Star Wars: The Rise of the Empire

Do you agree with me on the characters I think we need =)?

Sure, but no jedi/sith? Or is it just going to be all of us on one side?

I answered Ekaetriana on that before. I'm fine with Force users. BUT. You have to remember that the Purge is going on at this time. I'll allow Force users, if you give me a really, really ingenious backstory on how your Force user hasn't been killed, considering the badassery of those who have.

Again, I'm fine with any character. That being said, there's a reason why your character is involved in what he or she is. You know what I'm saying? You can play a loner character in a high school RP, but then you can't get angry if the plot moves away from you. Similarly, you don't play a commoner in a DnD game, because you're playing a character who is presupposed to be an adventurer.

Those are examples, but do you understand what I'm saying?

Awesome =D.

I'm really not a dictator, though XD. Make a good case, and I'll probably be fine with it =).

So what would you say to a much younger force user whose talents haven't been noticed? She's not trained, so she's not Jedi or Sith. She is just quite force sensitive. Possibly even she's unaware of it?

(I'm thinking of playing a ten year old girl who works for her coporatist parents for her keep. She sides with the workers on strike. However, she's dark for her age and would most likely become a Sith if she were to grow up.)

I'm cool with that! But then you have the issue of a ten year old hanging with a myriad of older men and women XD. Her parents let her out of the house? Also, this rebel group is probably much darker than those in the films. Real rebel groups are an amalgamation of people who really stand for the cause, and those using the case to their own ends. That's why there were those sex abuse issues with the Occupy movement, right? Both syndicated and unsyndicated--often times, rebel groups weaponize rape towards their own goals. I don't think anything will be syndicated here--especially not if I double as the group leader--but that doesn't mean there aren't terrible people in the movement. Her parents don't stop her from going 0.0?

I mean, if they really don't, it's fine XD. I'm not trying to be argumentative =). I'm just a tabletop game DM, and I like ridiculously developed backstories =).

She's actually participating with the rebels behind her parent's backs. She's interested in using them to get to the Imperials and find a Sith teacher. And she works for her parents, not at difficult jobs with a bunch of adults, but at small tasks like delivering packages. Like paid chores I guess. I'm just assuming that corporatist families do live on this planet alongside working families. I may be wrong. It's been a long time since I studied this particular era of the Star Wars saga. xD

Ahh, okay, I see what you're saying =). And I don't have a plant in mind, so we can even make one up! I'm definitely thinking something on the outer rim, though!

Are her parents, like, the guys in charge of one of the companies on planet, or they work for the guys in charge?

For the sake of easiness, I would go ahead and say one of her parents is vice executive for a company on the planet. Not sure what company though. xD

I'm also aware that she's pretty dumb for seeking out a Sith teacher in that way, but headstrong kids do stupid things. She doesn't really know what she's getting herself into, she's just very interested in adventure and becoming powerful, so uses what she can to achieve that. I guess you could say she's that annoying kid that stows away on your ship looking for excitement.

Anyway, I'm not very knowledgeable about this era so should I do some research or will it be clear what's going on in the posts?

No, no, you should be completely fine! And whoever wants to be in charge can make up the company name. If it ends up being me, I'll do it =P.

I'm really excited too =D. Once everyone decides on characters--and I would love if people would double and take some of the guys we need, too =P--we can do CSs and start!! I'll probably end up doubling or tripling XD.

I can't do much right now but I am interested. One thing I will say though is that if Imperials find out she's Firce sensitive she's liable to recieve a visit from Lord Vader that will end with her being cut down. I don't think Vader or the Emperor are friendly to the idea of another Force user running around.

That point is very much true, as I tried to get across myself.

I'm not going to stop anyone from playing any character whom they want to play, but the laws of the universe still apply =P. If an Imperial comes after the kid, an Imperial comes after the kid.

I'm glad you're interested! WE'd love to have you, too, if you find time!

Oh yes, I'm aware of that danger for her and aware that she may be killed. I would just like to place her in the RP and see what happens to her from there.

I'm cool with it =). And I'm glad there's the consent there. We should all have the limits talk. Personally, I have none whatsoever.

Also, would everyone hate me if I asked for paragraph character sheets/intros?

If people are opposed to the idea, I swear, we can talk about it...

I'm fine with sheets or written intros.