Star-Crossed {Happily and Felilla}

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Felilla

Starlight Keeper
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
Genres
I really like modern roleplays, especially hings involving romance and family. I also love fantasy, especially anything involving magic, mythical creatures, or gods and goddesses. Fandoms are nice, if I can play an OC. Since history is one of my passions, I like doing historical roleplays, mostly renaissance, 1800's, early 1900's, ancient civilizations, and anything wild west-like or based on pioneers. I do like Sci-Fi, mostly dystopian with some sort of rebellion or strict customs, something like that. I also like roleplays that take place in space if they have a good explanation of the universe that it takes place in. I'm not a big fan of horror or mystery, unless the horror is a sub-element to something else.
The Kingdom of Verona has long since been split into two factions: the Montagues and the Capulets. However, after years of turmoil and struggle, the two Kings of each faction have put aside their differences to form a more perfect country, one that is on the brink of war. To form this bond, the Kings have engaged their only children to each other. Capulet has given his only daughter and Montague his only son. The two have never met, but it is of little concern to the Kings.

However, it is a concern to the Prince and Princess themselves. Prince Montague and Princess Capulet are not in love with each other. In fact, they are in love with other people. The Prince has been in love with his lady Protector for quite some time now, but has yet to voice these feelings and the Princess and a stable boy in her home have been lovers for quite some time now. They'd never defy their parents' wished though.

Recently, the Princess has been sent to stay with the Montagues to meet her husband and become friends with him before their wedding next year. The two have decided to act the part for the sake of their country, but they are both aware of their affection for others. The Princess has even chosen for her stable boy to accompany her entourage under her father's nose.

However, tensions are rising inside the Montague Palace and beyond the country's borders. Everyone is preparing for war, even the star-crossed lovers. The Kings seem to be catching onto their children's affections for their loves as well.

Lisia
"This is a good opportunity," Lisia reminded herself as she adjusted her sword on her hip. She glanced up at herself in the mirror, eyebrows furrowed in concentration. "A good opportunity for the Montagues and for Verona."

Then why did she feel so awful? Why did she want to throw up at the thought of the Capulet princess invading her home? Getting close to Prince Sebastian? Getting close to Bash?

She shook her head and scraped a hand through her blonde hair. She pulled her brown leather vest on over her green dress and nodded to herself. "This is good. Good for Verona and good for the Montagues."

She glanced at the rising sun, her heart pounding against her chest. Was this good for her though? She was already ostracized enough for being a Lady Protector and not a Lord Protector. What if the King decided that having another woman near the prince was too risky? What if she lost her position, a position she had to work so hard for?

No, don't think about it. She beat ten other candidates for this position. She earned it. King Montague would never throw her aside.

She chewed on her lip before striding out of her small and messy room. Down the halls of the castle. Up the stairs. She stopped in front of the large, white mahogany door that was Prince Sebastian's room.

The two guards saluted her as she approached and she bobbed her head, "Has the prince woken up yet?"

"Lord Littlewell came by about an hour ago, milady," one of them told her. "Something about a chess rematch?"

Lisia rolled her eyes and reached for the door handle. "The Princess is arriving today," she reminded the guards. "The only person you should've let in his steward."

"Yes, ma'm. Sorry, ma'm"

She waved it off before shoving the door open and throwing back a, "I can take it from here".

Ben
Benjamin Littlewell made it his personal mission to cheer up his closest friend, the Prince Montague. He woke up, snuck into the kitchen, stole some of the morning pastries provided by the cooks, and marched up to Sebastian's chambers with a chessboard under one arm and a basket of goodies under the other.

"Wake up!" he exclaimed, throwing open the huge curtains in his room. "Little miss Princess will be here by the afternoon and I imagine your dear Lady Protector will be here within the hour. I challenge you to a rematch of wits."

He tossed the basket onto Sebastian's bed and moved over to one of the many tables in the room. He set up the chessboard as loudly as possible, ignoring any complaints Bash might've made. Ben glanced over at him. "How are you going to deal with the Princess Capulet living with us, Bash? Capulet on one side, Lisia on the other?" he raised an eyebrow at Bash.

He knew about the Prince's crush on his Lady Protector, if they could call it a crush at this point. He also knew that Sebastian had yet to tell Lisia about this. "You should at least tell Lis before you're married to a supposedly gorgeous princess, don't you think?"

Cori
Corinne relished in the growing sunlight heating up her face as she laid in the tall grass. She was alone with Elliot for a moment at least. Zianna was likely hovering nearby, probably keeping her secret, making up excuses. Cori plucked a wildflower out of the ground and tucked it behind her ear. "I wonder if we'll ever get to be alone again," she commented to Eli. "They might put me under lockdown at the castle. Wouldn't that be interesting? I could sneak out through my balcony to see you at night."

She knew it was a foolish thought. Bringing the stable boy along was likely the most foolish thing she'd ever done though. How was she supposed to get close to a prince when she knew the man she loved was less than a mile away? Prince Sebastian was likely a handsome man. Most woman would kill to be in her position, but... She glanced over at Eli and heat crawled into her face. But no one could compare to him. "We'll be in Montague territory soon. My father's enemies. Am I just a bargaining chip in the name of peace?"

Cori shook her head. Her father loved her. Her mother loved her. What if she never saw either of them again? This agreement would combine the two families, bring peace to Verona. This was a good opportunity.

B A S H
"Gah! What in the bloody..." Bash grumbled, letting his gruff tone trail off as he shot his best friend a look that might very well have been used to kill any other time. Sighing, Sebastian pushed himself up, propping his upper body up with his right elbow as he dragged his left hand through his messy dark hair, pushing past some of the morning kinks that always seemed to get in the way.

Letting the blanket fall away from him as he made his way over to the mahogany table that sat in the middle of his chambers to sit with his best friend, Seb gave an unintentional wince as the board slammed against the expensive-looking table creating a noise that echoed... in the prince's opinion, it could probably have been held all the way in the Capulet's castle. "Yeah, you got that right" Sebastian breathed at Benjamin's remark about telling Lisia, his long-time crush... and also bodyguard. Really, a bodyguard seemed unnecessary in his opinion, but he had been able to snag a beautiful friend out of it. Bash was a flirt... until he actually had feelings for someone, then his personality and words basically uttered to a complete halt of insensible rubbish that even the mightiest brains couldn't seem to decipher.

As the pieces were mindlessly set up, a task so routine that it took no thought at all, Sebastian chomped off a piece of a chocolatey pastry before tossing it back onto the plate. When the question came about how he would handle one, Sebastian just smirked "well, my dear, dear Benny" he teased "the more the merrier. Who in their right mind would avoid the company of a beautiful woman ... even if another has already won his heart, hmm?" the dark haired male questioned, raising his own eyebrow in response as he pushed a knight around the board. It should seem fairly evident that Bash's head was anywhere but in the game as he had repeatedly left his king open for check in the short time they had played this morning... something that would work out well for Mr. Littlewell no doubt, but would only tie the two friends back on their ever-persisting record of chess champion.

As the rather pale prince lifted his rough hand from the wooden chess piece he heard the all too familiar and always welcome voice of Lisia chastising the guards in front of his chambers. "Good morning, M'Lady" Bash called, giving a nod towards the beauty as the door was pushed open. He had to hold back a half-chuckle when she dismissed the guards that were commanded by his parents. "What brings you here so early, Lis. Are you as well going to prepare me for this new princess?" he joked half-heartedly. Today was a day he had been dreading for as long as it was planned. The ruggedly handsome prince had planned to confess his feelings to Lisia a while back, but alas, these new plans were drawn, the wrench was thrown, and the plans came a-crashin'... thus leading to Sebastian only having confided to Ben about his feelings.

Z I Z I
Zianna had been a bit fretful all morning. The young lady had already had to talk Corinne's way out of ... well... quite a lot ... and that was just this morning alone. Over the past month or so there had been far more questions than she would actually care to admit... and having been the daughter of a castle servant, Zianna had grown up with the princess in a way that made the young pauper seem almost like royalty... seeming like royalty also meant that all of the royalty within the Capulet's command new of her, and new that she was one of those closest to Cori... which was, indeed, true.

As the short brunette made her way down the palace hall for what seemed the hundredth time that day she felt a strong hand place on her shoulder. Turning in a pivot, Zianna allowed her blue gaze to follow the regal looking man's stance up to his concerned and caring face ... one that had seen many, many things over the years. Taking a half step back, Zizi curtsied quickly, trying to ignore the thumping of her heart that she was sure could be heard echoing through the walls as the young lady tried to find words that would make sense, any excuse really, for when the king asked where his daughter was. How was the nineteen year old supposed to lie to the girls father of all people! "Good afternoon your majesty" she greeted clearly, surprising herself. After her internal panic attack, Zi thought for sure she wouldn't have been talking at an audible level or even making sense for that matter. "Princess Corinne? No your majesty, the last I saw she was reading a book in her study just before I went out to water the rose bush we have been growing... and then I made way to finish packing for this journey we will be taking. I really do appreciate the responsibility you have given me sir" she smiled slightly, bowing her head once again as the king let out a sigh of what seemed to be almost desperation.

Zianna couldn't help from wringing her hands in anticipation and empathy... luckily they were clasped together behind her back while she waited to be dismissed or for his majesty, the king, to walk away. She loved her friend, and would do anything for Cori ... but she felt to be having a heart attack any time a person of high power questioned her about Princess Capulet's whereabouts.

Eventually King Capulet dismissed the girl from her position, saying that he would ensure one of the handmaidens finished up the last of the packing details for Cori so that Zianna could get to her own packing before leaving, and subsequently, arriving. "Thank you, sir" she murmured quietly, curtsying once more before retreating down the hall until she was certain she was out of sight. Cupping her hands around her eyes and nearly pressing them against the stained glass of the window, Zianna squinted, trying to see clearly out to the pasture where Cori and Elliot were. It appeared as though their time was spent. She knew her father would have a search party ... Cori's personal guard no doubt... out soon. Gathering the sparse folds of her sky blue dress in her hands, Zi made a run for it as fast as she could out the back, mostly hidden passage way... the one that was ever so seldom used.

Tumbling down next to Cori in the most clumsy and ungraceful way, Zianna took a few deep breathes as she looked back up towards the castle and readjusted the positioning she was in to stay perked up on her knees. "Corinne, Elliot, time to go. Your father stopped me for the third time, I'm afraid I may give you away on accident... he also told me to go pack... which means he'll be talking to my father in the basement any moment...I'll meet you two later on. Sorry I couldn't buy you any more time" Zianna breathed, obviously still out of breath as she rose back up to her feet and dipped her head to the romantic duo, sprinting off nearly just as soon as she had arrived. She hadn't even the time to stop at the stable and give her favorite horse, Charm, a goodbye pat as she made her way back to her father's [and her] living quarters without seeming like too much of a cray lady.

E L I
Elliot let out a content sigh as his light gaze traveled across the sky, taking in all the light and clouds as he let his left hand find Corrine's and let them slip comfortably into one another. It was a beautiful day, but their time was running out, and much faster than he would care to admit.

Smiling brightly when she plucked a wildflower and stuck it behind her ear, Eli couldn't help remembering their first 'date'... if you could call a spontaneous trail ride where they each let their feelings for one another spill simultaneously after he presented her with a flower not much different from the one she had just plucked up.

Rolling onto his left side and using his right arm to keep him balanced, the smile gracing his face turned upside down when the beauty beside him began to voice her worry. Reaching over to caress her cheek gently, Elliot allowed his tender touch to linger for only a moment as he let out the sigh he had been holding back, "Cori, we've figured it out before ... we'll figure it out again. I'll always be there for you. Even if you do have to promise your soul to some hoity-toity prince of the Montague kind, you will always be my princess... even if I have to wait forever" the sandy-haired young man promised, staring at her intently, waiting to make sure she would be okay.

Elliot knew deep down that he could never really be with his one true love ... it was too good a dream to ever actually come true. At one point in time it may have been possible, before the arrangements had been made, but this was for the good of both countries. What if the Montague sir also had a lover? It wouldn't quite be fair to either of the royals, but, just as Princess Corinne posed her question about being no more than a pawn in a game, Elliot felt his head slowly bob back and forth in the slightest yes motion. "My love, that is the fate the two of you share. You are both unfortunate to be of the royal variety... less freedom than even the servants and poorest of us" he breathed gently, unable to hide the words or sadness coming out of them.

Sitting up easily as Zianna came, practically, crashing down ontop of his princess, Elliot's eyes widened and he quickly glanced around them, keeping a hand lightly on Cori's shoulder to keep her laying still ... if she was here it probably wasn't a good thing, and if there were guards nearby it would be best to keep the princess hidden. Relaxing slightly as Zianna delivered her message then ran off again, he let out his caught breath and stood up, reaching his large hands down to grasp Corinne's and help her up. "Come, Zianna is right. We should all be going. I need to ensure the horses are taken care of and that those helping watch them are still up for the task. Go back safetly, try to find a path your father would expect you to take" he added quickly, planting a soft and quick kiss on her forehead before watching her go. Once Elliot Lewis was positive that she would make it back well he turned and went back towards the stables as well.

Lisia
"Good morning, milord," she replied as she looked around the room. Chess? Really?

She frowned at the open curtains and glanced back to the two boy- men. Two men. She yanked the door shut and laughed at Bash's comment. "Do I look like a maid to you, Bash?" she questioned with a roll of her eyes.

Lisia only referred to the Prince as Bash behind closed doors. Unfortunately, due to the fact that she was a woman, many already assumed the worst of her. That she was a mistress, a plaything for the Prince. Although, it did baffle her why Bash never made an attempt at courting her, no matter how fruitless his efforts may have been. At least every knight in the castle and some visiting lords had made their attempts.

"I came early to remind you that even if a verbal agreement has been made, no official documents have declared a truce between the Montagues and the Capulets," she pulled a chair up to the table and lazily moved one of Bash's pieces to take out Ben's rook. "Be careful, okay? You're the only heir to the throne and..."

She paused, her hand hovering over the piece she just moved. "And your life is of value to all under the Montague house."

She nodded and tousled her hair, a habit she really needed to get out of. Lis pushed herself to her feet. "Well, I'll go wait for your steward outside then. Maybe you could actually dress like a proper prince for once?" she teased.

She started to walk away, but momentarily leaned over his shoulder and stole another one of Ben's pieces. Outside, she leaned against the closed door for a moment. What was she going to say back there? And you're important to me... She shook her head. What was wrong with her? He was her Prince. Her future sovereign. Nothing more.

Ben
Ben scratched the back of his neck, trying to figure out how in the hell she managed to take two of his pieces. Maybe he wasn't really into the game today. Bash obviously wasn't. He glanced up at his friend, hoping not to find a starstruck little boy. "She's right, you know. They haven't formed an actual written contract," he moved a pawn idly. "That comes with the marriage."

He reached for a croissant and stuffed it into his mouth. "She seemed a little out of it," he commented. "Maybe she's in love with you, eh? You could run away to England or something. Live as farmers."

He glanced up when Sebastian's steward entered, throwing a weird look back at Lisia. He rolled his eyes when Bash easily finished the game, "I should get back. Father's probably planned out everything we're doing until the princess arrives."

He paused at the door, "Oh, and this match doesn't count, by the way. Lis ruined it."

He glanced at Lis for a moment as he passed, but didn't say anything. They didn't talk much and if she wasn't his bodyguard, he doubted they would ever cross paths. Still, this whole "will they, won't they" crap was starting to annoy him. He waved back to her and walked back to his room.

Cori
Cori wanted to suggest running away. England was nice, wasn't it? They could be farmers! She hated herself for even thinking of such a thing. Her loyalty was to Verona and the Capulets, even if she didn't want it to be so. Why couldn't she be born a servant girl? They could've had a conventional wedding. She could be the mother of his children. Oh, their children would've been so adorable.

Eli was right. They would figure this out. She blinked at Zizi when she collapsed next to her. She sighed at having her time with Eli cut short, but a small smile crossed her face. Corinne was lucky to have such a loyal friend.

After Eli kissed her on the forehead, she hurriedly picked some more wildflowers as an excuse for being outside before making her way back to the castle. "Corinne Capulet," a sharp voice said and Cori's heart pounded against her chest as her mother came into view. Marion's face softened. "Is this really the time to be picking flowers, sweet girl?"

Cori glanced at the flowers in her hands before looking back up at her mother with the sweetest smile she could muster, "I wanted to make a crown. For the trip."

"You'll be wearing your actual crown, darling," Marion stepped forward and tucked one of her daughter's stray hairs behind her ear. "What is troubling you, my dear. You only pick wildflowers on important days, like this one.

"Um..." Cori's grip tightened around the flowers in her hands. Of course she only picked wildflowers on important days. She was always with Eli on important days. Her debut ball. Her birthday. Today.

"I know you don't want this, dear. All of the other Capulets have been allowed to marry for love, so why are you denied the choice?"

That was a good question. Why was she denied the simplest of choices? Because the Kings said so? "This is for the good of Verona and for the good of the Capulets," Marion reminded her, gripping her daughters shoulders. "And who knows? You may fall for the Prince. He is quite handsome and charming and intelligent!"

Cori looked up at her mother, "And if I don't?"

Marion released her, "We can't all have happy endings, Corinne."

B A S H
Bash half-squinted towards Lisia as she responded to his greeting, not saying anything in response as he watched the figure pull a chair over and join in on, what he could only imagine her thinking of as some childish game. After she seemingly took over for him, Sebastian found himself lounging back in the wooden structure holding him up and using his long legs to prop the chair up on it's hind ones, the semi-free feeling of half floating and half falling all at once was a favorite of his... always had been, even since his childhood.

"Good move, Lis" he commented lazily, trying to avoid the turn of the conversation towards the days scheduled activity... one that seemed to include doom, doom and more doom. "I'm sure that won't last long. This verbal agreement has been in place for what feels like ages. Perhaps I can only hope she is as pretty and lively as you" Bash sighed, mindlessly playing with the rook that Lisia had taken from Ben. It should be almost blatantly obvious that he had just let the word tumble out of his mouth before he could catch them... especially with the faint reddening spreading over his face, neck and hands. Yes, Sebastian was a flirt, and yes, he had flirted with Lisia in the past, but it had always been in a calculated way... this... well, this hadn't been something he had expected to say. Not in that way and not at that time.

When the blonde began speaking again, Sebastian directed his light gaze at her as she paused to think of her words. Obviously, Lisia was far too genius to let the feelings he hoped she harbored for him slip as he had almost completely done only moments prior. With the faintest nod of his head, Sebastian brought the wooden chair back to its natural resting position "of course ... milady" he smirked, cracking a smile at the words that had gotten him ever so mildly reprimanded a little while earlier.

As she left, Bash heard another voice droning in on him and re-directed his attention to that of his best friend. The twenty-two year old prince had momentarily forgot Benjamin Littlewell was still in the room, having been rather quiet all the while Lis was present. As the dark haired man fiddled with the pieces 'he' had captured mindlessly he let out another sigh "Aye, England would be great or Ireland or, well, anyplace other than Verona I'd venture. Shame I doubt either of us would want to farm. I just wish she was the other princess" Bash confessed as he moved his knight in what seemed a far too easily won game before Ben stood to leave. "Perhaps my father would rather have you for the princess" he smirked, knowing that his words were all nonsense "we will compete at the wits again on a not so strange day" he agreed lightly before standing up as the door closed behind his friend.

Sighing and arching his back in a stretch, Sebastian stifled a tremendous yawn and began pushing through his clothing, grumbling quietly to himself about 'dressing like a prince'. Where was the fun in that?! Eventually he settled on his fancier, more politically welcoming outfit... it also happened to be one of the most uncomfortable. How in the world did some people were tights on a daily basis?

Strutting out of the large white wood doors from his room in his outfit [at least the shoes were comfortable... for now], Sebastian gave a quick dip of his head to the steward as he followed closely, motioning for Lis to come as well... not that he needed to motion her... she was expected to follow no matter what.

Z I Z I
"Oh my" Zianna breathed heavily as she pushed the door to the living quarter's she shared with her father open and crept in as quietly as she could. Looking around she bit down on her bottom lip, displeased with herself. There was still so much to get done... and in such little time! Hopefully her father would be able to cope without her... and hopefully Zianna would be allowed to travel between the two territories every so often to visit... after all, she wasn't the one being betrothed. Sighing softly as she slumped down to the ground, beginning to pick up some things that fell before going to retrieve the broom, Zianna felt the thoughts of never finding love or raising a family, or even being able to provide for her father when he was old, begin to prick at her busy mind as she used the repetitive and perfected motion of sweeping to distract herself from the negative thoughts. Love... well, it wasn't for everyone.

Once the floor was swept and the two small windows the room had were cleaned to allow plenty of light in, Zizi re-adjusted the water kettle on the fire and let out a breath of relief as she moved a pile of half-sewn garments off a chair to reveal her mother's traveling bag. It wasn't in the greatest condition, but it was still presentable enough to travel with ... and Cori wasn't one to judge Zizi after all. Humming softly to herself as she shuffled through the things she owned [or had been lent then given due to her friendship with the princess], Zianna expertly folded everything that needed to be brought, including two quilts and a pair of old boots for when it became cold. As she pulled the bag closed and draped it over her shoulder, Zianna mindlessly fiddled with her necklace. It was simple, and gave away the fact that she was no royal, but it was special to her, something she never did remove and always ensured to keep protected.

Just as she was about to close the doors to their quarter behind her she heard a gruff cough and spun on her heel, beaming brightly at the man now in front of her as she allowed herself to be pulled into a bear hug "goodbye daddy. I'll write as soon as we get there. It's a short trip. I love you" the short teen breathed. She hated the thought of leaving her only living family member behind, but as fate would have it, she didn't have much more of a choice. After a brief and bittersweet goodbye, Zizi trekked back up to the main portion of the castle to wait for Corrine. They would need to be going soon, and there was no doubt in her mind that Elliot was probably set to go already.

E L I
"Let's go Charm, steady boy. Good, take it easy now, no need to give Charles so much trouble. I'm sure your favorite person will not be forever. Just remember her" Elliot said gently, stroking the uppity black and white horses large muzzle ina rythmic motion. If there was anything in particular that Eli didn't need to be covered in today it was manure and horse hair... so far he had failed at both of those. "Hey, Markus, mind getting me that spare bucket. We still got the water in it, don't we?" he asked in less-than-perfect speech. Elliot was always used to be much more proper with Corrine ... it wasn't anything intentional, no thought even was necessary. Elliot always found imself speaking with much more elegance when he was in the presence of her ... or, well, really anyone other than the two other young men who worked in the fairly large stable with him.

As the bucket was placed down next to him, cold river water sloshing over the sides, Elliot glanced around the fancy stalls and shrugged, a hard brush would need to do. Using the thicker bristled brush, Eli dunked his boots in the water before lifting them out and scrubbing with the brush until the literally crap had vanished. Though he was still standing in his stocking feet in the middle of the stable, Eli placed the boots in the sun so they might dry a bit more before wearing them once more... after all, the wetness would only cause bruises and blisters... neither of which were needed. Picking up the heavy wooden bucket, Elliot dumped it into the pit at the back of the stables and let out a long, low sigh as he stood there for a moment, letting thoughts flood his mind. Not even a year ago he and Cori had been gushing over what their lives would be like one day. She would be queen, he would have been the king [something he didn't care much to take the title of... but if it meant being with Corrine, then it would have been worth it], they would have had a few princes and princesses running around, everything would have been absolutely perfect... and in mere moments all of those dreams went from possibility to impossible.

Snapping back to reality, Elliot noticed the sun in a slightly different position and turned on his still bare feet to go back across te stable. "Don't go wrecking things you two. If Charm decides to start doing his thing just put him outside. He'll stick around... possibly nose around the bushes near Day's windows to look for her, but he'll be fine." Eli reiterated one last time as he was ushered out, still in the midst of pulling his boot on. As he made his way to make the journey, Elliot glanced down at himself ... well, he still might be covered in the soft and fuzzy horse hairs, but at least he wasn't tracking horse poo around with him any longer.

Reactions: Felilla
Lisia
The anticipation hung in the throne room in a heavy cloud. It had been many years since a Capulet set foot in the Montague castle, let alone the Crown Princess. Lisia hovered behind Sebastian, her hand on her hip, her fingers not quite brushing the hilt of her sword. She glanced at Bash and offered him a small, discreet smile and a nod. This was going to be alright. Everything was going to turn out fine. He was going to marry the Princess and she... She was going to keep protecting him.

Nothing was really going to change, right? She looked away from him, unable to stop the frown that tugged at her lips. The sound of trumpets exploded from every angle and Lis straightened up, forcing a serious, neutral expression onto her face. The expression of a soldier. Of a Protector.

The doors opened and her heart sank. The Princess really was beautiful in every way that Lisia was not. Where Lis's features were hard and angular, Princess Corinne's were soft and delicate. Where Lis was as tall and muscular as Bash, the Princess was petite and womanly. The Princess's eyes flitted over to her and she suddenly felt very self-conscious. She glanced at Bash, anticipating his reaction to the pretty, young Princess.

Ben
Ben shamelessly flirted with Lady Helena, a pretty young thing, recently widowed as he waited for the introductions to begin. The entire Montague court had been crammed into the throne room in anticipation for this moment and Ben lounged against the railings of one of the balconies overlooking the chambers. He'd managed to slip away from his father if only until the end of the ceremony. He was expected to chaperone Bash's interactions with the Princess after this. They were going to go on a walk through the castle, apparently and Princey was going to show her around.

He chuckled at a joke Helena made as the trumpets sounded and the doors opened. The Princess stood in front of the door with wide eyes. Ben found himself a little entranced. They weren't lying. She was beautiful. She jolted before stepping delicately into the room as a hush fell over the crowd. Ben's eyes glided away from her, over to Marion Capulet, the Queen of Capulet. She looked quite a lot like her daughter. His eyes finally settled on the woman behind both of them, the Princess's maid? She was pretty and intelligent-looking. He smirked.

Cori
Anxiety twisted in Cori's stomach all the way to the Montague castle. She stared out the window of the carriage glumly, ignoring any efforts her mother or Zizi made to engage her attention. Her beautiful crown sat in the box next to her, the most secure place to keep it, seeing as their carriage was surrounded by Capulet guards in their bright red uniforms, the crest of her house emblazoned across their chests. Only a handful would remain with her at the Montague Castle. She had Zizi, her guards, a handful of maids, and of course, her loyal stableboy. The thought of him brought a faint smile to her lips, a smile that happened to appear when the ostentatious stone castle of Montague came into view.

Her mother squealed and leaned out the window. The castle was indeed very beautiful, but Cori already longed for the smaller, more modest halls of her home.

They were all but rushed out of the carriage and down the halls to the throne room. Cori didn't have time to admire the velvet curtains or the woven rugs. She didn't get to pause to look at the gardens or glance at the stables. She didn't even have time to share a glance with Elliot. They stopped outside of the throne room doors and her mother and Zianna fussed over her gown and her curls and her crown. She barely even registered what was really going on.

And then the doors swung open, revealing the beautiful throne room. Two tall silver chairs, on which King and Queen Montague sat. Her eyes darted to the young man standing behind the King. The Prince and her eyes temporarily flitted over to the woman hovering behind him, a sword at her side. A lady protector? Someone prodded her back and she stepped into the room.

B A S H
As soon as he had stepped foot out of his chambers, Sebastian regretted it. Immediately he was swarmed by court officials and other various high-placing members of his parent's kingdom as they suddenly seemed to have a million last minute tasks to accomplish. Taking a deep breath, the dark haired man of twenty-two let it out in almost a growl as he concentrated on his breathing. "Please, Lady Moria, the decision is not mine to make. You will have to ask my parents for the matter. As will most of you. Now if you would, Lady Carvson and I must head for the throne room. Princess Capulet will arrive soon. Sir Arthur, Sir Nicodemus, Sir Bragdon" He paused once the majority crowding them had departed much the same as they had swarmed and addressed the three other knights at his liege. "You three are free to attend to other matters as well. I am well protected and in no danger here nor will we get lost on the hike to the Throne room I assure you." he breathed out as leisurely as possible, straightening his shoulders as he watched them leave, an occasional wary glance tossed back at them. Both himself and his wonderful friend were more than skilled in their weaponry... and there really wasn't much to be afraid of. It was just a princess and her attendings.

He was not nervous in the least... or so, he didn't think he was nervous. Bash had never truly felt this feeling before though. It was an odd feeling, somewhat like he had somehow swallowed a few butterflies and now they seemed to be fluttering about in his stomach. His murky eyes glazing slightly, Sebastian did his best to ignore the new feelings... they were ... far from pleasant, to say the least.

Walking through the large and intricate doors that surrounding guards opened as the duo approached, Seb bowed briefly to his mother and father. King Leinus and Queen Asta smiled and beckoned them forward. Of course this was unnecessary as it was expected anyway. Finding his way behind the two large thrones, Sebastian took his place standing between the two, much like his Lady Protector, Sebastian's own hand, his left to be precise, brushed against the hilt of his sword, always a relief to know it was there with him... especially when he needed to be present in such formal and uncomfortable attire. Looking to Lisia as the doors were pulled open to allow the Capulet's in, he returned the small smile silently before returning his attention to the new arrivals as well. This was the start to the rest of his life, something he should be undeniably happy about... but, he wasn't.

As the head guard introduced the Queen and Princess of the Capulet household, Sebastian felt himself tensing as he let his gaze rake over all of them. Princess Corrine was quite fair in her own rite, but she was not the beautiful and brave protector standing next to him. The knowledge that he still had not managed to tell his protector and friend how he truly felt weighing heavier than ever on his heart as he walked down the room mere steps behind his parents as they left to introduce themselves to the capulets. Bowing at the waist, his right hand behind his back and left in front of him as he greeted the party after his parents. Sometimes being a royal was a pain in the royal arse. Straightening up the young man, who stood at ever-so-slightly over six feet, stopped in front of the Princess. "My Lady" he said softly, forcing himself to make eye contact. "It is a pleasure to meet in person" he said gently before taking a step back. Along with the Princess was another female, she seemed delicate yet not at the same time. Judging from her appearance she was not a younger princess, but most likely a lady-in-waiting or hand-maiden of sorts. The visiting Queen reminded him strangely of his own mother.

What was he to do now? Glancing back at Lisia ever so briefly, Sebastian did his earnest to not reveal any feelings. "If you all are not too tired after your journey, good Sir Littlewell and myself would be glad to give you a proper tour. Lady Lisia, if you would do the honors of escorting us" he asked upon clearing his throat to get the attention of those around him ... though he mainly was concerned with the two people he already knew.

Z I Z I
It was times like these, when the tiny brunette was climbing up seemingly endless flights of stairs carrying a light but fairly large and very worn travel bag, that she was most relieved to not belong to the royal class. Though she and her father surely would have perished by now had the Capulet's not offered them shelter in return for service, Zianna could hardly imagine the heartache her dearest friend was dealing with in not being allowed to pursue her own future.

Once aboard the carriage, Zianna took her place across from the two royals. For a long while herself and Marion Capulet went back and forth, doing everything they could to engage the gloomy princess ... but it wasn't any use. Eventually Lady Day gave up and focused on the views coming through from the windows. She hadn't intentionally given up ... but the young lady had a history of carriage-related sickness. To contain her sickly feelings, Zianna had to do her best to completely clear her mind and just pray that Elliot got them to their destination soon. She hadn't thought to visit the royal physician for a herbal remedy as the trip was expected to not take long... but she seemed to have misguided herself through hope. A thing that was really quite uncharacteristic for her.

Eventually, Zianna had to resort to leaning her head back against the padded, enclosed walls of the carriage and closing her eyes. She felt awful physically and emotionally... not just from feeling sick, but she felt unreliable and unprofessional as well. When the carriage drew to a stop and she finally got out following the royals, Zizi felt her cheeks reddening as she made a hasty apologize of her behaviour in the carriage before following the party down through the halls of the new castle. Helping the Queen to adjust any minor details, including placing the crown straightly upon her daughter's head. "You will be okay. I'll be there for you, as will Eli. Don't fret" she whispered quiet as a mouse when she found herself perched close to the princess' ear.

Swallowing nervously as the giant doors to the throne room were opened to allow entry, Zianna was shocked when her feet followed behind the royals, she had been almost certain she would be glued in place. Stopping just a few feet behind and slightly to the right of Corrine, Zizi allowed her hazel gaze to take in the scene in front of her. The room itself was just as magnificent as the exterior portion of the castle she had seen. It seemed the Montague's were fans of extravagance... something Zianna found both intriguingly breathtaking and horribly frightening. The Capulet's palace was surely more than grand... was it not? She had never dreamed anything could be done on an even larger scale. Gaze first directing itself to the king and queen, then young man standing between the older couple seated in the thrones, Zianna felt herself sizing the prince up. Judging from the almost perfectly mixed resemblance from the King and Queen, he was the Prince Corrine was intended to. Though he was no doubt easy on the eyes, he looked... practiced. Almost as though this was something he had spent endless hours rehearsing in front of a vanity. He spoke smoothly and played his part well... but something just felt amiss to her. Potentially it was just her feelings that the Princess was being forced once again though. After all, she had made her support of the relationship between the Princess and her Stable Boy known to the former on many an occasion.

Letting her gaze continue along, she noticed a young woman standing next to him... and she wasn't sporting any particular outfit befitting as a lady of the court. In fact, she looked almost... like a guard. Snapping back to reality at the realization that a prince would choose a woman to guard him... something nearly unheard of (at least it was unheard of in her book until the partakings of today), Zianna also realized they were being introduced. When her best friend was announced and a moment had passed, the brunette, slightly puzzled nudged her back gently to move her onward. There was no doubt she was also lost in her own mind.

As she eventually allowed her gaze to move onward once more, Zianna felt the unshakable feeling of eyes on her. Allowing her own eyes to stop on the likes of a noble-appearing male she narrowed her eyes. Why on earth was the young man looking at her. She had noticed him briefly when they entered. He seemed a bit conceited, or perhaps just flirty ... but regardless, that was not of matter. Pulling her gaze away she mentally scolded herself for wanting to return her gaze to him.

When the prince came over she looked him over again ... he was being courteous, but she still didn't know enough to feel comfortable about him. It was not her place to answer his question. Looking to Cori and her mother, Zi waited for their answer, prepared for whatever the decision would be. Hopefully Elliot would be able to join them soon ... assuming someone helped to have him navigate to them from the stables.

E L I
Having been granted permission to personally deliver them to the home of the Montague's was certainly the highlight of Elliot's career so far. It was an honor bestowed upon very few... and this was no doubt without thanks to his love. As he urged the three carriage horses steadily onward, the looming castle growing closer as they closed the distance hoofbeat by hoofbeat, Elliot felt his grip on the rein's tighten, turning his already pale knuckles even paler. Since they met he had loved the princess, and he had planned to ask her to be his intended... he had thought he was going to do it very soon possibly... but as soon as the plans drawn from this were establish and revealed, Elliot wiped the thought of asked for her hand from his mind as best he could. Even if everyone was opposed to the plan now, there was no doubt it would stay that way. For a man not to swoon for a person as fair and kind as Corrine would seem impossible, and if the rumors he heard to be true were just, it would be unheard of for any lady not to fall for a prince like Sir Sebastian.

Pulling the horses to a stop in front of the castle, Elliot watched as the doorman helped all of the carriage passengers out. He wished to be able to leave his position where he sat on his small bench, holding the reins in a delicately firm manner, but the horses would likely run off if he did. "Good luck, Princess" he said gently but loud enough for his words to be heard. He had more at heart... but would need to hold his tongue until they could meet again.

Watching until the group was out of sight, Elliot clicked his tongue and gave the reins a soft crack, slowly following the path as instructed. Plodding down around past the gardens and courtyards to what seemed like an open meadow. Elliot pulled the carriage to a halt outside of the immaculate stables and thanked the stable hands who came to help unload himself and his horses. The sandy haired young man was given an in-depth tour of the stable and instructed as to where the Capulet steeds would be housed along with their equipment. There was plenty of information, and he was grateful to be given the tour, but finally they would be able to reconvene with the members inside the palace walls. Following behind the guards and stable hands that had taken it upon themselves to show him the way, Elliot looked around as he walked, surprise coursing through him each time his arm brushed the scabbard holding his sword. He continually forgot he had it attached to him .. and in truth, Eli would probably be of little use with such a weapon... but the King had insisted he wear it throughout the journey, in case of theives or anything, just to stay prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.