Star Wars: Whispers of Darkness (Currently accepting characters)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Though sith alchemy is pretty much like necromancy in many aspects from other fiction. It's looked upon with disdain by those like the Jedi and there is no wonder that they wouldn't trust him as he carries a Kit for alchemy which is used to do not so nice things

"But ask me the secrets of Sith alchemy, and I would ask you for three measures of blood: one from a person you love, one from a person you hate, and one from yourself."
Naga Sadow

@WitchChild, Hey not to rush you. In any sense of the word. But I was just wondering what you thought of my application.

Don't know why you are asking me. Sora is the GM around here. I am just giving my critical opinion XD

The biggest gripe I would have with it would be that you used "dieying " which should be "dying" if you aren't a native or fluent in English.

And then there is just the fact that the plot is yet to be revealed as the plot in the op isn't really the one we are going for. Not to mention the sorts of in love with a Jedi while the sith might not even be around long enough for any such relationship to happen and the such. Or even that the sith will be out in the open as you are suggesting in the bio and instead are waiting in the shadows and keeping low.

If I would be running this, which I am not and just giving my opinions and knowledge of the Expanded Universe from my semi excessive reading of the world, I would have preferred less sith and maybe a couple more non-force sensitives or at least force users.

Buuuuuuuuuuut to be a bit nit-picky. How would be pay anyone if he is dead?

Don't know why you are asking me. Sora is the GM around here. I am just giving my critical opinion XD

The biggest gripe I would have with it would be that you used "dieying " which should be "dying" if you aren't a native or fluent in English.

And then there is just the fact that the plot is yet to be revealed as the plot in the op isn't really the one we are going for. Not to mention the sorts of in love with a Jedi while the sith might not even be around long enough for any such relationship to happen and the such. Or even that the sith will be out in the open as you are suggesting in the bio and instead are waiting in the shadows and keeping low.

If I would be running this, which I am not and just giving my opinions and knowledge of the Expanded Universe from my semi excessive reading of the world, I would have preferred less sith and maybe a couple more non-force sensitives or at least force users.

Buuuuuuuuuuut to be a bit nit-picky. How would be pay anyone if he is dead?
I totally thought you were the GM after reading the first page, but I also do want your thoughts on it regardless.

I'm a native Spanish speaking, English is my second. I have a decent grasp on the English language with a few minor spelling discrepancies.

I hadnt intended to imply that the Sith were out in the open, I merely meant that his mother had told him there were still Sith Lords in the Universe. Hence the reason he went all murderous so that he could gain some attention from Sith Lords. And as for his ex master's death it occurred on one of the currently desolated planets.

The credits would be in a shack on the planet he was on, he would use said shack as a home base and when they managed to track him there/him find them they'd fight it out until either stood victorious. I probably should have gone into greater detail with that.

Okay I'm gonna ask people to stop making character sheets for now because I'm probably going to be reworking the sheet.

For now, I think I'm gonna shut the character registrations off because we have a large cast of characters now. I'm also going to add special things to force Weilders so we can try to all be on an equal level and nobody becomes OP.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest because it seems like we get a new applicant everyday.
So does that mean none of the non accepteds will be accepted in the near future? Or that any who apply after that message will be ignored?

No, it means I'm just warning people that they may have to adapt their sheets, so it was more of a formality to say "Hey just a heads up, you might want to hold off".

I'm still working on the Jedi/Sith thing. My original idea was to have a limited number like @WitchChild mentioned, but the rise of Jedi/Sith characters has really made me had to reconsider that aspect of the RP.

But it was just a general "don't get too into your current sheet because you may need to tweak it a bit" statement, don't think too deeply on it.

Reactions: Phi Chisym
No, it means I'm just warning people that they may have to adapt their sheets, so it was more of a formality to say "Hey just a heads up, you might want to hold off".

I'm still working on the Jedi/Sith thing. My original idea was to have a limited number like @WitchChild mentioned, but the rise of Jedi/Sith characters has really made me had to reconsider that aspect of the RP.

But it was just a general "don't get too into your current sheet because you may need to tweak it a bit" statement, don't think too deeply on it.
Got it.

Sora you can still limit it, having too many jedi/sith/force sensitives makes SW rps die if it's not about them anyway. No one should gripe about ti especially if they are late to the party.

True. I'll just have to see how many we have (I may not even have to limit it). We may have lost those guys while waiting for the OoC.

Also, just wanted to apologize for how long its been taking to make this thread. A combination of things (including writers block and multiple adaptations to my adaptations) have been preventing me from making a lot of progress, but I'm really glad you guys have been patient. It'll be up sometime this week/next week, I promise.

There's just a lot of stuff I have to include for a "Freeform-esk" RP to make sure things don't collapse upon the first post xD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Collapsing RPs on the first post is not due to a good or bad plot line. That's only due to non-creative people who sign up with a one-track idea on their minds, and they get derailed because it's thrown off from the first post or so that's starts beyond where they initially assumed it would start. Or, they are intimidated by writing and creative thought that seems superior over theirs. Those things are a given and has nothing to do with the GM, honestly.

The best way to solve any of those issues from the start, just in case such a thing occurs here, is constant communication, brainstorming over ideas, even after the OP. If someone gets stuck, just get on OOC and ask some questions, bounce some ideas with others on a cool way to get your charrie involved, and post up. Hopefully, everyone won't feel intimidated to do something as simple as that. Really, we don't bite... nibble a little, draw a few drops of blood for the pleasure of it... But that's all. We can all handle that, right? :3

So I haven't been getting any updates from here...which caused me to forget about it, and for that I am sorry.

Also how does a Miraluka sound??/

That'd be a good idea, yeah xD

Sorry its taking so long guys!

I'd be willing to help; care sharing with us a basic outline of what you have so far/the general direction you want to go in?

Well I was trying to have it be open-world but still force the people to follow a set plotline (when their characters are involved in certain places).

I'm just really struggling with the "how the hell do I do this" factor of the story. As in, "how the hell do I have it so the story is present but its still a Freeform RP and gives people the oppourtunity wether or not they want to join said main plot or continue with their side plot?" (all will eventually have to join the main, but there's times when they can skip out)

Also, I'm really not sure about force Weilders. I get that there would be a lot of people given the fact this takes place 40+ years after the Battle of Yavin, but I'm not sure how I feel about having 20 (exaggerated number) people running around with Lightsabers and force powers. I'll probably let it be, but typically I limit those numbers to 4 per side.

Typically my problems come into play here because I'm trying to make things Freeform, but also give it a sense of organization.

Put a limit and a goal. Not everyone want to be Jedi or Sith anyway.
I just want to fly a big spaceship.

Reactions: Jade
Ok, here's how I see things:

You need to lay out what happened to the Jedi Order and the remnants of the empire in these past 40 years. Similarly you need to establish what the dark side is doing. Is there an organized group of neo Sith who have somehow learned of ancient Sith teachings? Maybe a dark jedi has splintered off and formed a Dark Jedi Order?

One thing's clear to me, and that is that in order to reign in the force users, it is important to establish what groups are out there that foster such individuals, how widespread are these philosophies, and how many philosophies there even are. Before, during the rule of two, it was pretty much Jedi and Sith, and someone would go Dark Jedi every now and then, but usually not much would come of it. In this universe, I could seen it being a bit different, with perhaps several small factions from both the dark and the light showing up. This would also make the force wielder dynamic much more fresh and interesting, since it wouldn't be a straight black and white dichotomy between Jedi/Sith.

• Love
I see @WitchChild, who probably knows more about the EU than any of us, is online; care to weigh in?

Well, EU established that there were always sith in the galaxy. Either in hiding or just biding their time. One sith group had been trapped on a primitive world for generations while another was on the fringe and growing. The One Sith who were lead by Darth Krayt who was a former Jedi of the clone wars and wore armor of krayt dragon bone. Should alter that so sith are in the uncharted space abd maybe even with most being chiss.

Mandos started to unite about 20-40 years after the endor battle with Fett as Mandalore.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jade
So, I kinda think we should use the EU up until a little after 10 aby. That way, we wont have all the yussan vong and one sith stuff. Not that I don't like it, but I think we should come up with our own crisis and threats.