So Close, Yet So Far...(Male Needed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@york Ack...you make it sound so easy T_T I think some part of my brain just refuses to take in the knowledge of the Pythagorean Theorem or something, but I actually started understanding it today, thank goodness -.- Not only that, she showed us how to do the work on the paper, so I think that's the part that kept confusing me...that's why I'm glad my friend in the same class actually understands it. She helped me understand it better than the teacher did >.>
XD Yeah, you just need the right words to figure it out o.o this sort of thing is quite common in coding unfortunately so, you can see why it's difficult for me :P

@york Yeah, I can definitely see that. I would have to agree that coding would be a lot more difficult than Geometry...I can only imagine. But, at least you can do it though, even if it is tough. That's why you just have to practice it until you get a good understanding of it (at least, that's what I need to do T_T)

@york Yeah, I can definitely see that. I would have to agree that coding would be a lot more difficult than Geometry...I can only imagine. But, at least you can do it though, even if it is tough. That's why you just have to practice it until you get a good understanding of it (at least, that's what I need to do T_T)
XD Yeah, also o.o I need to get working on my post in that RP oops o-o almost forgot >.<

@york Oh...my...gosh...I came to the conclusion today that I really really dislike Geometry -.- We just started getting into Trigonometry today and it was like the teacher was speaking a different language @_@

@york Oh...my...gosh...I came to the conclusion today that I really really dislike Geometry -.- We just started getting into Trigonometry today and it was like the teacher was speaking a different language @_@
X.X Unfortunately, it's a neccessity to learn when you're developing videogames XS got introduced to it much earlier on in the year though o-o

@york I know, but the way that the teacher teaches the class is definitely cringe-worthy...she makes us take notes then gives us a paper to do it. I can't really do that since I'm a visual learner. It really helps when the teacher does a few problems before handing out worksheets...not to mention that the other students are so loud and don't even pay attention T_T

@york I know, but the way that the teacher teaches the class is definitely cringe-worthy...she makes us take notes then gives us a paper to do it. I can't really do that since I'm a visual learner. It really helps when the teacher does a few problems before handing out worksheets...not to mention that the other students are so loud and don't even pay attention T_T
Exactly! That's why school was one big flop for me all the time >.< the whole point of the teacher being there is to help students understand the concept, not just throw work at them without making sure people are following first X.X

@york Yes! Finally, somebody that also agrees! Me and my two other friends are in that class, and one of them said that she had began teaching herself the work. I'm walking beside her down the hall like "I can't exactly teach myself because I don't know it!! T_T" I seriously wanted to leave her class one day because all of the so-called "information" was going in one ear and out the other...and I thought my teacher from two years ago was bad. Not only that, but my Geometry teacher, according to another student, said that she was teaching the class based off of what was easy for her to understand! It's like, just because you understand it doesn't mean the rest of us do! -.-

@york Yes! Finally, somebody that also agrees! Me and my two other friends are in that class, and one of them said that she had began teaching herself the work. I'm walking beside her down the hall like "I can't exactly teach myself because I don't know it!! T_T" I seriously wanted to leave her class because all of the so-called "information" was going in one ear and out the other...and I thought my teacher from two years ago was bad. Not only that, but my Geometry teacher, according to another student, said that she was teaching the class based off of what was easy for her to understand! It's like, just because you understand it doesn't mean the rest of us do! -.-
XS Yeah, and it's a very important thing since it's literally your job to be able to teach in a way that's also easy for the class to understand, more flexible teaching techniques are often requires, especially for more complicated subjects such as programmming, trigonometry, and probably even art classes. X.X And yeah, even my parents do that sometimes, and I really can't stress enough that people tend to perceive things differently than one might percieve it themselves >.<

@york Yes! Sometimes other people don't understand how hard some things are. What might be easy for them, might be rocket science for me! That's pretty much how I feel about Geometry...most of the students are actually getting what the teacher's saying and I'm just sitting there, looking like someone hit me over the head with a brick or something. My mom even said that she hated Geometry, so I know that I'm not the only person to have problems with it. I'm pretty sure that if I had a different teacher, maybe like the one I had last year, I could start to understand it. There are some teachers that have teaching techniques that are even harder to understand than the actual work in front of me. Especially when it turns out that the teachers might be over-complicating how to do the work...

@york Yes! Sometimes other people don't understand how hard some things are. What might be easy for them, might be rocket science for me! That's pretty much how I feel about Geometry...most of the students are actually getting what the teacher's saying and I'm just sitting there, looking like someone hit me over the head with a brick or something. My mom even said that she hated Geometry, so I know that I'm not the only person to have problems with it. I'm pretty sure that if I had a different teacher, maybe like the one I had last year, I could start to understand it. There are some teachers that have teaching techniques that are even harder to understand than the actual work in front of me. Especially when it turns out that the teachers might be over-complicating how to do the work...
If you were able to give me a few examples of problems you don't udnerstand, I may be able to provide assistance o.o though keep in mind I'm no genius so there may be things out of my range of knowledge, but I'll try my best o-o

@york Okay, one thing that I'm not completely sure about is trigonometric ratios. You know: Sine, Cosine, and Tangent? Sine: opposite/hypotenuse Cosine: adjacent/hypotenuse Tangent: opposite/adjacent. I hope that made sense...I tried to make it as understandable as possible from looking off of my notes >.>

@york Okay, one thing that I'm not completely sure about is trigonometric ratios. You know: Sine, Cosine, and Tangent? Sine: opposite/hypotenuse Cosine: adjacent/hypotenuse Tangent: opposite/adjacent. I hope that made sense...I tried to make it as understandable as possible from looking off of my notes >.>
Oh! Those, the hypotenuse is the longest side of a triangle, Sin = the opposite line from the hypotenuse divided by the hypotenuse. Co-sin is the adjacent (the line connecting to the hypotenuse but not the opposite) over the hypotenuse itself. Tangent is self explanatory with the other two explanations I have in mind o.o

@york Okay, that helps. But, what sort of confuses me is when they're flipped to another part of the triangle, if that makes any sense. Like, you have the general Sin, Cos, and Tan, but then they flip the triangle so that the answers will turn out different. Sorry if it's confusing, it's really hard to describe it from the paper T_T

@york Okay, that helps. But, what sort of confuses me is when they're flipped to another part of the triangle, if that makes any sense. Like, you have the general Sin, Cos, and Tan, but then they flip the triangle so that the answers will turn out different. Sorry if it's confusing, it's really hard to describe it from the paper T_T
Hmm, in those cases, a triangle would usually be placed on a circle so the center of the circle is usually where you'd place your perspective, the shorter side nearest to the center would be considered the adjacent angle while the other side which should be the opposite side of the hypotonuse would be the remaining side. Not sure about this though since that does kinda confuse me too tbh >.<

@york okay...yeah, I see. Something else that I found really confusing was special triangles T_T When you have to use the special right triangle relationships to find the measures of the values of x and y. The triangles are 45 degrees, and you use square root, that type of thing? Sorry once again if it sounds confusing >.>

@york okay...yeah, I see. Something else that I found really confusing was special triangles T_T When you have to use the special right triangle relationships to find the measures of the values of x and y. The triangles are 45 degrees, and you use square root, that type of thing? Sorry once again if it sounds confusing >.>
XS unfortuantely I haven't gottan to that point in trigonomertry yet (since I only learned the basics to understand physics/targetting mechanics)

@york Aha XD that's fine, it's not really that tough. Just kind of confusing @_@ I was mainly having trouble with the SohCahToa part of the triangles. Fortunately for me, I found some really amusing videos on Youtube about it. On the down-side of that, it was more entertaining since I don't really learn that well when it's being sung to me XD Like I said earlier, I do better when I see the problem written out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.