Slayers and Slaves: Advent of Demons

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jhuton

Original poster
Introduction

I.C l Character Roster

"You are mine. I do to you what I will and you do as I command. Your existence revolves around serving me. You are now and forever my slave."

It is the pre-modern era and the world is more religious than ever before. The church has amassed global power that would make even the greatest king jealous. They make the laws of the lands and no king, emperor or lord can rival their judgement. And at the helm of this powerful body are The Gregory, (Greg-o-ri). A council of three very powerful people who rule over the world with an iron fist. For centuries after this religious takeover all was well with the world. Nations were more cooperative than they were before, people were more unified than before and the world on a whole was more prosperous than it had ever been. That was until two years ago, when the first of the demons appeared. Their origins were unknown, but what was sure of them were that they were powerful, evil, and an enemy to anything which drew breath. They varied in shape and sizes, from colossal mindless brutes to humanoid and intelligent. They ravaged the different countries, slaughtering entire villages, possessing weak willed humans and destroying crops and buildings. The world was burning, and the Gregory rose in its defense. They founded the Order of the Holy Slayers. This faction consisted of several priests and warriors from across the world. After a a year of training the slayers were able to hone their skills and master their different weapons, from swords to staffs to guns. For a while, that was enough and they were able to drive back the demons, but then the more intelligent one's took charge and things started to go bad once more. It was at this time that the priests were able to create seals from the Holy Essence. Energy summoned from Heaven itself by the priests. Using these seals they were able to seal away the free will of several more intelligent demons and bind them to obey a select few slayers. This forced ally between demons and humans proved to be enough to hold the demons at bay, but they have recently been growing in numbers and it is the duty of the slayers and their demons to put an end to the life of every demon an seal their entrance points before they overrun the world and end human existence.

Slayers
tumblr_mvgsnwehf01qbvovho1_500.gif

tumblr_n7yg6wsSSF1r1mi29o1_500.gif

Persons who are members of the Order of the Holy Slayers are referred to as slayers regardless of their role in the group. They comprise of priest and warriors who are handpicked by the Gregory themselves, which means not just anyone can enter. It's members have a broad age spectrum, from teens to the more elderly. Though teens are mostly combat slayers while the older members are priestly slayers. Some slayers are giving sealed demons as partners to work with. They receive them in an elaborate ceremony conducted by the Gregory in which these demons are given over to specific slayers. Some slayers also capture their own demons and are allowed to keep them. Their is a wide range of weapons which the slayers use. These include:

-Guns (Which fire either bullets or holy essence)

-Swords (Which can also be adorned with holy essence)

-Sealing scrolls which can seal minor spirits

-And just about any other weapon you can think of ( And for all you psychos, yes, you can have a chainsaw)

N.B: Only humans can be slayers and each slayer can be paired with a demon partner if requested.

Sealed Demons
tumblr_my6jxmEAoF1rlaut3o1_500.gif

tumblr_ne9wzuyWC51tzmspro9_500.gif

These demons are human in appearance and are higher in power than most of the other demons. They are sealed with the holy essence and so their is no possibility of breaking these seals. They can however be released from their seals by their master, who would be the slayers. some of these demons resent their masters and the fact that they have to be subservient while others are indifferent. Demons can even build friendships with their human partners if they wish. They can have whichever powers you choose to give them, as long as they aren't too overpowered. If you desire, you can give your demon a demon form to fight in. As for weapons, they don't normally posses these as they're powers are enough for regular combat. If demons wish to grow in power they have the option of training or they may absorb other minor demons for a small power boost. humanoid demons cannot absorb other humanoid or giant demons.

Rules
1. No Godmoding

2. No badmouthing other players/ cursing on the thread

3. Killing other characters is allowed but only after consent is given from myself and that characters owner

4. No more than two characters per player for now

5. Please use decent grammar. I'm no grammar nazi, but it's nice to be able to read a coherently written post

6. Please write at least one paragraph per post

7. At least two posts per week

8. Notify me if you won't be able to post for a while

9. No cluttering the O.O.C

10. Do not submit a C.S if you cannot be dedicated to the c.s. It is annoying and lethal to rp's for people to just disappear

Character Sheet (Human)

Copy and paste and delete any underlined parts

Name:

Appearance: Picture or description

Personality: Brief, just a few lines

History: About one paragraph is enough

Weapon: Picture or description

Weakness:

Character Sheet (Demon)

Copy and paste and delete any underlined parts

Name:

Appearance: Picture or description

Personality: Just a few lines

History: Just a paragraph about the demons origin. Avoid the topic of how your demon makes it into earth. (demonic secret)

Powers: Don't make it too out there

Demon form: Optional. Pic or description

Weakness:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lari Belle
Name: Keiro (Lord of Worms)

Appearance:
anime-smart-boy.jpg

Personality: Keiro has a very laid-back personality. He doesn't seem to care much about the fact that his own will has been sealed away and even tries to get on well with his human partner. Despite this he is actually very cunning and evil. He is not truly to be trusted as he is always looking for a way to escape his life of servitude and regain control over himself once more. Since coming to earth he has taken a liking to the clothes worn by humans and he is often seen wearing and even fighting in expensive suits. One who does not know Kiero might easily assume that he is completely reformed because of his mannerisms, but despite his good nature, he can still be very heartless and savage in combat.

History: Keiro was never well liked in hell despite his high breed lineage. His father was a duke and so he ruled over a small portion of hell. Because of Keiro's conniving nature even the demons in hell were weary of being around him. He acquired the title lord of worms for his unique powers as well as his ability to appear harmless. When he came to hell he had the intention to conquer a continent and rule it for himself, without any input from other demons. He did well at putting down his eneimies until a slayer managed to seal him, at the cost of his own life. Since then, several other demons have taken the opportunity to try and kill him. His main goal is to find a way to rid himself of his seal and kill the slayer who currently masters him.

Powers: He has the ability to heal at an increased rate due to his worm like structure. He can survive near fatal attacks by healing quickly, but he can only heal so many times at once before the ability becomes temporarily dormant. In his demon form he is able to defend himself with his tails as well as grab and hit persons with them.

Demon form: In his demonic form Keiro's skin becomes pale and pasty. His bones and important organs become softer and less easily damaged and he sprouts five worm like tails from his lower back which he uses in combat.

Weakness: He has a severe weakness to fire as it can dry him out quickly and render him immobile. He is also weak against the Holy Essence and despite the fact that he has increased healing he cannot re-animate if he is killed.

Reactions: Lari Belle
Hey looks really cool! Can I reserve a Human character? I can't write a decent CS right now so I'll post it later.

No problem.Just make sure you get your c.s up as soon as possible

Name: Aaron Nuzum

Appearance: 9ec796885791bcd6822fb729f2c3d629.jpg (Sorry its a anime photo, I can't see the one you posted but I cant change it to a real person if you want)

Personality: Aaron is a very strict guy, he believes that the best way to get rid of the Demons are to follow what the higher ups say and do not question orders. Aaron has a younger brother, but he was too weak to be a Slayer and has always resented Aaron for becoming one. Despite this Aaron dedicates his work to his brother, promising himself that he will help rid the world of demons for him. Aaron is rather gullible and will believe anything, he is easily lead, even if he is the superior in the situation.

History: His family were peaceful farmers and although Aaron always wondered about what was outside his small, simple village, but his need for home always won out against his thirst of adventure. Two years ago, Aaron's homeland was the first of the demon attacks. They wiped out not only his village, but many cities and the surrounding land as well. Aaron lost his parents and younger sister in the disaster, leaving just Aaron and his younger brother. The sword Aaron has is one he found lying in the wreckage of his village, it was then that he made his promise about the demons, vowing that he would use that sword to do it.

Weapon: Aaron wields a black sword which he named Amaziah after his brother.
imgres.jpg
Weakness: He is very skilled at melee fighting, but up against ranged or magical attackers there is little he can do to them but hide behind a shield.

Your C.S is accepted! I didn't realize my Character's picture couldn't be viewed. It should be fixed now

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
@Lari Belle I'm hoping we can get a few more people so we can start soon. You can invite anyone you think might be interested

Hello :) I like your rp idea. So can I join ?
For the moment I am out of town so I will be back in 2 days. I can make a CS but won't be something great. If eventually there will join more people in this two days can I still have a spot for me ? ^-^

No problem. as long as you're sure you can get you're C.S up in time

...this looks like it could be fun.
I wouldn't mind making a character, (already have a basic concept for a sealed demon ready to go) but I do have a question about the plot.

Mainly, what exactly are we to be doing? Demon hunting mostly, and is there some overreaching plot we will be going through? I think having something like that would help draw more people in.

@The Alchemist I'm glad for your interest. The basic premise for the r.p will indeed be demon hunting. But I have created an underlying plot which will draw characters together. I was thinking of revealing this through the I.C but I guess I'll just get that out there now. The main plot of the r.p will revolve around the demons on earth attempting to sacrifice the souls of a thousand sinners and a saint to awaken an Arch demon. The main goal of the slayers will be to protect these innocent humans, sinners and otherwise, and eventually, to kill this arch demon . I might add this into the Introduction if you guys are okay with it.

@The Alchemist I'm glad for your interest. The basic premise for the r.p will indeed be demon hunting. But I have created an underlying plot which will draw characters together. I was thinking of revealing this through the I.C but I guess I'll just get that out there now. The main plot of the r.p will revolve around the demons on earth attempting to sacrifice the souls of a thousand sinners and a saint to awaken an Arch demon. The main goal of the slayers will be to protect these innocent humans, sinners and otherwise, and eventually, to kill this arch demon . I might add this into the Introduction if you guys are okay with it.
No need to go into so much detail - you could have simply put something like this

'For awhile, the demons have been most unorganized. However, recently their attacks have been increasing and even a few members of The Gregory have been targeted for unknown reasons. They have tried to cover it up, but rumors are hard to quell. It will be the Slayer's job to look into these incidents, kill any demon and save any innocents they can.'

doesn't reveal a whole lot about the demons motivations, but it gives people a clear idea of what we will be doing and lets them speculate about the demons goals. A Plot Hook, if you will.

Buuuut~
Anyways, my demon is pretty much done. Need to tweak a few things, but she should be up soon.

Ah.

One more question though. What exactly is a 'Too out there' ability for a demon to you?

Name: Eirian Hui

Appearance:
Ryuryu.Mikan.600.1839712.jpg

Personality: Being part of a nobel family had it's own privileges, which included a cunning character, a sly and witty nature embowed with the innocence of a child. Former warrior, her father was deeply dissappointed that Gods granted him a daughter and no't a son. He taught Eirian from a fragil age the art of close-combat, being specialized on the dragon style kung fu and other basic martial arts. Was taught to have a calm and calculated behavior, never showing the true intentions. As she was first taught about body language, over time Eirian could understand a person far more better than speaking, "reading" him/her to know the true intentions and sometimes actions with a vague accuracy. In some aspects she is far beyond an average person IQ or reflexes.
Inherited from her mother her beauty and that innocence in eyes, icons of a true nobel.

History:
Eirian was the first woman born as a heir in the Hui clan, after 20 days, was born her younger brother Aiden. As a disgrace and punishment from Gods for being a female, for 15 years she never left the house and gardens. Those years were spent with her father, nothing more than rigorous trainings and occasionally "lady" lessons with her mother.
"You will be a great bodyguard. You must protect your brother !" Were the words, always repeated by her father, no life, just a souless puppet. Her weapon of choice were the "wind and fire wheels", the weapons belonged to her grand-grandfather who was known as a "witch hunter" and that his spirit will guide her in actions. Eirian had a beautiful connection with her younger brother who told her the beautiful landscapes beyond the walls of the gardens, the people and simply how he saw the world.
Assigned to a simple mission, was the 15th birthday of her brother and he wanted a night out. Everything went fine, but during the returning home a man with red eyes sting her in the arm, eventually the man was killed and they continued their way home. Later that night, Eirian had abdominal pain and bassed on a witness declaration she went " on a killing party, eventually killing all the members of the family as a mad-man". No one knew the witness, of it was a she or he is a mistery, it just appeared out of nowhere and the same way vanished.
Eirian left the clan, the house, her past. She traveled under the guidance of a former circus ringmaster and a learned a few things with him. During her travel she met a few demons, ugly and disgusting, no't even near the beautiful and dangerous creatures she read about.

Weapon:
Wind and fire wheels
img-thing

Weakness:
- She is dyslexic, an emphasized dyslexia. Hardly can read something, and at speaking she pronounce simple words.
- During a mission, she got infected with a toxine that is rotting her intern organs. The process is slow and painful, often leaving the victim in excruciating pain, then it stops. Eirian takes medications, but does not cure her, everything they do is just to stop the toxine from advancing.
- She tends to jump, literally into the attack, has nothing to lose, so being in the core of a fight became an habit for her.
-Tends to get attached to men who resemble her younger brother
-She sees demons as humans, humans with powers and more ugly

(Hope that it is ok)

Quick question: What's the general timeline for this? Like, is it a more modern time? I see there's guns, so that's what I'm assuming, but I would like to know for sure.

No need to go into so much detail - you could have simply put something like this

'For awhile, the demons have been most unorganized. However, recently their attacks have been increasing and even a few members of The Gregory have been targeted for unknown reasons. They have tried to cover it up, but rumors are hard to quell. It will be the Slayer's job to look into these incidents, kill any demon and save any innocents they can.'

doesn't reveal a whole lot about the demons motivations, but it gives people a clear idea of what we will be doing and lets them speculate about the demons goals. A Plot Hook, if you will.

Buuuut~
Anyways, my demon is pretty much done. Need to tweak a few things, but she should be up soon.

Ah.

One more question though. What exactly is a 'Too out there' ability for a demon to you?
By too out there I mean don't give your character enough power to kill two other characters in one go. In other words, no large and deadly explosions, impossible to dodge attacks or anticipating an opponents every move.

Quick question: What's the general timeline for this? Like, is it a more modern time? I see there's guns, so that's what I'm assuming, but I would like to know for sure.
The time period is pre-modern as in the mid 1900's.

Oh I must have missed that part, thanks. I'm working on a demon at the moment to even things out.

By too out there I mean don't give your character enough power to kill two other characters in one go. In other words, no large and deadly explosions, impossible to dodge attacks or anticipating an opponents every move.
Hrrrrm~

may have to decide to change my characters abilities then.

As of now, her ability is to...'hear' opponents. Basically, able to hear their movements. Its not exactly predicting their movement - as she can't ever possibly know what there going to do. Quick, erratic movements actually cause her to develop a rather horrid headache.

I'm not going to be OP with it, I promise, but i'll change it to keep it within your rules. Better safe than sorry. Just need to think of an ability for her demon form to have...

Oh I must have missed that part, thanks. I'm working on a demon at the moment to even things out.
And I'm working on a demon too, friend. She's almost done, just needs an ability xP

Name:
Senna or Sen
The Cursed Armor

Appearance:
f8c705e01c5ef3ec337f2fe02596f93b09da04b2.jpg

Senna appears to be a young woman adorned in weathered, pitch black armor. The armor is obviously broken in several places, revealing her pale skin underneath it. The armor has obviously seen a lot of use in its time, but despite this it still doesn't seem to lose any of its protectiveness. Never once, has anyone seen her remove the armor.

From what is visible, is that she has the eyes the color of a beautiful sunset, with long, raven colored hair and extremely pale skin. She has multiple jagged scars across her body, ruining her otherwise immaculate appearance.

Personality:
Senna, or Sen, is surprisingly quite amicable to most humans despite her violent temperament. Indeed, most would describe her as 'playfully curious' about them. It's gotten to the point where she has no sense of personal space and her hands tend to wander when she's near someone else.

She's rather compliant to orders given to her by her Slayer, and rarely does she act out. She realizes she was beaten and as such, she lets herself be commanded by Slayers - so long as they are strong. If her slayer proves weak, she will refuse to work with them, and if she had it her way she would beat them to a bloody pulp for trying to tell her what to do. She has a fondness for people who as she puts it, have 'deeply sinned' - such as criminals and murderers.

Despite her amicable nature, she doesn't like humans. They are weak creatures and deserve to be trampled and killed.
To her, the strong trample over the weak or command those who are smart enough to listen.
She also fights with an almost sadistic blood lust, and delights in bloodbaths.
She wouldn't admit it to anyone, but she actually likes having a human form.
History:
In the realm of Hell, she wasn't anyone important. Just A violent, despicable, creature with an almost insatiable blood lust. Some said she was nothing more than a mindless beast - a cursed set of armor that some spirit had possessed and twisted into an evil abomination. Whether this is true or not, she will not say. She will simply say, she was strong and it matters not.

It earned her an infamous reputation, even among the nobility of hell. Some, tried to recruit her for their armies. Others tried to kill her for fear of her getting to ambitious for her position. The former, were simply sent away. The latter...well, the latter usually had their head ending up displayed on a pike somewhere. Some, decided to join her, and together they raided hell and fought anyone she thought would give her a good fight.

Sometime later, she found herself on earth. Without realizing that earth worked entirely different than Hell did, she went on throwing her power about. Needless to say, she was sealed quite soon after, but not without gaining a taste for human blood.

Powers:
In sealed form, Senna excels in close range combat with her claws and the blades on her forearms. and moving rapidly. She can move faster than most humans, and can easily outmaneuver them with her superior reflexes, agility, and speed. She can also see in the dark quite well.

In demon Form, she gains the ranged ability to shoot 'quills' at people. These quills are coated in a dark, sticky substance. While not deadly - they induce an uncontrollable blood lust in any who is hit with enough of them. The effect can be overcome with a strong mind and willpower. These quills regenerate rapidly, and she can fire them almost as if they were a machine gun. In demon form, she can move almost completely silently.

Demon form:
The Cursed Armor
In demon form, her armor is repaired completely. Additionally, a single, long, armored tail grows, it has several spikes growing along it and ends in a bladed point. her entire face is covered in armor, with only the back of her head, and her long flowing black hair exposed and newly formed horns that curve outwards. The only parts of the face plate that reveal any expression, is a jagged grin and her fiery orange glowing eyes. Her feet turn into armored talons, and her hands turn into three, long deadly claws. Her armor is covered in small blades on almost every surface - these blades are actually her quills, which may be fired at targets.

Her claws are long, sharp, and can cut through almost anything - allowing her to cling to almost any surface if she needed too. It must also be noted she can not talk that well in this form. Aside from guttural grunts, roars or other forms like that, her words usually consist of short phrases. It seems as though talking is actually a bit painful for her in this form.

Weakness:
- Loud noises, to name one. For some reason, loud noises easily disorient her.
- Bright lights can stun her easily. She prefers darker, more dim atmospheres.
- Her armor in demon form, is actually her skin. Think of it as 'armored scales'.
- Any type of weapon that can pierce armor. She has a fairly weak constitution, the armor absorbs most damage done to her. Any hole in her armor emits a 'black miasma'. basically, it is her blood. There is no skin or internal organs inside of her armor. She still feels pain, and shoving a blade into where her heart would be, would instantly kill her. In fact, under that armor she can probably only take a few hits before she's down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hrm~

Well, there she is. I'm iffy on what exactly you were looking for in a 'demon', but I hope this is it.
Think of her as a...mix of a porcupine and a armored raptor. xP
The armor of which, contains an unholy shadow abomination xP

Also, apologies if I put more info into her bio/powers etc. sections than you wanted. I get carried away sometimes xP​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
@The Alchemist I actually enjoy reading long bio's. What I placed in the bio description was a minimum requirement. As for your C.S it was very entertaining to read. I'm a bit wary of the spikes covering her entire body, but I trust you won't go overboard and it seems you've balanced it out anyway. Soooo......Accepted.

@TarotLady Your C.S is perfect. I loved all the detail. Accepted!

I'll be creating a Character roster for you guys to place accepted characters when I have time.

@The Alchemist I actually enjoy reading long bio's. What I placed in the bio description was a minimum requirement. As for your C.S it was very entertaining to read. I'm a bit wary of the spikes covering her entire body, but I trust you won't go overboard and it seems you've balanced it out anyway. Soooo......Accepted.
Thank you~

And I did really mean porcupine-raptor. Most are on her back or the side of her arms. The chest/underbelly is where she's most vulnerable. Probably should have put that in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.