Slayers and Slaves: Advent of Demons

Status
Not open for further replies.
May i suggest that a slayer could possibly have two demons, if they're skilled enough?
It would solve some problems with the lack of slayers, in any case.

Anyways, just here to tell you all that I'ma be out of town for the next two days, so I dunno how my internets gonna be. I'll probably be on and off a bit.

Guys, I have an idea. What if our characters, the demons and the slayers are part of a prophecy ? Something like "The blood of the tained washed by the saint and blah blah blah ..." I will try to think of something.
And what if when we will have the BIG battle with the boss, something to the prophecy tied will happen? And perhaps maybe an angel, but not those sweet and good hearted creature. More like twisted, and heartless, with 2-3 heads and very shinny who make deals, and to not be very different from demons, but the only different is that demons can make their own choices and they not.

Just an idea :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like that idea!

But I'm trying to refrain from posting since I don't really have a slayer yet ;_;

Eh. The prophecy idea is good, but the 'angels are really evil' thing is kind of tiresome to me at this point. I've seen it too much. :/ Although I do at least like the idea of them being more like they are in the Bible, instead of looking human with wings.

I really like that idea!

But I'm trying to refrain from posting since I don't really have a slayer yet ;_;
Well, @Jhuton did agree when I suggested slayers can have two demons at this point, if they're skilled enough. So, yeah. I think Ken would be skilled enough since he's been doing this for a few years, so if you want I wouldn't mind taking you either.

I already offered to be Jhuton's slayer though, so we'll wait until we hear from him again xP

I'll just make a slayer, and have him seal Baku. If that's fine with you Ayla.

Oh damn :) and since Baku was kinda cute >.< buuu~t nooo, not skilled enough, i would take hef.. but again, is better if only was was skilled -evil laugh- i can't wait to go a little far in the rp.
@The Alchemist please don' t understand me wrong. I love the idea of a skilled slayers, but I mean between I want that too and I don't want because I want to make a more unique story out of this roleplay.
Thank you sweeties :) you make me blush
you see @Drakken I want the angel to appear only for a short period. Like: Is the end of humans time KABOOM ! But we are like: noo ! We will fight and so on.

I'll just make a slayer, and have him seal Baku. If that's fine with you Ayla.

If it's not too much pressure on you... I would hate to make You feel pressured by having to make ssure you maintained two characters ;_;

If it's not too much pressure on you... I would hate to make You feel pressured by having to make ssure you maintained two characters ;_;
Managing two characters isn't really that hard for me. I'm used to writing for multiple characters in RP stories.

Oh that's awesome! I'm super excited because this rp is so cool!

You know, playing a highly religious person when I myself am an atheist...is kinda weird.

Awesome, but weird. Especially now that Hella has bought up the whole 'killing in the name of god' thing.

I really have no argument for that xD

Actually, the argument is pretty easy to make. Every group has its extremists that like to use their religion as a shield or excuse for their actions. Not everyone in any given religion is going to be like that. The ones that do act like that are just spouting hot air.

In the case of this world, it's kind of hard to argue anyway, since whatever happens it mostly up to the GM and what he decides (we haven't even been given a definitive yes or no as to whether there is a god, all we know is that there's this divine energy and demons don't like it). But for the demon worshipers, they are kind of worshiping creatures hellbent (kek) on destroying all of humanity.

Actually, the argument is pretty easy to make. Every group has its extremists that like to use their religion as a shield or excuse for their actions. Not everyone in any given religion is going to be like that. The ones that do act like that are just spouting hot air.

In the case of this world, it's kind of hard to argue anyway, since whatever happens it mostly up to the GM and what he decides (we haven't even been given a definitive yes or no as to whether there is a god, all we know is that there's this divine energy and demons don't like it). But for the demon worshipers, they are kind of worshiping creatures hellbent (kek) on destroying all of humanity.
I was talking about from Ken's perspective, mainly. I know everything about religious extremists as I grew up around a lot of them. As someone who relies on logic for arguments, just having him claiming 'god' as justification for his actions, is really...difficult for me to wrap my head around.

meaning, my mind is trying to create a logical argument where there is probably none, and its like my mind divided by zero or something xD

also, dat pun.

I was talking about from Ken's perspective, mainly. I know everything about religious extremists as I grew up around a lot of them. As someone who relies on logic for arguments, just having him claiming 'god' as justification for his actions, is really...difficult for me to wrap my head around.

meaning, my mind is trying to create a logical argument where there is probably none, and its like my mind divided by zero or something xD

also, dat pun.
Well like I said, it would be logical from his perspective because these aren't just random people. They're worshipers of the creatures trying to wipe out humanity. To do that, they're either insane or being mind controlled/possessed (and since most demons don't give a crap about enslaving humans, mind control isn't very likely). So they need to be put down before they hurt the people around them. It's pretty straight-forward, really. Maybe if there's a way to save someone that's been possessed, a non-lethal approach might be taken, but I don't know how possession works in this RP yet. From the first IC post, it almost seems like the host dies.

Name

Derek Strathson

Appearance

He isn't particularly tall, standing at the average height of 5'8", but he's wide and bulky, with combed back spiky hazel-brown hair. He has deep blue-green eyes, set deep beneath his brow beneath thick eyebrows. He has thick sideburns and scruff makes up the rest of his facial hair, despite shaving every morning. Sometimes he lets it grow into a dark beard, which he keeps well groomed. His clothes when off-duty are casual, with the fanciest he gets being a button-up shirt and slightly less beaten up jeans. Otherwise, he wears flannel shirts a lot and camouflage jackets. His pants are often stained with grease or oil from working on cars and bikes for the Order on the side.

Personality

Loud and energetic, Derek enjoys taking long rides when he gets the chance. So missions that require a road trip are his favorites. In dark times like this, he tries to find enjoyment where he can, and enjoys indulging in his hobbies (fixing cars, practicing at the firing range or in the gym, and practicing Judo) that just so happen to play into his job as well. Derek likes friendly sparring, but actual brutal fighting is something he doesn't take any enjoyment from. In a real fight, he's hesitant to hurt humans, but won't hold back against demons. In his mind, humans who have gone astray can be saved, given time. Demon Worshippers are just terrified and looking for a way out of a seemingly impossible situation. They don't know the demons don't care about taking servants, they just need to be shown the error of their ways.

He's also a flirt, and likes hitting on beautiful women. Demon women are a different matter though. He prefers not to risk being tricked or lured into a trap by a demon, so he keeps them at arm's length, even the sealed ones. Especially the sealed ones. He regards the sealed demons as a double-edged sword that hold the potential to do as much harm as they do good. Some of them could resent their imprisonment. So he treats them with polite neutrality, and little more.

History

Derek lived out in the woods with family and close friends for most of his life before refugees from areas hit by demon attacks started passing through on their way to the next city. That was the first time Derek personally saw the devastation and pain the demons could cause, as he witnessed injured and displaced people drive through, stopping only for a short rest and more supplies. It stirred something in Derek, a desire to do something about it. Before, he'd been distanced from it, like it was something not quite real. That it had nothing to do with him. But not anymore. It was shortly after that, that the Order formed.

Derek went to join and trained to become a strong Slayer, learning to channel holy essence in order to fight demons. When he found out about insane people actually worshiping the demons, he was flabbergasted. In his time at the Order, and going on missions, he quickly learned that demons didn't care about humans, besides as a source of food or for possession. He had a hard time understanding them until he was sent to subdue or, if necessary, exterminate them. One of the worshippers turned out to be a young man, frightened for his life, desperate for an escape. Derek incapacitated some, and was forced to kill others. The survivors were restrained and brought back to the Order. Derek visited the kid and helped talk him through his fear, that things weren't so bleak as he thought. There was hope. The Order was helping bring things back under control, and would defeat the demons in time. Eventually, the kid denounced his worship of the demons and was taken into custody of an Order orphanage.

After that, Derek became determined to save as many people as he could, not just to kill demons. That included the people cowed into worshiping the very things out to slaughter them.

Weapon

He prefers to fight in hand to hand and uses a pair of gauntlets to protect his hands and enhance his attacks. The gauntlets also enhance his strength and fortitude with holy essence, making him hard to take down and particularly effective against demons. He keeps a pistol as a sidearm, but prefers not to use it on humans. Against demons, he can unleash holy essence from his gauntlets in a short-range burst of energy. He can also unleash it in a wide-area attack, but it's indiscriminate and can hurt sealed demons if he isn't careful about the placement.

Weakness

Limited range when not using his pistol, and hesitates against human targets that require lethal force. His holy essence attacks aren't very effective against humans. Without his gauntlets, it's harder for him to channel holy essence, so his attacks using it are weaker, and he's not as tough.

And there's my slayer character. I still need to draw my other character, and I'll get this guy after him. Posting for him will have to wait until tomorrow though. Ayla, I'll send you a PM so we can talk about how he fights and seals Baku (by the way, can you link larger versions of her apperance? They show up tiny for me and can't click to expand them).

Last edited:
Ahhh I dont think so D: Reason being my computer broke literally just today, and all my saved images are gone.... I could try and find them again but it'll probably take me a while to hunt them down and then find bigger images :( im so sorry ahh

Sorry for posting so infrequently guys. I'm absolutely swamped with work right now. I'll get back on track as soon as I get the chance

I feel you on that, Jhuton. I've got a wacky schedule this week (and probably will next week too), due to two people taking their vacations one after the other in my department.

Status
Not open for further replies.