Star Wars Celebration!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I'm skeptical about Jar Jar Abrams, I'm fucking stoked. The last few seconds of the newest trailer made me squeal and clap my hands like a dumbass.

I know that Disney threw the EU out the window... but I really.

REALLY.

Hope that that at least some of it makes it into the new series.

Sad thing is, even if it doesn't, I'm still going to fangirl.
Pls Thrawn. Pls reincorporate Thrawn. Pls. He was interesting because he was a villain on par to that of the Sith without having to be some superpowered Mary Sue.

I might crucified for saying this, but uh... I really want Mara Jade.

Oh, and new trailer for Battlefront:
I kind of am having a hard time giving a fuck, since it's EA and the trailer doesn't actually show any actual gameplay, but it looks great, which is nice.

I kind of am having a hard time giving a fuck, since it's EA and the trailer doesn't actually show any actual gameplay, but it looks great, which is nice.
The trailer looks awesome.
But yea, it lacks any gameplay and it's EA. :/

So it could still go either way.

Damn I hate this star wars pickle.
The series (movie and game wise) could be insanely good, or completely fail.
And I'm just dying to figure out which it's going to be.

The trailer is ingame engine wise. So its gonna be pretty as fuck.

That said; FUCKING HYPED FOR THIS MOVIE

Pretty, sure, but what I'm worried about is the game play.

Last edited:

That said; FUCKING HYPED FOR THIS MOVIE
In-engine when run on powerful pcs that pre-render it maybe. Look at watch_dogs "in game" footage compared to release. Same with Dark Souls 2. Besides, haven't we fought storm troopers on Endor since like.. Every Star Wars game? I want new stuff. :(

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
It's DICE working on a big teams multiplayer with vehicles and shit. This is right up their alley.

But is EA being Dices Publisher?
Publishers can really screw developers over.

Reactions: Windsong
In-engine when run on powerful pcs that pre-render it maybe. Look at watch_dogs "in game" footage compared to release. Same with Dark Souls 2. Besides, haven't we fought storm troopers on Endor since like.. Every Star Wars game? I want new stuff. :(
Pretty sure that is very similair to what it will look in game. Powerfull PC will be needed for it, obviusly. But that is just how the tech biz works. That said, Dice like to be frank about their graphics. What you see is usually what you get.

Pretty sure that is very similair to what it will look in game. Powerfull PC will be needed for it, obviusly. But that is just how the tech biz works. That said, Dice like to be frank about their graphics. What you see is usually what you get.
Have you forgotten what battlefield 4 looked like when they first showed it off?

They'll downgrade it hard. They always do. Assuming we saw the same footage too, it showed the ps4 as the console, not a PC.

But that's why we call them bullshots.

But is EA being Dices Publisher?
Publishers can really screw developers over.
They are dealing with Disneys licencing here. EA screw over devs when it come to sequels first of all. This is a game they know is being extremely anticipated and will be able to build the IP further. Have a feeling they'll just let DICE do their thing. BF have been one of their biggest cashcows, even EA knows not to mess with their golden goose.

See; Letting BIoware work a long time on DA:O then rush them as hell for DA2.

Have you forgotten what battlefield 4 looked like when they first showed it off?

They'll downgrade it hard. They always do. Assuming we saw the same footage too, it showed the ps4 as the console, not a PC.

But that's why we call them bullshots.
True enough I suppose.

I want to look forward to this. Really really do.

EA has a terrible track record when it comes to obtaining something new and then trying to cash in on it. Renewed Star Wars excitement is just another business opportunity to them.

Speaking of EA and Bioware..

The Old Republic.

Straight into the gutter.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
EA are good at letting developers create new IP's ,tha'ts just the thing. This is something they'll like milk to death, but the first game will more then likely be fun.

EA are good at letting developers create new IP's ,tha'ts just the thing. This is something they'll like milk to death, but the first game will more then likely be fun.
Problem is, this isn't a new IP. It's established. Know what happens to established ones they get their claws in?
zsj5pZN.png

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
Except Battlefront is a sequel.
There's two games before it that's the reason for the hype they now have.

Problem is, this isn't a new IP. It's established. Know what happens to established ones they get their claws in?
A lot of those companies aren't dead, like Bioware. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.