Soul Reapers Like Sweets, Right?

Somehow not expecting to go with him to the library, she ended up smiling a bit as she nodded. "Sounds good to me, if you'd like to go together. I don't really know what to cook yet, so I guess for now I'll just borrow a new cookbook." She held a hand out to him for a moment, her smile still rather vibrant. She was naturally energetic, though it was hard to say whether that meant she was happy or not. "Let's be careful not to get separated okay? Since we're going together."

He nodded and simply took her hand into his own. This was a huge turn of events as to what he was concerned by. The malicious intent seemed to leave as soon as he took her hand. Normally, if something was trying to kill him, whatever it was would try to attack him by now. Though, he was more curious about the blue butterfly from a long time ago. "Allright." Johnathan with a small smile.

Smiling in return, she began to head towards the library while grasping his hand- something that made her hand warm in a foreign way that she couldn't express. She didn't normally touch people more than needed for work, so the rare scenario caught her off-guard even though she'd been the one to initiate it. She worked hard not to let it show, and simply tried to focus on the route, before turning to look at him, not enjoying the silence she felt was eminent. "What sort of books do you think you'll look for?"

"Honestly, I have no idea." He informed her. Truthfully, he did have no idea where to look but he'd have to start somewhere. Maybe with old fables and myths? A good starting point but it would maybe lead to nothing. Though, to his musings, he never knew that she felt somewhat off. Ah well, there was more important things to take care of. As they got to the library, he noted that it seemed like it was new but felt that it was already rather old.

"It's new and old. The building is rather old, but the library was only actually put in recently- they redid a good bit of the inside to make it easier to deal with. It was really dusty I hear, when they started working on it." She giggled a bit, holding the door to peek inside. "It's a small library compared to some others, but they have a unique selection. I'm sure we'll both find something neat- at least I sure hope so."

"Me too, me too." He said as he looked at the interior of said building. While they walked in, he wanted to let go of her hand but for some reason he didn't. With another quick smile, he pushed the door open. "Ladies first." He said while holding in a laugh at his chivalrous action.

She pouted for a moment at his attempt at chivalry, meaning to be playful, before laughing a bit at it instead. "Well thank you, good sir." She smiled brightly, entertained, and walked in ahead of him. Looking about at the shelves of books, she noted a magazine rack nearby that included a food-based magazine she'd read a few times in the past. After studying the rack for a bit, she waltzed over towards it and lifted up the thin magazine labeled with a cooking pun and some snippets of what was in it. She didn't salivate, but the image of a chocolate cake with fruit surrounding it made her slightly hungry despite having eaten. She flipped through it for a moment, smiling, before remembering Johnathan and turning to look in the direction she'd last seen him.

As the two entered the Library, Johnathan had noticed that she let go of his hand. With a hidden sad smile, he went to his own devices. At a section of old fables and myths. Realizing that he lost her, he sent out a small pulse wave to find out where she was. 'Good, she's not far.' He thought to himself. Smiling, he opened the book. "Let's see...." As he flipped open a random book, he saw said blue butterfly he was trying to remember. "Only comes when one's future is at a vital point. Appears near humanity at said time the completely disappears." He read a random insert.

She hadn't heard what he'd read in the book, but did see the picture of the butterfly when looking over his shoulder by standing on her toes behind him. She put a hand on his shoulder to steady herself while doing so, smiling and pointing with her free hand, the magazine she'd been looking at tucked in her arm slightly. "That's the butterfly I saw last night." She smiled a bit as she looked at the picture, before returning to a normal standing posture. "It's pretty, isn't it? Does the book say what kind of food it'd like...?"

"Yeah, it is. This little insert I read said nothing on what it eats, only when it appears." He said while thinking about when he last saw it. Oddly, it was when he defected from soul society. Then he saw it again when he went back to Eluna Meadow after 3 years. Needless to say, Johnathan seemed to be the 'key' to changing a lot of people's fate....not that he knew that of course..

She smiled a bit, not noting anything about his thoughts. Instead, she merely watched him, thinking over it herself instead. The book didn't state what it would eat, so she'd either have to wing it or give up. "I guess I'll just wing it then. I hope it'll like whatever I make for it, if it comes to eat it." With a soft giggle, she moved to look at some of the books in the section, but nothing really caught her attention. "What sort of books do you usually read? I don't actually like reading if it's not a cookbook, myself."

He shrugged and disregarded his earlier musings. "It depends on what I'm in the mood for." Almost forgetting the book on that butterfly, he slid it back into the shelf. "Mostly just basic things, and sometimes anatomy, and many other sciences. The occasional comic book every now and then too." He answered so casually. The main reason that he read into other sciences was to make proper experiments on certain aspects of his own ideas and sometimes his abilities.

"So you like science a lot...See? That's something I didn't know before!" She happily noted it, the grin on her face very sincere at this point. "I don't dislike science- science and mathematics are actually quite dire to cooking, after all- but I don't tend to go out of my way to read much of it. Though I've read some neat books about the way food affects the body, and other such things. So...I guess it just goes back to food with me, huh?" She giggled nervously at this factor, before watching him with a curious glance. "Does it go back to work for you too, to a degree?"

"In a sense, yes." He said with a smile. "During some travels of mine, I've pulled off some completely stupid, hilarious, and awesome things that got me curious about some of the works behind it." Yeah, defying all known sense of reality and doing the impossible seemed to be a hobby for Johnathan but not willingly of course. He even chuckled, remembering the things he got away with that will land most others in the hospital or a test lab....or both. Science also somewhat interested him for a long time, well that and history and cooking.

"Maybe you should become a scientist in the future. Though...I think a lot of professions are like being a scientist. I certainly feel like one when I'm trying out new recipes." She giggled a bit as she spoke the thought aloud, feeling a bit giddy over it, even though there was little reason. Chloe was certainly strong, but she was generally a normal human. The most unusual thing she did was use far more energy then a normal person but still seem to continuously have more. However, that was just a farce, so it didn't matter to her much. "Science is relative, I think, to many things...But that makes it minuscule a lot of the time."

"Nah, I just gather the info for a friend. He's the one that accutaly makes some sense of it due to being a former leader of a division that focused mainly on research and development." He said, remembering said division. Some of them were nice....their current leader, well let's leave the sanity comparissions at that. Though it was true that science related to alot of things. In rememberance, he couldn't help but to shudder almost violently. "The last time I was on their "hot list", I had created a new moniker for myself and managed to break the laws of reality by switching myself with a log. You can look at me like i'm crazy and laugh now."

She didn't look at him as though he was crazy let alone laugh. Instead, she related it in her head to something totally different. "Sounds like a ninja sort of. I saw it on a variety show once while I was eating breakfast...A ninja managed to change his form into a log. It was pretty neat. Fake, but neat." She giggled easily, smiling as if it was nothing out of the ordinary to talk about. "I thought of it sort of like making alterations to a recipe. Only a bit more extreme...Like when someone adds sugar instead of salt, or vice versa."

"That's a good point." He said while tilting his head. He never thought of that...then again, it was something completely random yet it happened. That he couldn't change so he just lived with it. "Never thought about it from that perspective." Mhm, He never thought about his more strange abilities like that at all. But oh well, maybe he'd show her some time.

She smiled simply to respond to his curious face. "We all tend to have a very specific way of thinking, so it tends to take others to help us think of things in a different perspective. Viewpoints vary based on life experiences and knowledge we possess, so since everyone's had a different background, it makes for many different ways to view something, doesn't it?" She giggled a bit, smiling. "I like to think of viewpoints like I think of preferences in food."

He nodded with her very valid explanation. "True. Then again, why are we talking about things like this in a library? It's a subject for more of a 'lunch date' or something." He said that last part quietly because as they were talking, he noticed some people had stopped and was staring more at him then her. Not really knowing that if she took it one way or the other, he looked at the small crowd around. "Don't you have better things to do then stare at two people talking?" He said with a slight edge in his voice and the crowd made themselves scarce.