Snow and Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
He nodded and led her away from the river. "I dont imagine you get many humans up there, do you? As much as the forest is my home, its also a playground for humans. Especially during the warm times, they come out in droves. In the winter is when you get the most hunters." He glanced at her. "You learn to be aware of when they're coming. You'll learn this too, eventually."

She smiled. "No. The arctic winds usually prove too much. Or the whiteouts. When you do see one though there's no where to hide. "

He nodded. "I've heard of things like that. I hear they're super cold. Makes me happy to stay right here with my trees. I can survive the winters here, dont know about up there," he said with a laugh. Behind them, from the direction of the river came the sounds of humans tromping through and talking loudly. They were already out of sight of them though.

Kieara's ears twitched hearing the loud humans. She trekked on along with Raith. "It's not so bad if you have a good shelter." she told him and followed along.

"Isnt it all now, though?" He asked. "What kind of shelter can you get in a land of snow?" It seemed like such a preposterous idea, but she knew it better than he did afterall.

"Igloos. They're very warm on the inside." She smiled to him. "some animals will find a huge iceberg to live in."

"Igloos. They're very warm on the inside." She smiled to him. "some animals will find a huge iceberg to live in."

He shivered at the thought of living in a large block of ice. He glanced over at her, studying her fur. "That must be why you have such a thick coat. Must keep you pretty warm."

"It does." She spoke to him smilling. As she walked her tail swayed behind her. She'd grown rather close to the large feline, whether he liked her or not was a mystery.

After a while longer walking through the forest, he finally stopped. They were in a completely different area than where they'd slept. "Be careful over here, there's some underground tunnels and the ground can be a bit unstable sometimes," he warned her. The trees in this area were a bit more thin than the other areas. In some places, a large dent in the earth marked a spot where the ground had caved in.

He wandered over to one of the dents in the earth and slid down into it, moving around it and studying it. "They do make great nests once they cave though. THis one is big enough for the both of us if you'd like."

Kieara followed and slipped into it. She wagged her tail. It was cozy and warm and it put her close to the attractive tiger.

Status
Not open for further replies.