Soul Reapers Like Sweets, Right?

She smiled when he showed his relief so easily, and even complimented her technique. "My mom got stiff easily, so I used to massage for her a lot, even before she got sick. I'm not especially confident, but I at least feel I'm not terrible at it. I'm relieved I was able to help though." When she felt it wasn't too tense anymore, she got of after warming him down from the massage and went to eat her food, not replying to his statement about protein until afterwards. "Well, true, it's not good to go overboard either...But it's good you eat enough of it at home. It's essential!"

"Spoken like a true dietician." He said with a tiny smirk. He was a guy after all and had to at least have some kind of meat in his diet, no matter how chaotic his life seemed. But, he would usually soak in the tub if his body wasn't feeling good. Maybe he should get a massage every time he would come back from a fight and a ice bath if he used the full extent of his abilities. Receiving a mental nod of agreement, he kept that plan in the works. It'd be better than sleeping the day away because of overly sore parts.

She laughed a bit at his response to her. A dietician? There was no way she was one- she only knew what any kid that went to high school did if they paid attention in health class- and a bit extra from cookbooks that pushed healthy eating. To her, it was just natural to know these things as a chef. "Knowing how to make a rounded meal is important for someone who's cooking for other people, you know? It's not just the presentation and taste that matters, but the health of the person eating is important as well. So I work hard to maintain that at least a bit. Though taste and presentation are very important as well."

"Mhm. I've seem some foods that tasted pretty good, but where poorly presented." He said with a slight nod mentally referencing a time in which he went to a nice restaurant. The food was good but the employees lacked that creative flare that most cooks would already added to the dish to make sure that the customer would like said dish. He had almost wanted to help the cook out but that would end badly. Sadly, After Johnathan left that day, the restaurant lost quite a bit of money that day.

She giggled a bit, smiling. "Well, that's true. It varies from one place to another. But...I think what matters most is making sure the customer gets something that makes them smile in the long-run. If it's tasty and it makes them happy to look at, it's a lot easier to enjoy the food you eat. And enjoying your food is part of the experience." She soon began to eat from her own plate, happily chewing on small bites she would take from the fork. "Food is an amazing thing...It can change someone's perspective so quickly, you wouldn't even realize it happened sometimes."

"As the saying goes," He said before taking a few bites of what was on his plate as well. "The most common way to someone's heart is through their stomach." Which was true in many accounts. A good meal can change how one thinks things through. For a rather current example, Johnathan was enjoying this current meal. So, in retrospect, he had ideas to put a trace seal if something were to happen to her but stopped that line of thinking when he remembered that no one in this town had spirit energy as strong as hers.

She was unaware of the way his thoughts were changed by her food, rather only noticing that his use of the common phrase made her curious. "Well, they do say that...And while I'd normally debate it in terms of it being a fact, I know it tends to work well for me!" She giggled, eating slowly but surely, enjoying each bite with a smile. "But it's important not to push that too much, I think. After all, you'd hurt someone if you made them eat too much...And it'd hurt them if you actually tried to go through their stomach too. So...Even sayings like that are best kept in check. Everything in moderation, right?"

"Also true." He said as he took a bite of the food on his plate. 'Everything in moderation' seemed to be something that most people really needed to learn. Then again, he was one of those that needed to learn that saying. When you can literally kick a wall in without accutaly kicking said wall or doing the impossible at dumb times made one want to take things slow. For quite some time, he was just looking at his fork while thinking about so many other things plus the whole moderation deal.