Stone Eagle Rebellion

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Marcos began to trod carefully, not wanting to hurt anything but not wanting to be very close. "Thought so," he muttered under his breath.

As she finally sees the light from outside, she breaks into a sprint.

Marcos chases after her as he too notices the light.

Once they made it out, she looked around for any sign of trouble. Her ears flickered as she tried to listen in on conversations and she walked around the camp in a patrolling manner.

Marcos did absolutely nothing. His eyes were trying to adjust to the light.

Daijira watched as they left. It was just him and King, "So King, what brings you to the mine, looking to do some work?" He wasn't going to concern himself with the other two, they had decided to leave and that was fine with him.

She continued to patrol the camp. She spotted Nyx in his tree and put her hands on her hips and quirked an eyebrow. She wondered what he was doing so she snuck over to the tree and listened in when she heard talking.

"The only redeeming factor is that more were rescued than there were lost." He sighs and presses his fingers against the bridge of his nose. "That spy that we helped thinks I don't respect the dead enough or something like that." He puts his head in his hands "Well you cant please them all." says the red haired boy.

Marcos was ready to fall asleep so he went to a small hut that wasn't his but was someone close to him's, and fell asleep on the top bunk, finally exposing his natural form.

The natural form was not very different from the humans. They had no ears or nose and green hair but he was still Marcos, sleeping there on the bed.

She questioned as to whom he was talking to. She began scaling the tree slowly to be quiet. She wanted to see, she was too curious.

The guardsman moved quickly through the rebel campsite, trying to strike a balance between a casual walk and something hurried. It drew attention. Probably more than if he'd simply run through the camp. In his hands was clutched a single piece of parchment, plain and unadorned. His destination also drew comment, stalking with willful intent towards the large oak tree at the center of the small valley nestled into the mountain.

Wrapping at the base of the large tree with his scabbard until Nyx emerged the man looked decidedly worried, his brow furrowed. Finally, when Nyx emerged he began to babble.

"I"m sorry sir," the guard began, "I'm so sorry. She had a message sir. In seeming it was written by yourself. It requested a fast horse, supplies and everything you would need to return to the capitol sir for the one bearing your message."

Thrusting forth the message, the guard lowered his head, quite embarrassed in order for Nyx to take it.

"I swear sir, the entire contents of the message changed. I don't know how. It must be some sort of magic sir. She hasn't been gone long sir. I think we can still catch her."

It read:

"Dear Nyx,

Please don't be too harsh on the guardsmen. They were so concerned with watching for danger without they neglected looking for danger within. Thank you for the fine horse and supplies. The guards were most helpful, even offering to escourt me all the way back and protect me from danger; a pretty face often garners such affection my lord.

"Just remember that this is all your doing. If you choose to imprison someone then do so. Assuming that denying me horse and supplies would keep me prisoner was a mistake. I suppose I could be half way towards the city by the time you rally pursuit.

"Sincerely,

"Lady Kressair."

Marcos woke up to see guardsmen. "What's happening?" he asked sleepily. "Where is everybody?" He couldn't see anyone after blinking, "This is strange," he yawned as the world around him blurred and he stood up before slipping over himself.

She was hiding where there was lots of leaves, she didn't want to be caught listening in on what might be a secret of some sort. She held her breath, waiting for the guard to leave.

Nyx pinches the bridge of his nose and mutters something under his breath. He then looks at the guard. "Assemble a team. Find her and end her. We cant have her throwing around this location to everyone that will listen. I will be searching from my tower." He looks at the guard for a moment, then shouts "MOVE YOUR ASS, SOLDIER." and storms up his wooden tower to the top where a man-made structure is nestled between branches. Within is all of his magic tools and research.

She relaxed once Nyx and the soldier left. Ash jumped down. "I knew she wasn't to be trusted... That fool!" She said as she ran to the stables. She hopped onto a saddled horse, her bow wrapped around her like a single string backpack. "I'll kill her myself." She decided as she commanded the horse to run. Without any supplies other than oodles of arrows and a single bow, Ash followed the trail. She could remember the scent of her and was following her by nose.

The pursuers didn't have to go far. In the very first clearing outside the tunnel leading out of the mountain the golden haired elf lay lounging in the sun on top of her saddle blankets, sipping from a canteen while watching the path. The horse that had been given to her was tethered to a nearby tried and was grazing contentedly on the local grass.

It was immediately clear that she wasn't heading towards the city or even attempting to escape.

She peered up, out from under her long lashes and then gazed at the sun's position in the sky. She had to admit that their response time was faster than she'd estimated but not as good as it could be. Then again, she would never have allowed it to go even that far.

It was the Cat-breed in charge. Assallya approved. While a canine breed would make for a better tracker with superior noses, the cats were superb hunters with keener vision. Considering Assallya was supposedly following the road it was a better choice.

Waving at those sent to capture her the golden haired courtesan delivered them a delighted smile.

"Excellent work!" she proclaimed, "About a turn of the glass and a candlemark. You'd have likely caught me before I reached the city I think.

Keeping her hands out towards her sides as she began to rise, she then spun so that they could see she wasn't concealing a weapon on that nearly naked body of hers nor attempting to cast a spell.

"Would someone help me get the saddle back on the horse? I do find I must struggle so."

She got off the horse, marched over to the elf. Ash was up in her face, glaring. "I don't care that you wanted to test us... But you just wasted energy that could have been used for more productive things..." She said, her voice without breaks. She was obviously furious.

Assallya's voice than came from the edge of the clearing and a second image of herself emerged, gliding over the grass and smiling at the bewildered guards who didn't know what to make of a second elf. The cat, Ash, was good. She barely batted an eye at the revelation. Maybe Ash had smelled through the illusion? Probably. That cat was damn good.

"I'm pleased you didn't just loose an arrow at me," she said and waved at the other Assallya who waved back, "Thank you for that.

"I also apologize for wasting your time. I did, however, need to prove that I had the ability to escape and chose not to. Also, I don't think practicing for emergencies to be a waste of energy. In truth, I think you should be attempting to escape a couple of times a week. I'm fairly easy to catch if I don't have a large head start. You'd be something of a real challenge for the guards."

Her tail flicked in annoyance. She sighed and got onto her horse. "You do that again, and I won't hesitate to shoot an arrow at you next time."

Assallya admired how easily Ash mounted. Assallya was graceful but she was horrible with animals. She strongly suspected that if she were to try such a thing she'd end up flat on her buttocks.

"You like me," the elf concluded, both images speaking in unison, "You admire gall and guile. I can tell."

Mounting up took a few minutes and Assallya needed help getting the saddle back in place. Obviously Assallya wasn't experienced at bridling and saddling. Nobles like herself had others to do such things for her.