Strange Occurrence in Celestial Kingdom

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I could have killed Tarin, you know," Leo whispers, moving himself right into Lily's personal space. His arm comes up to grip the upper part of the long fence, causing no exit for Lily. Well, no easy exit anyway. And as long as she keeps staring into his eyes, he knows that he might have a chance, a slim chance, that just maybe she will be convinced that he truly never wanted her to get mixed up in Tarin's business. All his games were to annoy the knight and cause him to simply let go of Lily so that he could have her in his greedy hands. Tarin has some dirt to his name, Leo is certain of it, and when The Shadoweaver finds it out, its going to be a bloodbath in whats left of Tarin's pride.

"But I didn't after he departed from Celestial Kingdom all those weeks prior. Sure, I batted him around a few times, planting fragments of a story, my story, in his mind to which he came up with the conclusion all by himself of my son. His name should not even be Julio but like myself, he has to cover up his true identity as well. You see," Leo licks his lips, making sure that Lily stays in just the place he wants her to be - between the wall and him, "After Ruth died, my son being a year old, I swore that I wouldn't let him down. I would be his father no matter the cost. But more importantly, this Kingdom had taken its last straw of my heart therefore turning it black and cold. People think they understand me but only I understand me. Why I do what I do. What do you think now, Lily? Has your hypothesis altered in any way?"

It surprised Lily a bit when he cornered her against the fence. "I understand why you're doing all this, but Tarin's conclusion is that I'm also apart of everything. He thinks I've given myself to the Shadoweaver, I could see it in his eyes. Why these things are happening in the castle." Looking back at him, she then closes her eyes, trying to think of a way that this could work out. Yet nothing was coming to mind. "I can't lie and say I don't want you hurt especially not Julio, but I can't do anything because I am understand suspicion thanks to Tarin's conclusion. "

Grabbing onto the collar of Leo's shirt, she stares back into his amber hues before doing something that she was hesitate about doing in the first place. Her arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him into a hug. "I can't take back anything that my father has done and I can't apologize for him either, but I'm sorry for all that you'd been put through to the point that you had to do all this."

"That was never the plan, Lily. To hurt you would be to burn holes in my skin," Leo admits and before he can pull himself away from her, she grabs his collar and pulls him closer to her. His orbs of amber light, much like the color of the precious stones worn around Ladies' necks or placed within a Lord's buckle. It's the color of the sun too, shining brightly and illuminating his darkened face even in the blackest of nights. They're a beacon for Lily, to Lily. They'll guide her through the storm or wherever she wishes to go. He is certain that she will one day find comfort in staring into them. He plans on sticking around for a while. Until his dying breath in matter of facts.

Then she hugs him, her arms wrapping around his frame, her face burring itself into his neck. Leo, in one short moment, feels his body tense and then relax. It's not a cruel trick someone is playing on him nor a fantasy of his wildest dreams. They're in a graveyard for heavens sake. So it ought to be real. But no matter how angry he wants to be at her and what she has done - he finally understands that maybe, just maybe, she won't do what her father has done. Perhaps him showing her this, all of this, has chained her precious mind down to the good of mankind instead of the wickedness of it all.

"My son will be safe as long as I am still breathing. And if my breath, my last breath, is in protecting my boy... I shall die a happy man. If you ever get word that I have passed. Please, take Julio out of whatever dump he will be placed in. Take care of him as your own son, Lily. It would mean the world to me for you... you must prove throughout your reign you are not your father. Until that moment, though, prove it to me in another way."

"In what way can I prove it to you?" She asked as she pulled back, looking up at him. She'd take care of Julio even if he didn't ask her too. Moving back against the fence again, Lily smiled gently at him before her fingers ran through his hair a bit. "We should probably get back to Julio. I don't want anything to happen to him while we're away." Walking back towards the spice shop, she thought about what she would do about becoming the Queen of the Kingdom. It was required that the next heir or heiress had to be married before taking over. "What do you plan to do now that everyone is looking for you?"

"You'll understand one day, Lily, you'll understand and your eyes will be opened." Leo concludes his thought, walking back briskly to the spice shop once the mention of Julio comes to air. As his father, Leo does worry quite a lot about his son. It's true that the two are not related and Leo is technically not this boys son but he has, after all, not lied about Ruth birthing the dear boy and Leo taking care of him. That was all true. It was Ruth's husband who had made Julio, his name picked from a hat once Leo had lost the love of his life. For a while, Leo even considered killing the child, unable to cope with what the world was asking of him. Raising a baby all on his own.

Stopping in an alleyway between the street where the spice shop is and the long diagonal street that intersects at a broken fountain down the road, Leo pulls Lily aside and pins her to the uneven stucco of the timber lined home. "Why does it matter? I'll deal with death as I have been doing so in the past. Every day I risk my life for the deeds I have done. People come to Leo, paying The Shadoweaver in heaps of gold or bronze pennies depending on how serious they are about work. Do you know what I do with that money, Lily? I spend what I need to survive and give an allowance to Julio before storing the rest away from here. I have funds and I have means of keeping myself alive,"

his head tilts to the side, his face drawing a tiny bit closer to hers once he is done speaking. Whispering against her lips, he asks, "Have you fallen for a killer, Lily?" With that said, a hand running across her cheek, he winds his fingers around her neck, pulling her face to his but right before their lips touch, he pauses. Seeking from her reaction, Leo knows all he needs to know. Smiling, he cranes his neck ever so gently to break open her own lips, allowing him to kiss her the way she wants to be kissed.

Only an alleyway away, Lily feels her body being pushed up against a wall, only to have Leo's face right in front of hers explaining why and how he used the money that he receives from working. When he finishes, he asks her question. "Have you fallen for a royal, Leo?" Wherever he touched her, it would heat up instantly. When their lips touched, her hands rested against his cheeks, caressing them gently. It was hard to believe that the two of them were actually kissing after not seeing each other for so long.

Pulling him in closer, she couldn't resist the feeling that she got whenever they were near one another. After a few more seconds of kissing, she pulled away just enough for their lips to part and ran her thumb over his lips, before smiling. "We need to get back to Julio.." She said as their eyes looked back into each other.

His free hand rests up against the wall, collapsing to rest his weight upon his forearm when she pulls him closer. Leo, after all, is just a man and having her kiss him back really adds fuel to his fire. The man's heart feels as if it has been jolted with lightening as it beats faster and fast in his chest, his breath becoming uneven the longer their embrace lasts. Her taste is sweet much like a ripe apple that has been plucked from a tree. A forbidden tree. The thought makes Leo smile wide as his chest heaves up and down, warm breath spilling over her and hers in return fanning over him. Blue and amber meet, collide, caress one another. When he looks away, it feels as though a part of him has fluttered away and its lost forever.

"Do we now?" Leo asks when she runs over the smoothness of the scar that lies as a bridge between his lips. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he makes no space possible between them. All she is feel is his toned chest and caring arms for he makes his presence known but doesn't kill the girl with too hard of an embrace. When her hand removes itself from his lips, Leo bends down to plant another kiss upon her. It's short yet still as hungry as she will remember him. In no way is it sloppy, tongue sliding anywhere it wishes nor pushing it into her unwilling mouth. He simply sandwiches his lips in hers then pulls away. Letting her go, Leo starts his way towards the shop once more, moving right into the back room to check upon his son.

Lily was taken back when Leo brought them even closer together for a short, yet still full of passion kiss. It was something she couldn't resist, but she was disappointed when he pulled away and they went back towards the shop into the back room to see what they were going to do. As they were walking, she whispered "That was evil.." For Leo to pull away at that moment was somewhat torture. Stepping back into shop, Lily wondered about what Leo and Julio would do, yet she also wondered about what would happen if she returned to the castle now. Being around Tarin or her father now would probably not be best. Tarin had already accused her of betraying her father and the Kingdom. "Will you two be okay for now?" She asked looking at Leo and then to Julio.

"What else were you expecting from The Shadoweaver?" Leo breathes, his voice as chilly as the morning air around them. Looking down to Lily, his mouth stays flattened, a brow raising so slightly its hardly noticeable. "But you were the one who mentioned our need to get back to my son. So thus, I am oddly listening to you. Most, most, strange," he breathes, "for I never listen to anyone but myself and my spice master. It's a part of the job you see." Opening the door to the back room, Leo is immediately jumped upon by Julio, an embrace that is truly meaningful for both father and son.

"Where did you go for so long?" the boy asks as he grips onto Leo's shoulders with his tiny hands, "I thought you left and you weren't going to come back to me."

Leo, shaking his head, brings his son into another hug, his arms still warm from Lily's own body. Still, the man closes his eyes, shutting the amber out from the world, and simply sways. This is where he feels at home. Right here in Julio's arms - his son. Leo shakes his head again and again, his short hair unmoving for they're barely a fingernails length. "I won't leave you again. You've had enough time in that drafty castle, hm? We can go wherever you like."

"But your job, papa?" Julio whispers, his head lowering in guilt for having to draw his father away from his income.

"It will be here when I return, Julio. We can always find a way to collect our dough. I promise you that, we won't be living on the streets anymore. Celestial Kingdom, I think, has gotten enough of a dose from me. It's time for my predecessors to have their fun. Hm?" glancing Lily's way, Leo nods, "You should get back to the castle before someone notices that you're gone. We can handle it from here. I'm sure Tarin will calm down once he sees reason in his words. But, after all, he is right - except for my name that is."

Watching the scene between father and son, Lily couldn't help the smile that appeared on her lips. It was obvious that Leo cared so much for his son, that he was willing to do anything to protect him. Knowing it was time for her to go back, she leans up to Leo to give him a short kiss upon his cheek. "You two take care." Patting Julio gently on the head before leaving out of the spice shop and jumping back onto her horse, going back to the castle. It was a little hard to sneak in, but she made it to where no one was able to see her going from the stables back up to her bedroom. It had been an eventful night, so Lily took this chance to change out of her ripped gown into another that wasn't ruined.

Tomorrow, she would probably see Tarin and things between them may be rocky, but she hoped that whatever idea that he had in his mind he'd soon forget. Laying down on her bed, she worried about the safety of Leo and Julio. Knowing that she didn't really have to worry because Leo knew how to take care of himself, yet it was impossible not too.

The next morning, her head maid came into the room as Lily slept, placing a tray on her table for when she woke up. It was already heard throughout the castle that the princess and the Shadoweaver may have a relationship of some kind, but she didn't believe it since Lily had almost no time to actually talk to someone like that. Stirring in her sleep, Lily rolled onto her other side to see the maid setting down the tray. Greeting her with a smile, she sat up in her bed before slipping from under the covers to get some breakfast. "M'lady.. It's probably best you stay within your room most of the day and if you'd like to go to the garden, I can accompany you." Her maid said with concern in her voice. "Thank you, but I didn't plan to go out much today anyway. Yesterday night was quite a shock."

Tarin doesn't bother Lily, his heart already breaking upon the very thought that she has seen The Shadoweaver, for one, then befriended the man. That very man who has killed so many innocent lives just for what? Fun and games? Yes. This Shadoweaver is just one who craves to see the light fade from the pupils of anyones eyes. But why did he not kill Lily? It would have been the perfect chance to assert himself and his power. Such a thought troubles Tarin greatly. He now sits in the garden, remembering well that its Lily's favorite spot. Perhaps he is waiting for her to show up or he is simply wanting the quiet peacefulness it carries.

His King even comes to sit next to him and the two talk in low whispers. Tarin agrees to return home for it sickens his stomach to be here now. Lily, after all, is in no present danger if she has locked tongues with The Shadoweaver. Her father will take care of himself. Tarin's men will also return home. Such thoughts please his King for he knows with Tarin home, nothing and no one can break through their walls. Raids. The King tells Tarin a mouthful and the Knight feels guilty for ever leaving but more heartbroken. The King clasps him on the shoulder, telling him that one of his daughters is nearing the age to marry. The thought makes Tarin smile - becoming a part of his King's family for its where his true loyalties lie.

It isn't long before Tarin and his King leave back to their Kingdom, where they truly belong. Although Lily is sad to see Tarin leave, she wishes him a good future, before saying her goodbyes to him and the King. Lily doesn't leave from the castle for a month, learning as much as she could while trying to convice her father that she'd be fine without marrying someone to become the Queen of their great Kingdom. After constantly bothering her father about the situation, he finally agrees yet there is a catch. She'd have to spend a month outside of their own Kingdom. The Kingdom she'd be staying in is that of her Uncle Richard's, not blood related, named the Kingdom of Cilach. She would live as a commoner under a new name that no one would know her by. Every week she'd be sent enough money to live off of, buy clothing and use in case she went out to have a some fun. Agreeing to this, it was obvious to her that her father chose such terms to keep her away from Shadoweaver. In the Kingdom of Cilach, there was not a lot of poor people in the town, but she knew on outside of the town that had quite a few.

Packing up for her trip, she took with her some clothes that didn't make her stand out if she was out and about. Lily wanted to write Leo about what was going to happen, but had no time to do so or even write because the day after their agreement, she was sent off to her new life. I wonder if Leo and Julio are alright.. I'll have to write Leo once I'm settled in. She thought to herself, before falling asleep since the ride to the Kingdom took about two days to get there.

That night, in the greater good of protecting his son, Leo and Julio ride out from the Kingdom. His master was given instructions that Julio is very ill, a plan devised while he was passed out in the chair from too much rum, and needed to be taken to the Pathacos Kingdom in the middle of the Ekero forest for they're known to be druids there. And druids, Leo explained to the spice master, know sickness more than anyone else could ever dream of. They don't just cure an illness, they ward off others from being contracted by open wounds or what is left from a healing disease. Even though his master didn't want him to go, for then the old man would have to do work, the spice master eventually agreed.

Any letter sent to Leo would be there when he returns but until that day, if that day ever comes, it will simply wait on a shelf, waiting to be read. Hugging Julio close to his chest, Leo remembers the promise he made Ruth. That very promise was what made him a killer. He could have been so much more for he has brains yet he chooses, night after night, to cloak himself under the cover of darkness and destroy lives and thus take his revenge. A black ribbon for anyone affiliated with the King and his cruelty. Soon, he knows, he'll have that man in his gasp and his knife running over his neck. Leo smiles, knowing he will adore that moment forever. He takes Julio across the world, it seems, even running across the deserts of the south to return him home to his mothers tribe. Yes. Ruth was a nomad. She was Leo's nomad.

On the second night since Lily left her Kingdom, she arrived at her new home in the Cilach Kingdom. A small yet spacious for one person wooden home, just outside the town. Unloading her things into the house, she thanked the driver of the carriage before wishing him a safe trip home. This was all new for her, but Lily knew that she'd be able to do anything as long as she focused on her goal of becoming the Queen of Celestial once she was done with their agreement. Putting her things away in her bedroom, it was relaxing to be near a forest because of all the sounds that came from it. For some reason, sounds of the forest were soothing for Lily.

Taking this opportunity, she took a seat at the small dinner table with paper and ink laid out for her. On this piece of paper, she began to write to Leo about her and her fathers' agreement.

Dear Leo,
It has been a while since we last spoke, I hope Julio is doing alright now. It would be best not to visit me anymore at the castle, if you haven't already, because I will not be there for the next month. I made a deal with my father that, instead of me having to marry before I can take the throne, I will stay in another Kingdom as a commoner and live my life for a bit. Although I wish we could meet during that time, I doubt that you'll have the time to do so. I will be under a different name, while I stay here, but I'm going to take this chance to live my life to it's fullest before I have to take responsibility for my Kingdom. Take care and please wait for me until then.
Sincerely,
Lily

Throughout that month, Lily's life would not be kind to her, Leo is sure. She no longer had an air of confidence and regal status. She, all in all, was just another woman to be stared at by greedy looking eyes. Some are even hungry to take her purity from her but as long as she doesn't walk around at night, she should live to tell the tale. No sane person would believe her for Lily has been asked to keep all family relics, such as a ring or necklace, at home so that they are safe and well protected.

Now he sits and reads the letter on the safety of the rooftops of Celestial Kingdom. His men, he knows, has been doing a fine job keeping up threats and more Knights have been killed. It's an odd sensation, not shedding blood in such a long time. So as Leo stands, he rips the letter up and opens his palm to the growing gust of wind. The uneven papers flutter from his fingers like birds that are trying to fly. His own heart soars with them and one after the next, they all fall away, tumbling off the rooftop. It's been a year at this point since Leo has been away from Celestial Kingdom but his return will not come until another year has passed. Skipping from roof to roof, remembering each and every step, Leo makes his way onto one of the battlements. There he faces a guard and quickly jumps upon his back, sending them both hurling to the ground with thick crimson blood spewing from his neck. Leo stabs and stabs and stabs him, not realizing such a mess he is making. With his chest heaving, he strings a black ribbon to the mans wrist and stands. It feels good to be home.

Looking back at the castle, he finds Lily's window illuminated with candlelight and for a moment he is drawn to that warmth. No. His mind tells him, his fingers tingling to feel the soft and warmth of her dress and body. He can feel it as he closes his eyes, still standing over the corpse. When his eyes open, sense smacks him in the face. Another year. He breathes, knowing that Lily must prove herself before he returns to Celestial Kingdom for good.

Lily spent a month in the town of Cilach under the name Rachel, although she didn't like the name very much, she lived with it for the time being. During the day, Lily worked at a local bakery where she got to know many of the townspeople and they got to know her as well. Many times men sought after her for marriage, yet she declined them as kindly as she could. Some didn't take her rejection so well, so they attacked her when she wasn't aware, but she fought them off each and every time even if it did take some time. After the first letter she wrote to Leo, there were no more. She learned what it was like for people both in town and outside of town, trying to come up with ways to help her own Kingdom once she returned home.

The month went by quickly and now it was time for Lily to go home to her own Kingdom, that she hoped to save once she took the throne. The day before she went around the town, saying her goodbyes to everyone who was kind and generous to her during her stay. The couple at the bakery sent her home with several baked goods, asking her to visit them when she had to time to. It was more than an experience that month, it was actually a different life for her that she'd enjoy doing again if she ever got the chance.

Two days had passed and now Lily was back home. Getting out of the carriage, her father and brother were waiting outside the doors of the castle with smiles on their faces. Going over to them, they all greeted each other with a hug. Her father and brother didn't want to say what was happening with the Shadoweaver or how many more deaths occurred while she was away, especially since tomorrow night would be the day that she'd take over the throne. There was to be a grand masquerade celebration for her and they didn't want to ruin that. After talking for a while as they walked through the castle, Lily made her way up to her bedroom to relax before going to sleep to get up early for her crowning.

Leo walks to the edge of the stone wall and looks down upon the ground below him. The wooden scaffolding, placed there for repairs upon the old walls, will serve as enough of a ground for him to get safely to the ground but, does he really want to go? Looking over his shoulder back at the castle, his eyes latch onto that single flicker of life in that one tower. Her tower. Sure, he has heard that tomorrow she will be crowned but she must prove herself in order for him to show his face once again to her. His lips tingle at the prospect of seeing her again, knowing she is always warm. Always. In comparison to his colder figure when he isn't out on a mission.

"Perhaps a letter won't hurt," Leo breathes, turning back to shove the knight's body over and place his back against a few barrels lain there from construction. Once he finds a quill and some parchment, he scribbles down a quick note to Lily. But this time, he leaves it stuck in between the armor of the knight, patting the plated head before he once again steps onto the battlement but he can't force himself to jump. Another half a year! he shouts at himself internally but before he knows it, the bloodied letter is in his hand and he is running across the buildings to the castle.

Clambering his way up onto the castle, he maneuvers his way around the guards, as he normally does. Closing his eyes, he jumps to grab onto the balcony and hoisting himself up onto the stone. There he looks into the shimmering amber panes of glass and steps forward. Slipping the letter between the crack of the balcony doors, he turns to leave, knowing that's all he can risk. For now it's all the news he can break to her.

Lily exits out of her bathroom and into her room, where her bed is nicely made for her to sleep in. It had been a while since she last slept in her own bed, but she had grown accustom to the bed she used back at the wooden home she had in Cilach. Going over to the side of the bed, where the candle sat on her small table, from the corner of her eye she sees a shadow behind the balcony doors. Moving closer to them, she pulls back the curtains to find that no one is there, but a piece of parchment is left there for her. Grabbing it, she opens it and reads the words written to her with blood stains around it. Lily knew that it was Leo saying how long it would be before they met again, but in what way will it be she thought. Hiding the parchment, where no one could find it, she then blew out the candle and fell fast asleep in her bed.

The next morning was a chaotic because of the preparations for that night. It was finally the day that Lily would be crowned Queen of the Celestial Kingdom. A title she's been waiting to have for several years now, something that would allow her to make things right in the Kingdom. Getting up out of bed, her head maid brought up the dress that she'd be wearing that night and to her surprise, it was the very dress that she'd wanted to wear ever since she found out she would become Queen. The dress belonged to her mother, one that she had thought was probably too old or wouldn't fit her by the time she would be crowned. But luckily, the head maid had prepared for it to be altered to her for this day. Smiling, she embraced the older woman while thanking her for making sure that it was ready.

After trying it on, to make sure it fits, she went down to the dining hall to have breakfast with her father and brother. Taking a seat at the table, her father expressed how happy he was to see that his daughter was now becoming the Queen. "I've been dreaming of this day since your grandfather passed. Nothing can mess this day up, no matter what and I'll make sure that nothing does." He said as he took her hand in his, caressing her hand as if he was losing his only daughter now to someone.

The letter, creased perfectly and stained in crimson blood reads:

Lily,

In the events that have taken place over this past half a year, I find myself unable to return here for I have matters that constitute my attention elsewhere. The word from the slums of your glorious city are that you are going to be crowned at sunset upon the day that your mother had met your father. Information such as that, such a noble cause for such an event, surely deserves some applause. You, like your counterparts, will enjoy tomorrow with no visitations nor scares from my men nor myself. I'm simply here to collect what is mine and leave. When we meet again, you will be Queen of this here Kingdom and I, well, I will most likely be another man in another village who goes about his normal days without a worry or a care. Except, we both know, that such events could only have lasted so long in your Kingdom. My reign will not cease once you are crowned so don't think a simple expense upon your head will change the facts. I must see, in full, evidence of change then there is a possibility that I, myself, will return with my son to your Kingdom. If I have perished, Julio will have enough finance to make his way to your doors. Welcome him with open arms as I know you will.

Until then,

L

----------------------
And so he keeps to his word. Without looking back, he is gone, taking care of a few more guards than normal on his way out. Perhaps the Shadoweaver is angry for his choices. Should he really be leaving the Kingdom and Lily behind? Yes. But... No. His heart aches, beating for that dear girl in her tower. But his mind, oh his trusted mind, the only man he trusts, has other plans. It needs to show Lily a lesson in what will become of her reign if she doesn't keep her promises. This small pause in their relations is a mere speed bump that has yet to be paved. She is the institution that can pave it and make it what it promises to be. But the more he thinks upon Lily wearing the crown, the stronger he urges himself to be there. He shuts his amber eyes, shaking his head to try and get a hold of himself. But to no avail, he feels his legs stop on the clay tiled rooftop, a supporting beam giving him just the support he needs. Shutting his eyes, he sits down and faces the castle. When the sun rises, he is asleep on that same rooftop, his back resting upon the apex of the roof, body facing upwards to the heavens. It seems he has made his decision after all.

Last edited:
As Lily went about her day, getting ready for her new title as Queen, the words from the letter kept coming to her thoughts. Once Leo had made up his mind, he would stick to his words. Half a year is a long time to see what she will do, but Lily was more than determined to take on such a challenge. Leo may not stop killing, yet he may if he sees the good that she will bring to the Kingdom. Lily was in her bedroom with her maid, getting ready for the party now, since the guests were starting to arrive with their masks in place. She didn't know what it was about masquerade that her father loved so much, but at least twice a year there was on. Night was slowly closing in, guests were getting into positions to watch the ceremony and her father getting his speech ready.

After getting the dress on and getting made up, Lily walked down to the hall with Rondell leading her. Entering the hall the ceremony began and after she was crowned Queen, the guests partied throughout the night in celebration. The next morning would be Lily first day as a Queen and during the time her father was away, she came up with several ways to change the Kingdom. Exhausted from dancing and drinking, Lily went up to her bedroom and out to the balcony, staring at the stars wondering if everything would turn out great while the two them were apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.