Spooky's Halloween Party [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We're travelers too!" Yuki said boldly, clenching her fists together in excitement. She smiled broadly at the mysterious woman, seemingly content with her vague answers to Yuki's pressing questions. She opened her mouth to say more, hoping to lead Miki and their new acquaintance to the arcade, but upon seeing the other party-goers filing into the hall, Yuki changed her mind. She had to be the trendsetter, after all

"Hmm... Yep!" She giggled and pointed toward the door that read 'hall of jumpscares.'

sVOxFBN.png

"Mii-kun and I are heading in there to brave the test of courage. We're warriors... kind of a big deal, you know? You can come if you'd like, but we're gonna be first!" Adopting a sly look on her face, Yuki pointed a thumb over her shoulder, indicating her backpack. "We have snaaaacks~"

Taking her friend's hand once again, Yuki rushed to the doorway.

@Jeremi @Verite @york

FWEqE5t.jpg

"Y- yeah..." Mirei said as Kana comments on her extended height. "You... sure have... also, this is how you roar..."

Mirei breathes in for a bit.

"GAAAAAAOOOOOO!!!!"

Mirei then realises that she and Kana were not the only ones around. Before anyone could say anything that would justify the next statement, her face turned red and she blurted...

jXAzAcf.png

"Shut up, shut up, shut up! No one saw anything! No one saw anything!"

Mirei then turned to Wadanohara, shocked by her sentence. "Three hundred years? It's only been a few months since I last saw you... Time flies, I guess."

Mirei looks at all the new faces that surrounded the old squad.

"We've got quite a few new people to meet here. Guess we should try to-"​

e1kzbaF.png

"Sounds like it's time for the activities. Hey, has anyone seen Layla?"

Layla's very presence could be felt at the Refreshments Area. Her tanned complexion and soulless eyes - there was no doubt.

kPKDiC3.png

"The time for going... soon. Must prepare..."

"She's going to do it..." Mirei sighs.

Na36aXg.png

"She's going to do it..." Mirei repeats herself.

oLfsKAJ.png

"Layla has to pack up before the activities."

"Come on Layla, you can't just do that!"

"But Producer-dono is OK with," Layla replies, "so it is good."

"Well, that explains a lot, too much in fact," Mirei shrugs, with a mildly unpleased look on her face. "Let's chitchat on the way, everyone. Come on Layla, we don't have all day ~tsu."

And so Mirei found herself in the corridors. Finding a room that said 'Arcade' on the sides, she smiles.

LglH2YQ.jpg

"Sana's going to be jealous ~tsu."

Just then, she bumps into Miki and Yuki. Or did Miki and Yuki bump into her? Who knows. Who knows. No one knows.

gvzWXxQ.png

"H- hey! Watch where you're going ~tsu!"

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Kaykay

@Verite @Atomyk @PeopleGoingExploring​
bA1ZLN1.png

The girl puffed up her chest proudly, standing up on her toes as she did so. There was a wide grin on her face, happy that she had had grown, even though she was only a few centimeters ahead of Mirei. Soon, her friend would grow as well, but she wasn't about to let Mirei beat her so easily. "Hehe, yup! So nobody can call me a kid, right? I'm a big girl now~"

ZmHRlGX.png

"Nice to meet you, Morgan!" she echoed in response, her smile still stretched on her face. She was ridiculously happy, yet a few moments ago she had been confused and fearful. The presence of friends did wonders for the dragon-girl. She had grown older, but yes, she was still a child at heart. "So... where do you come from? Mama and her friends and I all live in a place called Valla, in the middle of Hoshido and Nohr! Have you heard of it?"

vhEHsqa.png

"Haha! I remember that~ Keaton kept talking on and on about Wadanohara when we had dinner all together! The other magic users didn't really wanna believe it though. But I think Leo was just jealous, hehe~"

"No book can get you to Wadanohara's super magicky magic levels!"

bA1ZLN1.png

She roared back. "RAAAAAAAWR~" Instead of a cute sound, they were greeted with a rather loud roar coming from the blood of dragons inside of her. She could have sworn the floor was shaking underneath her slightly. Kana didn't seem embarrassed at all at her booming voice, but there was a faint blush growing on her cheeks.
kU3rXY6.png

"300 years is a long, long time, isn't it?" Kana noted. "It's only been a few months... or a year since I last saw everyone." She drew out the souvenirs they had given her from times gone by. Wadanohara's stone was still glowing like it had light inside, but the magical energy seemed to have dissipated. The girl didn't know if it would still work.

ZmHRlGX.png

Was she... packing some food up?

"Wow! Layla is so smart! We can have a picnic later with the yummy food here~" she suggested with a giggle.

"Aw, I hope there's a pretty garden here or something. Having a picnic inside sucks."

kU3rXY6.png

Kana blinked up curiously at the words. She understood the letters... and how to say it. But not the words. "What's an arcade...?" she said, saying the foreign word slowly like she was just learning the language, testing the word out.

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Kaykay
"There's where you're wrong, Miss Angela. Way I figure it, there ain't no such thing as being too kind. And we sure will enjoy the party. What say we go to the Arcade, Tuck? Maybe they got a bowling alley there?"
"Maybe they do. If they got that, and beer, this ain't such a bad party after all."

And so the two rednecks headed in the direction of the Arcade, looking for a bowling alley...

@Archmage Jeremiah @ Whomever #Arcade #Bowling?

PHHLA0o.jpg

Those who stepped into the arcade found quite the treat! For a relatively smaller section of the mansion, the arcade was quite the place to be... There were various traditional arcade machines sitting around, including a miniature bowling alley, minus the small space they had to work with, it wasn't so bad.

On the other hand, there were a few distinct machines that seemed a little, older, and had a ominous vibe to them.

A machine titled Mall of Spook lay around, apparently on, but it's screen was blank, presumably it had gone into some sort of sleep mode, which could be righted with the press of a button.

In the meanwhile, there was another game, titled Mrs. Spook, this one looked alot like the traditional Ms. Pacman game, but... With some different textures, what was up with that?

There was also a machine titled Spooky Kart, also in "sleep mode" like Mall of Spook.

Last but not least, in the very back of the room, lay a battered looking machine, that while apparently plugged in, appeared to be out of order, odd. This one seemed to give anyone who looked its way a little chill.

@Crow @Michale CS

@Arcade

iTkVhfu.png
The few taffies Wilson had eaten were beginning to feel queasy as he quietly listened to the two hillbillies recount, quite casually, their bloody summer activities. He paled and reminded himself that keeping the candies in his stomach was a good goal to maintain right now.
The pretty blonde woman was no comfort either, apparently. Wilson had glanced up at her after the story, hoping for some kind of reassurance that yes, those two country folk were very sick in the head, but she simply let out a pleasantly attractive laugh and called herself a witch.
And if all that weren't enough, the refreshments were now quite literally in the air, as a horrifying little sack-child came hurtling down the table, scattering the candies and appetizers at every unlucky soul in the vicinity. A young girl who looked like she should be in school, not at an interdimensional dinner party, was in close pursuit.
"Alright!" Wilson exclaimed to no one. "I must excuse myself." And so he excused himself from the table and wandered through the ballroom until he noticed some stairs leading down to the bottom floor. If anything said peace and quiet and relative safety, it was definitely a basement in a stranger's mansion.
He lopped down the stairs.
@york @Kaykay @Archmage Jeremiah @Chewy Rabbits @anyoneelse​
In the midst of his conversation, Leon Kennedy noted the oncoming food. There was no danger, there was nothing to indicate anything other than a degree of humiliation would be the most harm.

Despite it, instincts kicked in and he flipped a silver platter, using it as a shield as he stepped between Ada and Valerie. Everyone else were too far or he was confident would be alright.

The Black Knight would step back and away, hand reaching for something only to realize it wouldn't work for whatever reason.

"....Damn."

He said quietly heartfelt before moving out of the vicinity, even as the butler rushed forward in abject sorrow.

"Sir, please!"

The Black Knight shook his head and went downstairs.

@wakely @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva @The Wanderer @Michale CS @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Refreshments​
Tr02Tcp.jpg

Making their way down the stairs, both the Black Knight and Wilson found themselves in a rather large, open room, decorated with some paintings here and there, and some carpets.​

There appeared to be four distinct doors;

To the left, was a door that simply read trophy room.

Two double doors that obviously lead outside into the courtyard.

Another door lay to their right, which read haunted wing, unfortunately there was a big label over it that read closed until further notice.

Lastly, there was one last door, directly behind them. The door had no name on it, and loomed ominously, how bizarre, it didn't even indicate if it was closed off or not.

Nikkari pondered Richter's question. "Well I mean...I suppose those invitations of ours had something to do with it?" While it sounded odd that mere invitations had the power to draw people here. The fact that Nikkari was a sword made flesh made it more believable. "Why though." He smiled. "Is probably the more potent question to be answered right now."

@Ringmaster @Verite
71593955b1c342e4b4ca3e7d18d744de.png

"If that's so, then those invitations must be a deliberate object of witchcraft and evil," Richter mused, furrowing his brow as he'd cup his chin in thought, trying to think through all the possibilities.

"... Even if that ghost that seemed to be our host looked oddly friendly and cute."

After clearing his throat, he'd nod at what else Nikkari would have to say, pondering that as well. "Hmm. Maybe she just wanted to throw a party. The more we stand here and discuss it, the more I wonder... If she means any ill will, why hasn't she acted upon it yet?"

Plenty of questions, and little answers to solve them with, it seemed. This troubled the young man fairly deeply. He did his best kind of thinking in the heat of battle, when his head was focused on surviving, lightning fast reflexes guiding him through every fight. Deductions and investigations, those weren't so much his forte, so it looked like he was in quite the pickle for the time being.

"... Ugh. Maybe I just need a drink."

@Jeremi

Taking a sip of the last glass of soda she could get before chaos ensued in the ballroom, she yawned while casually drifting away from the refreshments table on her broom, though just far enough to exit the splash zone. She still wanted to watch, but at a safe distance...though she quickly bored of watching the brat trample all over perfectly good food and drink. So in the meantime, while the problem was hopefully being addressed, Angela decided to socialize with other guests around the ballroom. She even asked the Pyro to accompany her, if they would listen.

@york @Ringmaster @The Wanderer

Reactions: extinct
bA1ZLN1.png

The girl puffed up her chest proudly, standing up on her toes as she did so. There was a wide grin on her face, happy that she had had grown, even though she was only a few centimeters ahead of Mirei. Soon, her friend would grow as well, but she wasn't about to let Mirei beat her so easily. "Hehe, yup! So nobody can call me a kid, right? I'm a big girl now~"

ZmHRlGX.png

"Nice to meet you, Morgan!" she echoed in response, her smile still stretched on her face. She was ridiculously happy, yet a few moments ago she had been confused and fearful. The presence of friends did wonders for the dragon-girl. She had grown older, but yes, she was still a child at heart. "So... where do you come from? Mama and her friends and I all live in a place called Valla, in the middle of Hoshido and Nohr! Have you heard of it?"

vhEHsqa.png

"Haha! I remember that~ Keaton kept talking on and on about Wadanohara when we had dinner all together! The other magic users didn't really wanna believe it though. But I think Leo was just jealous, hehe~"

"No book can get you to Wadanohara's super magicky magic levels!"

bA1ZLN1.png

She roared back. "RAAAAAAAWR~" Instead of a cute sound, they were greeted with a rather loud roar coming from the blood of dragons inside of her. She could have sworn the floor was shaking underneath her slightly. Kana didn't seem embarrassed at all at her booming voice, but there was a faint blush growing on her cheeks.
kU3rXY6.png

"300 years is a long, long time, isn't it?" Kana noted. "It's only been a few months... or a year since I last saw everyone." She drew out the souvenirs they had given her from times gone by. Wadanohara's stone was still glowing like it had light inside, but the magical energy seemed to have dissipated. The girl didn't know if it would still work.

ZmHRlGX.png

Was she... packing some food up?

"Wow! Layla is so smart! We can have a picnic later with the yummy food here~" she suggested with a giggle.

"Aw, I hope there's a pretty garden here or something. Having a picnic inside sucks."

kU3rXY6.png

Kana blinked up curiously at the words. She understood the letters... and how to say it. But not the words. "What's an arcade...?" she said, saying the foreign word slowly like she was just learning the language, testing the word out.

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Kaykay
"I believe my Father mentioned then briefly but didn't go into detail. And none of the books I've read say anything about them. As for where I'm from, it's a land called Ylisse." Morgan began, his smile growing fond for a moment before a frown took it's place. For a moment, he glanced at the back of his hands where two brands lay and could be mistaken for tattoos yet one may have been familiar to those that met Chrom and took note of it: The Brand of the Exalt.

Since Grima was slumbering couldn't help but question somethings. But now wasn't the time for such thoughts.

When Kana roared Morgan was surprised at first, lifting his head to look at her.

"Hey, are you a Manakete by any chance? They can turn into Dragons and stuff with a particular stone called a Dragonstone?" he was a little excited now. Wait until Nah heard about this!

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Sen @Bomb @york @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits @Anybody I missed
"T-Three hundred years!?!... That's.....incredible! You don't even looked like you've aged a day..." Keaton commented figuring that the large time gap is why she seemed so different now. As Wadanohara began petting him he was beginning to feel embarrassed since there was a lot of people around but he didn't move and her comment about his fur being soft made him feel a bit happier on the inside.

"Yeah, Lots of people say the fur of my kind is real soft... It's why poachers hunt us for our fur but.....I never let them get far..." Keaton spoke with the last part of his comment seeming dark compared to the usually goofy Wolfessenger.

"Asugi is my name, Wadanohara and yeah... He almost never stopped talking about you or the other girl after....whatever it is this 'Rapture' was happened. Asugi responded in a casual tone of voice.

"I can still call ya 'kid'... Right Kana...?" Asugi spoke to Kana in a teasing manor.

@Takumi @Crow @Sen @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay
FWEqE5t.jpg

"Y- yeah..." Mirei said as Kana comments on her extended height. "You... sure have... also, this is how you roar..."

Mirei breathes in for a bit.

"GAAAAAAOOOOOO!!!!"

Mirei then realises that she and Kana were not the only ones around. Before anyone could say anything that would justify the next statement, her face turned red and she blurted...

jXAzAcf.png

"Shut up, shut up, shut up! No one saw anything! No one saw anything!"

Mirei then turned to Wadanohara, shocked by her sentence. "Three hundred years? It's only been a few months since I last saw you... Time flies, I guess."

Mirei looks at all the new faces that surrounded the old squad.

"We've got quite a few new people to meet here. Guess we should try to-"​

e1kzbaF.png

"Sounds like it's time for the activities. Hey, has anyone seen Layla?"

Layla's very presence could be felt at the Refreshments Area. Her tanned complexion and soulless eyes - there was no doubt.

kPKDiC3.png

"The time for going... soon. Must prepare..."

"She's going to do it..." Mirei sighs.

Na36aXg.png

"She's going to do it..." Mirei repeats herself.

oLfsKAJ.png

"Layla has to pack up before the activities."

"Come on Layla, you can't just do that!"

"But Producer-dono is OK with," Layla replies, "so it is good."

"Well, that explains a lot, too much in fact," Mirei shrugs, with a mildly unpleased look on her face. "Let's chitchat on the way, everyone. Come on Layla, we don't have all day ~tsu."

And so Mirei found herself in the corridors. Finding a room that said 'Arcade' on the sides, she smiles.

LglH2YQ.jpg

"Sana's going to be jealous ~tsu."

Just then, she bumps into Miki and Yuki. Or did Miki and Yuki bump into her? Who knows. Who knows. No one knows.

gvzWXxQ.png

"H- hey! Watch where you're going ~tsu!"

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Kaykay

@Verite @Atomyk @PeopleGoingExploring​

PHHLA0o.jpg

Those who stepped into the arcade found quite the treat! For a relatively smaller section of the mansion, the arcade was quite the place to be... There were various traditional arcade machines sitting around, including a miniature bowling alley, minus the small space they had to work with, it wasn't so bad.

On the other hand, there were a few distinct machines that seemed a little, older, and had a ominous vibe to them.

A machine titled Mall of Spook lay around, apparently on, but it's screen was blank, presumably it had gone into some sort of sleep mode, which could be righted with the press of a button.

In the meanwhile, there was another game, titled Mrs. Spook, this one looked alot like the traditional Ms. Pacman game, but... With some different textures, what was up with that?

There was also a machine titled Spooky Kart, also in "sleep mode" like Mall of Spook.

Last but not least, in the very back of the room, lay a battered looking machine, that while apparently plugged in, appeared to be out of order, odd. This one seemed to give anyone who looked its way a little chill.

@Crow @Michale CS

@Arcade

Tr02Tcp.jpg

Making their way down the stairs, both the Black Knight and Wilson found themselves in a rather large, open room, decorated with some paintings here and there, and some carpets.​

Another door lay to their right, which read haunted wing, unfortunately there was a big label over it that read closed until further notice.

Lastly, there was one last door, directly behind them. The door had no name on it, and loomed ominously, how bizarre, it didn't even indicate if it was closed off or not.

U5c2R8v.png

"It's easier to show than explain, Kana," Mirei smiles as the group walk into the Arcade. "This is an arcade, it's a- alright fine. This is more eerie than the usual arcade... and smaller than I expected. Guess the budget went to all the posh partying."

Mirei shrugs, then looks behind. It was Layla, eating deviled eggs from the box.

FWEqE5t.jpg

"Layla, I'm pretty sure there are rules in Arcades that say something about not eating inside."

zE8wGMv.png

"There is grape pudding. I got it for you."

"Really!?" Mirei smiles, grabs the pudding and begins to eat it. "Wh- what're you all looking at?" She would say, should others look at her judgingly.

e1kzbaF.png

"I would give a demonstration but these machines look kind of... too Halloween-themed for my liking. Do these things even have coin slots? Let's look at our choices..."

Mirei began to shiver as she looked at the various machines.

4uuDUHB.jpg

"S- so... we've got...Mall of Spook, Mrs Spook, Spooky Kart, and nonfunctional machine. I really, really hope this is like that one time I found Soul Calibur on a Tekken Machine... so... which of these should I... well... demonstrate on?"

This was going to be one heck of a spookfest.

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Kaykay @york @Michale CS

Reactions: Michale CS
In the midst of his conversation, Leon Kennedy noted the oncoming food. There was no danger, there was nothing to indicate anything other than a degree of humiliation would be the most harm.

Despite it, instincts kicked in and he flipped a silver platter, using it as a shield as he stepped between Ada and Valerie. Everyone else were too far or he was confident would be alright.

The Black Knight would step back and away, hand reaching for something only to realize it wouldn't work for whatever reason.

"....Damn."

He said quietly heartfelt before moving out of the vicinity, even as the butler rushed forward in abject sorrow.

"Sir, please!"

The Black Knight shook his head and went downstairs.

@wakely @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva @The Wanderer @Michale CS @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Refreshments​
Tr02Tcp.jpg

Making their way down the stairs, both the Black Knight and Wilson found themselves in a rather large, open room, decorated with some paintings here and there, and some carpets.

Lastly, there was one last door, directly behind them. The door had no name on it, and loomed ominously, how bizarre, it didn't even indicate if it was closed off or not.​

Wilson noticed, not entirely happily, that the knight from earlier was also going downstairs. It wasn't that he disliked the knight. It was simply that he wanted to write down his ridiculous notes in a quiet space ... and if he needed to be sick with taffy, to be sick with taffy alone.

The immediate silence that the lower floor hit him with sobered his jumpy mind. Wilson began to finally wonder just how different everyone's worlds were. He had assumed everyone came from a world at least with some semblance to his own, but perhaps, here, there really were magic and witches and ghosts.

Perhaps ... worst of all, perhaps it wasn't his own invention that brought him here. Perhaps it was just a magic trick. And perhaps he was just the rabbit, getting pulled out of the hat and maybe there wouldn't be a way back home and maybe he would have to eat spilled taffy in a loud room forever and -

He needed fresh air. There were courtyard doors right ahead of him.

Maybe even some of that strange technology the knight had mused about earlier. Something like that would certainly raise his spirits, even if for a bit. Or, raise literal spirits, like ghosts... because it was haunted ... Wilson frowned at his own joke.

He turned to the knight. "I will be outside, if you would like to accompany me," he offered.

@york @Ringmaster

Wilson noticed, not entirely happily, that the knight from earlier was also going downstairs. It wasn't that he disliked the knight. It was simply that he wanted to write down his ridiculous notes in a quiet space ... and if he needed to be sick with taffy, to be sick with taffy alone.

The immediate silence that the lower floor hit him with sobered his jumpy mind. Wilson began to finally wonder just how different everyone's worlds were. He had assumed everyone came from a world at least with some semblance to his own, but perhaps, here, there really were magic and witches and ghosts.

Perhaps ... worst of all, perhaps it wasn't his own invention that brought him here. Perhaps it was just a magic trick. And perhaps he was just the rabbit, getting pulled out of the hat and maybe there wouldn't be a way back home and maybe he would have to eat spilled taffy in a loud room forever and -

He needed fresh air. There were courtyard doors right ahead of him.

Maybe even some of that strange technology the knight had mused about earlier. Something like that would certainly raise his spirits, even if for a bit. Or, raise literal spirits, like ghosts... because it was haunted ... Wilson frowned at his own joke.

He turned to the knight. "I will be outside, if you would like to accompany me," he offered.

@york @Ringmaster
"Perhaps later Doctor. I myself am heading for the Trophy room."

He gave a nod and stepped through the doors, closing it behind him he turned...And blinked beneath the helm.

It was lit by a single fireplace, and numerous candles everywhere. Moreover, the place was less a singular room and more three connecting rooms- Perhaps increased by knocking down the walls? At any rate, it was clear why its title had been the Trophy Room. A bearskin rug and two armchairs with a table before the fire reflected dully in its glass eyes, as it did in the eyes of all other trophies around them. Taxidermist work, of great apes, elephant heads, lions, wolves, snakes and birds- Almost every predator and almost every game beast, the greatest of the lot being something that had the Knight from beneath his helm.

A werewolf.

Snarling and in an upper pose, as though it would have leaped from its pedestal and tear out the throat of the viewer. The nauseating smell of old blood and dust mingled and added to the suddenly oppressive atmosphere.

"........"

---------

Outside, in the courtyard would be a number of what looked like zombies. Shuffling, moaning creatures who walked around anyone who came through and paid no attention to Wilson for whatever reason. Their words were strange though.

A slurring, moaning array of statements.

"Closssse to midnight...."

"Evil....Lurking."

"Don't....Scream."

"Nothing....Saaaaave."

@wakely @york

Or was there? From the corner of Yuki's eye she would notice something in the corner. Suddenly red eyes would shine up in the dark as something hovered into view.

She...or well it would look down on the two girls the massive black claws twitching eerily. "Are you...lost?" Her voice had an echo feel to it, like you were listening to her from underwater. Was she another party guest like the others?​

@Verite @Atomyk @york
The hall of jumpscares was where the real test of courage was to be found, but a door labeled as an arcade seemed almost too tantalizing to pass up. When was the last time Yuki had played a video game? She wasn't too sure why she hadn't in so long, now that she was thinking about it. The School Living Club had some inexplicably restrictive rules.

"I think we should... Oh! ... M-Mii-kun, get behind me. There's someone here."

OQcKTwG.png

Yuki had been marveling at the hall before that woman caught her eye. She had to look up to talk to her, for she was just so tall, though that was not saying much considering how short Yuki was. Her mouth dropped open slightly in awe at this mysterious woman dressed in one of the more intricate examples of cosplay Yuki had ever witnessed.

"I didn't see you in the ballroom..." Yuki pointed a dramatic finger at the costumed woman. "Who are you and what is your reason for being so mysterious?!" She took a few steps forward, inching toward the woman at small increments. Her eyes squinted suspiciously as she used her pointed finger to give the woman a hesitant poke.

"Such an interesting costume you have...!"

@Jeremi @Verite
She cocked her head to the side as she continued to look at Yuki. "Ufufufuf...I'm just a traveler...like you two..." The truth was she didn't quite grasp how she had ended up here. A letter she had found. Her first thought was to destroy it, but for some reason she kept it close to her. Then the mansion...She was brought back from her thoughts by Yuki's second question.

"Interesting...? Well...I suppose that could be...the word." Her clawed hand would reach out towards Yuki. Despite her weaponry missing it would be so easy to...No...the disgusting humans would get theirs. Right now her priority was to leave this place. Nothing more. Her arm pulled back and she forced a smile unto her face. "Aren't you...quaint."

@Verite @Atomyk
"We're travelers too!" Yuki said boldly, clenching her fists together in excitement. She smiled broadly at the mysterious woman, seemingly content with her vague answers to Yuki's pressing questions. She opened her mouth to say more, hoping to lead Miki and their new acquaintance to the arcade, but upon seeing the other party-goers filing into the hall, Yuki changed her mind. She had to be the trendsetter, after all

"Hmm... Yep!" She giggled and pointed toward the door that read 'hall of jumpscares.'

sVOxFBN.png

"Mii-kun and I are heading in there to brave the test of courage. We're warriors... kind of a big deal, you know? You can come if you'd like, but we're gonna be first!" Adopting a sly look on her face, Yuki pointed a thumb over her shoulder, indicating her backpack. "We have snaaaacks~"

@Jeremi @Verite @york
"E-Eeeh?!"

Almost instinctively, Miki would get behind Yuki without even having to hear it from her upperclassman upon catching sight of the strange... individual before them. Well, the Hall of Jumpscares certainly lived up to its name, and that wasn't even technically a jump scare, was it? In fact... Who was this person? Certainly, whoever she was, she had a scary costume. It looked oddly realistic too... for something with a fundamentally unrealistic design. A monster like that could never exist in real life... R-Right?

Still, whatever the case, when the strange person would reach out to Yuki, Miki prepared to make a move, intending to pull her away from her, but was forced to relax herself just as quickly when the strange person would cease, and Yuki-senpai seemed none the wiser.

She wouldn't be able to get a word in before Yuki would drag her to the door leading to the Hall of Jump Scares, where she would, hopefully away from the strange person now, talk to Yuki, sighing as she'd get a snack from the backpack and help herself. May as well relieve stress some way.

tumblr_nrl8ui3E0L1s307p6o4_500.gif

"Yuki-senpai, was it... such a good idea to invite that person? I don't know, she seemed... strange. L-Like one of those "ghosts" from back home. I felt like she might have tried to do something to us."

@Atomyk @Jeremi @york

71593955b1c342e4b4ca3e7d18d744de.png

"If that's so, then those invitations must be a deliberate object of witchcraft and evil," Richter mused, furrowing his brow as he'd cup his chin in thought, trying to think through all the possibilities.

"... Even if that ghost that seemed to be our host looked oddly friendly and cute."

After clearing his throat, he'd nod at what else Nikkari would have to say, pondering that as well. "Hmm. Maybe she just wanted to throw a party. The more we stand here and discuss it, the more I wonder... If she means any ill will, why hasn't she acted upon it yet?"

Plenty of questions, and little answers to solve them with, it seemed. This troubled the young man fairly deeply. He did his best kind of thinking in the heat of battle, when his head was focused on surviving, lightning fast reflexes guiding him through every fight. Deductions and investigations, those weren't so much his forte, so it looked like he was in quite the pickle for the time being.

"... Ugh. Maybe I just need a drink."

@Jeremi

"Friendly and cute does not equal safety." Nikkari responded in kind. "I assume she's lulling us into a false sense of security." He smiled. "But I believe we can handle it." Then he looked around. "Oh...it appears that people have moved on from this place."

sVOxFBN.png

@Jeremi @Verite @york

What a delusional girl. For whatever reason however she'd float after them to this supposed hall of jumpscares.

"E-Eeeh?!"

Almost instinctively, Miki would get behind Yuki without even having to hear it from her upperclassman upon catching sight of the strange... individual before them. Well, the Hall of Jumpscares certainly lived up to its name, and that wasn't even technically a jump scare, was it? In fact... Who was this person? Certainly, whoever she was, she had a scary costume. It looked oddly realistic too... for something with a fundamentally unrealistic design. A monster like that could never exist in real life... R-Right?

Still, whatever the case, when the strange person would reach out to Yuki, Miki prepared to make a move, intending to pull her away from her, but was forced to relax herself just as quickly when the strange person would cease, and Yuki-senpai seemed none the wiser.

She wouldn't be able to get a word in before Yuki would drag her to the door leading to the Hall of Jump Scares, where she would, hopefully away from the strange person now, talk to Yuki, sighing as she'd get a snack from the backpack and help herself. May as well relieve stress some way.

"Yuki-senpai, was it... such a good idea to invite that person? I don't know, she seemed... strange. L-Like one of those "ghosts" from back home. I felt like she might have tried to do something to us."

@Atomyk @Jeremi @york

"I heard that, girl." Miki could feel the mysterious thing breathing down her neck. "You wound me...with your accusations."

@Atomyk @Verite @york

"Wooeee! We're just hittin the jackpot tonight ain't we Tuck?"
"Seems like. First beer, then a nice lady who don't seem to mind talkin to us, then bowling?"
"Think we're dreamin?"
"What did I tell you about two people dreamin the same thing, Dale?"
"Yeah, I guess so. Go on, Tuck you go first."
"Is this some kinda ladies' first joke, cause you figgered out I have a lady's fingers?"
"Hey, I told ya it looks real natural."
"Shut it, you. It don't and I know it. But, I will go first to show ya what you have ta beat."

@Crow @york @ Arcade #Arcade

Vector

Vector stood in silence, every so often adding in small talk, until the kid with the burlap sack on their head ran on the table. As that occurred, he took a small empty plate. Only using it to block the flying food, for he noticed the liquid practically dripped off of his jacket without stains.

Food on the other hand....

@Refreshments
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pyro

After Angela asked Pyro to accompany her, he listened. As she was nice enough. He was tempted to join in on the kid with the burlap sack antics. But, the lady did ask politely.

He would just 'talk' with his stuffed toy while walking. At one point even tilting his head. Like he was having an legit conversation with the toy.

@Ringmaster @Archmage Jeremiah

giphy.gif

Alice noticed people leaving the area; perhaps it was a good time to do so as well? She overheard talk of an arcade; it seemed innocent enough, so why not? She turned to Scrappy to ask his opinion on the matter.

"That arcade sounds like an interesting place to check out," she said, "want to go there? It seems like people are leaving this area and we probably should stick close to the others."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @york

U5c2R8v.png

"It's easier to show than explain, Kana," Mirei smiles as the group walk into the Arcade. "This is an arcade, it's a- alright fine. This is more eerie than the usual arcade... and smaller than I expected. Guess the budget went to all the posh partying."

Mirei shrugs, then looks behind. It was Layla, eating deviled eggs from the box.

FWEqE5t.jpg

"Layla, I'm pretty sure there are rules in Arcades that say something about not eating inside."

zE8wGMv.png

"Really!?" Mirei smiles, grabs the pudding and begins to eat it. "Wh- what're you all looking at?" She would say, should others look at her judgingly.

e1kzbaF.png

"I would give a demonstration but these machines look kind of... too Halloween-themed for my liking. Do these things even have coin slots? Let's look at our choices..."

4uuDUHB.jpg

"S- so... we've got...Mall of Spook, Mrs Spook, Spooky Kart, and nonfunctional machine. I really, really hope this is like that one time I found Soul Calibur on a Tekken Machine... so... which of these should I... well... demonstrate on?"

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Kaykay @york @Michale CS

tumblr_inline_nef4ffED0u1sfvecc.png

"Hehe. They all don't sound relatively bad. The names actually sound a bit silly if you ask me. Then again I have no clue what these things do." Morgan chuckled. He was in a rather good mood it seemed. Though, the one game in the back gave him a vibe that told him to be cautious or just not to go near with the chill he got down his spine just glancing at it. He made a mental note to see just why it gave him such a feeling later.

"Wooeee! We're just hittin the jackpot tonight ain't we Tuck?"
"Seems like. First beer, then a nice lady who don't seem to mind talkin to us, then bowling?"
"Think we're dreamin?"
"What did I tell you about two people dreamin the same thing, Dale?"
"Yeah, I guess so. Go on, Tuck you go first."
"Is this some kinda ladies' first joke, cause you figgered out I have a lady's fingers?"
"Hey, I told ya it looks real natural."
"Shut it, you. It don't and I know it. But, I will go first to show ya what you have ta beat."

@Crow @york @ Arcade #Arcade

Morgan turned to Dale and Tucker then, smiling all the while. Their hillbilly/country vibe reminded him of Donnel. Well, mostly the way they talked if anything.

"What is bowling?" he asked. He was genuinely curious.

@york @Crow @Michale CS @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Hana

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Michale CS and Mari
vPzzGpE.jpg

Hahahaha! Children always seemed to get the most fun out of this holiday! Which meant all the more fun for Sam himself! Hiding in the shadows to punish rule-breakers in his intimidating true form had been fun decades ago but it was time to mix things up! Which meant having a little bit of amusement at the expense of others! As Koto flicked him on the center of his mask, Sam paused for a moment. Had he been able to dish out the flicking but not handle it?

Nah, he just wanted to have a little bit of reprieve before he broke out into giggles again!

"Hehehehehehehe!!!! Hahahahaha!"

Letting out laughter which sounded more like a child's than a thousand year spirit, Sam flicked Koto's nose again and this time he wasn't going to stand by while she flicked him! No sir, he was going to make a run for it! Turning around Sam sprinted through the crowd and headed straight for the refreshments. Food of course was something Sam didn't take lightly! After all, he may have been a godling who had little need for nourishment like a mortal would but he LOVED candy as much as the next person!

But not everything was built to last! Certainly not the food on this refreshment stand! Hopping up onto the table where the others had been gathered around, Sam giggled as he ran forward. Kicking trays of food left and right as he went. Even going as far as to toss it into the air because why not? He wanted that girl to chase him and if they were going to run around? Might as well make the most of it!

@Kaykay < 3

@Ringmaster @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva @The Wanderer @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @wakely @Yun Lee @york @LuckycoolHawk9
"Hey, wait up!" Koto called out to Sam as he ran off, going for a sprint herself as she hunted him down. She batted the flying trays out of the way, sending everything scattering about, but she paid it no mind. If he started this game of tag, then she wasn't going to back down, and she was going to win! It seemed like a bit of fun, after all!

As she chased him around the place, unfortunately ravaging a bit of the surroundings as she did, she encountered the others who were starting to play games in the arcade. Tearing things up was fun and all, but whatever games they had here seemed fun too. Speeding up, she somersaulted over Sam's head, flicking him in the nose again with a mischievous grin.

"Gotcha!"

"Hehe. They all don't sound relatively bad. The names actually sound a bit silly if you ask me. Then again I have no clue what these things do." Morgan chuckled. He was in a rather good mood it seemed. Though, the one game in the back gave him a vibe that told him to be cautious or just not to go near with the chill he got down his spine just glancing at it. He made a mental note to see just why it gave him such a feeling later.

Morgan turned to Dale and Tucker then, smiling all the while. Their hillbilly/country vibe reminded him of Donnel. Well, mostly the way they talked if anything.

4gHDEZX.png

"You haven't bowled before? It's like, you throw a ball and knock things over! Wanna try?"

@Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Crow @Michale CS @Arcade​

"Hey, wait up!" Koto called out to Sam as he ran off, going for a sprint herself as she hunted him down. She batted the flying trays out of the way, sending everything scattering about, but she paid it no mind. If he started this game of tag, then she wasn't going to back down, and she was going to win! It seemed like a bit of fun, after all!

As she chased him around the place, unfortunately ravaging a bit of the surroundings as she did, she encountered the others who were starting to play games in the arcade. Tearing things up was fun and all, but whatever games they had here seemed fun too. Speeding up, she somersaulted over Sam's head, flicking him in the nose again with a mischievous grin.

"Gotcha!"

4gHDEZX.png

"You haven't bowled before? It's like, you throw a ball and knock things over! Wanna try?"

@Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Crow @Michale CS @Arcade​

"No, I haven't. We don't have this back home. And I don't see why not, it sounds fun!" Morgan responded with a broad smile. Maybe he'd like the game and many of the others here. All you had to do was knock things over with a ball? It didn't sound too hard.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Sen @Bomb @york @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits @Anybody I missed

"What's bowling? Well it's the greatest sport known to man that can be played indoors, that's what." Tucker started off.
"Ya see them pins down yonder? You roll this ball down the lane and ya try to knock em all down on the first go. That's called a strike."
At which time, Tucker took his turn and left the 8, 4, and 6 pins standing.
"But, you get two goes at it, see? That there though, it's called a split. And it's tough to pick that up."
But.. Tucker managed it. "And that there, that's called a spare."
"Each player they get ten turns, that they call frames - cept if you manage to get a strike on the last frame you can keep goin up to three times if you keep getting strikes."
Dale took his turn, and left an easy spare, a 6-9-10, which he picked up.

@Takumi @york @ Arcade! #Arcade

Reactions: extinct and Takumi
giphy.gif
Alice noticed people leaving the area; perhaps it was a good time to do so as well? She overheard talk of an arcade; it seemed innocent enough, so why not? She turned to Scrappy to ask his opinion on the matter.

"That arcade sounds like an interesting place to check out," she said, "want to go there? It seems like people are leaving this area and we probably should stick close to the others."
Scrappy was surprised when Alice had petted him and he wasn't sure how to react to that and was silent for a few minutes. He nearly missed the fact that she had asked him a question that barely registered in his mind.

" I guess it is as harmless as any place can be. If there is danger, it wil find us," Scrappy said, agreeing with her and gesturing to his Uncle to follow him. Sadly, Scooby had missed the sign and didn't notice that Scrappy left.

@Mari @york

After getting full, Scooby accidently started to wonder towards the back room to look for more food in the kitchen.

@york

Reactions: Mari

sVOxFBN.png

@Jeremi @Verite @york
"E-Eeeh?!"

@Atomyk @Jeremi @york
Upon entering the hall of jumpscares, those that went in were greeted by a loud, silly chiptune style noise, accompanied by...

9q4Imbv.png

A cardboard cutout of a sad piece of toast popping out of the wall... How, underwhelming? Well, there appeared to be curve in the hall somewhere in the distance, but as of right now... Things were pretty tame, perhaps the place had yet to pull out all its stops? Hard to say, with a weird "attraction" like this.​
@Verite @Atomyk @Jeremi
@Hall of Jumpscares

Taking a sip of the last glass of soda she could get before chaos ensued in the ballroom, she yawned while casually drifting away from the refreshments table on her broom, though just far enough to exit the splash zone. She still wanted to watch, but at a safe distance...though she quickly bored of watching the brat trample all over perfectly good food and drink. So in the meantime, while the problem was hopefully being addressed, Angela decided to socialize with other guests around the ballroom. She even asked the Pyro to accompany her, if they would listen.

@york @Ringmaster @The Wanderer

Well, it wasn't long before Angela found someone, well, two people actually, it seemed that they were locked in a liittle bit of a struggle, actually.

y45aGeF.png

"Come on Utsuro-san! You've gotta eat something!" Protested the girl with dirty blonde hair.

She appeared to be tugging on the hand of a white-haired girl, possibly an albino? Desperately trying to guide her reluctant friend towards a snack table.

hkQqWs3.png

"..." She was completely silent.

It looks like "Utsuro" was not exactly in the mood for eating, much less... Moving from her spot, but she wasn't exactly protesting to her desperate friend's actions, how peculiar. They didn't seem to have noticed Angela, or anyone else yet, but they were bound to if they were spoken to.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Ringmaster @The Wanderer
After getting full, Scooby accidently started to wonder towards the back room to look for more food in the kitchen.

@york
*SPLAT*

Scoobs found himself walking straight into a wall, because unfortunately there wasn't a kitchen, which really does raise alot of questions. However, his attempts to get to the nonexistant kitchen attracted the attention of the strange man dressed in blue.

"Whoa there fellow-... Dog! Are you okay?" He asked.

That sleek, (and suspiciously Keanu Reeves like) voice actually kind of sounded like Neo, from the Matrix... If Scooby even knew what that was, at any rate, looks like the guy was at least a little concerned. He appeared to have this wide brimmed blue hat, with a red cape trailing behind him, looks like he was some sort of hired assassin from the medieval era, except... He wasn't armed, and his clothes covered most of his body. However, a head of blonde hair, and a pale, but somewhat rugged complesion could be noted about the little of his face that was actually revealed, and not completely covered by the brim of his odd hat.

(OOC note;Welp, couldn't find a proper image for this guy, so uh... Just text, sorry.)

@LuckycoolHawk9

giphy.gif

@LuckycoolHawk9 @york
Scrappy was surprised when Alice had petted him and he wasn't sure how to react to that and was silent for a few minutes. He nearly missed the fact that she had asked him a question that barely registered in his mind.

" I guess it is as harmless as any place can be. If there is danger, it wil find us," Scrappy said, agreeing with her and gesturing to his Uncle to follow him. Sadly, Scooby had missed the sign and didn't notice that Scrappy left.

@Mari @york
U5c2R8v.png

FWEqE5t.jpg

zE8wGMv.png

e1kzbaF.png

4uuDUHB.jpg

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Kaykay @Michale CS @Mari @LuckycoolHawk9
@Arcade

Welp, it appeared that Alice and Scrappy Doo had just joined the bunch in the arcade, and while some people were already pretty busy... There was of course, the Mall of Spook, Mrs Spook, Spooky cart and an strangely nonfunctional arcade machine laying around. Looks like Mirei was struggling to pick between those, so there might also be some fun to be had there.

Of course, for those who were just arriving, there were plenty of other assortments of machines to choose from at their leisure.​

Last edited:
Reactions: extinct
RsbAJ72.png

"... Huh?"

Of all the things that could have popped out, Yuki least expected a cute piece of toast. He was frowning, which Yuki suspected was likely because she was getting the urge to take a bite out of him. "Yumm~" she grumbled as she stepped forward and bit into the cardboard, her desire to eat such cute toast beating her desire to make the sad toast feel better.

Yuki growled as if she was mimicking a dog for a moment, before pausing to point at the end of the hall. "Let's keep going!" she mumbled, mouth full of cardboard.

@Verite @york @Jeremi

"What's bowling? Well it's the greatest sport known to man that can be played indoors, that's what." Tucker started off.
"Ya see them pins down yonder? You roll this ball down the lane and ya try to knock em all down on the first go. That's called a strike."
At which time, Tucker took his turn and left the 8, 4, and 6 pins standing.
"But, you get two goes at it, see? That there though, it's called a split. And it's tough to pick that up."
But.. Tucker managed it. "And that there, that's called a spare."
"Each player they get ten turns, that they call frames - cept if you manage to get a strike on the last frame you can keep goin up to three times if you keep getting strikes."

Dale took his turn, and left an easy spare, a 6-9-10, which he picked up.

@Takumi @york @ Arcade! #Arcade

"Hmm." Morgan hummed, nodding as ge watched Tucker play. The rules sounded slightly complicated but that wouldn't stop him from trying. He just had to try his best to knock the pins down and depending on the results remember what Dale said.

"Alright. I think I might observe a bit before trying. But it does look interesting." he beamed brightly here.

"Maybe I can convince my Father to try it since he's not much of a chest person like Mother and me." he laughed to himself.

He was starting to feel the tiniest bit homesick but he'd look on the bright side of things to keep him from getting sad all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.