Spartans Never Die OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Name: Raegan Addler (Codename: Ray)
Species: Modified human (spartan III)
Appearance:
halo_spartan_soldier_by_kostasishere-d4s7dw7.jpg

th
Private First Class
Weapons:
- Prototype Rail Gun (Since this is before the post-war era, these rail guns were still in the prototype since there wasn't enough resources and working models to mass produce them)
- XBR55 Battle rifle (Primary weapon)
- Combat knife (standard UNSC military grade)
- Fragmentation grenade 1x
- Napalm grenade 1x (AKA Incendiary grenade)

Background (warning, heavy wall of text):

Raegan was an unexpected twin, born along with her sister Riley on the same day... Her family was willing to accept Raegan into their family as well, but their financial situation eventually lead them to send her away to an orphanage on another planet when she was merely 2 years old. Even when they were light-years away, she still received digital letters from them every week, or sometimes only every month when communications were interrupted. They told each other of their own experiences and how much they missed each other, and Raegans parents promised that they'd be re-united again once their financial state improved. Once both Raegan and Riley had reached their 10th birthday, she received a letter from her parents along with a pass for a civilian transport ship headed towards her home planet.

The letter told her that she was able to come back to their family again, things have finally improved on their end just like they had promised. She was practically bursting with excitement that day unable to wait the few weeks before she was to board the ship that would take her home. However the strange thing was that she never received any digital letter from her parents, there was no notice that communications were down due to a nebular storm or something along those lines. The reason was only discovered a few days later; her home planet had been over-run and glassed by a large fleet of covenant cruisers, no survivors had been found under her family name. This was her breaking point, the moment she began to loathe the covenant with all her heart, she didn't care if she died trying, but she'd find a way to exact revenge, but that wasn't before shedding more than a few tears that night after going to bed earlier with the excuse that she didn't feel well

Not long after the large in-flow of other recent orphans, sharing her spite for the covenant, or the "mean aliens" as some of the younger ones such called them, a strange man arrived. He got everyone riled up about how much they hated the covenant, and asked if they wanted to be enlisted in a program, promising their wishes of exacting the revenge on the covenant would be granted. A large number of them enlisted, but upon the initial "initiation" procedure the numbers dwindled, after all, not everyone has the stomach for jumping out of a pelican high up in the air with only a manually activated parachute to save you. Raegan however, along with a few other orphans leaped out without hesitation, the plummet was a little troublesome at first for Raegan herself, however once the parachute activated, the fear she had felt almost practically vanished and her glee-full laughing could be heard the rest of the way down to the ground.

From there, she spent roughly 4 years in training after a few months of rehabilitation from the augmentation procedure, she was found to be very proficient with the Battle Rifle, and accurate even while firing a spartan laser (however she disliked the bulkiness of the weapon when she wielded it, so she was given a prototype rail-gun as it suited her needs better). She's known for being able to take out most enemies from a distance at medium to long range, and staying hidden in most environments that allow her to do so, often finding any places where she could hunker down and pick off or ambush approaching enemies.

During the free time she had at her military training facility, Raegan had always liked to use the local holo-pad to browse the military database she and others of her rank had access to. Often times, she liked to read up on and try to understand the forerunner technology mentioned there quickly developing a liking for the mysterious technology and the even more mysterious race that had manufactured it. When one of her supervisors noticed this, she had mentioned it to one of the superiors, and eventually once Raegan's physical combat and weapons training was complete, she was assigned to various missions that involved exploring and securing forerunner complexes that have been recently discovered. This lead to her eventual arrival on the UNSC Frigate Arctic Wind; she was a valuable asset being deployed with a good knowledge on medium to long range combat as well as basic knowledge on forerunner constructs such as light bridges, terminals, and basic weaponry (sentinel beams in particular no hard light weaponry and all that o.o).

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddeline
hmm, this seems soooo tempting…
Lemme see what I can do in terms of a character, I may just play some random covenant or UNSC fodder character.
But if he dies I will make it the most tear jerking death in all of halo! minus cortana, or johnson, or commander keyes, or captain keyes or…we'll you get the just.

Because everyone needs that one (or eight) redshirt character/s to concrete the fact that death is bad, m'kay?

I'm interested, though I see you have two Spartans who use a DMR. Are they an official sniper? If not, I would love to be the resident sharpshooter.

Another few quick questions. Which armor permutations are we allowed to pick from? I know we're Spartan IIIs, but are we able to choose armors from other games? Also related to being a Spartan III, do we have any armor abilities at our disposal?

I'm interested, though I see you have two Spartans who use a DMR. Are they an official sniper? If not, I would love to be the resident sharpshooter.

Another few quick questions. Which armor permutations are we allowed to pick from? I know we're Spartan IIIs, but are we able to choose armors from other games? Also related to being a Spartan III, do we have any armor abilities at our disposal?

No, no official sniper, but you can take that spot!
As for armor, I'm very loose. Spartan II, Black Armor, Spartan III, and some spartan IV armor.
There won't be armor abilities since all but the medic shield and jet pack are standard issue to the armor or the user can perform it.

I'm okay with that as far as armor abilities go. I just thought I'd ask.

I'll RSVP a sniper. I'll work on him and should have the character done by tonight, if not early tomorrow.

o.o

I don't mind all the Spartans, but @Maddeline what happened to only having 4 Spartans?

OOOOOH! A Halo RP? Haven't seen one of these in a while!!! Oh definitely a rarity indeed!
I'm so posting an IC post tomorrow!
There seems to be an awful amount of Spartans(any ODST? Seriously?)...Covenant cannon fodder it is!

Last edited:
Just because there is only a squad of four doesn't mean that there can't be more Spartans- could always change the story to start on a UNSC refueling station or something with spare Spartans.

I like the idea of more covenant!

Reactions: Nue
Name: Little Bit Heavy
Species: Huragok
Appearance:
th

Weapons: None (suicide vest wasn't required since engineers aren't deployed in combat on this cruiser)
Background:
Little bit heavy was placed on the divine storm to repair and maintain it's plasma arsenal, when it had first been discovered by the covenant, it had assisted them along with many other of it's "buddies" (specifically the prophets) in reverse engineering many pieces of forerunner technology. This lead to the development of the plasma weaponry, shielding, etc. It had gathered the most data from Covenant plasma weaponry which it often uses to repair the damage dealt to them in battle. However when the ship drifted within close range of one of the halo installations and it's plasma arsenal had been put on standby so the ring wouldn't be damaged Little Bit Heavy was left without much purpose slowly growing quite bored without anything to fix or mess around with...

th

Just because there is only a squad of four doesn't mean that there can't be more Spartans- could always change the story to start on a UNSC refueling station or something with spare Spartans.

I like the idea of more covenant!
YAY, I like you liking my idea of more Covenant!!

Name: Isaac Hawkins (Code Name: Hawk)
Species: Human Spartan (Spartan ID: S287)
Appearance: Without helmet and in armor.
Weapons:
- SRS-99 AM (Halo: Reach Sniper Rifle)
- M6C/SOCOM (Silenced Pistol from Halo: ODST)
- Fragmentation Grenade x2
- Combat Knife: Standard issue military grade

Background:
Isaac is one of the few humans who are still born and raised on Earth, the home of Humanity, as the majority of the population now lives among the stars. Isaac is a dual rarity; while many soldiers have been left as orphans, both of his parents have survived the war with the Covenant thus far and still proudly serve the UNSC back home. Isaac was recruited and trained at the young age of 12, where his aptitude for accuracy and patience led him to excel as a marksman and assassin. His file contains several examples showcasing him saving the lives of his comrades with a well aimed shot, as well as damaging enemy morale and helping to turn the tide of battle.

Perhaps his most remarkable achievement was the successful assassination of an Elite named Gor Kelduum, one of the primary leaders of a Covenant occupation force on Harvest. Having hidden himself in the mountains, Hawkins remained in place, nearly motionless for 32 hours to obtain his shot. His 50 cal. round went clean through the Sangheili's right eye. While the planet was ultimately lost and glassed, the loss of Gor slowed the enemy advance enough to allow the safe evacuation of the local civilians.

Isaac prefers to engage his enemies from long to extreme long range, using his optic implants as well as the specialty of his helmet's specs to line up the perfect shot and strike without warning. Or mercy. He watches his squad's back, keeps them safe and eliminates otherwise out of reach, high priority targets. However, if forced into close to medium range Hawkins relies on his side-arm, an M6C silenced pistol for a barrage of quick and accurate shots all without alerting nearby forces.

Last edited:

Name: Toha 'Derai
~
Nickname: some humans call him 'Arctic'
~
~
Species: Sangheili
~
~
Appearance: With Armor- as shown, it's a lightly colored spec-ops armor
Facial appearance- [spoili]
Halo-Reach-Elites-580x352.jpg
[/spoili] There is a claw-marked scar a bit past his left eye, but other than that, that feral look is spot on.
~
~
Weapons: Type-1 Energy Sword, Type-31 Needle Rifle, and Type-25 Directed Energy Pistol
~
Background: Toha 'Derai started out in the common rooms and trained like the rest of his brothers. Like everyone else there, who his parental figures were of no matter. He ended up very good in terms of both combat and tactics, For he was better than most at the competitions, not all, but most. So at the age of being in the military force, he was an officer and was granted swordsmanship rights, who served under General Lak Mortumee until sometime when he was promoted to Field Marshal. At that time life changed, for he was about to be switched over to Special Operations due to his 'different' combat skills. But alas, he refused, and someone else took his place. Instead, he took the role of an Ossoumo, a less honorable, yet still important role. During which he gained his amazing stealth skills by mass infiltration and intelligence on the whereabouts and movements of the UNSC's main army forces during the beginning The War. And eventually his role was switched again to a Stealth Soldier. During the War he was tasked to take out several key figures and structures, many of which seemed hard to do, especially for Toha to do all by himself. But alas he did, and did them very cleverly too. Earning him the nickname 'Arctic' by some of the humans, Toha was named this for most of his tasks were done during the winter time. His hardest task was to kill two 'Spartans' at one time. One was named Laika, and the other was named Mala, The two appeared to be close friends as they constantly chatted with each other. They were posted on a small outpost on the side of a mountain. He decided to wait until they were all alone....and strike then. When this situation occurred, which it did, He leaped from a ledge to kill them both, it partially worked, killing Mala, but Laika Dodged, and It was a brutal fight, ending with his scar and her escaping. He barely managed to get out and heal himself back up. With that last task 'finished', Toha was finally placed into Special Operations as an officer, in charge of any Sabotage or infiltration missions which stealth was most useful, and he was placed there and assigned to be one of the few SO groups on the cruiser Divine Storm.

Toha's combat differs from that of the typical Sangheili, hence why he was offered into Special Operations, He prefers agility and speed over brute strength. and prefers medium to long range instead of close range Combat.

He is so intelligent that he thought it upon himself that The Covenant's religion is false, and prefers not to follow it, however he will never publicly nor privately address it. In terms of the Code of Honor, he totally takes that to the wind, for even though he was taught this and it went with him wherever it goes. It is still tactically stupid and is probably why death is always around the corner. He will never pubicly nor privatetly address this either

Yay! Gonna formulate a post about "Ray"'s activity's on the station before departure :P Ps: I got a bad vibe about that cylinder thing the covenant found... You all remember what happened to the humans when they found something like that... Right?

It's not a nova bomb- but it is pretty significant.

It's not a nova bomb- but it is pretty significant.
I was referring to those Precursor capsules that contained that "flood powder" o.o

ummm @york ....
You have two copied posts ;)