Star Wars: The Rise of the Empire

Wonderful =). Depending on what everyone else wants, then, I'm leaning towards the latter.

Who says we can't have both? A character sheet to get the basics down for reference, then an intro to give a better feel for the character.

^That would also be a thing that worked =).

So when is the OOC gonna be started?

It has started. But I can start it again, it's been a few days. Not to mention a holiday XD.

I think we should discuss characters more in depth. I'm going to take my medic, and I'll probably end up having to double or triple. I would really appreciate if some others doubled as well, with characters we need for the plot, or I'll have to take on five of six parts. I think I listed on the last page everyone who's necessary.

Awesome =D! Which characters do you have in mind?

Hey, all! Let's try to pick the ball up again (what a terrible cliche, omg -_-). Which characters are y'all thinking you'll take?

I was thinking of an imperial agentloyal to the empire but with selfish ambitions. Honest. I am not entirely familiarwith the Star Wars universe, BUT I know enough to follow along. Could you add apost that summarizes the plot just a bit so I can have something to reference?A character sheet might be nice too.<o:p></o:p>

Prior to the de facto formation of the Galactic Alliance, smaller uprisings on individual planets stirred panic and unrest in the Galactic Empire. The plot I have in mind focuses on one of those uprisings--a labor strike on an Outer Rim planet run by monopolistic corporatists in league with Imperial officers searching for power on their own. The characters whom I think are necessary for the plot include:

Head of local 'rebel' force

A corporatist or two (Evil capitalist. I'm trying to say I want some J. D. Rockefellers.)
Imperial governor responsible for the region
Random rebels
Maybe some Imperial spies. Blah

And, again, I would appreciate it if some others doubled, so I'm not controlling five characters XD. And I'll probably end up GMing, so.

In terms of intros, I think what I definitely want is paragraph intros, but if people also want to do character sheets, you're more than welcome to do both. Not the biggest fan, but what the hell. How about. Um. How about:

Name:
Faction/Profession/Whatever:
Background:
Abilities/Skills/Whatever:

What about main characters? If I wanted to rp the Emperoror say Grand Admiral Thrawn?

I'm down for whoever, but, remember, everyone has to somehow be plugged into the plot. If you want to be Thrawn, maybe he's the Imperial responsible for the region at the time =).

I was also thinking if these force users are abound, the Emperor did train a few as Dark Side users and spies. If you have a rebel leader you will need an imperial leader which would be palpatine

Let me tell you why I disagree =)--even at the height of the rebellion, Palpatine is hardly ever involved. He's more of a shadow leader, working behind the scenes and delegating power to the Tagges, Mottis, and Tarkins of the Empire. What we're talking about in this case is the Occupy Movement. It's the general strike that just happened in Europe. It's the student strike that went on in Quebec for eight months, starting last April. It's those movements, bastardized and weaponized. It's a small fish. I don't think the Emperor is getting involved.

Ok I guess that means strike both characters I mentioned. If I think of anything ill join

Whatever you want =). And, really, you can join as Thrawn as the governor of the region if you want.

Thrawn was imperial warfare strategist of the highest intelligence. If you are just starting the rebellion he wouldn't be called in for some time

What makes Thrawn so great is the same thing that makes Daala so great--they had to work their way up through the HuManocentric society of their time. In Thrawn's case, it worked without help. But it still worked. You're right that it would be pushing it, but we don't know very much about what Thrawn was up to at this time. We've got shit he's doing in 0 ABY, with the whole Nuso Esva thing, and in that book Thrawn is just called an Imperial Officer. Before that, we've got vagueness about him working his way up. Five years earlier? I'd allow it if you wanted it.

Alright I shall place his as Captain for now he will be restricted to space warfare and small assault tactics on the grounds