Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Modern, Modern Fantasy, Multiverse/Panfandom, Mystery, Paranormal, Scifi, Survival
Please see the wiki for more info.

The Coalition was in shambles, and yet the multiverse moved on like nothing had happened. One of its greatest defenders put out of commision for the time, and yet the status quo stayed the same. There was always a darkness lurking in some corner of universes, slowly encoraching on the rest of existence. One such threat took the notice of the Coalition, and yet they had no one to investigate. All resources were dedicated to the Coalition's restablishment, much to the horror of Ellis, who caught wind of this particular threat.

Something from outside the world's usual threats was causing anomalies in Ellis' backyard. All Coalition agents had their world monitored to some degree, and an agent on the field dedicated to looking after Ellis' friends had recently lost contact after reporting unusual activity. Ellis had been desperate for something to be done about it, but the Coalition new leader, Kyoko, could only tell him they didn't have the resources for the time being.

The only thing Ellis could do, Kyoko said, was for him to amass a group of people on his own. Thankfully, Ellis had the help of his canine friend, Cosmo. The pair thought briefly on who they wanted for this mission, and decided to make a couple of trips.

"There she is. So, how do I do this?"

"Talk? You askink Cosmo how to talk to someone?"

"Nah, like, um, do I just call her name? Or, ah say somethin' like 'Hi, Carol, umm, long time no see?'"

The duo, Ellis and Cosmo, members of the Coalition, stood in the shadow of the buildings of the reminisces of D.C. Well, Ellis stood, Cosmo laid on the floor, nudging his head against the ground, rather enjoying his time out of the sunlight.

"Just go."

Ellis scratched his head. The path was clear as Ellis walked slowly towards Carol, shotgun and sword on his back.

"Umm, hey Carol! It's me, umm... It's Ellis. Hi."

AHcFwFw.png

Carol didn't even bother to pretend to look surprised. She turned to him as he approached, hands on her hips as she fixed him a steady gaze. "Was wondering when you'd work up the nerve to come out of hiding," she said, leaning to the side to wave to the dog still in the shadows. "That your talking dog, Ellis?" she asked with some level of sarcasm.

That Ellis was here at all didn't strike Carol as terribly out of the ordinary. Considering the experience they had shared together, Carol was aware the world was much larger than she or the others back in Alexandria could have ever imagined. Whether Ellis was here for just a visit or something more, Carol found the timing of their encounter a little too convenient.

Still, despite the nagging unease at the back of her mind (and really, when was she ever fully at ease these days?), Carol found herself happy to see Ellis. Not happy enough to hug him or anything, no... but enough to offer a simple nod and a smile.

"Yeah, that's Cosmo."

Ellis eyes stared at the ground like a child caught doing something wrong. Knowing Carol already was ready for him slightly embarrassed the young man, but he quickly bounced back.

Cosmo's head lifted as he got up. Moving towars Carol, Cosmo did something most dog couldn't: speak.

"Post-canine. Not dog. Not for longk time."

Putting his paw out, he gave Carol a look.

"Shake?"

Seeing the look on his face, Carol shook her head. "Out here, you need to be able to spot anything coming your way. I'm just good at it now, Ellis, so don't worry. Now, uh..."

As it turned out, imagining something and actually seeing it made for very different experiences. Looking at Cosmo while actual words came out of his mouth made Carol feel like she was once again watching an actual cartoon taking form before her. The ridiculous situation made Carol break out into a grin, though she was just trying to keep from laughing hysterically. As a result, she looked far more happy to reach out and shake Cosmo's paw than she felt inside.

"... Very nice to meet you then, Cosmo," she said, sounding almost giddy. She looked up from the canine to look at Ellis. More exasperated now, she said, "Mind telling me what you're doing here?"

Recoiling his paw after the shake, Cosmo waged his tail.

"Good human."

As Carol's eye met with Ellis, he scratced his neck and looked around.

"I need your help, Carol. My friends are in danger. It's not just them though. A whole bunch, we think. But mostly my friends. That bunch part is more of a hunch."

Shaking his head with approval, Cosmo added on, "Da. The Coalition is in a transition phase, we're recovering from recent events. Normally we would keep this to ourselves, but we're stretched thin. This is where you come in."

Carol didn't respond right away, deciding instead to give Ellis an exasperated stare. She even gave it to Cosmo once he spoke, for how did these two expect her to react to such news? "And I guess you two expect me to drop what I have going on here?" she asked, bringing a hand up to rub at her forehead. "Just like that?"

She couldn't have imagined what they thought she could do for them. They really must have been desperate to reach out to her. Either that, or Ellis wanted her there as they knew each other. If that was the case, the boy was nothing less than stupid, because Carol knew well there were far more capable people when it came to dealing with whatever problems were out there.

8TGakDx.png

"... And besides," she continued, nodding back behind her. "What's in it for me? Could your Coalition do something for me? For the people I care about? I have a group of people struggling every day of their lives, and you ask this of me?"

The dog's eyes glowed slightly after hearing the woman's words. Taking his time, he respounded, "Coalition has policy against interfering in people's lives. Of course, we have exceptions. If you're under attack by, let's say, the Brood... They're creatures from my world. Very nasty bug-like creatures. Nothingk but an evil hive mind."

"I fought one once at Knowhere. Cosmo had to shutdown half a wing. Big ole' suckers. Like a cow, but more spidery. Lucky we only had one. Shit, if it wasn't for Miss Mantis, I'd be dead."

"... As Cosmo was sayink, if Brood attacked you? We could help. However, these dead rising? That's natural to this world, just like Ellis' world has his own threat. However, if you did help us, we'd owe you. Cosmo would owe your people. Even if you weren't there."

Cosmo's last words lingered as the dog scratched his neck with his back leg.

Carol nodded, understanding the situation to some degree. She didn't have to like it, but it made sense at least. Not much surrounding Ellis seemed to otherwise. Ellis' friends were in danger from some outside problem, which sounded bigger than Carol. She still didn't get why they were asking her of all people, but maybe she did owe Ellis something.

Of course, considering her situation, she had already agreed to leave with them as soon as they had asked. Cosmo seemed to understand that, but she needed to put on some level of wariness for the sake of leverage, at least.

Ellis was probably asking her to kill for him, which Carol would deal with when the time came.

"Well, then, lead the way," she said, gesturing off into the distance. "I'm in, Ellis." She had to smile at the grin he offered in reponse.

For once in a very long time, Claire could say that she was happy.

Well, maybe happy was certainly pushing it. Maybe content was the better word to use. Claire, at the very least, was content, and that certainly was good enough for now. The life she had lived could be forgotten, at least as long as she could continue to live her new life alongside Aqua.

The keyblade wielder was nothing less than an angel who somehow put up with Claire even in her worst moments. The months following Claire's last Murder Game incident were nothing short of a struggle, filled with nightmares and an inability move on from what had happened. She had been barely functional enough to be anyone's friend, and yet Aqua never left her side. She just wanted Claire to be happy, something Claire had forgotten how to be.

But now, with her nightmares finally fading into memory, Claire could be the friend Aqua deserved. Could be a lot more than that, even. She could be content, and that's all that mattered for now.

"... You got everything?"

Claire tried not to sound disappointed as she spoke, but really, there was no silver lining in ending a weekend spent at a beach resort. A lot of Claire and Aqua's time spent together had been shared between looking for her friends and trying to make new experiences together, but this weekend had been about nothing more than relaxation. They had found a world not unlike Claire's own, setting down in the Bahamas, somewhere Claire had never gotten the chance to visit before. It had been beautiful, and it made Claire happy that Aqua might have even found it more beautiful than she did.

The pair had a minor hiccup considering their lack of any kind of identification, but they had managed to figure something out, at least.

Q5uMLum.png

"Not that I would blame you for wanting to stay longer," Claire said, putting on a smile. Somehow, it was hard to look at Aqua and not smile. "But it's probably best we don't get too comfortable. You know how it is."

Much like her traveling companion, Aqua felt a lot better these days. While she carried a small feeling of emptiness in her heart due to the fact her friends were still missing, it helped fill the void knowing she had another loyal friend by her side, a friend whom she greatly cared about. Even though she missed Terra and Ven, the keyblade master was honestly having the time of her life with Claire on their carefree adventures. And it made the young woman even happier knowing Claire was enjoying herself just as much.

Aqua worried, after all her partner had been through, Claire would never be able to heal her broken parts. Unsure how she could help, Aqua did the only thing she knew how to do: she remained at Claire's side and continued to be her friend. She smiled for Claire and tried to help her see the good in life. Even though her actions were small, they seemed to be working little by little. Claire seemed to smile a bit more each day. And that was more than enough to bring Aqua joy.

"Yeah, that's everything. It's a good thing we travel light," Aqua replied, hesitantly dropping a single suitcase near the door of their room at the resort. The keyblade master honestly didn't own many things. She had only brought one suitcase along to carry a swimsuit and change of clothes. Possessions had never really been that important to her. The people she cared about were more important.

Aqua sighed dreamily, recalling their time spent by the beach. The Bahamas were so tranquil, so serene, that she almost wondered if they were real. The resort reminded her of Destiny Islands, one of her most favorite of places.

8jc4EgK.png

"I'm glad you wouldn't blame me for wanting to stay longer because I almost do want to stay longer," she admitted, offering Claire a sheepish smile. "I mean, it's really a shame we have to leave now. I was just getting used to my new name. I don't think I look much like a Willa, but it was fun pretending to be one," she said with a laugh before moving to walk behind Claire and take another good look at their room.

"Don't think I look much like an Elza either. Maybe if my hair was blonde..."

Claire stopped and stared at Aqua for a moment, almost admiring. Not her looks or anything, just her state of being, so to speak. Claire wanted to be like her in a lot of ways. She was a powerful woman, but also kind... And even then, so easygoing when it truly counted.

Although they ran into a slight problem due to lack of identification, it was quickly solved thanks to Aqua's magical talents. While she never often used her talents for such mischievous things, the young woman felt she had a good reason to make the two of them some fake IDs. She wanted Claire to enjoy their trip and not end up booted early from the resort.

"But I guess if we have to go... you should let me braid your hair so we at least look like we've been somewhere tropical," she said, reaching out to playfully twirl a lock of Claire's hair around one of her fingers. "By the way, any ideas as to where we should go next?"

Claire giggled when Aqua reached out to touch her hair, pulling back casually. "I think you said you wanted to do that before," she said, smiling at her friend. "You know? I think you should. I've wanted to do something different with my hair for a while."

"Maybe, but I'm glad your hair isn't blonde. I think it looks pretty just the way it is." Aqua gently fingered Claire's hair, instantly releasing her hold when her friend would casually pull back. While she knew the woman was comfortable around her, Aqua never pressed or overstepped any boundaries.

She giggled back at Claire's comment, and nodded in agreement. "I did, didn't I? I'll admit, I'd love to play with your hair. I've never had a sister or girl friend, and my own hair always had to stay short because of my training." Aqua clasped her hands together lightly, perking up when Claire would give in to the idea. Before she could say anything else, however, they would be interrupted.

Claire was going to say more as well, to linger in the room for just a bit longer, but a knock at the door made her go silent. She looked toward it warily, suspicious of anyone who may be intruding upon them. It was still not so easy for Claire to be around people who weren't Aqua. Though the paranoia had been unfounded so far, Claire could not help but assume people were out to get her.

"Umm, hello? Shoot, is this the right number? Was it room 202? Or 302? Shit, was it 203?"

The voice seemed slightly uneasy as it faded away. Soon, however, a voice Claire knew could be heard.

"Clair, Aqua? Is Cosmo. Can he come in?"

"... You're kidding."

She hadn't heard that voice in so long now, and only recalled it simply because it belonged to such a strange source. That talking dog who had worked with the Coalition. For him to be here only sent shivers up Claire's spine. "Be ready," she said to Aqua, Claire assuming she knew what she meant, as she went to open the door.

With the door only open a few inches, Claire peered out to see both the dog and someone else. "... Why? What is this about? I haven't spoken with the Coalition in a long time now."

Seeing Claire tense up, Aqua gave her a pat on the shoulder and tried to remind her that danger wasn't waiting around every corner in a place like this. "We don't really have any enemies. It could be housekeeping," the master suggested, walking up behind Claire when she would peek out the door. She frowned, hearing who was out there, moving to open the door even a bit wider.

Fba0cxU.png

"Yes, what would bring the Coalition here on a day like this?" Aqua questioned, verbally echoing Claire's own thoughts. While Aqua considered the organization to be her allies, seeing them again made her feel a bit unsettled.

"Cosmo did not mean to upset Claire. Cosmo aware of Claire's mistrust of Coalition. It was wrong what we did. However, don't take it out on Cosmo. He was out of loop. That doesn't mean Cosmo is not sorry."

The dog's eyes turned and stared into Claire's eyes with purpose as he took a moment to find the right words.

"... What bring the Coalation here? Simple, we need help. Recently Umbrella has suffered a crippling blow. Not at one hundred percent. However, rumors have been heard that they are planning something. Not sure why, they're not in good shape as of recently. Like Cosmo said, it is rumor. Still needs vetting."

Peering over Cosmo, the young man in the hall spoke to Claire.

"Also, my friends might be in some deep shit. I know we're askin' a lot, but I need help, ya know? Oh, I'm Ellis by the way if you didn't know. I assume you didn't. Still shouldn't assume though."

Claire stared at the dog for a long, almost awkward moment. She was broken out of her daze when she noticed people milling about in the hall outside and she moved to open the door wider. "We'll talk in here," she said curtly, eager to avoid unwanted attention.

Once both Ellis and Cosmo were inside, Claire crossed her arms and eyed the pair of them suspiciously. "I told the Coalition I was done with them, and that wasn't because of what they did. I was done fighting... I paid for what I did, and then some. So, okay? Besides, I'm nothing special. Why would you come to me? Unless..." Claire looked over at Aqua, a frown settling on her face. "Unless it's Aqua you want? Either way... we stick together."

She then looked to Ellis in particular. "Say it then. What kind of danger are your friends in? What are you asking of me exactly?"

Taking a few steps back, Aqua allowed the others to settle into the room before she would voice her opinion about the things they had asked of Claire. "I worked for the Coalition too, but I figured both Claire and I were done with them now. But other than the questions Claire asked, I have one more. Out of anyone, why come to Claire?" She paused, however, rephrasing her question when Claire would call them a team. "Why come to... us?"

The young woman quieted after asking her own question, mulling over her thoughts with a serious expression on her face. Instilled in Aqua, her duty as a keyblade wielder was to help and protect anyone if they needed her. After hearing Cosmo and Ellis ask for help, whether it was on behalf of the Coalition or not, Aqua knew it would be difficult for herself to turn them down in good conscience. In any ordinary situation, Aqua would've said yes instantly, without even hearing the details.

There was only one reason why she even hesitated: Claire. Her traveling companion had been through more than enough and finally started to seem as if she were getting back on her feet, even smiling and laughing again. If they jumped into something dangerous, Aqua feared that her friend might regress. More than anything, Aqua didn't want to hinder her friend's progress.

The only option Aqua may have been slightly pleased with was if she went to help them and Claire remained behind. But, then again, after hearing Claire so boldly state that they were a team, she wasn't sure this was a good idea either. She didn't want to break Claire's trust or hurt her feelings by even suggesting such an arrangement. They really were a team, and at the end of the day Aqua knew she wouldn't feel right if they separated.

So, Aqua remained quiet for a moment, her expression turning worried and frustrated. There seemed to be no win-win option in her mind, unless for some reason the mission presented to them wasn't a very dangerous one that would have an effect on Claire. However, knowing the Coalition Aqua highly doubted danger wouldn't be waiting for them around the corner if they agreed. She side-glanced to Claire, a frown on her face.

I don't know if I want to risk your happiness. It means so much to me, but I-- Those people could really need help...

"We trust both of you. Simple. You're both people Cosmo trusts. Cosmo will be honest, this could be giant of time. But we need to be sure."

Ellis seemed to be going a mile a minute in the background. Moving to the mini fridge, Ellis opened it up. "You don't mind if I help myself to water, right you two? I'm just thirsty. Anywho, we don't know what kind of danger. I mean, besides the zombies where I came from? Can't reckon to tell you. I mean, you got spitters, boomers, hunters, chargers, smokers, tanks. Oh, and witches. Yeah, they're the worst. I got stab in the back by one once. I can show you the scar, if you want."

Claire sighed deeply and rubbed at the back of her neck. Seemed obvious now why they were here. Some other world ravaged by disease and mutation, and who better to ask for help than Claire Redfield, one of the few survivors of the Raccoon City Incident? Or, more accurately now, the only survivor.

"Don't mind laying it on thick, do you?" she asked slowly in response to Ellis in particular, her mind reeling in thought. No part of Claire wanted anything to do with this, for she had felt she had simply done enough already. Doing favors for others was something another Claire did, one who hadn't made the mistakes she had. Going out into the thick of things, in an environment that would only remind her of the worst of times would only see to upset her.

But Claire wasn't operating alone, not anymore. She had made the conscious decision to be with Aqua for as long as possible, and so any decisions made about what they were to do had to be between them. For someone as kind and selfless as Aqua, Claire had a good feeling what her thoughts on this would be. She didn't have to like it much, but her dedication to Aqua came before anything else.

"Here's my decision on this," she said after a moment. "Aqua and I didn't have any solid plans after this trip. I can't say we don't have the time. But, I don't want to agree to anything. Instead, I'm going to let Aqua make the decision, and whatever she chooses, I will follow." She smiled sadly toward Aqua. "I'm not trying to put you into an uncomfortable position, and whatever you decide, you won't be making me do anything. I will always follow you."

t9tB1PK.png

"..."

After hearing Claire's words, and while their guests made themselves at home, Aqua quieted for a moment. Despite the fact her friend didn't want to put her into an uncomfortable position, the keyblade master still felt unsettled. If she decided they should help and it was harmful to Claire or if she decided not to help and Ellis' friends died, Aqua would feel guilty. She already felt guilty she hadn't been able to save Ven and Terra.

Despite her struggles with providing them an answer, however, Aqua new exactly what she wanted to do. "I think you know what I want, no, have to do. I-- I can't turn down people who need my help," she finally said, placing a hand over her heart before turning to look at Claire. "I've pledged my life to help people. It's what a keyblade wielder has to do; we must protect what matters."

Aqua gently dropped her hand down onto Claire's and gave it a small squeeze, before looking into her eyes. "But I don't want my duty to put you into a rough spot. I know you want to leave this up to me, but if you're not ready for something like this I understand. Just as you said, I'd never make you do anything. And I don't want you to make yourself do anything either. Your well-being matters to me. So please look me in the eyes and say you can handle something like this."

Watching Aqua, Claire knew what was going threw her head. Or at least, she had a good idea. Aqua always worried about her, which Claire appreciated, but it didn't mean she was naive. She had enough memories inside her head to last two or three lifetimes, and while it made her feel suffocated most of the time, it also made her very unlike a child who couldn't look after herself.

When Aqua finally spoke, she said what Claire had already figure, and so the other woman just nodded her head. She let Aqua finish, giving Aqua's hand a gentle squeeze in return. "It's fine," she said, her voice a bit lower than before. She did as requested and looked Aqua in her blue eyes.

a7PtgDF.png

"Your decision is my decision... and I will be fine, especially with you by my side. I mean, I've survived worse... I can't promise there won't be some bad moments, but I'll deal with them as I've always have." She broke the glance to shoot Ellis and Cosmo a look. "... Besides, I'm sure these two will be very grateful, right?"

Ellis aloofly nodded his head, not noticing or caring as he dripped water from the bottle he was drinking on to his shirt. "Why wouldn't I be? Shoot, I'm more than thankful."

Ellis was a lot of things and sincere was one of them. Cosmo nodded his head, turning after to look into Claire's eyes once again.

"You have Cosmo's word you both will be paid back."

When Claire did her best to assure Aqua she would be okay, the keyblade master softened her gaze and nodded. She trusted Claire and would take the woman's word for it. "Alright, Claire, but I want you to know you won't have to deal with things the way you always have. Things will be different this time," Aqua told her, gently skimming her thumb over the top of Claire's hand. "You have me now, and I have you. We'll keep each other strong."

Aqua turned and offered a smile to Cosmo and Ellis. "I'm just glad we'll be able to help you two. But there's no need for payment, unless Claire has something in mind. Knowing I've helped someone who needs me is payment enough in my eyes." Aqua paused before deciding to ask another question. "Um, so where is it that we'll be going exactly? And are Claire and I the only ones you've asked for help?"

Claire opened her mouth to speak up about payment, but she wasn't sure what she wanted to say in response to that exactly. She needed some time to mull it over. Instead, she gave Aqua's hand a thankful touch and listened to Ellis and Cosmo speak of other people they had recruited for this operation. Claire didn't know any of them, but apparently they were all survivors of multiversal incidents as well. Three more, which Claire had to wonder if they would be enough for the apparent danger Ellis spoke of...

Before long, Ellis and Cosmo's recruitment had been a success, and five individuals had been gathered. By their own admission, the danger here was vague and possibly nothing at all. Still, it didn't mean the group could relax, for Ellis' world housed its own unique dangers. An infection ravaged the world, creating rage-filled infected human beings and mutated ones who fought with special abilities. Though the group had been briefed on these monsters, nothing could compare to actually facing the threat.

A Coalition transporter brought the group from their various locations, landing them at the same location at the same time.

pL0ChRe.jpg

"Guess I shouldn't be surprised," lamented Carol, recognizing the city as Savannah, Georgia. She sighed deeply, turning to Ellis and the others as the glow of the transporter that got them here disappeared from around them. She recognized the man Ellis had brought, but the others were a mystery to her. Carol wasn't sure how she felt about that. "Are we supposed to be here?"

"And do you have any idea what we should be doing from here?" Claire asked, feeling a little unsteady in the company of new people. She'd traveled alone with Aqua for so long now, that this was going to be a harsh adjustment. At least Ellis seemed nice and safe, which was someone Claire could see herself trusting.

The two women waited eagerly for Ellis to speak.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Guess I shouldn't be surprised," lamented Carol, recognizing the city as Savannah, Georgia. She sighed deeply, turning to Ellis and the others as the glow of the transporter that got them here disappeared from around them. She recognized the man Ellis had brought, but the others were a mystery to her. Carol wasn't sure how she felt about that. "Are we supposed to be here?"

"Give him a breath."

Much to his own surprise since the beginning of the trip, 76 wasn't a complete stranger here.

Carol and Ellis' would be the few to recognize the croaking, ragged baritone voice coming from the figure in the corner. The heavy taps of military combat boots falling upon concrete approached the group as the lights from the vanishing transporters illuminated his tall, lanky figure and the massive rifle heaved over his shoulder, before the red glow from the tactical visor masking his face came to full fruition.

e687fc68790b920dbd2263e09f99981d.png

"Hm, can't say I was expecting another underwater city...but, are we in Georgia?"

Soldier: 76 raised his head, staring at the group mustered before him. The story on how the old soldier had gotten himself all the way from tearing apart shady bases and headquarters to getting wrapped up in the affairs of the greater multiverse once more since the Rapture incident is...complicated, to say the least. The curse of aging makes remembering the pre-mission details much harder, all 76 cared to remember was Ellis and a talking dog showing up...

...and, it was all history from there. How 76 got here isn't a priority, however, what is important to him is the new and old comrades standing before him, some of which he didn't take for fighters, but judging a book by its cover was his folly in Rapture. The soldier turned towards Ellis, the scrawny mechanic he first encountered back in Rapture along with Carol. They both seemed to be survivors from some kind of incident back in their world, but Ellis seemed less concerned about it then Carol.

Right, never judge a book by its cover.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Atomyk @Yun Lee

01c34c309ed18fab230facbe20ce23dd.png

After their arrival, and while waiting for further instruction, Aqua gazed down at her wayfinder. She lost herself in thought while looking at the trinket, reflecting on her missing friends as she looked at it. While not meaning it to be, it had become a habit for Aqua to look at it every time she came to a new world. Deep down, she held hope in her heart that there was a chance she could find them on each world she explored. But like a flickering flame with water being dripped on it, her hope was starting to feel defeated.

Their faces are starting to look blurry in my mind. It's been almost 12 years since I've seen them. I wonder if they remember what I look like? I wonder... if we'll ever be together again?

Realizing she was distracted, Aqua quickly put away her wayfinder and looked to the group. She wanted to think about her friends, but knew she needed to help Cosmo and Ellis focus on their mission first. Even though the group they would be working with was small, Aqua could tell Claire seemed a bit tense. Even though she didn't like seeing her friend uncomfortable, Aqua had to admit it was probably good for Claire to get used to other people too.

"I imagine this is where we're supposed to be," Aqua said, half-responding to Carol's question. At least, it sort of looked like the place Ellis had debriefed them on before arriving. The keyblade master said nothing in reply to Soldier: 76's question, however, because she actually wasn't entirely sure where they are. Instead, she addressed the whole group. "I don't think I know most of you, so maybe introductions are in order? I'm Aqua, and my friend over here is Claire," she said, gesturing to her traveling companion. "Who might all of you be?"

@Atomyk @Josh M @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT

"Yeah, this is Savannah, my home town. Well, I was born in small town outside the city, still, home is home, right? Benn awhile, huh? I really should check on the garage. Damn. "

Crouching, Ellis touched the ground slight as he stared into city. Different thoughts were racing in the young man's head. Ellis Standing up, Ellis turned to the group.

"Look, I ain't sure what we're suppose to be looking, but I have a feelin' we'll know when we found it. So, how about we stock up, take a few minutes to met each other, and move out soon? The zombies, the ain't like your normal kind. Just heads up. Also if you hear a woman cryin'? Run."

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT

6wXuxwb.png

For Claire, the idea that they would be wandering into an area infected with zombies was strangely alluring. She hadn't mentioned this to Aqua on their way here for fear it would sound weird, but while Claire didn't exactly want to be doing this, she couldn't deny she had more experience than most when it came to this sort of situation. She knew she was a competent person, and going into this with that thought in mind was easing her discomfort.

As for their company, the old guy decked out with the visor seemed pretty intense, enough so that Claire couldn't imagine she'd ever want to get in his way for fear of him making an example of her. She'd let him do his thing if he wanted to be the big guy in charge here. The older woman, Carol, on the other hand, seemed just about the opposite. The way she looked at Claire suggested a sort of weariness about her, but Claire couldn't really imagine why she was here. She was carrying a weapon, however, and Ellis must have brought her for a reason, after all.

Claire decided she'd just worry about Aqua and herself, first and foremost.

"Yeah, Claire Redfield," she said, adding on to Aqua's introduction. She sounded confident, at least. Ready to take on this world.

QDyVfOb.png

Carol might have given Aqua or Soldier: 76 a confused second glance at their get-ups if she hadn't become somewhat accustomed to such odd clothing from those outside her world. The old soldier didn't seem changed from when she had last seen him in particular, which Carol was internally content with. He'd proven himself a capable ally back in the underwater city, so there was no need to worry about him here. The others, however...

"... I'm Carol," she said, looking toward Aqua and Claire. Ellis trusted them to work together, so she was going to give the boy the benefit of the doubt and assume these two knew what they were doing. No need for her to put on an act here, but no need to be difficult either. "Grew up in Georgia myself... small world, huh?"

She then looked back to Ellis and asked, "Stock up where, exactly? I mean, it's a good idea... you said we couldn't bring much." She reached toward her belt, lifting up a pistol she had tucked into the waist of her pants to show that was the only weapon she had on her.

The last member of the party had been rather quiet, but there was a reason for it. Save for his contact with Wanda Maximoff through letters, Edmond Honda had been cut off from the Multiverse ever since his trip (for lack of a better word) to Bright Falls ended in everyone-well...almost everyone, getting out alive and in one piece. He'd wanted to help more, really, but at the same time he had been more than happy to return to Tokyo to get back to his daily life. But it seemed as if the Multiverse was going to be a part of his life now, whether he liked it or not. To be going back into dangers it held, willingly this time...it was overwhelming for even him.

It was nice to be here on his own accord, though, unlike being unceremoniously dropped on a bus with a bunch of strangers. At least these strangers all knew what they were getting into. And to an extent, so did he. They were up against, what, zombies here? Honda himself wasn't too familiar with the genre, but he was sure his sumo skills could take any of these things down...as long as they weren't like that Jason fellow.

Unconciously touching his shoulder, where a scar from his first zombie encounter remained a permament memento of Bright Falls, Honda finally spoke up.

ehonda.jpg

"The name's Edmond Honda, pleasure to meet you all!"

The location surprised him a bit. Judging by the people here, he guessed they meant Georgia the state and not Georgia the country. Neither one he'd been to before, so either way it was unfamiliar territory.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Soldier: 76 peered around the circle of individuals he would eventually call his 'squad' for this mission. In a mission like this, it was a good habit to understand your comrades and have them understand you, so no one is left out and no pointless drama gets in the way of the objective.

soldier-76-overwatch-15.6.jpg

"Soldier: 76," he muttered, wanting to get past this part as soon as possible, but he still had some minor catch-up to do with those he learned to trust. He turned towards Carol and Ellis in particular and waved, "Good to see you still on your feet, Carol. Same to you, Ellis." Carol proved to be a resourceful kind of person, a trait Soldier: 76 himself picked up after he took on his new life. Ellis came from that same walk of life, and 76 wasn't surprised that they'd end up going hand-in-hand with something like this.

As for everyone else, the red glare of his visor was on them for only a couple seconds, and the old man already made his judgement. The two women looked like they were partners of some kind, the one in blue looked like she was trying her best to give up right off the bat, and the one in red looked like she hated everyone here. He sniffed and looked towards--

Oh, boy.

76 took pause at Honda, taking a moment to visualize his entire mass. A sumo wrestler was evidently accompanying the squad for this mission, with no armor, weapons, equipment or really any kind of equipment beyond his bare skin and his shorts. Honda couldn't tell what face the old man was making towards him, but it wasn't good.

Don't judge a book by its cover...

"Right," the soldier suddenly spoke, turning away from Honda and gripping his heavy pulse rifle in both hands, "Ellis is right, we're low on equipment right now and finding some place to resupply is the first priority. We move as a single unit and survey the territory, we keep our guns out and ready to shoot and kill at any time, we don't stop for drama and useless shit, and if no one moves off to get themselves killed, we finish this quick."

The old man ceased his pacing and turned towards Ellis and the rest, "Does that sound good to everyone?"

@Atomyk @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee

The keyblade master nodded when the others introduced themselves, glancing around at the new group she would likely be spending a decent amount of time with. While she didn't know much about any of them, other than Claire, they looked to be capable individuals. Even if they hadn't looked the part, however, Aqua was wise enough to know not to underestimate anyone. They may have looked different to her, but she realized that she probably looked different to them. They all came from different worlds, united by Cosmo, Ellis, and the Coalition.

While she had seemed somewhat melancholy while looking at her charm, once Aqua had put it away she straightened her back and looked sharp, more like an equal member of the group. Even if she was losing hope when it came to finding her own friends, she hadn't lost hope when it came to helping others. She looked forward to locating the missing individuals and bringing them to safety. She only hoped they wouldn't run into too many problems along the way, not like the last time she had worked with the Coalition and their affairs.

btRflLZ.png

"Is Georgia located on... Earth?" Aqua questioned, shifting her gaze from those around her to the environment itself. The area seemed oddly dead and quiet at the moment, almost as if they were experiencing a calm before the storm. Aqua just couldn't picture it would be this quiet for the entire mission. If it was, Cosmo and Ellis wouldn't have taken the time to recruit skilled individuals. "I've been to Earth before, but I don't know a lot about it."

"Anyhow, I do think it would be good if we stocked up on supplies," Aqua began in reply to Soldier 76. She was a bit surprised by how stern he was, but maybe the attitude was somewhat fitting. It wasn't as if they had come here to play around. "I find myself asking the same question Carol just asked, though. Where can we stock up? I know Soldier 76 suggested we survey the area, but before we do that... do any of you know a place? Ellis, maybe?" she questioned. If anyone knew a place Ellis might. If he did, it would cut down time. There was a good chance he didn't, but checking before they made another move wouldn't hurt.

@Atomyk @Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee

"Shit, Miss Aqua, this is my home town! I know where everthang is. We're 'bout a good five minute from the garage I ran with few of my buddies. This area seems safe, we can start there, look round, I know we got bunch of random shit just sitting there We got bunch first aid kits there on the fact that my buddy Keith always hurts?. Did I ever tell all buddy Keith? Like this one time, Keith and I were working, and sometimes we do detail work, this was on of those times, Anyway, I'm giving it a basic clean up. Keith on the time? He's got a the hood! So for , like, ten minutes, he just starts pull on it! son of a bitch pulled on it so hard, he pulls out his back! Hits the floor like a lead balloon, I tell you. Should have known he could pop it open from a button on the inside. Anyway, we just go there first, and we'll figure it out from there."

Turning to Honda, Ellis's jaw drops. With child like joy, the young man grinned from ear to ear.

'Dear god, you a damn sumo, ain't ya!? Or are you just big? Cuz that's also freakin' cool!"

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @CrunchyCHEEZIT

As the rest of the group studied each other, Honda did the same-and as he did, he could tell he was probably not giving anyone a good first impression by comparison. Sure, everyone here was human, but only three of their group looked to be in everyday clothes. Aqua, she was dressed like some character from one of those fantasy video games, and Soldier 76 looked like a general from some sort of futuristic army movie. And then, of course, there was Honda himself, towering over everyone here lengthwise and widthwise, no weapon on him but his bare hands. Not someone you'd want to ally with in a zombie setting, probably-but Honda was sure he could prove his worth.

...of course, having a backup weapon couldn't hurt, you know. Probably not a sword or gun or anything; Honda needed something that could do some damage that didn't require skill to weild it. If they were going to a garage, maybe there was a baseball bat or something along those lines.

Turning to Ellis when addressed, Honda's thoughts of weapons were ignored. Instead, his heart swelled with pride, seeing the joyful reaction he got from this talkative young man. Kids like him were why he tried so hard to spread sumo all over the world!! "That's right!" Honda laughed. "You're looking at one of Japan's finest sumo wrestlers!! Always happy to meet a fan of the sport!"

@Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk

"Now ,I wouldn't myself a fan of sumo. I mean, I never seen a match before. However, the way ya'll shove each other round like ragdolls? What's not like? Now here's a question, you're a big guy, right? Now, how strong are you? Like, could you tip a cow by yourself? One time, Keith, me, and bunch of other people got super drunk on the fourth of July. So we're all shootin' shit, and i'm tryin' to this cute girl that caught. Now did I mention we're on somebody's farm? Anyway, I'm talkin' to this girl, and Keith starts shoutin' for me. See, Keith got the great Idea to go Cow tippin'. Now when I look at him, he's push the poor cow full force, and she budge! Keith keeps goin for a bit, and quits. However, apparently the cow name was "sourfoot" cuz Keith gently knocked her hoof, and she went nanners! Like, she punt Keith ass like a star football kicker! Ended up with hoof mark's on ninety percent of his body. Moral of the story? You can push on some people all you went and they don't care. Just don't step on their foot."

Last edited by a moderator:
72WjTNC.png

Finding his words almost endearing, Aqua smiled at Ellis story. "Your friend sounds like he got himself into a lot of trouble. My friend Terra is sort of like that. He's strong, but careless. I could picture him doing something silly like you mentioned in your stories. He's always getting into--" Aqua cut herself off, frowning. "I mean, he was always getting himself into trouble..." I don't really know where he is or what he's doing now. Either he's gone, or is out there somewhere and doesn't want me to find him.

"Anyhow, I've never met a sumo restler myself. You must be really strong," the young woman commented. "Do you have to train a lot?" Aqua almost always had to train in order to keep her skills sharp. A keyblade could be a fickle weapon at times. If she didn't work to stay worthy of it there was a good chance it would leave her one day. She doubted the others had a weapon like hers, but training was still essential for any warrior.

"Oh, one more thing I should mention," Aqua began. "Ellis, you mentioned first aide kits, but I wouldn't make them a top priority. I have healing magic. So if any of you are ever injured, please be sure to see me straight away," she suggested. Aqua honestly hadn't used her magic for healing in a long time, not since the great Arch Demon battle, but in a dangerous place such as this she wouldn't have been surprised if it was necessary.

Now, Honda was starting to feel more at home with the conversation topic. Getting to talk about his passion put him at ease a little, and he puffed out his chest with pride.

"Certainly! Cows are no match for me! I've been up against fellows twice my size and weight, some little heifer is nothing! Gahahaha!" He laughed at Ellis' story, amused. "That Keith of yours sounds like a lightweight if he could get knocked so easy! If you ask me he should build up those muscles of his, get centered!"

To Aqua, he would proudly nod. "You bet! I've trained since I was a boy, and I certainly haven't let up since then. Of course, fighting elsewhere has helped with all that, but sumo wrestling ain't easy!"

Interested by the comment about magic, Honda asked her, "Healing magic, huh? Do you know other spells too?" His knowledge of magic was limited to what he'd seen Wanda do, but he was certainly intruiged by the subject!

...granted Aqua didn't have to bite him for it to work.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT

"Come on now, man! We all ain't built like a brick wall, ya know?"

Smirking and Honda, Ellis stopped as Aqua's words reached him. Listening close, the man cracked a smile.

"Woah, you some sorta magic user? I know a few of those back in the coalition. Like, I know, Miss Wynne, she's a mage and she good at, umm, she called her type of magic "Spirit healing. Note as interesting as you think. All I did was glow lil' bit. I like her though, she knits the best socks. I got mine on right now. Breaths good and everthin'. Oh! And Miss Wanda can use magic too, but she told me healing isn't a natural use in her type. She gotta "weave the magic in through the out door", whatever that means. I thought that was just a "Led Zeppelin" Album. Any who, we gotta move soon. The shop is close."

soldier-76-overwatch-15.6.jpg

Unlike the rest of the group, Soldier: 76 didn't find the Sumo conversation as endearing. "Enough. We have a job to get done here, people, stay focused!" 76 barked his order, glaring at Ellis and Honda. Knowing that the old man took time out of his own mission to help out old friends, he wasn't going to waste any time on non-priorities. Time is a resource that Jack doesn't have enough of these days, but for some reason he decided to follow Ellis here anyway. Maybe he's getting senile already? "I didn't have time to get any medical equipment from my place, I was...'busy'. You mentioned there were medkits in that shop, Ellis?"

76 turned to face Aqua, noting her comment about healing magic. Jack imagined it'd be something Dr. Ziegler would've used, so he wasn't immediately going to question how it works, but...then again, Dr. Ziegler may or may not actually be a witch. "I don't know shit about magic, but I know how a medical kit works. In case that magic ever backfires, we should have a good stock on medkits."

76 wasn't hesitant on moving forward, as he already began walking ahead, checking his rifle and adjust his glaring visor whilst talking, "Ellis, take point and lead us towards the shop. We'll all follow close behind in a tight unit. Everyone, keep your eyes peeled and no one gets themselves killed, shot, stabbed, whatever the hell. "

"Is that clear? I hope so. Let's move."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M

CFDoWiP.png

Aqua continued to hold a smile, actually glad she had a moment to speak with the new group. "You must be very strong!" Aqua complimented Honda, sounding impressed by his words. "I'm the same way. I've trained ever since I was a young girl, and it made me strong. I became who I am today because of all the training I received. I wouldn't trade it for the world."

She nodded toward Honda and Ellis when they would mention her magic. "I do know spells other than healing related ones. I've always been pretty good at magic," she told them, actually being modest about her skills. Truthfully, she was more than just pretty good at magic. She was a master, and magic was her specialty. She could use high-leveled spells with ease, and her magic was more powerful even in comparison to others who could use the same high-leveled spells.

"Oh, I know of Wynne and Wanda. I heard about them when I worked for the Coalition, even if I never met them in person. They sound very powerful with their magical abilities. They could probably teach me a thing or two," she said with a chuckle.

Aqua cut off her laugh, however, when Soldier 76 spoke up. He didn't exactly sound pleased they were chatting instead of moving along. "My magic doesn't backfire, but I understand your concern," Aqua replied. "Don't take our conversation as neglecting our mission. I often find it's good to speak with people I work alongside. Learning more about them can be helpful. Anyhow, I have no problems with moving along. I'm ready."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Atomyk
1rJCrNW.png

"Georgia. In America. It's on most Earths I'm familiar with," Claire said to Aqua, finding herself almost laughing at the seemingly absurd statement. After all, she and Aqua had just come from an alternate Earth themselves, which would have been almost a dizzying concept if she were not already familiar with such things. "Can't say I've ever been here before. Magic, though... Aqua's taught me a bit about it. With her help, I might be able to do those kinds of things, but otherwise I only have my natural skills to rely on."

Carol, at the very least, offered Honda a nod. Wasn't her call here to determine who was right for the task at hand, not until she saw how they worked. For all she knew, she was the least notable member of the team, which made her wonder all over again what benefit Ellis thought she brought to it. Moral support? Yeah, she would have to question that decision...

"No complaints here," Carol said, agreeing with Soldier: 76's outburst. "He's right." Ellis had a habit of going off on tangents and focusing on matters that were far from helpful at the worst of times. His latest story, even, had placed them further away from the task he was trying to lay out. "Ellis knows the way, so we'll follow his lead, but 76 knows what he's talking about. Ellis, you would be good to listen to what he has to say." With that, she gestured for them to go.

"Can do..." Claire said, falling in line next to Aqua. She wasn't sure what to make of Carol, but she was looking to be a no-nonsense sort like the soldier already. It wasn't lost on her that the woman had the least to offer about herself.

The streets were barren, for the most part, occupied only by abandoned cars and littered trash. Dried patches of blood stood out here and there, a grim reminder that the unassuming city was the site of an ongoing battle against the dead. It was a few blocks down from where they began that they found another person, though Ellis was quick to note that this was no healthy individual.

14SzjCG.jpg

The woman was staggering on her feet, writhing in place as if she was in pain. Her head was primarily turned upward as she looked up into the sky, mouth agape as it uttered soft moans. It was a gross sound, almost unnatural for a human.

It wasn't a sight that caused either Carol or Claire any alarm. The pair of them had both seen similar infected in their own lives, though the woman standing before them was certainly unique. She seemed to have full range of her limbs, with her legs twitching at a rate that suggested she could use them to run if needed. It was Carol's first instinct to sneak up on the woman to take her out, but she made an effort to wait so they could observe the infected.

"Is she fast?" Claire asked in a low whisper. She'd dealt with monsters capable of speedy assaults in the past, but it felt unnerving to think the common zombie could chase her down. Raccoon City would have been a very different experience if that had been the case.

xG0SZDk.png

"It's not their sight they rely on the most... it's sound," Carol said, more speaking to herself as she affirmed the similarities to the infected she was familiar with. Ellis had informed them of that much, at least. "Smell too."

Last edited:
  • Love
Aqua almost wanted to say something in reply to the statement Claire struggled not to laugh through, but instead just smiled sheepishly. The young woman could easily have protested by saying she had visited so many places it was hard to remember which worlds had what locations. Especially considering her one-track mind often became so fixated on locating her friends she occasionally lost track of details. However, she didn't bother explaining herself. After all, hearing Claire make a lighthearted statement--almost to the point of laughing--was comforting to her. In fact, she would've been more than happy to say over a thousand absurd things if it made Claire's day a little brighter.

"Oh! Right, silly me. I should've known. We were just on Earth. You'll have to give me another geography lesson later, huh?"

Following suit, Aqua walked after Ellis with the others. She quieted in order to better focus on their surroundings, frowning at the sights before them. Although the location was different, it reminded her of the Badlands she had visited long ago and saw yet again during their conflict with the archdemon. This place was a graveyard for lost lives, just as the Badlands were a graveyard for many, many fallen keyblade wielders. The thoughts in comparison caused a shiver to run down the master's spine. This place may have been horrible, but that's exactly why she had come. There were people here who needed her help.

As they approached the ill woman, much like Carol and Claire, Aqua didn't react. Having dealt with the crossed before, the sight of a person in this state wasn't much different. She did, however, narrow her eyes sadly for a moment, feeling bad for the poor woman who had succumbed to such a cruel fate.

LTNCjHO.png

That poor woman. I hope we find Ellis' friends before this happens to them too...

"Is she anything like the crossed?" Aqua whispered to the others as she continued to observe the infected woman. She expected Claire would answer her if none of the others knew about the crossed, but seeing how experienced some of these people were she wouldn't have doubted they might have some knowledge on the subject as well.

Reactions: Josh M
"The Crossed?" Ellis said, look at Aqua. "Nah. These thangs can't use weapons." He smirked at her for a moment, before turning and moving to approach the infected woman. Surprisingly quick, Ellis slashed at her head with a knife, a part of he scalp popping off as she tumbled to the ground. Finishing her off, Ellis' boot stomped into the woman's face. His Jeans now cover in blood, Ellis aimed his smile at the group.

"Good job, Ellis," Carol praised, making him feel a bit giddy.

"Now, we ain't too far. I can just about see it from here. Come on."

Just a few blocks down, Ellis brought the group to a fenced off parking lot that was shaded from taller buildings nearby blocking the sun. He hopped the fence and brought the group over toward what looked to be once a local business. Two big garage doors were currently shuttered, and all the windows appeared boarded up. To get inside, Ellis brought the group to the side of the building, where he pulled off a couple of boards that only appeared to be bolted over it.

Once inside, Ellis walked across the room and hit some kind of device that turned on the overhead lights. "Got a generator," he said in explanation.

zmZpxQD.png

"Y'all can make yourselves at home if you like... got weapons, ammo. Food and water too. Those first aid kits are in the lockers if you need 'em."

Claire looked around a bit sheepishly, her mind still locked in on that infected woman from before. Aqua had asked if she had been like the Crossed, and it occurred to Claire just how many different kinds of infected people she had encountered in her life. It was nothing less than disheartening to imagine how many worlds were like her own or Ellis'.

"Some... water would be nice," Claire said.

1rJCrNW.png

"Georgia. In America. It's on most Earths I'm familiar with," Claire said to Aqua, finding herself almost laughing at the seemingly absurd statement. After all, she and Aqua had just come from an alternate Earth themselves, which would have been almost a dizzying concept if she were not already familiar with such things. "Can't say I've ever been here before. Magic, though... Aqua's taught me a bit about it. With her help, I might be able to do those kinds of things, but otherwise I only half my natural skills to rely on."

Carol, at the very least, offered Honda a nod. Wasn't her call here to determine who was right for the task at hand, not until she saw how they worked. For all she knew, she was the least notable member of the team, which made her wonder all over again what benefit Ellis thought she brought to it. Moral support? Yeah, she would have to question that decision...

"No complaints here," Carol said, agreeing with Soldier: 76's outburst. "He's right." Ellis had a habit of going off on tangents and focusing on matters that were far from helpful at the worst of times. His latest story, even, had placed them further away from the task he was trying to lay out. "Ellis knows the way, so we'll follow his lead, but 76 knows what he's talking about. Ellis, you would be good to listen to what he has to say." With that, she gestured for them to go.

"Can do..." Claire said, falling in line next to Aqua. She wasn't sure what to make of Carol, but she was looking to be a no-nonsense sort like the soldier already. It wasn't lost on her that the woman had the least to offer about herself.

The streets were barren, for the most part, occupied only by abandoned cars and littered trash. Dried patches of blood stood out here and there, a grim reminder that the unassuming city was the site of an ongoing battle against the dead. It was a few blocks down from where they began that they found another person, though Ellis was quick to note that this was no healthy individual.

14SzjCG.jpg

The woman was staggering on her feet, writhing in place as if she was in pain. Her head was primarily turned upward as she looked up into the sky, mouth agape as it uttered soft moans. It was a gross sound, almost unnatural for a human.

It wasn't a sight that caused either Carol or Claire any alarm. The pair of them had both seen similar infected in their own lives, though the woman standing before them was certainly unique. She seemed to have full range of her limbs, with her legs twitching at a rate that suggested she could use them to run if needed. It was Carol's first instinct to sneak up on the woman to take her out, but she made an effort to wait so they could observe the infected.

"Is she fast?" Claire asked in a low whisper. She'd dealt with monsters capable of speedy assaults in the past, but it felt unnerving to think the common zombie could chase her down. Raccoon City would have been a very different experience if that had been the case.

xG0SZDk.png

"It's not their sight they rely on the most... it's sound," Carol said, more speaking to herself as she affirmed the similarities to the infected she was familiar with. Ellis had informed them of that much, at least. "Smell too."

Soldier wasn't expecting any resistance towards his order, since he knew the people he was working with. These were reliable, sensible people that have proved themselves as valuable allies in Rapture. The old soldier always considered himself a lone wolf ever since he came back from the dead, and those that followed behind him did nothing but harm towards himself and others. The events that went down in the Tomb of Kings, and Rapture; catching up with McCree, meeting people like Carol, Ellis, Jesse-- hell, even that little Gwen monster-- did something to change that.

The question is if that change still carries weight.

Soldier creeped along with the rest of the party, his eyes darting around the barren streets behind his visor. It wasn't a surprise for anyone that his rifle sights immediately trained on the only other figure in the park-- a sickly-looking woman, shambling mindlessly like a puppet. Carol spoke quick enough to prevent the old man from opening fire, as he noted the shadowy figures shambling off in the foggy distance. It reminded him of that stupid "Dr. Junkenstein" story Reinhardt told every Halloween, about the zombie omnics-- zomnics, if you will.

It also reminds him of the first Splicer he killed in Rapture, which isn't as whimsical as the former. Nothing is, these days.

tumblr_nxsmcexPIZ1tc9xv2o5_400.jpg

"Hmph, can't be too different from a Splicer," he muttered to Carol and Claire, starting to move clos--
Ellis slashed at her head with a knife, a part of he scalp popping off as she tumbled to the ground. Finishing her off, Ellis' boot stomped into the woman's face​
Soldier: 76 loosened his aim as the woman's face quickly became one with the concrete, giving Ellis a silent nod of approval. It was a quiet take-down that didn't attract any attention; nice and clean, for the most part. The old man walked past the infected corpse with no regard. He isn't in the mood to be sad right now.

76 was the first to begin rummaging through the supplies the mechanics shop had to offer, resting the massive, futuristic rifle he was holding on the metal table as he stockpiled. The old man paused in the middle of his rummaging, however, turning towards the rest of the group with what appeared to be a pistol in his hand.

"What year is it? In this 'world', I mean."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Atomyk @Yun Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.