Someone like me!

"Next time I won't go easy on you." She shouted after him as he slowly disappeared from sight. Now she was really eager for a real fight, one person wouldn't be enough. But that wasn't a problem, she knew exactly were the gangs used to hang around at night. She didn't have any energy to take on a gang on ten or twenty people but if she followed them around then she could keep an eye on them until two or three people left for the night and then she could make her move on those. If she were lucky she would even meet a good amount of people without having to follow a gang around until morning.

Alex started to walk back towards the music store, there were some gang members that usually were in the alleys around there, she had often gotten in to fight with them before. As she got there she couldn't see or hear anyone.
Tch, little girls that must hold their curfew? Irritated she started to look around at other places after someone to beat up, her finger itched of irritation. That guy had irritated her quite a bit, why was she still so irritated over him? She should forget about him, he were just a jerk. Maybe he were laughing at her now when she couldn't see him because he thought she were so weak. Alex hit her fist in to a wall, her knuckles started to bleed a little but nothing that she noticed. How come that guy still were on her mind?

Irritating, irritating, irritating, irritating..
The words in her thoughts flew around together with the thoughts of the guy, it was humiliating that she let him beat her so easily. Next time she would show him exactly what she were made off.
"Watch were you're going freak" Someone said after she felt something hitting her. A guy glared down on her, he weren't alone, there were two others there to. "Leave her alone, she's a girl after all." One of the guys said and started to pull his friend with him, the other one just choke his head.

Girl? Did they just call me a girl?
Alex grinned, those bastards dared to call her a girl just like that guy had done. They looked down on her just because she were 'the weaker gender.' In that case she would show them how weak she were. Soon she were sitting on the ground leaning on the house behind her. Those guys hadn't given her much of a fight but it was still enough to calm her down a bit. They had hit her pretty good when they actually were able to catch her, but that was just a few times. They were much more hurt than her.

After some minutes sitting down and resting she lift herself up from the ground and started to walk home. Even though she still thought it was a bit early to go home she still thought she didn't have much more to do out there.

Rex yawned as he walked down the quiet streets. It was boring now. Even though that girl was a loud mouth, at least he had fun fighting against her. Although, he did beat her easily. It was a real shame. But, for some odd reason, he couldn't get that girl out of his head. If she was so weak, why was he even bothering thinking about her? Perhaps, she was better than he had thought. Rex looked over to his left at a blue house. The lights were on and he could see the front door cracked open.

"Well now, that looks interesting." He said, stopping, and then facing the house with his hands still in his pockets. Rex smirked at the thought of robbers breaking into the house. He was thrilled and even more interested in beating them up. Although, it was none of his business, he wanted to brawl with them. Rex waited patiently until they came out. When they came out, he spoke to them with a smirk, as he walked towards them. "Don't you think its bad to steal from others." The three men turned and looked at him.

Rex walked towards the gate then stopped. In no time at all, the men charged him. Rex smirked and took them down with knees to their guts. He looked down at them. " The police will take care of you, once the owners see all the things you've taken." Rex turned back in the direction he was walking and sighed heavily. That girl was still on his mind.

Even though Alex thought about going home she didn't in the end, mostly because when she came to the house she noticed that the lights were on which meant that someone were awake and had noticed that she weren't home. If she would sneak in then that person would notice it and probably scream at her, especially if it were her father. If it were any of her brothers then they would probably wake her father up. That old geezer never let her have any fun.

She turned away from the house and walked back to the town, she weren't going to go in to the town, she would just stay somewhere in the middle where no gangs hanged out or walked and where her family wouldn't walk in the morning if they woke up before her. She had fallen asleep in trees and in alleys before and sometimes she actually preferred it over a bed. Maybe it were because she felt more free outside. She weren't that afraid of people that she had beaten up before noticing her lying around sleeping so they would think they could take out their revenge. She almost always woke up when people came to close to her anyways so she would wake up before they laid a hand on her. Even if she wouldn't before they had done the first blow she could just take out her revenge on them later.

When she almost got to the place were all the stores started she stopped and sat down with her back leaning on a tree. She pulled down her cap over her eyes and laid down on the ground, other people would probably think it was uncomfortable with all the roots around those trees but she fast found a good position. It didn't take long before she had fallen asleep, if she missed a lesson or two because she overslept wouldn't disturb her, she rater sleep as much as she needed than go up in the morning without having slept enough. She didn't care that school was important, and it wasn't like she did bad in the different subjects just because she was bad at showing up. But she would probably wake up when people started to drive to their jobs and people started to walk to school so it wasn't like she needed to worry about being late that much.

Rex was getting bored now. There weren't any more people other than the ones he had pummeled. Even that satisfaction didn't last long. He had to do something to make the rest of his night exciting. It was such a drag. "Well, this is utterly boring." He said as he stopped in his place. He turned around and just decided that he would go home instead. Crickets began to chirp and he heard a few frogs croak. Nothing interesting going on with them.

This was such a pain! Where were all the fighters? He had hoped that he could brawl a little more, but he didn't get his wish. Oh well, at least that girl had made it interesting. It was quite an issue for him though. That girl was weighing heavy on his mind. Now, he even thought she looked rather cute. To bad she was such a hot-head. Maybe, just maybe she would make a decent girlfriend if she would stop being so....well he couldn't think of a word for her.

The night was slowly creeping away and he decided he would just head home. The walk wasn't long since he was pretty close to where he lived. But, someone or something caught his eye on the way home. He looked over at a tree to his left. Someone was sleeping under it, but who could it be? And why were they sleeping outside like some kind of bum or animal. Rex walked towards the person. He could see a cap over whoever it was, face. He stooped down, keeping his hands in his pockets, and looked at the person.

Well, this was a surprise. It was the girl, and she was sleeping. He could take this opportunity and beat her down, but that wasn't his style. Instead he just simply spoke in a light voice. "Well girl, it seems you are pretty comfortable."

She didn't know how long she had laid there when she started to wake up or what had woken her up, even though she were awake she were also a bit asleep and still half in a dream. Someone walked close by but she couldn't make out if it were in reality or just in her dream. There wasn't much to see in the dream, mostly just weird colors and some sounds of animals and those footsteps that had been added. The colors started to disappear and everything became dark as the footsteps came closer and soon there were only the sounds left. If she had opened her eyes at that point she would notice that she were awake and that she would be able to see her cap but she thought it was more comfortable lying there in the dark.

Soon the footsteps stopped, the person stood very close to her. Shortly after she heard a familiar voice, but she couldn't remember where she had heard it at first, but shortly after she remembered the guy from earlier. "Yes, this is quite comfortable actually, or at least it were until you came and woke me up." She said and pushed away the cap. "By the way, if you are interested in keeping your testicles then you should stop calling me girl." She warned him irritated and sat up. This guy were really irritating, how big was the odds that she would meet him two times at the same night?

Rex only smiled as the girl spoke. It was really interesting meeting her two times in one night. "Oh, you sure you want to get a beat down two times in one night, girl? I'll be glad to take you down another notch or perhaps, I could take you for a stroll instead. Maybe that will cool you off. Then again, you may think you to tough even for that. Do me a favor and drop the act. Its a real pain that you keep protesting like this and going on about beating me up. After a while all that talk gets old. So, if you are really able to back it up, then I would love to see what you can really do. Otherwise, I won't even waist my time on a worthless and meaningless fight."

He stood up straight and jumped back a couple feet, keeping his hands in his pockets, He placed his left one in front of his right and made a half circle, putting it back in place.

"For the first, I didn't get beaten down, that didn't count as a fight and I don't even have a scratch. You threw me down on the ground without hurting me but I got in a punch and a kick on you. Which means I were better if it had been a real fight which it wasn't the way you treated it." She pointed out as she rose from the ground. "For the second, it's not an act, it's just the result of living with four violent brothers." Alex continued with a small smile and then put her arms across her chest while looking up at him. "And for the third, give me one good reason why I should go for a stroll with you when I should kick your ass for waking me up."

Rex yawned, as he raised his head. The girls story was rather boring. She was going on about living with violent brothers or something. He looked at the girl as she continued to talk about their previous fight from their first meeting. He listened, even though she wasn't really putting any actions behind her threats. He was starting to get bored once again. The few attacks e let her have was really getting to her head and it heightened her ego as well.

He turned away from the girl and started to walk away from the girl again closing his eyes as walked." Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before, girl. That still doesn't change my opinion on you being a hot-head. Anyway, I'll see you around. Maybe, you will learn to fight by then."

This guy was really bothersome, she should just stop thinking about him and go away from there, but it really disturbed her that he just turned around to walk away. "Stop calling me girl" She said hard-set then taking a couple of breath to calm down, if she became upset right after he had told her how hot-headed she were then she would just prove that he were right. Why did she even bother with him, he were just some idiot. "The names Alex, don't call me girl again." Usually she would have put a threat at the end of the sentence, that would only give him another reason to call her hot-headed.

Rex stopped in place when the girl introduced herself. So, her name was Alex. He didn't ask her for her name if he had recalled, but at least he now knew the name of his opponent. He looked ahead of him for a few moments and smirked as his bangs covered his eyes. He was starting to like her more and more. He also wondered why she didn't make an attempt to attack him. At any rate, he wasn't going to stand back and figure out pointless answers."The name is Rex." He said,in a lowly tone, but where she could here. "Now that I know you name, I may consider not calling you girl from now on. But, that is only if you behave like a girl should." He started walking again.

That guy really were irritating, she wanted to throw herself at him and beat him up. But she would probably just loose and he would grin foolishly and tell her again that she were too hot-headed. "I'm sorry, but I have no idea how 'a girl' should act and I'm not interested in changing in to a girl. Just like I'm not interested in talking with a guy that has a dogs name." She said before turning around and walking in the opposite direction from him. He were really irritating, she should try to stop thinking about him but of some reason that made her think about him even more. That stupid guy, why was he so bothersome?

"At any rate, whether you like it or not, you are a girl. No matter how much you play with the big boys." Rex came up with a great idea. He stopped and looked back at the Alex. Although she stood in her place, yelling like an idiot, he had a good way to shut her up. Rex turned around and made his way back towards Alex and stopped in front of her. He looked into her eyes and smiled a little." You know, up close, you look very beautiful. It would be a shame for it to get messed up with all the rough-housing, don't you agree?" Rex took out his left hand and placed it gently on her left face cheek. He spoke in a soft tone. "Just relax and calm down. It was all just a misunderstanding."

Alex just got more and more irritated by this guy for every second, even though she had planned to just walk away she turned around towards him again just to see him walking back towards her. As he stopped in front of her he smiled all of a sudden. Her eyes widened in surprise, it wasn't the same grin and evil smile he had before when they were fighting or when he talked to her, this was different. Suddenly a blush spread on her cheeks when he spoke, no one had ever told her she looked beautiful. She blinked a couple of times before she were able to pull herself together.

She backed away a couple of steps from him, her heart were suddenly beating very fast, the only time it had done that before were when she were in a nice fight but that feeling was good and this didn't feel good at all. Even though the air was a bit cold she still felt extremely hot, what was wrong with her? He had just smiled and all of a sudden she had become like that.

"I..I don't agree at all." She said trying to get her voice to cooperate but it became way to light and anxious. "I fight for the same reason as any other guy does, I don't care if I'm a girl to the body." She continued with a bit more control over her voice, but still a slight blush were on her cheeks and she weren't even able to look at him as she spoke.

"Well, in any case, it is true. You are a very beautiful girl, Kira. Honestly, when we first met, it was on bad terms. But, it was only because I started it. It was my fault." Rex pushed her hair behind her ear as she turned her head away, blushing. He smiled a little at the gesture. The same girl that wanted to beat him up, was now shaking as she received compliments. No matter how tough she was, she was still a woman with feelings and emotions. "Also, Alex is a very nice name. It suits you well."

She weren't certain what she wanted to do at the moment, one part of her screamed that she should punch him but another part didn't want that at all. What was going on? Why was he suddenly saying such things?

"Wh..Whatever, I might have overacted a bit so it wasn't just your fault." She mumbled trying to hide her face by looking down in to the ground. All of a sudden he had made her feel so flustered, it would have been better if he just were like all the other guys, fight, break a bone and then go home. This time maybe it was her turn to leave the battle field first. "I should head home." She mumbled as she backed away from him again, why didn't she just punch or kick him? All guys that had made her feel flustered or confused or angry had always been hit or kicked, why didn't she just attack him? She weren't certain herself.

Rex watched as Alex backed away after she spoke. He chuckled a little and smiled at her with slanted eyes. She was truly beautiful, just like he had said. Rex turned around again and faced opposite of her. He put his hand back in his pocket and began walking again. He was able to calm her down, but soon found himself blushing as well. Just what he needed. His own plan had backfired on him and he started to actually like Alex now."Well, I will see you around, Alex." He took his hand out of his right pocket and waved goodbye to her.

Alex didn't say goodbye to him, instead she just turned around and hurried away from there. How could a guy make her act like that? She had never been acting like that towards anyone before and now all of a sudden comes a guy that aren't just able to beat her but also makes her unable to even want to beat him. She should have just hit him when she had the chance, how could she show herself so weak to him just because he said something like that to her? It wasn't like her at all. The last guy that had called her beautiful hadn't been able to see at all for weeks after that. Why was it different with him?

She hurried home so that she wouldn't meet that guy again, he were so irritating and still he didn't leave her mind. If she got herself a good nights sleep then she would probably forget about that Rex guy, hopefully.

Rex made no effort of hiding or sneaking in his house. His parents were asleep, so they hadn't even noticed that he was gone. He looked around and then headed upstairs. Tonight was quite interesting and he wanted to let everything soak in. First he met a girl and beat her. That was pretty fun. He plopped down on his bed when he made it inside and laid on his back. He placed his hands behind his head and thought about the guys he beat up. They looked tough, but they couldn't fight. That was really boring for him.

Lastly, he ran into that girl again and found out her name was Alex. It honestly was a nice name. Rex closed his eyes and slowly drifted off into sleep. Maybe, he would meet her again.

As Alex got home she didn't think about if people would notice her so instead of sneaking in threw the window she just went in threw the front door and slammed the door closed. She had forgotten all about the fact that it was night and everyone were sleeping, well at least they had been sleeping. Three of her brothers stayed in bed without caring about the noise down stairs, but her last brother and her father rushed down as fast as they woke up and started to yell at her because she went out so late. When they finally released her to go back to bed she also went to her own room. As she laid down in her bed she thought about the guy she had met, why couldn't he just leave her mind?

How dared that guy tell her to be a bit more like a girl? She were Alex and Alex weren't like a girl, that wasn't anything she were going to change. What an idiot, next time she would beat him up. After a lot of thoughts she fell asleep and woke around lunch time, which meant that she had missed half the school day. Was it really any idea to go when she had slept threw half the day? Even though she didn't have any important lessons during the other half of the school day she still went up and prepared to go to school. Her father had thought she had already left for school so when he saw that she still were home he started to yell at her again.

Geez, don't that old geezer have better things to do than yell at me all the time?
She thought as she walked towards school. The sun were shining brightly, it was very annoying, the sun gave her headache when it was to hot outside. She pulled down her cap over her eyes so that she wouldn't get the sun in her eyes.

Rex's alarm clock sounded off and he turned over and pressed the button. After the last bit of noise died down, he made his way out of his room and to the bathroom. He got cleaned and in a change of new clothes, and then headed downstairs to have breakfast. His parents greeted him with a good morning and smiles and he did the same. They were completely oblivious to his little adventure he had last night. That was just the way that he wanted it. He didn't want to hear any of their yelling.

After breakfast, he waved goodbye to his parents and headed out the door. Now that he thought about it, he was glad he was an only child. He didn't have to worry about having a nagging little brother. Although, part of him really wanted one. He put his hands in his pockets and took a right, then walked down the sidewalk, heading to school. The day was hot, and the sun was blazing in the sky. He looked up slightly, not wanting the sun to pound his eyes as he looked. That thing was like a giant ball of death if anything.

Rex looked back ahead of him and sighed slightly. He really didn't want to go to school today, but it was a Monday, so he didn't have a choice. He closed his eyes as he walked. Walking to school was always so boring. He was really hoping something interesting would happen along the way. He did get his wish however. He could her the sound of a familiar voice mumbling. He opened his eyes and looked at the person who was speaking. Well, what do you know? It was Alex. Part of him was happy, for some strange reason. While the other part, wanted to see what threats she would throw at him this time.

He wasted no time in walking next to her, on the left, and speaking. "So, we meet again, Alex."