Spooky's Halloween Party [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I found out I was good at zombies and made it into a living." Leon summarized.

Clear enough, yet vague to hide details. Adjusting the scarf of his costume he added dryly.

"Still not paid enough for what I do."
Vector

"Nice." Shortly after Leon had said "C'mon." To him. Vector gave a nod to the mute girl, before following Leon.

Upon seeing that they were going over to the spy and another lady.
To Ada, he said less casually.

"Don't suppose you got any weapons? I know you keep some in your shoes. Me, my knife is gone, but they left my prop gun."
"Name's Vector.....I believe we've met before. Raccoon City. Attempted to try and kill you. Don't worry, I've abandoned Umbrella. As, I don't remain with a group that leaves me for dead." He quickly summarized to Ada.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turning to acknowledge the Pyro again, she looked at them and then at their display with a curious sound. It took some time studying it before the witch noticed they had written something in the food, and upon deciphering what was written, she smiled brightly, "'Pyro', is it? What a fitting name." she chuckled just briefly before motioning to herself, "My name is Angela. It's a pleasure to meet you.~"
Pyro

"Nnpf tf mmmpf yof." He was trying to say 'nice to meet you.' But as per usual the gas mask.

"Amf mmf imf Flumfy!" He pointed to the stuffed unicorn toy. Furthering the idea of the individual being insane. Or extremely childlike. It had some burn marks. It also had a message on the side.

"Please don't remove this from Pyro. It helps keep him from setting things on fire. Sincerely, Medic and Engineer."

@Ringmaster @Archmage Jeremiah

He gave a small shrug, which explained a bit about the armor now.

At Tucker and Dale's words, he chuckled and spoke to them.

"You're dealing with this pretty well. Most tend to be freaked out with...Stranger things." He ended diplomatically.
There was that laugh again. "Well, sir, I reckon we would have, before last summer."
"Yep. Last summer was a beaut. Pretty sure we got a little softened up on what might give most folks a start by now." He popped open a can of beer and took a drink. It wasn't PBR but, well, you didn't always know what your company would like at a party, right?
"We got ourselves a up close and personal look at Evil last summer, and I reckon we won't ever be the same."

@Ringmaster @ Refreshments

Alice smiled at the server. There was the indication of danger, again when this person spoke. Though she was cautious and respectful of power, and of events that may occur, she was not afraid. Though she definitely took note in her mind of what her sense was telling her at this time. Occasionally the premonitions would come as a coincidence to someone speaking or appearing before her, so this was inconclusive to Alice.

alice-cullen-alice-cullen-17191290-500-500.jpg
"Cider? Why not?", she said, taking a glass and sipping from it. The taste was there, as she knew and remembered, even if the desire to drink it was not.
"I'm Alice", she introduced to the server. "This seems to be quite the gathering".
"Lawrence Talbot ma'am."

He said in return as he looked around and added.

"And yes- Yes it is." He frowned briefly, flicking through a mental array of memories before shaking it off.

"The rest of the manor will become readily available at the Mistresses choosing, thank you for your patience."

@Mari @LuckycoolHawk9

--------
There was that laugh again. "Well, sir, I reckon we would have, before last summer."
"Yep. Last summer was a beaut. Pretty sure we got a little softened up on what might give most folks a start by now." He popped open a can of beer and took a drink. It wasn't PBR but, well, you didn't always know what your company would like at a party, right?
"We got ourselves a up close and personal look at Evil last summer, and I reckon we won't ever be the same."

"Now that sounds like a Halloween tale worth sharing."

He said idly.

@Michale CS @Refreshment group​

Remember to check out the Signups thread for more details! And well... To signup and stuff!

Prologue - An Invitation

Wherever they were, whoever they were... An invitation came for them, having been left on their doorstep, blown their way by the wind, or simply, they happened to pick it up by coincidence.

All the same, the invitations were composed of a yellowed sheet of paper, with the same thing written on it:

"You're invited!

By: Spooky the Ghost!

To: Spooky's Halloween Party

At: Spooky's Manor

Until: I Say So"

The whole invitation just seemed utterly silly... And honestly arrived at complete random, and really, they all looked like some aged invitations that someone had hastilly just filled in, they didn't even provide a proper address!

However, while the invitation itself seemed mundane, and almost useless, like the average flyer telling someone about some event in a not so specific place. However, it was quickly noticed that upon reading that invitation, those it had come to had found it increasingly difficult to tear themselves away from looking at it... Even, impossible, after a while. Their surrounding seemed to fade away into nothingness, until finally, when they finished reading that invitation, their senses slowly returned, as they found themselves able to look up again.

They were supposed to be the guests,
but they were hardly given a choice in the matter.

The first distinct sound that could be heard was the faint tune of some strange music, coming from all sides of the room, speakers, presumably, but there was no indication of exactly where they may be.

NlD4dWi.jpg

Slowly but surely, the bigger details of the room itself became clear... It was some sort of ballroom, complete with a balcony, food and refreshments, laying around in various tables in the area, and evidently a heavy adornment of halloween themed decorations. Someone had certainly been decorating for a halloween party, and it appeared that there was an unsettling amount of shadowy guests lurking about, they seemed to pay the new arrivals no mind, nor anyone really, just milling about in a creepy manner.

"Hello there. I, am Spooky" Came an uncanny voice, ringing out throughout the room.

Soon enough, accompanied by a overly dramatic flash of thunder and lighting, the source of the voice became clear as some sort of ghost quite literally faded into the room, apparently she didn't see anything weird about this at all.

ZeP6wGM.png

"And this is my home. As you can see, I've made some renovations! For uh... A party! Your party! You'll be here for a while so, feel free to run around... Explore the rooms... Have fun! Anyways... If anything comes up? I'll uh... Appear! Here... For... Some reason. But until then, enjoy the party!" She said.

And then, she sort of... Faded away, rising into the roof of the building. Welp, that was an awkward start to this whole event... But, apparently the guests were going to be stuck in this mansion for a while, so they might as well make the best out of what they've got!

It is also noted that if anyone had any weapons, they were for the most part gone with a few exceptions such as Crona's weapon, Ragnarok, and Sylvia's pokeball containing Sylveon, but it is uncertain how the powers of these (potential) weapons may have been effected in this strange place.

So... For the time being, there were a few options the guests at this "party" had laid out for them;

They could just mill around in the ballroom and enjoy the refreshments available... It is also of note that there were a few other guests that had arrived before them, and unlike the shadow people, they seemed more attentive to the new arrivals.

Of course, there was also the option to explore the rest of the manor through the double doors near the back of the ballroom, but who knows where those lead, considering that Spooky apparently overhauled the place for this party of hers.

On the other hand, if there were some matters that needed to be resolved about misplaced weapons and such, or just questions/complaints in general that were desperately in need of attention, one could always call out to Spooky the ghost, as apparently that's all that is required for her to address these sorts of things, after all... She was the one in charge, right?

Co-GM(S):

(This will come into play a little with the exploration option I suppose)

@Ringmaster

Cast:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Angela, the Witch of the Wilds from Overwatch

@Atomyk as Yuki Takeya from School-Live!

@Bomb as K-Sha from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series

@Chewy Rabbits as Sam from Trick 'r Treat & Micheal Myers from the Halloween Series

@Crimson Spartan as Keaton & Asugi from the Fire Emblem series

@Crow as Mirei Hayasaka & Layla from the Idolmaster; Cinderella Girls

@C.T. as Doctor Aphra from Star Wars

@Dec as Jacket from Hotline Miami

@Hana as Wadanohara from Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea

@Hospes as Emerald Sustrai & Neopolitan from RWBY

@Jeremi as Nikkare Aoe from Touken Ranbu

@Kaykay as Koto from Kyosogiga

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Crona Gorgon from Soul Eater

@Krieg as Reynauld the Crusador from Darkest Dungeon

@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scooby Doo & Scrappy Doo from the Scooby-Doo franchise

@Mari as Alice Cullen from Twilight

@Michale CS as Tucker & Dale from Tucker & Dale vs Evil

@Minerva as Ada Wong from Resident Evil

@Ringmaster as Leon Scott Kennedy from Resident Evil & The Black Knight, and OC from the Castlevania Series

@Sen as Kana from the Fire Emblem Series

@Mason Moretti as Gym Leader Valerie from the Pokemon Franchise

@Moca Latté as Marceline from Adventure Time

@Takumi as Morgan Lowell from the Fire Emblem Series

@The Wanderer as "Vector" from the Resident Evil Franchise & Pyro from Team Fortress 2

@Verdegris as Herbet Pulmer from ??? (OC)

@Verite as Richter Belmont from Castlevania & MIki Naoki from School-Live!

@wakely as Wilson from Don't Starve

@Yun Lee as Sakura Kasunago & Dan Hibiki from Street Fighter
Interestingly enough, Dale raising his hand actually worked... Either due to some weird omnipresense Spooky might have throughout the mansion, or just simply because she happened to see him, in either case, she materiallized once more.

ZeP6wGM.png

"Weeell... There IS a courtyard... Somewhere... But I put up some walls so uh... Yeah! You can't leave!" She said.

Well, that was a bit disheartening, but at the mention of pickled eggs, she made a gesture towards the refreshments laying around on the tables in the ballroom.

"Plenty of foor here... Help yourself while it uh... Lasts!" Spooky said.

Well, unless others had any beef to settle with her, Spooky would be gone again... Apparently she's perfectly okay with phasing in and out of the roof just like that.

@Michale CS @Others?​

QrOgWds.jpg

Interestingly enough, Vector, whether he was in the middle of a conversation, or simply wandering around, trying to talk to a few of the guests that had arrived earlier... Was approached by a strange girl, it was a little hard to tell what her exact age was, but she looked to be in her early teens, and... Was oddly silent. Possibly a mute? Either that or she just wasn't one for words.

In either case, she didn't seem particularly interested in her surroundings, but yet, for some reason, showed some form of fascination towards Vector. How odd.

@Vector

In the meantime, others looking for guests that had arrived before them to talk to would find a good variety to work with...

There was a dark grey haired girl, around the age of 16 that was hanging around with an orange haired boy who looked to be around the same age as her. They appeared to be standing around one of the big windows up on the catwalk, talking about something.

In the meantime, on an opposing catwalk, an older man dressed mostly in blue, with a distinct head of blonde hair. He appeared to be some sort of assassin of sorts, from a more distant era, and what's more is that he was apparently brooding as he looked out the window, into the dark exterior of the area.

Lastly, there were at least five other individuals hanging about around the food and refreshments laying about the room, so one could always see about interacting with them as well...​

@Those Interacting With the NPC Guests I guess

The tables were stocked to the brim with various assortments of food and beverages, some even quite literally out of this world... From the traditional halloween themed dishes such as pumpkin pie, to some more... Exotic ones for those who were used to a wider array of foods. To say the least most if not all the guests checking out the refreshments and food hanging around were likely to find at least an item or two that was familiar to them.

@Food & Refreshments

@wakely

Wilson in particular would notice some dishes that he might be familiar with, such as a big pot of meatie stew hanging around the center of one of the table. Pieces of taffy scattered about, a big slice of honey ham, and even a few bowls of guacamole here and there. While some of these dishes were almost alien to him, it appeared that there were at least a few that he felt a certain sense of familiarity with.

There also appeared to be a few people milling around the food and refreshments...

A trio that was composed of a blonde haired little girl, who couldn't be over the age of 9. She appeared to be snatching up sweets from the tables at an alarming rate, while a brown haired girl, who was about the same age as that blonde haired girl was not too far behind her, holding a cup full of lemonade in one hand, and holding the hand of a purple haired man who looked to be around his early twenties. He was carefully balancing a plate full of different colored macaroons, clearly trying to avoid spilling them, as his companions probably wouldn't be to happy over that.

Blonde haired girl seemed to be talking about something, while the purple haired man was trying to talk, and maintain the delicate balance of his plate full of macaroons at the same time. Though, the brown haired girl seemed rather quiet, but she did seem to stick close to that purple haired man, perhaps she was just a little apprehensive with all these strangers around...

On the other hand, there was a pair of girls hanging around the refreshments, except they didn't get anything yet. In fact, it seemed that a girl with short, dirty-blonde hair was tugging on the hand of a white haired girl with strange red eyes. Apparently the former was trying to pull the latter towards the refreshments, and they were having a somewhat friendly argument over something.

@Whoever Might Be Looking For Interactions At the Food and Refreshments
If anyone had tried to address Crona before, the young witch's child was far too busy getting the shit beat out of him by his own weapon partner to even notice if anyone had said anything. But really, the person playing Crona was just too sick to write any more replies yesterday. XD

tumblr_nb5i06QXcI1ta9suso1_500.gif

"OW OW OW OW! THAT'S MY NOSE! RAGNAROK, LET ME GO RIGHT NOW!"

"Nice try, twerp! Take some of this and a little of that! And some more of this! HA HA HA HA-- Oh!"

For a brief moment, Ragnarok released his hold on Crona's face when he noticed a refreshments table somewhere across the room. "FOOOOD!" the demon sword exclaimed, opening his big chops to lick his lips. "Crona, let's go over there! I promise I'll stop yanking on your nose if you just take us over there! Heh heh heh..."

Ysrqmpq.png

"F-F-Fiiiiiine!" Crona exclaimed, his left eye twitching involuntarily as he reached up to rub his sore nose. Slowly, the young meister made his way over for the refreshments table, allowing Ragnarok to eat to its heart's content. That is, if that mean demon even had a heart! Crona wished that bully would stop picking on him all the time!

@Anybody​
"Well, huh. This doesn't look like the Kanzuki ballroom..."
Sakura Kasugano looked up from the letter, finding herself in a very unfamiliar place. Sure, she'd only been to a few of Karin's parties, and hardly ever stayed indoors during them, but this place looked nothing like a place Karin would host a party in. Too...weird. Even for a Halloween party.
And looking at all the people here, her costume felt rather weird too. Really fake, compared tohow authentic the others were. But hey! That was what made Halloween fun, right? Different costumes all around. Heck, even Hibiki-san had a cute pumpkin costume!
Speaking of...
"Uhhh...Hibiki-san?" Sakura waved her hand in front of Dan's face. Ever since they somehow got here from reading two letters Sakura found in her backpack (no idea HOW they got there) he'd been petrified, almost, a look of abject terror on his face. "Earth to Hibiki-san!"
"Wha-?! Oh. Ehehe...Sakura!" Dan tried to play off his fear with a nonchalant laugh, which would have been convincing had he not forced it so hard. "Just scoping this party out!"
"Sure thing," Sakura replied with a laugh. Poor guy was scared to death,she could always tell. But she had a feeling it hurt his pride if she commented on it, so she let thepoor man be. But for now... "The invitation said we need to stay a while, let's get some snacks!"

Pulling him by the arm, Sakura brought the two to the refreshment table, where Sakura noticed someone with pink hair with someone (?) stuffing itself full of food. "What a cool costume!" Sakura complimented Ragnarok. "But, uh, what exactly are you?"
Dan, meanwhile, tried to stay strong through this strange party, picking up some taffy and eating piece after piece.
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Back with Dr. Wilson, the Black Knight smiled.

"I expect- The settings look modern enough, though I find my curiosity piqued at what the rest of the house might contain."

Scooby wasn't sure where to start at the desert table. There were so many different types of food that he could eat and he couldn't pick one. He took one of everything ( even the chocolate, because Scooby can apparently eat anything.) He then noticed the punch bowl and dunked his head in it, sipping some of it up.
Angela turned her head away from the Pyro for just a moment to answer the dark ironclad knight who was addressing everyone gathered around nearby. She tilted the brim of her hat downward with a solemn expression, "I belong to no kingdom. Having petty lords and kings tell me what to do and what to think isn't for me. I prefer to live far far away from any kingdom with others of a...similar mindset, deep in the Black Forest of Germany." the witch looked out from under her hat at the knight with a slight frown, "Do you serve anyone? You're dressed like a right soldier."

"Ah. Wonderful," Wilson said to the completely over-dressed medieval man. "I too would like to see what otherworldly technology lies in these rooms." Hopefully some solitary space to think as well. It was beginning to become a bit crowded at the refreshments table. All manners of peoples were gathering round and loudly and messily eating and -​
Was that a dog? Eating chocolate? Surely this world had no laws. Wilson watched enormous mutt with mild disgust. The entire punch bowl now contained the beast's head. Lovely.​
And then on the other side of the table were two ... country folk. Not to say they were unsophisticated! Simply of the type Wilson wouldn't normally socialize with, he decided, watching them ogle silver tin cans of something.​
The "knight" (to each their own, Wilson reminded himself) had turned his attention to a young blonde woman in a sort of spooky garb. She was speaking to the two country men and another tall person with a gas mask.​
It was all becoming a bit overwhelming, frankly. "You'll never have another chance like this, Wilson," he muttered under his breath. Not everyday you meet multidimensional peoples! He whipped the journal back out.​
"Hello," he said weakly, at the entire table. "What brings you all here? I ... I, for one, arrived here by accident. Which, which ... which is to say I arrived here through my own scientific inventions reacting unpredictably. Experimental, you see."​

"Well, huh. This doesn't look like the Kanzuki ballroom..."
Sakura Kasugano looked up from the letter, finding herself in a very unfamiliar place. Sure, she'd only been to a few of Karin's parties, and hardly ever stayed indoors during them, but this place looked nothing like a place Karin would host a party in. Too...weird. Even for a Halloween party.
And looking at all the people here, her costume felt rather weird too. Really fake, compared tohow authentic the others were. But hey! That was what made Halloween fun, right? Different costumes all around. Heck, even Hibiki-san had a cute pumpkin costume!
Speaking of...
"Uhhh...Hibiki-san?" Sakura waved her hand in front of Dan's face. Ever since they somehow got here from reading two letters Sakura found in her backpack (no idea HOW they got there) he'd been petrified, almost, a look of abject terror on his face. "Earth to Hibiki-san!"
"Wha-?! Oh. Ehehe...Sakura!" Dan tried to play off his fear with a nonchalant laugh, which would have been convincing had he not forced it so hard. "Just scoping this party out!"
"Sure thing," Sakura replied with a laugh. Poor guy was scared to death,she could always tell. But she had a feeling it hurt his pride if she commented on it, so she let thepoor man be. But for now... "The invitation said we need to stay a while, let's get some snacks!"

Pulling him by the arm, Sakura brought the two to the refreshment table, where Sakura noticed someone with pink hair with someone (?) stuffing itself full of food. "What a cool costume!" Sakura complimented Ragnarok. "But, uh, what exactly are you?"
Dan, meanwhile, tried to stay strong through this strange party, picking up some taffy and eating piece after piece.
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york
ap7AnJ7.png

While Ragnarok was too busy eating to answer the question asked by Sakura, Crona would respond, stuttering with widened eyes. "C-C-C-Costume!?" he asked, a deep frown curling on his lips. "B-But I'm... I'm not wearing a costume. This is just the way I always look."

Noticing someone had spoken to them, Ragnarok burst out laughing after realizing what the individual had asked, spitting food all over his partner. "HAHAHAHA! Don't listen to Crona. He is wearing a costume. He's dressed up like a wimpy little loser!"

"Sh-Shut up, Ragnarok! That's not nice!" Crona exclaimed, straightening his back as he looked at the stranger. He didn't really know how to deal with people he didn't know, and was sorely tempted to hide under the table, but he knew his friends wouldn't want him to avoid strange people forever.

"I-I'm Crona. Is this supposed to be... some kind of costume party?" he asked Sakura, nervously fiddling with his hands.

@Yun Lee @Refreshments Table​

Perhaps one thing could be said about Yuki was her predictability in certain situations. She crossed her arms, staring at Miki with an attempt at looking haughty, her face flushed at the familiar sight of her friend holding out a tiny snack. She was the older one here, and yet the pink-haired girl found herself unable to relent in carrying out the familiar ritual between them. However, Yuki wanted to be a bit naughty after all, so when she leaned forward to take the snack, she jerked forward enough to bite both the snack and the tip of Miki's finger.

m4TA09p.png

She held that position, staring into her friend's eyes with a grin until Miki was forced to be the one to pull away. Yuki stuck out her tongue once she'd swallowed the snack. "Mii-kun, come on, if we stay here too long, we'll be beaten in the test of courage!" While it would have been in Yuki's usual nature to hang out by the refreshments for most of the evening, she felt a burning desire to complete the test she had perceived to be before her. It was supposed to be a night for a bit of scary fun, and Yuki was determined to impress her friends.

"Here, let's stuff my backpack with snacks so that we'll have food along the way!" The girl took off her pack, zipped it open, and held it out for Miki to drop food into. "Oh... you think Taromaru is here too? Of course, he wouldn't want to be anywhere where you are, Mii-kun..." Yuki sighed deeply and closed her eyes. "Taromaruuuu... where are you...?"

@Verite
Miki could still only frown at Yuki being so adamant about the test of courage. She personally didn't want to go on any test of courage in this foreign, strange place, but of course, if she'd said anything, Yuki would simply laugh it off and say she needed to be more, well, courageous. On top of that, it was imperative that her good mood be maintained, or there was no telling what would happen to her, whether they'd be able to return home or not.

Following the pink-haired girl around, Miki would purse her lips, before speaking again.

"I... I'm not sure if we're allowed to just take some food and stuff it somewhere for later. People might think we're being rude, Yuki-senpai," the girl said cautiously, though... upon further examination, everyone else seemed to be rather absorbed in their conversations, so this was all assuming they'd even notice. With a resigned sigh, she would do as expected, holding out the backpack for Yuki to drop food in.

"W-Whatever, just make sure no one sees you, okay?"

With that, she would give a small pout when Yuki would remind her of Taromaru's opinion of her, but... Well, it wasn't like she was wrong. Still, it stung a little, admittedly.

"I don't think Taromaru's here, Yuki-chan... If he was, he probably would stick out more. He's probably with Rii-san and the others for all we could know."

@Atomyk

ap7AnJ7.png

While Ragnarok was too busy eating to answer the question asked by Sakura, Crona would respond, stuttering with widened eyes. "C-C-C-Costume!?" he asked, a deep frown curling on his lips. "B-But I'm... I'm not wearing a costume. This is just the way I always look."

Noticing someone had spoken to them, Ragnarok burst out laughing after realizing what the individual had asked, spitting food all over his partner. "HAHAHAHA! Don't listen to Crona. He is wearing a costume. He's dressed up like a wimpy little loser!"

"Sh-Shut up, Ragnarok! That's not nice!" Crona exclaimed, straightening his back as he looked at the stranger. He didn't really know how to deal with people he didn't know, and was sorely tempted to hide under the table, but he knew his friends wouldn't want him to avoid strange people forever.

"I-I'm Crona. Is this supposed to be... some kind of costume party?" he asked Sakura, nervously fiddling with his hands.

@Yun Lee @Refreshments Table​
Sakura frowned upon hearing Ragnarok's rude comments. Maybe he was one of those kinds of friends that made rude jokes like that, she wasn't sure. But it seemed to upset Crona, so Sakura would go ahead and ignore Ragnarok for now.

"I'm Sakura, nice to meet you! And, uh...I'm not sure, actually. We were going to a costume party ourselves, but not this one. We just sorta appeared here?" She didn't get it much. But she did pick upba napkin to give Crona. "Your friend got some food on you..."
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Yuki casually waved off Miki's worries. "That's right, we'll just have to find them!" She stuffed food into the bag haphazardly, caring little for organization. That no one was paying attention to them just meant that they were on a secret mission, which made it all the more exciting.

Once the bag was stuffed, Yuki took it from her friend, zipped it up, and placed it back over her shoulders. She then took hold of Miki's hand and eagerly led her toward the double doors near the back of the ballroom.

RpZzELc.png

"Mii-kun, let's go!"

@Verite @york

Angela tipped her hat towards the two countrymen in greeting, and studied them coldly from behind the smile she wore. At first glance, the duo looked like nothing more than a bumbling pair of peasants, but the Devil was in the details. They were hiding some truly gruesome secrets, and having them all summed up under the word "evil" just wasn't good enough for the witch, "Oh? What about your summer was so 'evil'? Do tell!"

@Michale CS @Ringmaster
Pyro

"Nnpf tf mmmpf yof." He was trying to say 'nice to meet you.' But as per usual the gas mask.

"Amf mmf imf Flumfy!" He pointed to the stuffed unicorn toy. Furthering the idea of the individual being insane. Or extremely childlike. It had some burn marks. It also had a message on the side.

"Please don't remove this from Pyro. It helps keep him from setting things on fire. Sincerely, Medic and Engineer."

@Ringmaster @Archmage Jeremiah
Angela lit up like a Christmas tree after being introduced to the Pyro's pretty pink unicorn, and leaned in to daintily pet its head, "Ah!~ What's this little thing doing here? It's good to meet your friend too!~" she said with a light-hearted laugh, and making a mental note of the warning written on the stuffed animal's flank. How Angela loved to work with children and the mentally challenged alike. They always made for the most wonderful servants to have around the forest...

@The Wanderer

@wakely @Refreshments Table​

"Ah. Wonderful," Wilson said to the completely over-dressed medieval man. "I too would like to see what otherworldly technology lies in these rooms." Hopefully some solitary space to think as well. It was beginning to become a bit crowded at the refreshments table. All manners of peoples were gathering round and loudly and messily eating and -The "knight" (to each their own, Wilson reminded himself) had turned his attention to a young blonde woman in a sort of spooky garb. She was speaking to the two country men and another tall person with a gas mask.

It was all becoming a bit overwhelming, frankly. "You'll never have another chance like this, Wilson," he muttered under his breath. Not everyday you meet multidimensional peoples! He whipped the journal back out.

"Hello," he said weakly, at the entire table. "What brings you all here? I ... I, for one, arrived here by accident. Which, which ... which is to say I arrived here through my own scientific inventions reacting unpredictably. Experimental, you see."​
"I discovered my invitation on my table, after a Hunt."

He replied in kind, finishing his punch.

"Which in and of itself, is a story to share later. It is tradition after all. No?"

He glanced around the group and chuckled darkly.

"A group of strangers to one another, meeting under mysterious circumstance and with a story to share. If we are to be at the whims of our host, I for one would enjoy doing this properly."

@wakely @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva @The Wanderer @Michale CS @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Refreshments​

"I found out I was good at zombies and made it into a living." Leon summarized.

Clear enough, yet vague to hide details. Adjusting the scarf of his costume he added dryly.

"Still not paid enough for what I do."

But it had never been about money- If it had, he would have had ample opportunities to do what he liked elsewhere. No, for better or worse...Despite his beat expanding to encompass the world, he was at heart still that rookie cop from Raccoon City, trying to bring the Law and survive. One way or another. The food was great at least.

He eyed Ada and Valerie talking before finally shaking his head and muttering 'c'mon' to Vector as he moved to speak to them both.

To Valerie first he said the following.

"Hi. Leon Kennedy. Not sure where you come from, but you've been glancing at the table for a while. Its not poisoned- I've eaten enough of it. And if its a hallucination, then it shouldn't matter. Right?"

To Ada, he said less casually.

"Don't suppose you got any weapons? I know you keep some in your shoes. Me, my knife is gone, but they left my prop gun."

@Minerva @The Wanderer @Mason Moretti

----------------

"As you like sir."

Talbot replied as he took his place once more, gliding and offering refreshment to everyone.

"Cider, ma'am?"

The moment Alice looked at him, a brief flash of a possible future crossed her mind regarding the server.

Danger.

Danger!

"....Ma'am?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Mari

--------------

"Its true, yes. At least the Romania I come from."

He finished his food and pushed the helmet back down, his next move to select a straw for his drink. A moment later, he chuckled and added.

"I've....A bit of personal experience on the subject. Beyond that, its capital city is a place of fog and black miasma- Sanguine influence rules the night and they like to test their boundaries."

He gave a small shrug, which explained a bit about the armor now.

At Tucker and Dale's words, he chuckled and spoke to them.

"You're dealing with this pretty well. Most tend to be freaked out with...Stranger things." He ended diplomatically.

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9
@Archmage Jeremiah @The Wanderer @Minerva
@Chewy Rabbits @wakely @york

"Well, Mr. Kennedy, the thought of it being poisoned hadn't crossed my mind. After all, we are guests. Even if we were intended to die in here at the hands of the ghost, the method of killing might be something more spectacular than that. She's gone through so much effort, the killing would be a much more elaborate display, not some cheap foolish kill. Even then, it seems as if there is some legitimacy to this party. At this moment, I assume that we are meant to enjoy the party.

"No, my real issue with the food is a bit simpler. I..." Valerie showed a small look of shame and said, "I'm trying really hard to keep my figure, and honestly I've cheated on my diet enough this week. Even if it's an illusion, I do not wish to risk the carbs."

#Refreshments

@Ringmaster @The Wanderer @Minerva @Mason Moretti

Sakura frowned upon hearing Ragnarok's rude comments. Maybe he was one of those kinds of friends that made rude jokes like that, she wasn't sure. But it seemed to upset Crona, so Sakura would go ahead and ignore Ragnarok for now.

"I'm Sakura, nice to meet you! And, uh...I'm not sure, actually. We were going to a costume party ourselves, but not this one. We just sorta appeared here?" She didn't get it much. But she did pick upba napkin to give Crona. "Your friend got some food on you..."
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
qlWFPd7.png

"O-Oh, I see," Crona said, avoiding eye contact with Sakura as they spoke. He would look at the floor, rubbing one of his arms shyly. "The same thing happened to me. I just appeared here. I-I was just in my room and then suddenly I wasn't. Do you know how to leave this place?" he asked, flinching when he lifted his head back up and saw Sakura handing him the napkin. "Ah! Th-Thank you," he said, hesitantly reaching out to take the napkin. "Ragnarok... gets food on me all the time."

Ragnarok chuckled when he would be mentioned. "Kind of hard not to get food on you when I'm attached to your back."

@Yun Lee

Reactions: extinct
qlWFPd7.png

"O-Oh, I see," Crona said, avoiding eye contact with Sakura as they spoke. He would look at the floor, rubbing one of his arms shyly. "The same thing happened to me. I just appeared here. I-I was just in my room and then suddenly I wasn't. Do you know how to leave this place?" he asked, flinching when he lifted his head back up and saw Sakura handing him the napkin. "Ah! Th-Thank you," he said, hesitantly reaching out to take the napkin. "Ragnarok... gets food on me all the time."

Ragnarok chuckled when he would be mentioned. "Kind of hard not to get food on you when I'm attached to your back."

@Yun Lee
"How to leave?" As Sakura repeated Crona's question, she idly picked a cookie up off the table and nibbled on it in thought. "Sorry, but I really have no idea! The invitation did say we'd stick around until they said so, so maybe we just hang out?" Noticing a little girl run to the double doors, she added, "Maybe those doors have an answer? Woah, wait...attached to your back? How does that work?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"Well, Mr. Kennedy, the thought of it being poisoned hadn't crossed my mind. After all, we are guests. Even if we were intended to die in here at the hands of the ghost, the method of killing might be something more spectacular than that. She's gone through so much effort, the killing would be a much more elaborate display, not some cheap foolish kill. Even then, it seems as if there is some legitimacy to this party. At this moment, I assume that we are meant to enjoy the party.

"No, my real issue with the food is a bit simpler. I..." Valerie showed a small look of shame and said, "I'm trying really hard to keep my figure, and honestly I've cheated on my diet enough this week. Even if it's an illusion, I do not wish to risk the carbs."

#Refreshments

@Ringmaster @The Wanderer @Minerva @Mason Moretti

"Ah yes! A healthy diet is the key to a healthy body!" Dan would say, his mouth stuffed with taffy. He wiped his hand on the front of his costume, leaving a pink smudge on one of the jack-o-lantern eyes. "By the way, that is a fantastic costume! Where do you even get contacts like that?"

@Mason Moretti

"Oh don't worry." Nikkari smiled. "I've dealt with ghost in the past. In fact I was even used to-" Before he could continue a girl with a serving tray would walk up to them.

"Shrimp? Don't mind if I do." Removing one from the tray, Nikkari would inspect it a bit before putting it in his mouth. "So tasty. Thank you for the food."

@Verite @Ringmaster
Richter furrowed an eyebrow when Nikkari would take a piece of food so easily, without much suspicion other than a simple inspection. After all, for all he knew, it could have been poisoned. Not that Richter was exactly any better, considering he, in the past, had quite literally whipped walls until they gave way, and revealed perfectly fine pork chops underneath...

But he didn't like talking about that family habit.

That said, with a resigned sigh, he would take another piece of shrimp as well from the tray, giving it a try. Rather than commenting on the quality of the food, he would silently swallow it down, before speaking to Nikkari again, crossing his arms. "I suppose that makes two of us, as far as encountering evil ghosts go. I wouldn't suppose you know about how you or I stumbled in here?"

@Jeremi @Ringmaster

"How to leave?" As Sakura repeated Crona's question, she idly picked a cookie up off the table and nibbled on it in thought. "Sorry, but I really have no idea! The invitation did say we'd stick around until they said so, so maybe we just hang out?" Noticing a little girl run to the double doors, she added, "Maybe those doors have an answer? Woah, wait...attached to your back? How does that work?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Ah yes! A healthy diet is the key to a healthy body!" Dan would say, his mouth stuffed with taffy. He wiped his hand on the front of his costume, leaving a pink smudge on one of the jack-o-lantern eyes. "By the way, that is a fantastic costume! Where do you even get contacts like that?"

@Mason Moretti

"Thank you! I made it myself, inspired by my lovely Fairy-Type Pokémon. It helps me feel more close to them. It's actually quite heavy."

"As for these contacts? They're prescription. Here, see?"

Valerie removes a contact, revealing that, while she does wear them, and they add a slight tint, her eyes are still fairly big hand glassy, similar to her Sylveon's eyes.

#short post
@Yun Lee

Angela tipped her hat towards the two countrymen in greeting, and studied them coldly from behind the smile she wore. At first glance, the duo looked like nothing more than a bumbling pair of peasants, but the Devil was in the details. They were hiding some truly gruesome secrets, and having them all summed up under the word "evil" just wasn't good enough for the witch, "Oh? What about your summer was so 'evil'? Do tell!"
"Well, ya see, Tuck and I, we bought a vacation home. And it was a beaut."
"On the way up there, we see these college kids."
"...one of em ended up being my girlfriend, Allison. Anyway we talked to em a little bit-"
"Cept that didn't go so well. Dale here ain't all that smooth with the ladies. Though he's gotten better."

"Anyway, our first night out we was fishin, and Allison she and her friends were goin swimmin in the lake."
"Well she noticed us, got startled and fell into the lake, smackin' her head pretty good."
"So I dove in and rescued her."
"Anyhow when she come to, she had the wrong idea about me."

"And you had the wrong idea about breakfast."
"It was an honest mistake... we got on the case tryin' to find her friends while she rested up from that knock on her head..."
"...next thing you know, these college kids were killin themselves all over our property."
Tucker+and+dale+vs+evil_4b38b1_5964655.gif
Tucker_f23d77_5964655.gif
"There was the guy who impaled himself on a stick in the new crapper hole..."

"Then there was the guy who was allergic to bees... ran from em so hard he impaled himself too. At the time we thought it was some suicide pact."
"Turn't out that most of em was just dumb. like the guy who threw himself at Tuck while he was unawares and ended up in the wood chipper while it was goin."

"One of em though, this guy was just evil. Threatened to shoot my dog. He's the one who took my finger so's I had to get a new one."
"I beat em off though, eventually. Dale was in too bad a way after the bees and losin a finger and all that. But he got away in the forest. The house blew up due to an unfortunate moonshine explosion..."
"That ain't all of it neither. Them's just the highlights. As it were."
"Yup."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Ringmaster @ whomever #Refreshments

Scooby finished sipping up some of the punch and decided he was going to eat some of his food.

Scrappy had decided that he needed to have a conversation. It was only polite to do so. " Hi, I'm Scrappy," he said introducing himself to Alice.

@Mari @Ringmaster @Anyone who wants to talk to Scooby

"Confusing." Leon said flatly, looking under the brim of his hat at Ada and her ease.

Stupid, sexy spies with their stupid, sexy manner of fitting in anywhere.

Back to Vector, he paused briefly as the mute girl approached and looked at the former Umbrella Operative.

"Friend of yours?"

@The Wanderer @york @Minerva
Vector

Vector nodded at Leon's words. "So, what did you get up to after Raccoon City?" He asked, before the strange mute girl walk up to him.

"Hello?" He said. A part of him was immediately thinking of theories as to why this girl had approached him. With what appeared to be fascination about him. Was she with Umbrella? Or perhaps something else? Either way. Alarm bells were going off. But, thankfully, he was the type to think before acting. As another part of him for his paranoia. But, still told him to be cautious.

"You get used to it." He added in to what Leon had said.​

Well, the girl seemed mostly benign, and only peered at him... Though there were plenty of other people to peer at, she seemed to have taken an odd sort of interest in him, brief as it may be. On the other hand, she did seem a bit distracted by something all of a sudden, quietly, she handed Vector a slip of paper. All it said on it was "Poniko", guess that was her name?

At any rate, as quickly as she came, she left, heading out the double doors and into the hallway beyond.

@The Wanderer @Ringmaster @Others

Yuki casually waved off Miki's worries. "That's right, we'll just have to find them!" She stuffed food into the bag haphazardly, caring little for organization. That no one was paying attention to them just meant that they were on a secret mission, which made it all the more exciting.

Once the bag was stuffed, Yuki took it from her friend, zipped it up, and placed it back over her shoulders. She then took hold of Miki's hand and eagerly led her toward the double doors near the back of the ballroom.

RpZzELc.png

"Mii-kun, let's go!"

@Verite @york
@Verite @Atomyk
@People Going Exploring

Hmm, since they didn't have a map of the area yet, it looks like those who chose to explore outside of the ballroom would have to find their way the old fashioned way; random exploring! Or somewhat co-ordinated exploring, but it was a little difficult to tell what lay ahead of them.

CzgApb2.jpg

As soon as they stepped outside of the ballroom, they found themselves in a bit of a walkway, and they could notice a pair of stairs leading down to the bottom floor. On the other hand, they could barely make out signs on around four seperate doors, besides the ballroom of course. To their left, there was one big pair of doors, labeled "bedrooms", at least they had a place to spend the night.

To their right, there were three other doors; one labeled "hall of mirrors", one labeled "arcade", and one simply called "hall of jumpscares", this one had a silly looking cartoonish ghost painted on it.

"Hmm...? Oh yeah, right I suppose I did say that... Though it doesn't seem like it was all that long ago..." Keaton spoke having completely missed Sam flipping him off in favor of conversing with Wadanohara. However as Keaton moved to sit on the floor to make it easier for Wadanohara to pet him it's clear his eyes were locked on Micheal. Something about the masked man rubbed him the wrong way.

"Huh... So is this the girl you wouldn't shut up about, Keaton...? The one who reattached your arm..?" Asugi spoke up looking down at Wadanohara with his usual relaxed expression.

@Hana @Sen @Crow @Ringmaster @Takumi @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay
WwEGyFe.png

When Keaton mentioned that it hadn't been all too long ago that he remembered talking to her, the witch smiled wryly to herself with a gentle laugh. "Time passes differently for our worlds, so I almost didn't recognize your voice. It's been more than three hundred years since I last heard all of you," Wadanohara admitted plainly, the passage of time for her was much much different. Yet the witch looked like she hadn't aged a day, much the same like her father if he had lived. "Though I still have your Beaststone and Kana-chan's dragon scale." They were truly memoirs from happier times for her, after all... No matter how brief her time was with them in Rapture. The dragon scale shone as nicely as ever, still as strong even after so long. Dragons were really remarkable.

She smiled as he made himself comfortable on the floor, reaching out to gently touch the wolfskin leader's lovely ears. "You have such fluffy fur, it's really nice to touch." Keaton got embarrassed about anyone touching his tail or his ears, but he really was a big softie, wasn't he? Even if they were both wary of Michael, she kept up the conversation and scratched him behind the ears.

When his friend spoke, the witch opened her eyes more and looked up at the ninja. "Oh, hello there. I'm Wadanohara, and I met Keaton back in Rapture." She blinked and turned to the wolfskin once again. "Oh, he does?" It was a bit heartening even to the usually solemn witch to know that Keaton talked about her and remembered. Returning to petting Keaton, she chuckled.

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Kaykay @Anyone else in the vicinity I guess​

Status
Not open for further replies.