Star Wars Celebration!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of those companies aren't dead, like Bioware. :/
Is a walking corpse technically alive though?

Edit: This is getting too depressing to dwell on.

I'm gonna marathon the movies this weekend and put Battlefront 2 with some mods back on my PC.

Problem is, this isn't a new IP. It's established. Know what happens to established ones they get their claws in?
zsj5pZN.png
On that List. Origin, Bullfrog and Westwood make me the most depressed by far.

Reactions: Windsong
Bioware made Inquisition which wasn't a flop.
That's not saying a whole lot. Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning was basically the same game but without Bioware behind it and forced trans and gay lore behind it.

Not that there's anything wrong with being either of those. I feel like it was hamfisted in by Gaider to appease an extremely vocal minority. /opinion

Bioware behind it and forced trans and gay lore behind it.
The gay in DAI didn't feel forced at all to me. The fact that you are upset that there was a gay charachter in it is kinda iffy. Are you telling me we shouldn't try to be diverse?

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
The gay in DAI didn't feel forced at all to me. The fact that you are upset that there was a gay charachter in it is kinda iffy. Are you telling me we shouldn't try to be diverse?
Did you miss the spoiler?

I'm not upset about there being gay characters. They just felt pushed in to fit an agenda. The fact they needed to flaunt the characters were gay like its some sort of medal they had to parade around to please such a minuscule part of a population.

That was my issue. When their sexuality becomes a defining trait that is the first thing you learn about a character.

Also, this has nothing to do with Star Wars.

You were the one who started it :P. But agreed, lets not make it about that.
But I finished it.

Boooooom.

Also, trying to find the files for Battlefront 2 to try and get an Iwaku group going at it. 4chan posts them regularly and the games are a blast.

All free. Cause reasons.

• Thank You
Let's get back on the topic of Star Wars, please.

The New red lightsabers with the added mini saber on the handle. Y/N?

• Love
Reactions: Fluffy
No. Double bladed saber? Yes.

Saber.. Hilt guard..?

Maybe some extended canon (which is probably null now) says lightsabers can't slide against each other. But a hilt guard with the projectors sticking out?

Goodbye wrist.

Reserving judgement until I see the film.
  • There are materials in the Star Wars universe that can resist lightsabers, so just make the hilt out of that.
  • Complaining that a user will hurt themselves with it is silly when you realize the weapon itself is just begging for an accident. (Just think of non-humans using it. Like Twileks. With their tentacle hair. They used lightsabers. Jesus.)
  • It's god damn space magic. Nothing makes sense. Eat your popcorn and just hope they remember what made Star Wars good in the first place: Being a fairy tale in space.

GODDAMNIT BEAT ME TO POSTING THE BATTLEFRONT TRAILER.

Parting shots: EA will not fuck this up. I trust DICE. Disney still owns Star Wars-- period. They're trusting EA this property for the time being, but EA knows better than to fuck with Disney. That's a loooooooot of properties they'll be losing if they do mess this up. But that also means more beaurocracy for the actual devs, so... Fingers crossed!

There are materials that are lightsaber resistant, but we've only seen them canonically used in Vader's armour (ESB, when Luke gets a glancing shot on Vader's shoulder plate). In the Prequels, we see Dooku actually slice through a saber hilt, if I remember correctly (AOTC, during the final duel with Anakin). I'd actually like to see more about what Vader's armour was made of.

For that weird hilt-thingy, word-of-mouth goes that it's an imperfectly built lightsaber, and that it has those thingies as some kind of dual exhaust port.

• Thank You
That's not saying a whole lot. Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning was basically the same game but without Bioware behind it and forced trans and gay lore behind it.

Not that there's anything wrong with being either of those. I feel like it was hamfisted in by Gaider to appease an extremely vocal minority. /opinion
BioWare's also put out the player stats for playing Mass Effect 3, and only 18% of players played as FemShep and only 1/3rd of players picked Renegade. When asked about this, one of the developers said that it didn't matter if a lot of people didn't chose to do something or see some of the content, just that it was available for people that do want it. Since there's a lot of gay and bisexual people out there, it makes sense that they'd give some options to be inclusive, and in some ways, they kind of have to have characters bring it up at some point because romancing characters (read; feeding them points so they sleep with you) is kind of a staple of BioWare games. I've never felt that the gay characters in any BioWare game really shoved it in my face and some of them ended up being some of my favorite characters, because lo and behold, they're good characters. About the only character that's up front with hitting on you that I recall, regardless of gender, was Zevran from Dragon Age, and that's because he's uber manwhore and doesn't care what people think about it.

I don't really think saying you have gay characters in your games as romance options as a feature is a bad thing or even an agenda, and given that ME3 made efforts to have alternate box art showing a female Shepard even though 18% of players play FemShep is kind of nice that they're making strides to be universally inclusive.

BACK TO STER WERZ

Battlefront 3 is definitely something I'm iffy about, because the EA and DICE combo didn't impress me with Battlefield 4 and if the game requires you to be online all the time even for single player content, no sale. I'm getting sick and tired of games demanding I sign into their account to play it when their servers are notoriously unreliable and you're at the whims of awful launches.

I don't actually mind the exhaust port lightsaber thing, although I would be lying if I wasn't greatly amused by the endless memes about it when it was announced.

star-wars-the-force-awakens-memes-05-lightsaber-chansaw.gif

tumblr_nftae1IH901qeablwo4_500.jpg

wAg8osx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.