious she was even though she would have gladly rushed to get something to eat.

Nomad

Nomad shrunk back a bit, both from the serious tone the man that Mona had been talking to took when it concerned the security of the group by having both him and Kane hand over their weapons, the sudden change in the tone of the conversation managing to distract Nomad from the boyfriend comment that'd made Nomad's cheek turn crimson behind the mask. The other thing that made Nomad's heart race and his step back slightly was the howl that echoed through the streets. The noise causing him to cast a look around in a futile attempt to locate the direction of the howl's original location. But he couldn't even remotely figure out where the direction of the howl had originated from.

The thought of having to give over his only source of defense worried Nomad, as what if the source of that howl happened upon them and all he had were his bare hands to defend himself? There was also Kane who was getting disarmed, but Nomad was positive that at least he could use his hands and whatever fighting with his hands skill he had to defend himself, while Nomad could at best annoy whatever he punched while hurting himself. At the same time, he wanted the others and himself to be within the safety of a larger group, and if he wanted to be part of the safety of the group and avoiding tension, then he would have to take the risk.

So he was about to disarm himself when Mona spoke up, adding to the boyfriend joke and then going on to defend him. The actions leaving him even more speechless and stunned than before. His cheeks warming up from a mixture of things. Embarrassment, pride, anxiety, and a few more things Nomad couldn't describe. He couldn't stop himself from looking at Mona, pondering what exactly would cause her to defend someone such as him? He was just a lowly scavenger. Someone whose days were a coin-toss away from being the last, so why was she defending him? Sure he did save the Folly survivor when he could've left him behind and had often gone on scavenging runs to get supplies for Breez, but surely there were more people more deserving than him in that regard as there must be others who have the same sense of morality in the world.

He was pulled out of his thoughts as he remembered where he was and what was going on, realizing that attention might be on him caused him to cross his arms over his chest in an attempt to give himself some comfort to avoid shaking from anxiety overwhelming him and letting the other group see such a weakness.

He just hoped that the groups would figure something out before that thing that made the howl finds them.....
@Sketching101 @Snowflake @Kat @Kurogane86 @ItariChan @TheQueensGuard

Aster Russo
Stoneview
Evening

The past week had been a literal hell for the young Providence woman. While the first week had been relatively fine, the entire second week was nothing but running from monsters and people from the expedition dying. Out of the seven Inquisitor guards that came along with the expedition, four had died. Many of them were friends. The other two were alive, or atleast they were the last time Aster was with the group. The four scientists were still alive too, so it seemed they were going their job well.
She had been separated by some foul ape-creatures, one of which was still tracking her up until earlier in the morning.

Her last order was to get out of the city and get help for the group, and she was nearing the edge of the city now. Inquisitor Clyde was incharge of the long range radios that connected to the Providence channel, but he was in the stomach of some fat, smelly troll. He had been one of the first ones to go, and Aster was initially sick to her stomach hearing his screams fade away as he was swallowed whole.
~~~

She shuddered at the thought as she trucked along the sidewalk, her hands resting on the straps of her backpack. Her jacket was tied around her waist, her revealed arms covered with several small cuts, scraps and bruises. Around her right arm was a bloody bandage tied to her arm, a minor wound that just needed covered up. Her hair was pulled together into a ponytail, though loose strands hung down to her shoulders. She glanced up at the sun as it started to disappear behind a building. She would have to camp in the city one more day, then it would be a long trek back to Providence. In the distance, a familiar howl echoed through the streets of the city. It was the sound of the creature that drove her from the group, one of a pack of Pox Trolls.
She quickened her pace. “I’m ready to get out of this damned place.” She muttered quietly to herself, glancing down alleyways and vacant doorways as she walked.
~~~

She finally found a place to rest off the main roads of Stoneview. It looked like it was an old compound of sorts, several decaying barns and unused workshops were compiled together near an old farmhouse. She waited at the edge of the property for a few minutes, crouched quietly as she waited for something to make a noise. Once satisfied that the house itself was empty, she drew her knife and silently made her way it.

The place was long abandoned, dust covered the walls, wooden bookshelves, and counter tops of an old kitchen. Setting her things down in the living room, Aster continued clearing the house with her switchblade in hand. Once satisfied that everything was cleared out, the young woman sat down on the couch in the living room with a tired sigh. She missed the city. The safety of the walls. The familiarity of her neighbors and friends. The warmth of fire and the smell of a freshly cooked meal. She had taken those luxuries for granted, but if she had learned one thing during this trip it was to appreciate what Providence gave her. She’d never leave the cities walls once she made it back.

Lost in the peaceful thoughts of a distant city, Aster kicked her boots off and laid down on the sofa.She started to doze off once she heard the approaching footsteps. At first she didn’t pay them any mind, and was more content on falling asleep. It didn’t click that they were a strangers footsteps until she heard the sound of a door opening. Her eyes shot open and she rolled off the couch. Her foot knocked over her backpack which made a dull thump on the floor. “Shit, shit, shit.” Aster quietly whispered to herself as she fumbled with her holster, but managed to get a hold on her pistol. Her hand tightened on the grip, her lips were dry and her heart was pounding as she pointed the gun towards doorway, waiting for the whatever made the noise to come into the room.
@StareNation

Kane

Kane stood there amongst his group of companions and the new comers. He listened to their request to disarm him and how Mona stood up for him and masked guy. In the end it seemed to be a pointless argument besides Kane could easily kill this "old" man any time with or without blades. Kane walked up to the old man and pulled several blades from up his sleeves and dropped them at his feet. He reached behind his back and pulled out several more, then at his sides, then along his legs and finally one on each ankle. "There, now you dont have to worry about a knife in your neck." He said calmly as he walked back to Mona and the others.

It made sense for them to not trust a man who identified himself as an Assassin. He couldnt help but think if things would have been different if he stayed quiet about who he was. He believed everything the old couple back in Grimms Folly told him since they were the only ones to show him compassion. He recalled the old woman telling him "honesty is the best policy. If you tell people the truth they will grow to trust you." He smiled slightly as he revalled that precious memory.

Logan Russo
Stoneview
@Kurogane86

Mona quickly stood up for Gasmask, claiming how good of a guy he is for throwing his life on the line for the Folly assassin. Logan eyed the mask wearing kid, trying to get a read of him beyond his apparel. "That's either the stupidest thing I've heard someone do for a stranger or the ballsiest way to impress a girl." Glancing back at Mona he nodded. "Fine, but if he does anything stupid it's on your head."
Lauren quickly protested. "We can't trust them regardless of whether or not they're your friends, Logan. This is our turf, our hideaway. We're locking up their weapons." She walked past Logan, extending her hands out to them. "Hand them over if you want a place to sleep tonight."
Stepping up beside Lauren, Logan shook his head. "I'm not taking their weapons because their my friends Lauren, I'm letting them keep them because this isn't our turf." He motioned to the city around them. "With Nissa gone, that'd leave only me and you ready to defend encase something stumbles upon us in the night. Besides, I've known these two longer than I've known you." He nodded towards Lyra and Mona. "If any of them try something stupid, I'll take care of it."

He patted Lauren on the shoulder as Kane stepped up and dropped his various blades on the ground. "There, now you don't have to worry about a knife in your neck." Logan scooped them off the ground and rolled his eyes. "Assassins love their little knives. Didn't do you any good against a troll, huh Kane?" Satisfied with how everything turned out, Logan started making his way down the street back towards the market. "Lets get going."

~~~

While Emrin, Lauren and Logan were gone, it looked like Rain hadn't wasted any time. He set up a fire and cooked some meat, the pleasant smell filled the market. "We're back Doc, brought some friends too." He walked towards the counter where his bag laid. He tossed the knives into a pile beside his things, then started to peel off his armor, setting it in it's own pile besides the knives. Digging around in his bag, he found his flask of liquor and found a seat beside the fire, taking a sip as he settled in.

Logan Russo
Stoneview
@Kurogane86

Mona quickly stood up for Gasmask, claiming how good of a guy he is for throwing his life on the line for the Folly assassin. Logan eyed the mask wearing kid, trying to get a read of him beyond his apparel. "That's either the stupidest thing I've heard someone do for a stranger or the ballsiest way to impress a girl." Glancing back at Mona he nodded. "Fine, but if he does anything stupid it's on your head."
Lauren quickly protested. "We can't trust them regardless of whether or not they're your friends, Logan. This is our turf, our hideaway. We're locking up their weapons." She walked past Logan, extending her hands out to them. "Hand them over if you want a place to sleep tonight."
Stepping up beside Lauren, Logan shook his head. "I'm not taking their weapons because their my friends Lauren, I'm letting them keep them because this isn't our turf." He motioned to the city around them. "With Nissa gone, that'd leave only me and you ready to defend encase something stumbles upon us in the night. Besides, I've known these two longer than I've known you." He nodded towards Lyra and Mona. "If any of them try something stupid, I'll take care of it."

He patted Lauren on the shoulder as Kane stepped up and dropped his various blades on the ground. "There, now you don't have to worry about a knife in your neck." Logan scooped them off the ground and rolled his eyes. "Assassins love their little knives. Didn't do you any good against a troll, huh Kane?" Satisfied with how everything turned out, Logan started making his way down the street back towards the market. "Lets get going."

~~~

While Emrin, Lauren and Logan were gone, it looked like Rain hadn't wasted any time. He set up a fire and cooked some meat, the pleasant smell filled the market. "We're back Doc, brought some friends too." He walked towards the counter where his bag laid. He tossed the knives into a pile beside his things, then started to peel off his armor, setting it in it's own pile besides the knives. Digging around in his bag, he found his flask of liquor and found a seat beside the fire, taking a sip as he settled in.
Rain looks at Logan and says" I see, even though I'm somewhat wary of new people, given things I realize we're better in a larger group, I also know that when I'm tired like this I'm more of a dick so I have my part to be sorry for in the mess". He pauses for a minute and then says" I haven't made enough for a group but I can make some more after I'm done eating mine in about ten minutes, though I'm not sure how people like their meat so I'll wait till I can fully focus on what others want".

He takes a whiskey holder out of his bag and undoes the lid and takes a nice swig then puts it down to the side, and smiles feeling some more relaxed than before. ' Logan has a kid so it's understandable why he's emotional to a point, I have to be better than them both and try my best not to rise to the bullshit and such because it won't do me any good'. ' who the hell needs that many blades something stinks but i'm sure it will come to light soon enough'
Rain continues to eat his food and from time to time drinks some more whiskey and plays with shadow, After a little while shadow takes a nap at the side of the bag.

Last edited: