SPPA Chronicles (Sarre & Nix)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xyne's attacker was honestly too busy, trying to be sick to move when the cords from the taser hit him. Still, Xyne was just irritated enough to give him a nice good charge before letting him drop to the ground. With the vampire still spitting and now with a slight twitch, although nothing compared to Eleanor's attacker, he sighed and pulled out his phone.

Once very short conversation later, and his phone went back into his pocket. "The Northern branch is sending someone to pick up our new friends here. Are you alright?" He hadn't had enough time to help get the vampire off of her, but he did extend his gloved had to help her off the ground. "What did you do to him anyway?" He didn't sound disapproving, just curious.

Eleanor breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that Captain Tristis had managed to subdue the other attacker. Another wave of relief washed over her when he put away his phone. They had finished it, and quickly.

"He kind of did it to himself," Eleanor replied, unbuttoning her coat to reveal both of the batteries that lay against her sides. "I'm a living wire," she said, pointing to the little copper needles, "and he loaded me when he pushed me to the ground. Loaded me with both of the batteries. I got him off of me as quickly as I could. If it hadn't been a vampire I don't know if- I don't know if he would have survived that."

One eyebrow went up at the explanation, but another round of gagging from the market vampire interrupted any comment. "Give it a rest, you're getting no sympathy here." The bite marks would leave a scar, and he'd have to get Lil to fix the holes in his jacket. Not to mention his shoulder already hurt.

Turning his attention back to Eleanor, Xyne absently adjusted the sling,rubbing his shoulder slightly. "That has to be a handy ability though. It might not have killed a Lycan, but anyone else, probably. I didn't exactly see what happened though."

"Handy, yeah, you could say that," Eleanor chuckled, "My dad used to get me to do all the dangerous electric work because he knew it wouldn't hurt me." She looked at the two vampires on the ground - Captain Tristis' still twitching and coughing, and hers lying completely still. Still breathing though. She checked the voltages on her batteries. "About six seconds of a moderate shock."

"And how are you, Captain? You've already got a bad arm, and is that blood? Did you just get bitten? I didn't hear you call for a needle."

Making a quick decision to never ever touch Eleanor unless absolutely necessary, Xyne gave a one shoulder shrug. "Yeah, but it's fine. I don't need a needle." Finally, getting the sling adjusted, he met Eleanor's eyes. "That would be one of my talents. I'm immune to poisons, Lycanthrophy and Vampirism." He didn't mention that he was immune to most illnesses as well, which accounted to the massive number of unused sick days he had stored up. "Apparently, I taste bad..." He offered a small smile, showing that it didn't exactly bother him at all.

"Well, glad to have learned more about you," Eleanor said, sitting down on a nearby crate and taking out the first aid kit from her bag and motioning for Captain Tristis to join her. "It can't be good to be bleeding though. They give us these for a reason. Let me."

"I didn't know you were a little mother." Still, we went along with what Eleanor wanted. Considering how messed up his arm and shoulder already was, the little bite and bit of blood wasn't that big of a deal. Maybe it was a girl thing, but they seemed to always go for the bandages.

"You didn't answer me before though, are you hurt?" He checked the vampires one last time, before letting Eleanor use the kit. Most likely she just had bruises, but he needed to check, it was his responsibility as the senior agent.

"Little mother? Am not," Eleanor insisted, dabbing Captain Tristis' small wound with antiseptic. "I was just taught that even small injuries had the potential to be dangerous. You don't know what his teeth have touched. Isn't that disgusting to you? Maybe it's just me." The vampire had struck close to his neck, which meant that all she'd had to do was pull his collar back to access the two punctures. They didn't seem too deep, which was good. "Usually I'd just let you do it yourself but you're one-handed, so I figured that would be difficult. And I'm fine. Probably bruised, but he really didn't have the chance to do anything."

She could already hear the unique sirens of the SPPA car nearing them. They were more high pitched than the regular sirens, and the notes screeched around each other quicker. Whoever decided to change the SPPA siren to make them more unique clearly hadn't considered how much more irritating they would become. When it pulled up next to them, she'd just finished pressing two small band-aids against the captain's neck.

The car that pulled up eventually deposited three agents. two who's abilities make them exceptional for detaining a vampire, and the driver. The two, who looked like twins, moved in perfect sync, each collecting and placing special rubber coils around the vampires. The coils looked completely flimsy and useless, but the two could transmute the rubber into anything they wanted, effectively keeping the vampires trapped in place with their minds. The driver, took one look at the cute cozy scene of Eleanor patching up Xyne and scowled.

"Cass? What are you doing here?"

"I got called out to help as a driver for a couple of hours. What the hell happened to you?" She was torn between being worried and furious at Eleanor.

"Ambush, nothing bad, Cass."

"Could have been much worse," Eleanor agreed, watching as the two unconscious vampires were dragged into the back of the van. It resembled an animal control care more than a police cruiser. "They didn't take electricity very well. Captain Tristis got bitten but... he said he was fine," she said, glancing at him. The other details of the encounter, she left out for now. "Thanks for the quick driving, Cass- Miss. Mason."

Wow, that had been a stupid spot to slip.

Eleanor's, and Xyne's by proxy, casual dismissal only irritated the redhead more. "Just because..."

"Calm down, Sparky." Xyne interrupted, he could tell by the clenched fists and the slight bit of frost covering them Cass was about to go too far. "Everything is fine. Baker and I have it under control, and with your excellent driving we didn't have to wait here very long."

"Oh... you..." Flustered a bit, she rolled her eyes, trying to play it cool. "Shut it, Sunshine! Between you getting hurt all the time and Baker here running around like a firecraker, it's a wonder these idiots didn't off you both!"

Xyne glanced at Eleanor, rolled his eyes, and moved over to try and continue to calm Cass down, not really getting why she was mostly glaring at his partner. He chalked it all up to having a really bad few days on his part.

Eleanor looked away to the ground. "Apologies, Miss. Mason," she murmured, though her voice was just a background to Captain Tristis'. To herself, she thought, "Geez, what's her problem? She needs to let it go. I can't wait for my classmates to show up. Then I won't be the worst of the runts..."

"Now Cass," He looped his good arm over her shoulder. "I really need your help, you know..." His voice was low and it was almost impossible to hear what he said but the redhead's face just lit up. A wide smile crossed her face, and she looked like a completely different person.

Once Xyne finished, and moved to check wit the restraining officers, Cass actually smiled at Eleanor. "I'm sorry, Officer Baker. I hope you are feeling alright. Do you need some medicine? Where you bitten as well?"

"No, I'm fine, thank you for offering," Eleanor said, clinging to the rigid rules of professional courtesy.

The bipolarism she just saw was off-putting, but she supposed Captain Tristis had a way with words that he didn't let on.

She was on her best behavior until the van was rolling away.

"What do you think that was about?" she told him. "They hate us people. Not a great thing for a group of peacekeepers..."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Is that really so surprising? I mean think about the 1960s. Hippies were against both soldiers and the police. There is always going to be someone that doesn't like us. Besides, those guys? It wasn't just us, it's everyone. They want to be feared, to use that to make themselves better. It's just how it is."

That wasn't exactly the most uplifting of words, but it was honest and true. There would always be unhappy people and trying to please them all only ended with someone unhappy. Xyne simply tried to the best job that he could.

"So, explain something to me? Why are you so unfailingly polite to everyone? It's honestly a little bit creepy."

"I suppose," Eleanor murmured.

"Unfailingly polite? Unfailingly?" Eleanor chuckled. "I don't know. I guess we just learned how to be polite back in London. Over there, you learn not to make anyone angry in case they happen to be a witch or a werewolf. There are no segregations, so everyone just tries not to piss each other off lest a fight breaks out. It's especially bad for regular humans. If we get into a fight, the chances of us losing are pretty high."

"Hmm..." It was a very non committal sound. It made sense, but still it was strange for him to see her acting almost meek around the other agents. Still, if that made her comfortable.

"We have a choice here. We can either go ahead to Adrian's and get that out of the way, or we can check in on the bar first. Your choice. The bar will be faster, but Adrian's will mean paperwork for you." That wasn't anything Xyne could help her with. The regal man was very particular about things. He insisted that everyone who gained access to his home, meaning anyone who was partnered with Xyne, had to fill out papers, and get their fingerprints scanned so that they could use the scanners in the house.

"Paperwork? For a visit? How odd," Eleanor said. "Whatever's more convenient. You know the roads better than I do. Definitely looking forward to getting back to Lil's though. I'm curious about which traps she's prepared to spring on me."

There was nothing wrong with the prospect of having some time with such an energetic woman. It would be fun, she was sure, and she hadn't had a good dress-up session in a while. She didn't want to openly admit it to herself, but getting closer Lil meant getting closer to Tristis, and in any organisation, being friendly with superiors, and the people that could control them, was very helpful.

"Well, from here, Adrian's is to the North, but the bar is closer. So why don't we just check in there? As for the paperwork.. He likes to know details about the people that access his house. Besides, we need your fingerprints for the scanners..." A thought seemed to hit him then. "Your talent with electricity won't interfere in those will they?" He honestly had no idea.

A small smile crossed his face. "Well Lil is out with Marcus tonight, but I'll tell you what, why don't you stop by tomorrow, it's my day off so I assume it is yours too. Then you can try one of the drinks and play princess with Lil." The vampiress would enjoy that, and maybe Xyne could con Eleanor into a game of pool. Lord knows he sick of playing with vampires, they always cheat.

Eleanor laughed at the idea. Of course, it was the curiosity now. "No, they won't, unless the scanners are designed to electrocute people," she said. "Would it be rude to suggest that he might be paranoid? I mean, forms and scanners is a little extreme, isn't it?"

She laughed again when he suggested the bar. "Try drinks and play princess, huh?" she said. "How awkward would it be if I brought a friend to that." The idea of taunting fidgety little Allister with princess dresses was hilarious, and a little terrifying. Neither of them had said, in their texts, that tomorrow was a date but come on; it totally was.

Then there was the matter of whether or not that was technically breaking some sort of SPPA rule. Yes, courting people involved with cases was not allowed, for obvious reasons, but Allister had invited her to coffee after the case had been closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.