Stakes and Silver Bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isis kept a straight face as the two talked. She glances back at Raven as she followed Ivory. Turning her head so she wouldn't look at the vampire, she watched Ivory. "Tribe Healer? What a wonderful rank to hold in a tribe. Though your work must constantly keep you on alert." She said as she studied Ivory with slight curiosity.

Through her life she's only met a small handful if Healers so she never knew much about them. She thought there job was fascinating but she knew it wasn't for her. She was more of a fighter and a hunter than she was a nurturer. But she always had a deep respect and admiration or Healers and there work.

Ivory was caught off-gaurd by Isis' compliment and smiled slightly. "Really, there is no intention to brag, but being Healer is wonderful. It's more than just licking wounds, being Healer allows better connections with wolf spirits and ancestors of the Tribe of Stars. Surely you must know this, being from a tribe?"

It felt nice, being able to explain her ways to a member of another tribe, even if she did know the Healer role in a tribe. It wasn't every day Ivory was flattered. She was respected among her tribe, yes, but not every member was interested in Healer work, except for the occasional pup.

She rubbed the back of her neck almost uncomfortably at the question. "I don't know as much about them as a wolf should. I've only heard a few story's from the tribes I've visited." She let out a slight laugh. "But I know all the fallen wolves live there," she glances at the sky as she spoke, "and I've only heard a few story's about the great wolves up there. But it's fascinating that Healers have the opportunity to be so close to them."

She smiles politely and listened closely to the healer. A few questions sparked in her head. "How young were you when you decide to be a healer? If you don't mind me asking you." She said hesitantly. She looked ahead as they walked, sniffing the air.

The forest was lit up magnificently by the moon and star's glow. Ivory couldn't think of a better time to walk among Mother Nature, sharing her beliefs with a new wolf. Weaving around great oaks and birches, Ivory led the way towards camp while happily chatting with Isis.

"When I was half way through apprenticeship..." Ivory started, thinking back to the days of her apprenticeship, many years ago, "...was when I decided to follow the path of The Stars. As a pup, I was bound and determined that I would be the meanest warrior of them all. I vowed to tear apart every vampire I met and defend my tribe's territory with every drop of blood. Hunters were too patient in my opinion, Pup-Mothers were too gentle, and Healers too spiritual. Alpha was what I wanted." Ivory chuckled at the memory of her younger and more aggressive self, "But one day during training, a war broke out.."

She looks at Ivory. "A war..?" Though she already guessed what may have happened. Isis assumed poor Ivory saw something terrible. Or something terrible happened to her that altered her dream of being a warrior to being a Healer. But either way, she was frankly quite happy the wolf was fine an lived to follow The Stars.

Yet, curiosity got the best of her and she decided to see if she could find out what changed young Ivorys mind. "What happened in the war that made you change your mind..?"

Sending an amused glance at Isis, Ivory smiled. "It's nothing like a tragic death of a family member. I just remember seeing all the wolves hurt, bleeding, injured." Ivory made a turn as the undergrowth thinned out.

"I got bit by a vampire." Ivory stated blandly, "It got infected, everyone thought I was a goner. Unlucky for them, I pipped back up again." Ivory's cheerfulness was back again as she continued. "Our healer at the time, Gavin, nursed me back to health. I was so fascinated by the powers of medicines. Gavin had taught me a little bit and I helped him around the den when I was good enough, but I was eager to start fighting again.

He was hesitant to do so, but Gavin gave me permission to fight once again and I was so excited! By now, all my friends had learned many more battle techniques and seemed much more aggressive. I found myself relating less and less to what used to be my best friends, and I found myself winded in battle, I couldn't keep up."

Ivory sniffed the air and paused. "Gavin became sick, and who's going to take care of a sick healer? No one knew what to do, but I did. I found it a good opportunity to excuse myself from war. I nursed Gavin the same as he did for me. He taught me even more when he was well enough and when I turned 14, Muskeegon granted me the rank of Healer's Apprentice."

Ivory ducked under a bush and motioned for Isis to follow. "I've been happy with my decision ever since. Now keep humble and don't make stupid threats. I like you, but not enough to take on my whole tribe for you, got it?"

This time she gave the amused glance. "I have no interest in fighting vampires and I have even less interest in fighting my own kind. I may be a warrior, but I'm not bloodthirsty. I would much rather keep peace the best I could before I allow people to fight one another. To me, it all is just nonsense."

She gave a small chuckle and smiles at Ivory. "The only thing I have on my mind if figure out who destroyed my tribe. I'll most likely try to rebuild it after that."

She spoke, but he had a distant gaze in he eyes. The gaze grew slightly cold and harsh. Really, she had a urge to get revenge for her clan but the more rational side Of her knew getting revenge wouldn't bring her tribe back to her.

She rubs her eyes, trying to wipe away the look in her eyes. She looks up at the moon, then back at Ivory. "Is Gavin an elder now, or is he gone now?" She asked out of curiosity.

Asia was an loner more than anything. She looked out for herself and took orders from nobody. She fought her own war against vampires and was always alone. She thought the best way to channel herself was though meditation. One day maybe she would join a tribe, if it was worth joining that is. Asia peered though her long lanky brown hair as she explored the new territory, looking for her own kind. It never seemed to surprise Asia that some supernatural creatures lived in every place she had visited. Always on guard she continued to make her way to find safety and shelter for the time being.
(I hope this is okay let me know if it's not)

Isis tilts her head to the side, sniffing the air. She caught the sent of another wolf, but she didn't smell like part of the tribe. She was a visitor like Isis and hopefully a friendly one. She was growing tired and would much rather not have an unfriendly encounter like when she met the vampire girl.

Her ice blue eye swept over in the direction the scent came from. She decided not to make a big scene since she figured if the wolf wanted company it could find it's own way over here to make friends.

As she considered her options, she also knew if the wolf wasn't friendly it could be fairly easy to defeat it. They were, after all, traveling back to the heart of the tribe and she figured enough wolves were there to outnumber the loner.

Though, ultimately, weather she was kind or not was none if her concern. This wasn't her tribe and they were fully capable of taking care of things on there own. Even though she didn't like the idea of other getting hurt it really all boiled down to weather Isis was willing to put her life on the line for something that wasn't her fight.

Asia picked up the scent of another wolf.. no two wolves she thought. Asia was on the alert as she approached the other wolf. "I'm Asia.. I mean you no harm." She said cautiously. Some wolves were nicer than others, Asia learned that the hard way, thinking back to the wolf who had left a large scar on her hip when she was young and naive. Most say this power was a blessing.. a gift.. Asia learned it was a curse.. and it trapped her into a life of loneliness and caution at all times. She never felt safe. She'd give anything to be like other teenage girls, but she wasn't and she figured she'd never be. Looking into the wolves eyes she gave a small smile as a means of saying she didn't wish to cause any harm, only to pass by peacefully.

Her icy blue eyes made contact with the wolf named Asia. "Greetings. I am Isis, from the Shadow Ice tribe... It's a pleasure to meet you." She said, speaking in her usual formal tone she used for all strangers.

She turned to face Asia, studying the wolf slightly. "You must be a loner, correct? Your scent doesn't give off a disting smell of a tribe member.. It's mixed, like a loner." She gave a small smile and held out her hand. "Interesting.."

She always found it interesting to see young wolves becoming loners. She never really pressed on why though, since often times when she did she found the reason linked to some tragic story or a boring tale of rebellion.

"Are you here seeking a place to spend the night as well?" She asked, her head tilting to the side and her black hair falling lightly over her face hiding the cold uncomfortable look her blue eyes held no matter how friendly she tried to appeare.

Asia gave a nod. In a formal sort of tone she answered. "Ah I've heard much of your tribe Isis" Nodding silently at her comment on Asia's scent and answered with a quiet "I have no tribe" She regained her poise and said "I am indeed in need of shelter, if only just for tonight I would be very grateful.." Shaking Isis' hand firmly.

Asia's story was a tragic one, to Asia at least. Her parents had been murdered by a new tribe and the remaining tribal members were forced to flee, to find a new tribe or set off as a lone wolf. Asia wanted to settle down but could never seem to find the right tribe. Her trust issues didn't allow for much contact. Asia somewhat hated herself and her lack of trust for others, she longed to be log somewhere again, almost as a child longs for affection from a parent.

Asia's dark blue eyes met Isis' icy eyes and she looked away as not to offend or challenge the new wolf.

She blinked, slightly surprised. "My tribe.. You've heard of it?" She narrowed her eyes at the girl to study her. She took a few steps closer to Asia. "How much of them have you heard..?" She asked in a hushed voice so Ivory couldn't listen.

Even though Isis was a fairly kind wolf and her intentions on finding out what had happened was pure, her tribe was quote known for being ruthless. She knew her tribe had quite a bloody history of conquering other tribes and making others work for them. In the human world, her tribe was a gang that spread out or did dirty work such as being hit men and so on.

Though the months before they were destroyed, they were calm. They didn't bother doing most the things they were use to. Though on reality, they were planning something. Though she could never bring herself to think of it.

So at the mention of someone knowing about her tribe, she stiffened and grew more alert and even concerned. If one wolf remembered her tribe, it could compromise her intentions of rebuilding her tribe into being far more kind and peaceful. She didn't want her tribe to be hated, she wanted to make it almost like sanctuary for all lost or line wolves to start over.

Asia's eyes narrowed as she stiffened and walked towards her. "I've only heard that they were a strong tribe, that is all" she lied easily and smiled to try to calm Isis down. "All is fine Isis" she out her hands up to signal to back off. Asia's dark brown hair fell into her eyes as she looked around the forest. "So.. Are they're any vampires around?" She asked. Asia Couldn't stand the blood suckers and any excuse to let her anger out she would take.

She watches the girl for a moment before she sighs a little in relief and jerks her chin east. "There. A vampire clan rest just east of here. We ran into one of there people not long ago, but she must be long gone by now." She said and took a step away.

She began to relax, but she still stayed alert. She feared this wolf might bring back up the rumors of her clan and could compromise her plans.

Isis just decided she should stay friendly and try not to do anything that could make her seem threatening to Asia. The nicer she was, the more hope she had for her wolf sanctuary.

Asia sensed the wolf was calmer now and Asia seemed to relax as best she could. She was always on the alert and could never truly relax, even when she slept she slept on alert ready to strike at any minute. "Ah I see, so do you happen to know of any tribes taking in new wolves.. I'd really like to try settling down, being a lone wolf is very depressing most of the time..." She said as she glanced down and started making designs of her old tribes symbols in the soft dirt of the forest floor.

It took her a moment to answer before she looked at her. "Well I was planning on rebuilding one soon. Though, I first would like to find out what happened to my people before I build my tribe. But other then that, I don't really know of any tribes. Maybe Ivorys clan is taking some in..?" She asked.

She doubted that Asia would take up her offer though. Knowing about her past tribe might give her the wrong idea. Though she hopped Asia would be a little more open minded about her offer.

Asia nodded in understandment, her brown hair moved as her head did. "What do you think happened to your tribe, if you don't mind me asking." Asia inquired, sometimes her curiosity got the best of her. Maybe it was her desire to hang on to her childish ways or maybe it was her trying to grow up and ask the right questions. Asia never really knew. "I would be willing to help you find out, If you would like.."

She turned to the other girl. "I've been rude my apologies, I'm Asia.. I take it you are Ivory?" She quickly took in the other girl, quite pretty actually, but then again so was Isis. All wolves seemed to have natural good lucks, Asia guessed it was a perk to the way of life of a wolf. Speaking of looks Asia couldn't even remember what she looked liked. Probably horrible no doubt, dirty, bruised, dried blood on her tanned skin. She almost felt embarrassed in front of the two girls. When was the last time Asia had looked in the mirror? Now that she couldn't remember. When she was a child she always felt pretty, now not so much. Asia was underfed, dirty, hadn't showered in probably weeks. She tried wiping the dirt off her arms.

Isis stayed quiet. She thought many times and always imagined way of how her ruthless clan was brought down.

She pictured the human version, where an opposing human gang managed to kill them in a fight over power, but she often ruled that option out. In the human world, her tribe ruled by fear. If they couldn't kill in a human form they'd frighten them by releasing wolves on the humans.

She also thought of the vampire option, where her tribe pestered a nearby clan of vampires enough for them to go seek revenge and bring down the clan. Which was a great possibility, but she heard rumors that some of the higher ups in her tribe often did dirty work for vampires and traded information for power and territory.

Then there was always the werewolf option, where the tribes her tribe conquered turned and got fed up with being pushed around which was also a great possibility.

She shrugs, there was always a 4th option but she hated to think of it. So instead, she replied "I have no idea what could have happened. And I would love to have you help me, company would be nice on my journey."

Ivory dipped her head to the new wolf. It wasn't everyday you were given the honor of meeting one, let alone two, new wolves. "You are correct, as in I'm Ivory. It's an honor to meet you Asia." Ivory stood up straight and turned to Isis. "I was on my way to introduce our new friend, Isis, to Muskeegon- leader of the Red Moon tribe... If you perhaps would like to join us, I'm sure my tribemates would take to you kindly."

Status
Not open for further replies.