Soul Reapers Like Sweets, Right?

"The only reason it seems like that is because I've been bringing up food a lot, isn't it? Though now that you mention it..." Chloe laughed a bit, smiling. "I'm actually a bit on the hungry side- maybe that's why I keep doing it." She hadn't noticed until then that the people around them were staring, because it was around the time he'd pointed out to the people that they were rude. A bit on the oblivious side, she smiled to him without a trace of concern. "Maybe they just think you're handsome? I mean, they're not off on that part." She didn't mean anything off, just simply stating something she thought of as a fact. "Hm...Well, now you have me thinking about lunch. Wanna come by my place for a bite on the way back?"

Johnathan had raised an eyebrow at the part of her calling him handsome. With an embarrassed smile, he scratched the back of his head. "I get that a lot no matter where I go. It's also one of the few reasons that I can't stay in one place for very long." He said recalling some of his escapades because he was around. With a barely hidden shudder, he forced down the memory of having a horde of fangirls chase after him one day back during his time in Soul Society. It was (ok, looking at the benefits it could be some good speed training but) not fun at all. If anything, he'd rather-'Focus!' Went a voice in his head and he almost missed the part of her asking if he wanted to stop by her place for a bite. "Sure."

"You can't stay in one place for long because people call you handsome?" She seemed a bit uncertain by the idea, not recognizing the idea of fangirls chasing him as a possibility. Chloe had issues with guys sometimes, but it wasn't like she was chased by them constantly, so to her that idea wasn't all too familiar. Still, she shook it off, realizing his issues were his own. It was rude of her to pry too much. Instead, she focused on his response to the idea of eating together. "Neat! It's been a while since I've had a house guest...But it's not too dirty, so it should be fine. Anything you have a yen for? I'll make anything, even if I have to look for a recipe first."

"Well, back in the academy days, I was seen as an 'enigma' for some odd reason. Plus the fact that I can cook and clean, Multiply that by the fact that I'm completely unlike any other soul reaper out there then subtract a 'Sweaty gym shirt that showed how fit I am underneath near hormonal teenage girls' incident and you get me." He said while trying to keep that last thought from forcing a violent reaction within. But it was actually easier than normal when she asked if he wanted anything specific. "Hmm....Nah. I'm in the mood for a surprise." He said with a slight happy smile.

She tried to process the equation he expressed, but held her head when she tried. "I'm going to bluntly note that I'm horrible at math. So I really don't get it. But...Whatever you say I guess. I'll just go ahead and say you should be careful of hormonal teenagers in general, and also anyone with hormones...Which is anyone." She laughed nervously, waving it off soon enough and instead trying to decide what to make. He wanted a surprise? That left quite a number of options. "Surprise huh? I might end up going overboard, but I'll make sure to make something tasty! Should we head out then? Or did you want to look around more first?"

He smiled and laughed a bit. It was a hypothetical - yet true and a joke - equation on how he seems. On a different note, he made the mental note to keep away from teenage and hormonal women in general. It went doubled whenever he wanted to get a workout done. But enough of that, he had his mind on what she could end up making. "Hey, the universal rule of 'There's no kill like overkill' applies here." He stretched a little then looked back at her. "Allright, lets go."

"No kill like overkill, huh? Never heard that one before...But it's a good one." She smiled as she tried to make sure the statement stayed in her memory for future use. When he agreed to join her in leaving, she put the magazine back to where it belonged, deciding she'd return for it later instead of worrying about it for the moment, then looked at him easily. "I know the way home at least. Ah, since we'll be eating, is there anything you can't eat? I know I asked you what you wanted, but I should ask about allergies too. It'd be bad if what I cook made you sick because I didn't know." She was happy to cook, and confident in her ability- but even she knew that some people had limits to their intake of nutrients. As they were leaving, she held the door open to him and looked towards the sky, filled with encouragement. "It's a nice day out. Maybe I'll use the nice weather to inspire the meal."

He thought about her question on what he couldn't eat. It was rather odd, he never heard of a soul reaper having allergies. Shrugging, he answered. "I wouldn't know, it never crossed my mind." True, everyone has their limits on food but he would just easily work off what he had added on. Though he had to agree, it was a nice day. He smiled and looked at the clear sky. It was days like this where he could just relax on a patch of grass or on a roof and just nap with the slight breeze that occasionally blew. "Yeah. It kinda makes me want to nap on a patch of grass or something."

Chloe had no choice but to ask about allergies, because she had often met people with them at work. In her case, she didn't know much about the eating habits of soul reapers- so she just looked at him the same as before she'd known he was one, a normal person with normal possibilities playing a part in his life. "Well, hopefully that just means you don't have anything to worry about, meaning I won't either." She smiled easily, walking briskly as she enjoyed the sun against her skin, embracing her in an invisible warm blanket. When he mentioned the idea of napping, she giggled a bit. "For me, it makes me want to run around and play all day. Or cook something sweet."

He chuckled a bit as they continued their walk to her house. Though if he had any recipes in mind, it would possibly be sweet too. With one thing in mind, he relaxed his very being and thought about happier times during his travels. It made him more grateful of the good time. Johnathan's hazel eyes seemed distant as he felt more at peace with this day now more than any other. This day could not get any better.

She glanced at him once in a while as they walked, noting the distance in his eyes, but smiling as she sensed the relaxed nature about his figure. When she turned to look away from him, as to not stare, she felt a smile tinging, not letting her move her lips much as she did so. Once at the bakery, she opened the door and held it out for him, nodding to him. "I live in an apartment upstairs. Make yourself at home, okay? I'm going to use the kitchen down here, but I can unlock the door to go upstairs if you want, so that you can go on ahead."

Johnathan had regained his focus when they finally got to said bakery. With a nod, he said "It's cool, I can wait." He said as he walked into said bakery and stood off to the side. He didn't have any idea that she pretty much lived here nor an apartment was pretty much above. He probably thought that the owner of said store said it was ok for her to live there. During his musings, he took out his cell phone and saw that he had a voicemail. He shrugged and left it for later.

Chloe had decided that for a nice day, things that represented nice weather were a good idea. When she cooked, she used many colorful vegetables and fruits to make a salad that was gently sweet, but mostly savory. For a main dish, she went for a chicken cutlet, sauteed in a lemon butter sauce and with a few lemon slices around the plate. She included some other simple sides, but it was mostly a very simple meal, yet very delicately made. As she finished cooking in the oven, sweat settling on her brow, she carried the plates on a tray often seen in restaurants, and used it to help her to the steps and upwards, turning to look at him when he was still on the first floor. "You waited down here? I thought we'd eat up in my living room, but I suppose we can eat down here if you want..."

As she went upstairs to cook, he had waited until she was completely gone before taking out his cell and called up a friend. There wasn't anything of much importance being discussed but it was work call none the less. As the call went on, he smelled something good was cooking. After receiving some information and a small bit of non-time sensitive orders, he flipped the phone shut. "We can eat in the living room if you wanted. I just had to phone a friend." He said as he decided to stop leaning against the wall.

She smiled to him simply, nodding. "The living room is more comfortable, though I don't find it uncomfortable down here necessarily. It's neat that you made use of your time to talk to your friend while you waited- I'm glad you weren't bored." She turned to the door to the apartment upstairs and managed to open it while carrying what was needed, turning to egg him to join her as she made her way up the carpeted steps into a mildly furnished living space. The main room wasn't exquisitely big, and it was rather sparsely furnished, but she seemed rather happy with it. Taking the food to the wooden coffee table in front of the couch, she set the food carefully so that there were two settings, and took a seat on the floor across from the window. "You can sit on the couch or the floor, it doesn't matter. Just make yourself at home, okay?"

He nodded and joined her in going up to her home. After looking around and feeling a comfortable vibe from just looking, he joined her and sat on the other side of the table. Easy in, easy out escape plan if it was needed was in his brain as he looked at the food on the table. With a smile, he looked at the assembled pallet the looked back at her. Nodding, he was about to reach for something, until he felt something pop. "Opps. I guess i'm too stiff for my own good." He said while chuckling at the odd timing.

She was surprised by the pop and laughed a bit as well, standing up from her side to move behind him instead. "If you're stiff, it's bad for your body. The best ways to deal with it are either stretching or massaging. I can help you with both, okay? So try to relax a bit and I'll help you loosen up." She was fairly calm, and strangely knowledgeable about the particular topic- lightly because she was an athlete and used to such problems on her own. "Tell me where the pop came from. It's not good to be too stiff."

"Thanks." He said as he relaxed a little. "From the sound of it, it came from the middle of my spine. Though your right, it's not that good. I guess it can't be helped, what with my job in such. Plus the pressure of Bounty Hunters from Soul Society still trying to find me." He explained with a small sad sigh. This was one thing that he hated about constantly being on the move. If only they would leave him alone for once, it would give Johnathan some time to deceive them with a dummy body with some of his blood nearby.

Once aware that it was his middle spine area, she began to push and massage on the mid-section of his back, only having a bit of insight on the spine but enough to find the general middle of it. She massaged it carefully, finding the tense area and trying to break up what she sometimes would think of as a knot in the muscle. "Tell me if it helps or hurts, okay? But...It stinks that you're pushed so hard so often. Be careful about your body. It'd be bad if you got a severe injury from how tense you are...Maybe I should have made something with a little more protein?"

As she started to massage his spine, he instantly felt relived. "Your good." The spot she was at was right on the money. Though, he had to agree that it did suck being pushed hard so often. All in all, it could be a perk with the job. Though, he did take care of his body often: always resting after dealing with bounty hunters for a few days, Keeping on top of how much power he uses so it doesn't come back to bite him in the but. With a smile, he looked over his shoulder at her. "Nah, its allright. After a long day, I tend to go overboard with protein at home."