Social Classes (Shera and ~Nora.Inu~)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Cari swallowed hard, not wanting to look up, but he did. He knew he absolutely had to look people in the eye here, no acting submissive. They wouldn't brush that off. Most were just to arrogant. He looked up and put on an act, smiling at the occasional passerby.
"My cheeks fucking hurt," he mumbled, having never really smiled so much.

Caesar nodded, squeezing his hand.
"I still have my doubts, but we can't really take him back now. I'll give him a chance, but if he does anything that might ruin this, I'll send him in the first car back."

Lucian glanced quickly at Caesar but he could only shake his head slightly and agree, they wouldn't be able to do much if Cari got caught no matter how much he might want to. He looked over at Cari with a slight smile and said, "You don't have to smile so much if you don't want to. They will not think twice if you look at them as if they are below you or just barely your equals. Smiling to much could actually get you into more trouble then not smiling." He looked back ahead towards the shops and pressed closer to Caesar's side, enjoying the warmth and companionship it brought him. "Me smiling so much is just one of my many wonderful quirks that many people enjoy I am told." He said, mostly just trying to put Cari more at ease by joking with him.

Cari sighed, returning to his scowl and rubbing his cheeks.
"Thank the heavens," he mumbled, putting his hands back at his side. He examined his surroundings, memorizings every nook and cranny he could find.

Lucian laughed slightly and looked at Caesar before saying, "This one might just turn out well, as long as we keep him out of trouble." He meant it in a joking way but he also knew that it was very much true. He looked over his shoulder at Cari and said, "Come walk beside me, you can see the shops better from here." He also wanted to keep Cari in a better line of sight just in case. He glanced towards some of the shops and recognized several of the shop keepers that were out today, a couple of them he was even friends with and he knew they wouldn't say it but they weren't exactly happy with the social classes either. In their case though it was more out of a sense of business then friendship.

Cari stiffened, pausing a moment. Should he risk getting rid of his only escape, or stay back.
"What if I say no?" he asked, staying back, but he moved closer about half a foot.

Lucian looked back at Cari and smiled at him then said, "You don't have to worry, if you don't want to come up here you don't have to. It would look better to others though if you were to be seen next to us." He looked at Caesar than back to Cari and said, "Why don't we go to the theater after this, you'll like it." He tightened his grip on Caesar's hand hoping that he wasn't driving Cari away instead of helping him.

Cari swallowed hard. A theater? He knew places like that, or had heard of them. He knew there was a lot of people, and it was crowded, and Cari simply did not like being closed in like that.
"Y-Yeah, sure." he stuttered, not wanting to seem weak. He walked up, standing beside Lucian, though there was obviously space between them.

Lucian decided not to grab Cari's hand just in case it made him feel more trapped but instead smiled and said, "If it makes you feel uncomfortable we don't have to go, in fact I don't know what all their showing." He pulled Caesar's hand up to where he could kiss the back of it then let their hand fall back to their sides and said, "If we don't go to that we can always go to the open market where there are dances and lots of food laid out."

"The second choice would be better, honestly. I don't like feeling boxed in," he sighed, putting his hands in his pockets. He looked around, admiring the stores and waving to people awkwardly, but only when they would wave at him first.
"It smells good here."

Lucian nodded slightly at Cari and said, "It should since this place has flowers and perfumes everywhere, on certain days in can be really bad though." He smiled at Cari and said, "But you are right about the fact that it smells nice." He saw a shop that Cari might like, it was a sweet shop, and motioned for him to follow him then made his way towards the store. He thought about buying Cari lots of candy but decided that maybe he should just buy him a couple since he probably wasn't used to it.

Cari looked confused, his fake black hair waving slightly in the wind. He followed the man into the store and could have sworn his mind was high at the scent.
"What is this?" he asked, a hint of his behavior last night could be heard in his voice.

Lucian grinned at Cari and said, "This is some of the least healthy yet most delicious food you will ever taste in your whole life." He glanced at Caesar and said, "If you want anything love just say so, your to hard on yourself." He looked back at Cari and said, "Same with you, if you see anything you like you can get it. I will say that you do have to limit the amount you get because your not used to such rich things." He looked between both Cari and Caesar hoping that what he was doing was a good thing.

Caesar shrugged, going to look at the daily specials to see if he wanted any. Cari started at the front of the store and did not stop until he walked every square inch of it.
"I... I can't decide," he mumbled, looking around again.

Lucian watched Cari and Caesar as they made their way around the store. He smiled whenever Cari was unsure and said, "If you want I can point you to some of the best ones they have." He grabbed Cari hand very lightly and pulled him towards the back of the store where there was the special selections they usually only sold to the extremely high ranking. He motioned to the right side of the selection and said, "These are some of the best ones they have, you can pick two of these but be careful because their extremely sweet."

Cari nodded.
"Yeah, please. I would like to try some then," he said, biting the inside of his cheek. He looked at the treats, all in different colors.
"This is really colorful..."

Lucian nodded slightly and said, "How they look is part of the treat, you wouldn't want to eat something that looked dead or deformed." He called the owner over and asked for some of the treats.
The man smiled could have been considered beaming as he bowed to Lucian and said, "Of course sir." He started to fix the order hoping that Lucian would buy a lot more like he usually did.
Lucian glanced over to where Caesar was at and called, "Are you ready yet? If not I will go ahead and look around some more."

Caesar looked back, smiling.
"I have one more bag to fill, love. You can go ahead and look around," he said, smiling lightly as he turned back, looking over the treats.

Cari took his bag from Lucian, glaring slightly.
"Why did he bow to you?"

Lucian shook his head at Cari slightly and said, "Can't tell you that one since it falls under the do not ask category." He smiled at him to let him know that he didn't mean it a mean way but just in a way that he couldn't tell him. He knew that if he told him then Cari would most likely distrust him even more considering his status and if he wanted the boy he couldn't exactly have him distrust him. He sighed slightly the grabbed a hold of Cari's hand and said, "Come on, why don't you help me pick out some treats." He pulled him after him and started pointing out his favorite treats and what they tasted like.

Cari glared when Lucian wouldn't tell him. Why wouldn't he tell him? Also, why won't Lucian tell him why he's here. Cari could tell that wanting to change the world was not the only reason. Just by the way they acted, he could tell. He remained silent though, nodding as Lucian explained the treats to him.

"Alright, you ready yet Lucian?" Caesar asked as he put a twist tie around his bag.

Lucian had just finished off putting the rest of the treats he wanted into his bag whenever Caesar asked if he was ready to go. He looked over at Caesar and said, "I'm ready to go now." He looked at Cari and smiled slightly before saying, "Next we need to go to the garden, you'll like the place, it's really beautiful." He payed the man at the register then motioned for Cari and Caesar to follow him. "We can go somewhere else if either of you two don't want to go to the garden, just tell me if you don't." He called over his shoulder, keeping an easy pace that the other two could match with ease.