Stockholm Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lynn_Gunn_Pvris_Imagista__0123.jpg

Vikki smiled at Luna's first question. "Interesting choice of question." She commented as she took a cigarette out of her pocket, lighting it and taking a quick puff. "Me and your father go back quite a bit, actually. We've had a nice business agreement for quite a while now, and knowing he had a daughter came as part of that deal." She explained simply, keeping her words fairly cryptic, but at the same time still telling Luna what the truth was.

She took another puff of her cigarette, blowing the smoke away to the side. "Want one?" She asked, holding the open end of the packet towards Luna, just incase she wanted one to calm her nerves. If there was one thing that Vikki was, it was hospitable. It hadn't even been her choice to lock Luna up in their most intense cell, but that was where her thug had dumped the girl whilst she cleaned up.

royalblue
4703315.png

Luna's Mood: ||Curious||Chill||
Luna's Outfit: HERE

Luna chewed on her bottom lip as the two of them talked, really thinking about the things she was being told. The answers were a bit vague, but there were still better than getting no answer at all. "Alright, well that makes sense, I guess." Luna nodded and took a cigarette from the pack she was handed. She knew it was a bad habit, but smoking was a thing that she'd just used to chill out and make herself feel better.

So she and her father had done business together. That was the way that she saw it at least. Although she did get an answer to her question, it was pretty damn vague. "I'm sure there's more to the story than that. What exactly was the business agreement? And is that the reason why I'm here right now? I'm sure that's how you and your people work right?" She lit the cigarette and took a drag, letting the smoke drift out of her mouth and inhaling it through her nose.

Vikki smirked, taking another drag of her own cigarette. "May I just say, you seem much more intelectual in your question picking than others I've had here before." She complimented Luna. "There is indeed more to the story. Your father's agreement with us was that, for a fee, we would leave his shipments alone, and take out any rivals if the situation arose. I doubt a smart girl like yourself would have thought her dad got all his success with his own skill." Vikki smirked, taking a third puff of the smoke. Then, her face turned into an ever so slight frown. "Unfortunately for you, daddy decided he didn't need our help anymore, and we just needed to prove that he was mistaken."

Vikki dropped the stub of her cigarette to the floor, quickly taking out another and lighting it up. It was one of the various things she had found herself... attracted towards, as it helped her focus and relax, when all else was chaotic. When she felt the desire for something more... potent, she found that the sweet simplicity of a perfectly legal cigarette helped ward off such cravings. After all, she couldn't let herself seem weak, ever.

royalblue
4733777.png

Luna smirked and ashed her cigarette before taking another drag. "Thank you, I'll take that as a compliment." She sat back in the chair again, taking another moment to think on the information she'd just been told. Of course, she didn't think her father had been as successful as he was on his own. He wasn't a fucking rocket scientist. That would've been a more respectable job. She didn't think that he'd get his own daughter involved in this sort of business, so hearing about it hurt her heart a little. Not much. But just enough. "So he stopped paying you, and I'm like ransom or whatever." She furrowed her eyebrows a little bit, making sense of the whole thing. "Well that's fucking shit! Yeah my dad's kind of an asshole like that."

If anyone knew what an asshole her father could be, it was Luna. He was the type of guy who bought his daughter's affection, came home with countless women who were only a few years older than her. Typical 'I don't care about anyone but myself' shit. Luna was used to it. Being his daughter, she'd seen her share of bullshit from him

Last edited:

"Yeah, that's the jist of the situation." Vikki agreed, taking a drag of her new cigarette. She had heard stories about just how bad Luna's father could be, and trusted Luna's say in the matter. After all, she was the most likely to have suffered his assholeishness. "Sounds like you two had a… strained relationship. But tell me, do you think your life is worth a few hundred thousand dollars, to him?" She asked, slipping back into her more serious tone.

When it came to business, everything else flew out the window. Her father had cut a very large amount of the gang's funds with his refusal to pay, he was by far the biggest donor. And, that was a problem. They weren't a gang of petty thugs, they were much more civilised and orderly. But, without the pay to support such a gang, there would soon be dissension and fighting. As the biggest player of the game within the city, that was very bad.

royalblue

Luna scoffed and took another drag of her cigarette. Was her life worth a few hundred dollars to him?! Had she really just asked her that question? Her father probably didn't give a flying fuck about her life tbh. If he did, he wouldn't let her drink and do drugs all the time. If he did, he'd settle down with her mother, get a better job and pay more attention to his daughter. But no, he didn't do any of that. "C'mon. Do you really think that my life is worth that much to him? If you're gonna play the 'give me money or we kill her' game, you might as well just kill me." Luna shrugged and threw her arms up in defeat, chuckling a little bit.

A part of her wasn't afraid to die. She knew that if she stayed on the path that she was on, she might not even make it to 27. She expected to die young. It was sad, but it was reality. "I don't mind if you kill me." Luna spoke in a very serious tone now, looking up at her. "I don't expect to live very long anyway." She chewed on her bottom lip and played with her hands.

tumblr_static_ekh4c9qltxwsk0soco4wwoggo.jpg

Vikki listened to her words intently. Such a party girl, but at the same time so willing to die. Luna reminded Vikki of herself. She was in the same boat, only a few years ago, now that she thought about it. So Luna's words hit home quite close.

"You remind me quite a bit of myself, you have a lot of potential." She commented, getting lost in thought for a second. She indeed had her doubts about this plan from the start, but now Luna had confirmed them. This plan would indeed be more problematic now, as it turned out their leverage wasn't much leverage at all. Well, it looked like they would need to use more direct tactics.

But now, they're was the question of what to do with Luna. They could kill her, keep her here as just a small, last bit of leverage, or simply let her go. But, after all the time spent capturing her, the worry of her friends, and possible reprocussions, it wasn't worth it to let her go. A small clip, along with a ransom message, had been sent to her father already, just to let him know that, even if he didn't care about his daughter, this was only the first step.

"Now… What shall I do with you…" Vikki said idly, still thinking things over. Why could nothing ever go simply anymore?

royalblue
4733777.png

Luna took a deep breath and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. It looked like she wouldn't be as big of an asset to their plan as she'd thought. She didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing honestly. At this point, they could of just killed her and dumped her body somewhere with no problem. They could even make it look like an accident if they wanted to. Not like anyone would really think she'd been murdered. A lot of the people around town knew that Luna was a party girl. They'd just take her death as 'having one too many drinks' or 'doing that line that she didn't need to'. Luna couldn't help it. The party girl scene was her life now. If she stopped, she wasn't really sure if what would happen to her would be good. She expected it not to be. But she wasn't going to try and find out.

She pondered the question what was supposed to be rhetorical, in her mind. What were they going to do with her? There was the kill her plan. She wasn't too sure how that was gonna go over. They could just keep trying to get money from her mother. Maybe he'd crack and give it up eventually. But probably not. He was stubborn like that. Or they could keep her there; make her do work around their house or whatever temporarily until they decided what they were really gonna do with her. "I could stay here. Just until you figure out what to do." She spoke up

72703e654cb1e5143f06b5002f7cea37.jpg

Vikki listened to her suggestion, thinking it over for a second. She could be useful around the place, and it meant that they could still keep a close eye on the girl. "That could work." She said simply, hopping up from her seat. "Yeah, we'll do that, let's get you all sorted up." She said, walking over to Luna.

She saw the bruise on Luna's arm, shaking her head ever so slightly. "So fragile, and yet so confident. I think we'll get along just fine." She said simply, waiting for Luna to get up before personally leading her to a new room. It was larger than the last, still not anything grand, but it had a better bed, still a single, and a bathroom. "Shower off, we'll get you something nicer to wear." Vikki said, turning and walking off, telling one of the guys to grab a new set of clothes for Luna as she went back to her business.

Reactions: Ghostie
(On mobile love. Sorry if it's short!)
40be5573c78afeb7fadae9f553ce0848.jpg
Luna stood up and followed her. She looked down at her bruised arm, running her fingertips over the purple hand print. Bruising easily was one of the most annoying things about her party girl lifestyle. Luna got very excited when she told her to shower. She'd been wanting to do that since last night. Of course she was hoping to do it in her own bathroom at home, but she definitely couldn't afford to be picky. Especially when everyone here could use a gun way better than she could ever imagine.

"Thank God."
She mumbled to herself, a comfortable and calm tone in her voice. "Wait, I don't believe I ever got your name. Well, your real name at least." She spoke. Here they were, knowing just about everything about her and she didn't even know her real name. "You don't exactly look like a Beth." She smiled.

large.jpg

"Call me Vikki."
Vikki said to her quickly as she walked off. Soon, she found herself out on the roof of the warehouse, where she usually went when she had to think. Things were much more complicated now, and she desperately needed a plan to get the money that they were rightfully owed. She drummed her fingers against the table she had set up there, deep in thought as she watched the city below.

The only option they had was to go back to what they used to do, sabotaging shipments, stealing goods and generally making life a hassle for all those involved. It wouldn't do well, since they had actually managed to begin clearing up their thuggish reputation. She simply sighed, going back to her thinking and planning.

royalblue
4703315.png

Luna went into the room she was supposed to be staying in for as long as she "lived" with Vikki and her crew. It was pretty nice. Way nicer than the room that she'd woke up in this morning. She shut the door behind her and went into the bathroom. Now this was what she needed. Luna ran a bath instead of taking a shower, thinking that a bath would be more comforting than a shower. After a few minutes, she stripped off her clothes and stepped into the tub, submerging herself in the water. She took a deep breath, smiling at the feeling. Luna sat in the tub for a while, collecting her thoughts and going through everything she'd been told. Her father had been paying Vikki and her... "friends" to help him out. He stopped paying for God knows what reason. He probably got too cocky knowing him. Luna herself was kidnapped and was now being held for ransom. They probably weren't going to get the money from kidnapping her because Luna's father could really care less about his daughter. Sad, but very true. They would have to try other methods to getting their money. What a crazy situation Luna had gotten herself in. Or... her father had gotten her in. After going through everything in her head, Luna cleaned herself up before getting out and wrapping herself in a towel. She dried off before putting her wet hair into a messy bun and wrapping herself in the towel again. She jumped into the bed, looking up at the ceiling.

superthumb.jpg

It had been at least a few hours now since Vikki had went up to the roof. During this time, someone had run some food to Luna, nothing more than a simplistic meal of mashed potato and a chicken leg, but it was more than nothing.

Still, Vikki sat up there, lost in thought as she went through many more cigarettes. She wasn't a typical gang leader, much more methodical, civilised and professional than a lot of the others in the city. That was why she was on top, and why she had to be incredibly careful about their next move.

It was only when the strong night wind almost blew her papers away, and the slow patter of rain began to surround her, that she realised just how long it had been. Night was soon approaching, and it seemed as if it would be a stormy one. So, she got up, heading back into the compound and grabbing herself a bite to eat from the gang's main meal area.

Once she had grabbed herself something, the same that Luna and all the others had eaten, she resided herself to the lounge area. It was a large place, filled with sofas, TVs and other various things. She gave the order for someone to let Luna know she had semi-free access to the compound, or at least to the lounge area.

Someone soon arrived at Luna's door, opening it. It was just a typical, uninteresting gang member. "Boss says you're free to check out the other areas." He said simply, leaving the door open for her. It seemed that Vikki was not worried about Luna trying to escape, or simply trusted one of the many armed people under her employ to make sure that didn't happen, although at this point she couldn't really care less.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ☣☣☣ ▬▬

The misunderstood Party Girl
Luna's Mood: ||Adventerous||Curious||
Luna's Outfit: HERE <-- Click it

[bg=#000000]
4743070.png

Luna had already gotten dressed in the clothes that she'd been given earlier, when one of Vikki's... "friends" came in and allowed her to roam around. She nodded and he'd left the room. In all honesty, she wasn't really sure if she wanted to look around. She was a bit scared of what she might find if she did. But, she did love a bit of adventure, and she didn't wanna be cooped up in a room all day, so exploring was the only thing to do in this situation. It wasn't like they were going to let her go anywhere outside of the place.

She hopped up from the bed and opened the door, peeking out. She looked left and right, down the hallways. As much as she wanted to explore, she didn't want to get lost. But if she did, she could just ask someone to show her back to her room. That was if she worked up the nerve. Stepping out and closing the door behind her, Luna took a deep breath and started down the right side of the hall. She didn't know where she was going, and quite frankly, she didn't care. She was just happy to be out of that room.

As she walked, Luna peeked into a few doors every now and again. She saw a few people who'd been taken captive like her, saw a few members chilling and watching tv and stuff, and even stumbled into a meeting between a few of what she though was Vikki's right hand people and got a few angry glares. She quickly slipped out of the room, coming across what looked to be a lounge area.

Luna noticed Vikki sitting on one of the couches, enjoying the same meal she'd eaten and watching tv. She smirked a little bit and snuck up behind her with a 'boo', in an attempt to scare her. Luna didn't even stop to ask herself if this was a good idea or not. Best case scenario, Vikki got scared and the two of them laughed about it. Worst case scenario, Luna got bitched out and probably a gun pulled on her.
[/bg]

Vikki was finishing up her meal as she heard the light patter of slow, sneaky footsteps on the floor behind her. After years of being one of the biggest targets for police, assassins and rival gangs, things like that didn't escape her. But, she guessed that the only person stupid enough to try and sneak up on her in her own compound would be the new girl, and thus she determined her to be no threat.

When Luna booed her, she decided to play along. In truth, despite being the ruthless gang leader she was, there was still a fairly young human inside of there who just wanted some fun, especially because of the childhood she had been somewhat deprived of.

So, when she was booed, she pretended to be scared, almost dropping her plate in mock fear. Then, she looked over her shoulder at Luna, chuckling slightly. "Can't say anyone's got a jump on me like that before." She laughed, putting her now finished plate on the table by the couch.

Then, she moved over on the couch, just incase Luna wanted to sit down. She could already tell that it would be interesting, if not nice, having someone more carefree around this place. Everyone here, including herself most of the time, were all serious and gloomy, even when relaxing.

Reactions: Ghostie

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ☣☣☣ ▬▬

The misunderstood Party Girl
Luna's Mood: ||Adventerous||Curious||
Luna's Outfit: HERE <-- Click it

[bg=#000000]
4743070.png

Luna laughed a little bit and sat down next to Vikki on the couch. She could tell when someone was faking and Vikki was definitely faking that scare. Luna knew she wouldn't have scared her that much. Vikki had probably dealt with scarier things in one day than Luna had in her entire life. Ya know, with being a gang leader and all. Luna couldn't even imagine running her own club in her old high school, let alone running an entire gang with different operations and stuff, so she commended Vikki for everything that she did.

"Oh c'mon! I know that didn't scare you." She chuckled before grabbing the remote off of the couch and started to flip through channels. There wasn't much on tv, so eventually she groaned and gave up. There was a moment of awkward silence as the two of them sat there. Luna didn't know what to say. There wasn't really much to make conversation about... Well, there was, Luna just didn't want to.

She took a deep breath and grabbed the remote again and turned to Nickelodeon to find SpongeBob. She gasped and squealed in excitement, sort of wondering what Vikki thought about this. Honestly, there was a party girl side of Luna that everyone knew and there was a childish "I wanna watch cartoons and go to Chuck E. Cheese!" side of her as well. Although, no one got to see that side of her much.

She thought that the reason for her more childish side was because she didn't have a very good childhood growing up. Her mom and dad split up when she was fairly young, around the age of 11. Before then, things still weren't that good to begin with. Her father would often cheat on her mom with different women from his work. There was even a time that Luna herself had caught him cheating on her mom. Her mom really just shrugged it off and tried to patch things up as best as she could, but nothing ever worked. Then they started fighting a lot and it only made things worse. Eventually the two split up which devastated Luna. She stayed with her father, but she didn't really know why. In all honesty, she probably wouldn't be the party girl she was if she'd of lived with her mom. What could she do about it now though?

Nothing.
[/bg]

Last edited:

Vikki
Outfit
Vikki laughed lightly, letting Luna freely flick through the channels. She herself was not one to start conversation, and could definitely understand why Luna would not want to talk; considering she was kidnapped against her will, and still imprisoned within the base of one of the biggest gangs in the entire city. It wasn't the most pleasant situations to be in.

Then again, Luna had really surprised her. No amount of research could have told her about the more docile, cooperative and calm side of Luna. She was under the impression that the girl was a constant party animal, very energetic and would have fought with her might to get the best out of the situation. Then again, if she had accounted for everything, and done more research, this entire situation probably would not be occurring. Luna would most likely still be out partying with her friends, and they'd be back to robbing cargo, taking out nuisances and being no better than the other thuggish gangs.

And that brought her back to her main problem right now. What was she going to do with Luna...

Status
Not open for further replies.