[Still Open!] Selling your soul to... go to school?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...That's gonna be a loooot of reading. When it's done, do you mind if I re-write it as a shorter (incomplete) version, for the lazier among us?

Umm did you say alot of reading *Sweetdrop* oh dear i never been one to read to much >.> I forget half of what I read most of the time V^V

Casette... I like this Fizzy chick, were in the world did you find her?
In the forbidden realm known as 'Real Life'...I know it's dangerous out there, but as you can see my venture has helped us obtain another lovely community member.

Umm did you say alot of reading *Sweetdrop* oh dear i never been one to read to much >.> I forget half of what I read most of the time V^V
Don't sweat it Cry, I'll be making an abbreviated version of everything later on! And if you do forget something, it doesn't matter, we're here to help you! ^.^

No call me Ari I don't mind XD
Then Ari it is! :)
And for anybody wondering, you can pretty much call me anything, and I won't mind.

Reactions: loviebeest
So the battle system idea! I'm finally explaining it...

The battle system works using three different stats: Stamina, Strength, and Defense. Each stat has a stat point cap of 65 points (so once they get to 65 points, they can't be raised any higher). You start with fifty points distributed between the three stats. Each stat must have at least five stat points put on it. When you win a battle, you can distribute another 4 stat points. If you lose a battle, you may distribute another 2 stat points. Stat distributions may not be changed when done.

Stamina is basically how many health points you have at the start of a battle. If your health points reach zero during a battle, you lose. No, you don't die, you just lose. When you get to your next battle, your health points are reset (to your stamina stat number). You must keep a running tally of how many health points you have at at the start of each post.

Strength is the basic amount of damage an attack can do. If in an attack was to succeed, the strength of an attack is health points it would take away from your opponent's overall health points. However the strength of an attack varies with the type of attack you are doing, so the amount of health points it can take away will vary. I will describe the different kinds of attack in a minute.

Defense is the chances of your opponents attack not hitting. When an opponent attacks, they roll two fifty sided dice, and add the totals together. If the sum of the rolls is equal to or lower than your defense stat number, then the attack fails. If the sum of the rolls is higher than your defense stat number, then the attack succeeds, and you lose health points. However your defense can vary with different kinds of attack, which I'm about to describe.

You can attack your opponent once during your post. You can use one of three different types of attack. The first kind of attack is a normal attack. A normal attack uses your base strength stat and your opponents base defense stat, with no variations. The second kind of attack is a quick attack. A quick attack uses half of your base strength stat, and half of your opponents base defense stat. The third kind of attack is a strong attack. A strong attack uses your base stat plus fifty percent, and your opponents base defense stat plus fifty percent. You must state the type of attack you are using and its stats at the end of your post.

Alongside the battle system, I expect you to describe what it happening. Don't just say 'Failed attack. Quick attack,' because that's boring. When using an attack, describe what your character is actually doing for the attack. If your opponent fails an attack, describe how you avoided their attack. If your opponent succeeds an attack, describe what sort of damage your character takes (keeping health points in mind). Any other actions in between receiving and giving an attack should be included too. You are also allowed (even encouraged) to add in your characters thoughts and speech too. Just because I'm adding in a battle system to make sure things are fair doesn't mean all role play skills have to be thrown out of the window.
STAMINA: Your starting health points.
STRENGTH: Your attack's basic strength.
DEFENSE: Your basic defense to an attack.
Your character gets 50 stat points to distribute between their stats to begin with.
Each stat must have at least 5 stat points.
Stat distributions may not be changed when done.
NORMAL ATTACK: 100% of your strength, and 100% of your opponent's defense.
QUICK ATTACK: 50% of your strength, and 50% of your opponent's defense.
STRONG ATTACK: 150% of your strength, and 150% of your opponent's defense.
You get ONE attack in your post.
The kind of attack you are using is stated at the end of your post.
Also put the attack's strength and defense stats at the end of your post.
Roll two fifty sided dice when you attack.
FAILED ATTACK: The sum of your rolls is equal to or lower than your opponent's defense. Opponent takes no damage.
SUCCESSFUL ATTACK: The sum of your rolls is higher than your opponent's defense. They subtract your attack's strength from their health points.
Keep a running tally of your health points at the start of each post.
First person to reach zero health points is the loser.
Health points reset after a battle.
Winner distributes another 4 stat points between their stats.
Loser distributes another 2 stat points between their stats.
Remember to be descriptive in your posts- this is still a roleplay!
STEPS FOR ROLLING DICE:
1- Make a post.
2- Hover over the 'More Options' button at the bottom right of your post.
3- Select 'Throw A Dice'
4- In the 'Throwing A Dice For...' section, write the type of attack you are doing.
5- In the 'Faces' section, write 50.
6- Click 'Throw A Dice'.
7- Press 'Throw Another Dice' on your roll to throw a second dice.

Opinions, advice, suggestions, etc, are all wanted! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Here I'm again with suggestions.

This is about the attacker. If he rolls a dice that's equal to the defense why not do this instead; the attack succeeded just barely and only 25% of the damage was afflicted. You can change the procentage but I think that often attacks do not only hit or miss but also hit barely. The change of trowing the same number of the defense is low anyway. Sorry if I have to clearify something later.

I suggest to people that are battling to put a spoiler with their stats in their post. It's easy too keep up that way.

Cassette I do hope you make not only a thread for characters but also one for stat history. People can update what has changed and why. This will probably make it easier to keep an eye on everything and see if everything has the right numbers.

only the original stat stays as base comparison + the newest stats + all the history
Example only underscored ones remain:

original stat cecile.....new stat cecile.....new stat cecile
stamina 10................stamina 11...........stamina 11
strenght 20...............strenght 20..........strengt 20
defense 15................defense 16...........defense 20

history:
battle lost from brian +1 stamina +1 defense
won from mission monster +4 defense

(I know that not all the numbers are right but it's just an example. And maybe I'm just obvious about this whole thing.)

This was it tell me if it's usefull. I love the whole idea. P.S. did you think of a definite title?

Here I'm again with suggestions.

This is about the attacker. If he rolls a dice that's equal to the defense why not do this instead; the attack succeeded just barely and only 25% of the damage was afflicted. You can change the procentage but I think that often attacks do not only hit or miss but also hit barely. The change of trowing the same number of the defense is low anyway. Sorry if I have to clearify something later.

I suggest to people that are battling to put a spoiler with their stats in their post. It's easy too keep up that way.

Cassette I do hope you make not only a thread for characters but also one for stat history. People can update what has changed and why. This will probably make it easier to keep an eye on everything and see if everything has the right numbers.

only the original stat stays as base comparison + the newest stats + all the history
Example only underscored ones remain:

original stat cecile.....new stat cecile.....new stat cecile
stamina 10................stamina 11...........stamina 11
strenght 20...............strenght 20..........strengt 20
defense 15................defense 16...........defense 20

history:
battle lost from brian +1 stamina +1 defense
won from mission monster +4 defense

(I know that not all the numbers are right but it's just an example. And maybe I'm just obvious about this whole thing.)

This was it tell me if it's usefull. I love the whole idea. P.S. did you think of a definite title?
To start with, thank-you for all of the feedback, Lovie! It's definitely a good thing your here! And yes, it was very helpful.

I do like the idea of having rolls equal to the defense only do a certain percent of the intended damage. Although it would make the system more complicated, and I wanted to keep it fairly simple. Hm. I'll ask everybody else if they like this idea too, or if they think it might make things over complicated. That means if you're not Loviebeest and you're reading this, give me your opinion. (By the way, I'd probably use 50%).

Having stats in a spoiler in the post would be helpful... I think I'll only make it compulsory to put your original stats in your first post though. That way it's still fairly easy to find, but I don't have to be a butthole for nagging lazy/forgetful people to remember to post their original stats. However the stats for your attack (edited strength and defense) shall be made compulsory. I have edited my original post accordingly.

And I'm going to be making a lot of threads. A. Lot. Of. Threads. *Crys*. Anyway, yes, I am planning on having a thread for keeping track of everybody's stats. How it shall be laid out, I'm yet to decide, but I will make sure to give a template when the thread is made. Also, both the player and myself shall be keeping track of character stats.

A definite title...no. Do you have any ideas?

*Lost* ?^? I am so lost in with everything everyone saying ?^? XD sorry..... I never done something like battle thing and stuff.... maybe we can us dice or something?

1-3: high damage
4-5: middum damge
6: low damage

we can use two dices or something... It was just something that poped up in my head >.>

*Lost* ?^? I am so lost in with everything everyone saying ?^? XD sorry..... I never done something like battle thing and stuff.... maybe we can us dice or something?

1-3: high damage
4-5: middum damge
6: low damage

we can use two dices or something... It was just something that poped up in my head >.>
What is confusing you Cry? I can try and re-explain parts you don't understand. And dice are used, just in a different way.

What is confusing you Cry? I can try and re-explain parts you don't understand. And dice are used, just in a different way.

Ohhh Mostly with all of the ideas everyone is giving I got lost along the way.....

Ohhh Mostly with all of the ideas everyone is giving I got lost along the way.....
Ignore the ideas everybody is giving for now, and just read my original BS post (#44).

cecile's defense is 20, now let me use the roll a dice button for a moment.
I think I messed something up ignore this untill I figure out how dice throwing works.
found the problem with the button; I fill in 100 faces and it says "error can only have 100 faces" WTF
Ok I just threw ten ten-faced dice instead. I got 65 it's more than20. attack succesful.

Now, since my dice throw button doesn't allow one 100-faced die, I will just split it up.
10x10-faced is not a good idea since you end up with a minimum of 10.
5x20-faced I thought was a good idea but you always have a minimum of 5.
So maybe 2x50-faced will work or anything else split up in two.
This way anyone with the lowest defense can win.

@Cassette this post is a mess XD

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
cecile's defense is 20, now let me use the roll a dice button for a moment.
I think I messed something up ignore this untill I figure out how dice throwing works.
found the problem with the button; I fill in 100 faces and it says "error can only have 100 faces" WTF
Ok I just threw ten ten-faced dice instead. I got 65 it's more than20. attack succesful.

Now, since my dice throw button doesn't allow one 100-faced die, I will just split it up.
10x10-faced is not a good idea since you end up with a minimum of 10.
5x20-faced I thought was a good idea but you always have a minimum of 5.
So maybe 2x50-faced will work or anything else split up in two.
This way anyone with the lowest defense can win.

@Cassette this post is a mess XD
Thank-you very much for your experimentation Loviebeest! I think two rolls of a fifty dices sounds easiest and fairest, so I'll go with that one. Adding it to the main BS post... :)

*gives Loviebeest a cookie in thanks*

Dice test!

NOTE: Dice roll is found when you click 'More Options' in the bottom right of one of your posts.

I want to test this out ^^

Note: it doesn't work on my end >.>

I click more opitns and it takes me to Reply thread >.> and no dice

I want to test this out ^^

Note: it doesn't work on my end >.>

I click more opitns and it takes me to Reply thread >.> and no dice
Did you click on edit first? Cause I think you did, the options are different. Don't click on edit first and go directly to the right lower corner of one of your posts.
Maybe I assumed wrong. :X

OK me do dice thing take two!

yes I use edit this time >.>

This one was not with edit still does not work V^V

STEPS FOR ROLLING DICE:
1- Make a post.
2- Hover over the 'More Options' button at the bottom right of your post.
3- Select 'Throw A Dice'
4- Type in what you are throwing the dice for.
5- Type in how many sides the dice should have.
6- Click 'Throw A Dice'.
7- (optional) Press 'Throw Another Dice' to throw another dice.

If it's not covered by this, then I don't know your problem. SORRY!

Status
Not open for further replies.