Star Wars Celebration!!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Cowboy

You’re gonna carry that weight.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
  6. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Omnipresent
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Open to anything, but particularly enjoy gothic horror, urban fantasy, science fiction, post-apocalypse, and steampunk.
For those of you in the know, Star Wars Celebration is currently underway. It's probably the biggest one yet, considering there's an absolutely boatload of stuff for the NEW Trilogy, and the NEW Battlefront!!

NEW STORMTROOPERS!!

sK0xIT0.jpg

TOGETHER AGAIN!!

vyvSZQj.jpg

THE NEW CAST!!

KyzNmm2.jpg

SCREENSHOT FROM THE BATTLEFRONT 3 ENGINE!!

5fYaBTC.jpg

Oh, and the new FORCE AWAKENS TRAILER.

Han and Chewie, then and now.

hansolochewbaccathenandnow.jpg

I love Star Wars :3
My room is still star wars themed from when I was a kid.

I just hope Disney can do the series justice.

I just hope Disney can do the series justice.
They did Marvel justice, I'm sure they can do Star Wars justice. At the very least, it can't be worse that George Lucas.

They did Marvel justice, I'm sure they can do Star Wars justice. At the very least, it can't be worse that George Lucas.
True.

But they also need to live up to EU quality now since Disney went ahead and declared it non-canon.
I want the movies to at least be as good as what they're meant to replace.

True.

But they also need to live up to EU quality now since Disney went ahead and declared it non-canon.
I want the movies to at least be as good as what they're meant to replace.
You mean mostly trash with the occasional okay, sometimes even _good_ idea vaguely coming through until it's stretched out too thin to be enjoyable? That was the good ole' days....

Also, meh on Star Wars right now, but I hope it's decent.

The best of the EU came at the very beginning, with Zahn. A few bits and pieces there were also awesome: Kyle Katarn and the Dark Forces games were pretty cool, and a few of the graphic novels were fantastic. Knights of the Old Republic was great, and I personally loved everything to do with the Mandalorians.

But for the most part, I'm actually happy with the EU being declared "alternate universe" kind-of stuff with new canon material coming that won't be confusing. Everything that comes now, every book and comic and video game, is absolutely considered canon, period, no questions. That's cool.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
You mean mostly trash with the occasional okay, sometimes even _good_ idea vaguely coming through until it's stretched out too thin to be enjoyable? That was the good ole' days....

Also, meh on Star Wars right now, but I hope it's decent.
Yea there's a lot of crap in it.
But there's enough gems too like Old Republic that replacing them places a hell of an expectation on Disney.

dfm07nl.png

I think this guy's going to end up being a "minor" villain, but with loads of badassery aka Boba Fett. Check out he half-cape that invokes the Fett imagery, and how his armour and rifle differ greatly from the standard trooper.

Or, there may be a whole squad of these badasses that hunt down the main heroes. That'll be cool!

I think this guy's going to end up being a "minor" villain, but with loads of badassery aka Boba Fett. Check out he half-cape that invokes the Fett imagery, and how his armour and rifle differ greatly from the standard trooper.

Or, there may be a whole squad of these badasses that hunt down the main heroes. That'll be cool!
I'm suspecting elite squad personally.

My excitement is going to destroy my room. Can't wait.

HAVE YOU ALL FORGOTTEN THE PREQUELS ALREADY?!

Cautiously optimistic. A friend really ruined Star Wars for me with his ignorant fanboy attitude.

Is it bad that I want to get fanboy excited about this, but I can't? :(

George Lucas is why those prequels were kinda balls! >:[ By then he was losing his marbles.

I know people give Disney a lot of shit, but they have a HUUUUUUUUGE budget and can make some really freaking awesome movies. It's in their best interests to do a spectacular job. O_O This is a franchise they can make serious bank on.

I am sad I dun get to see Kyle Katarn. >:[ But that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge on any of the extended universe. So these new movies are super super exciting!

I WILL ACTUALLY GO TO THE THEATER. AIN'T NO WAITING FOR IT TO COME ON DVD IN THIS HOUSE. BIIIIIIG SCREEEEEEEN BITCHES!

I know that Disney threw the EU out the window... but I really.

REALLY.

Hope that that at least some of it makes it into the new series.

Sad thing is, even if it doesn't, I'm still going to fangirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.