Tempest

Floofmami
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
SLAGS!
"Worthless sacks o' slime, the lot of ya. An' lookit me, jus' some ninny-sitter for ya snivellin' excuses for conscripts! Was one o' the Sov'reign's Generals, and now, I'm nuddin' but the Slag Sargeant.

Wot? Ya don't know me? Tcha! Wot do y'know, ya lot o' dunder-heade--HRMF-- Lookit here, Slags... I was Sov'reign's right-hand before they were the Sov'reign. Ohoho. Thems were the good ol' days. Smashin' for the sake of smashin'. Runnin' rampant through the streets til them Heroes o' Light would come whoopin' and hollerin' them fancy speeches at us. Yeahr, then we'd get away, cursin' thems mothers... But now, ha, Sov'reign melted their Chosen's face. How was he t' know that lunativ would jus' grin an' take it, eh?

That was a good 3 years ago or some such, I'm not the biggest for numbers an' figures. I'm all 'bout the smashin' and bashin'. Might be why ol' Sovvy decided he didn't have much use for his ol' pal, Xarg. Tcha. Got them other generals, workin' to subjugate them 'unruly' masses, an' to toe-the-line.

Don't get why... Bash a few skulls, people straighten up right fast, RRHAHA! Nah, they're all 'bout that 'subtle' nonsense. Ah, but here's ol' Xarg... In charge of you lot, an' doin' wot... Busy-work so you lot don't ruin nuddin' else.

I dun't really care. I just gotta make sure ya don't screw up too much an' I get all the grog I could ever want... So, hop to it! Ya dun't know wot to do? Read yerr blasted papers-- If'n ya can't read, find someone else wot can. It'll tell you everythin' ya rotten lot need to know to get the blazes out of my hair. If'n ya've got questions, find someone wot cares! SCAT!"

Welcome to the Dark Army, soldier. We thank you for your service. Though we know you had many choices of excrutiating end, you stuck it out and chose SOVEREIGN. You have been officially assigned to Reserves Squadron 'S,' codename Slags. While waiting to for your check-up, please fill out this form in order to complete our records and better help you in the future.

[As you turn the page, you see your name printed out, your race and your official record... There seems to be a self-assessment form. You get the feeling that the screening check-up isn't very thorough... Looking at the physicians, they seem to be passing people through with little regard, just checking that they match their picture identification in the portfolio... Quickly you fill out your form.]

Information Sheet
Name: Self-explanatory
Race: Generic fantasy races are pretty self-explantory, original races or lesser known, please provide a descriptor
Appearance: What do you look like? Text, picture or a combination of both.
Quirks: What are a few prominant mental, physical, social, emotional or other oddities?
Strengths: What do you think are a few of your strong areas? (at least 3, keep roughly even with weaknesses)
Weaknesses: What do you think are a few of your weak areas? (at least 3, keep roughly even with strengths)
General History: Where do you come from? How'd you get here. Doesn't have to be a novel.
Probationary Causation: Why does the Dark Army have reason to doubt you being an asset?
Other: Anything we forget that might be noteworthy?

Easy-Copy Form: [spoili]
Code:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Race[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]:
[b]Quirks[/b]:
[b]Strengths[/b]:
[b]Weaknesses[/b]:
[b]General History[/b]:
[b]Probationary Causation[/b]:
[b]Other[/b]:
[/spoili]

[As you finish scratching on the clipboard, a gruff looking orc in a skirt and blouse comes over and starts poking and prodding over you. You realize partway through their exam that their fingers really aren't that clean as they pry open your mouth and start counting. They shout back in their gutteral language to someone else... You catch in the return that someone else has 'dibs' on a few of your teeth if you don't make it. The physical passes by, taking your clipboard out of your hands, holding it up by your face before quickly tapping a slender stick against it three-times. A gold-filigree stamp appears at the corner, certifying your new position before it is shoved back into your chest and you are redirected along to the warrant officer to recieve your assignment... The officer doesn't look up from their expansive table filled with piles of paperwork as you approach. You're asked your name and squadron... Upon answering, they deftly pick through a pile and hand you a scroll. You realize you're dismissed as your presence is now ignored. Opening it up, you realize this is the details of your assignment:]

Mission
'S' Squad is hereby tasked with the peace-keeping of patroling and peace-keeping of of designated secure zone ZED, a.k.a. the Fort Whimsy and surrounding province, including establishments: Meadowcairn, Beaumonte, Glimmergrove, and Goodland. Standing orders are to promote integration with the Empire, oversee commerce and report any signs of insurrection. Repeat, you are to report and NOT engage with any rebel presence.

Present this note to the local quartermaster, they will assure you are well equipped for your work ahead.

[As you look up, you see this supposed quartermaster. You could swear he just handed someone a barrel lid as a shield. You have some of your own belongings, but you know you could probably use a few things. You just won't be getting anything fancy from them...

After you settle with the quartermaster, you're shuffled along and signed onto a caravan heading to the secure zone and set for your meet up with your new squad-mates at Fort Whimsy... The captain assigned to shuttling you begins to drone on about what he expects in his caravan.]

Rules
  1. Follow Iwaku's Site Policies and we'll all be just peachy.
  2. Reiterating Iwaku's Site Mechanics Policy: The GM's word is law. I have the final decision in all things of the RP from executing something in the IC to kicking a player from the RP.
  3. Follow basic RP etiquette, that is to say, do not: use meta-knowledge, godmode, puppet others' characters, auto-hit, hog the spotlight, etc.
  4. Don't be an arse. Don't carry qualms about the RP out and about. Just don't. If you have a problem with someone or something, please discuss it calmly and work out problems in a constructive way.
  5. Try to be legible in your posts, it is the best way we can assure understanding of what you mean.
  6. Try and keep up with the RP. I hope that everyone can post as least once a week, but I understand if that can become a problem.
  7. That said, if you are going to be gone for an extended time from the RP, CONTACT ME. It will help the RP continue along and allow you and I to work out what to do with your character during the absence.
  8. COMMUNICATE! This is a group activity. Your characters should interact! You should talk to me, I would enjoy hearing ideas from my players--This is a very loose roleplay where you have a chance to shape things with your own ideas, places, characters and events.
  9. Failure to comply with the rules can result in consequences up to and including being kicked from the RP or reported to staff.

SLAGS ROSTER

Active Duty:
U/A

Deceased:
None.

AWOL:
None.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Sounds awesome! *trots off to read*

I think I'mma have Nevin head off to Glimmergrove :D

Reactions: Snowball
!! You people gave me a heart attack with all the updates I had when I checked in! D: its only been 2 hours!

Reactions: Greenie
!! You people gave me a heart attack with all the updates I had when I checked in! D: its only been 2 hours!
Haha sorry about that ^_^'

• NAME: The Viscount Em

RACE: Time-displaced Human

APPEARANCE:
    A 6ft human male with a particular gimp in his right leg. Even in his hooded dark longcoat, it is painfully apparent Viscount Em lacks any noticeable muscle mass.

Is rigidly particular about wearing a beaked mask with goggles at all times, as he refuses to breath this putrid medieval air without a filter. A peculiar note is, if close enough, one can see his mask's goggles are asymmetrical: the right glass piece being completely black, whereas the opposite displays a beautifully violet hued iris.

The apparel Em originally wore through the Obsidian Gate has long since been ruined by the curious rough handling of others; though he has managed to maintain his gold-patterned, cyan waistcoat, albeit one full of stitches. Even so, the Viscount seems just as possessive over his new, more ragged dark coat, buckled boots, and near white gloves. Of course the most noticeable piece, aside from his bird-like mask, is the thick tome belt-strapped to his waist. Rigid, tan bindings with blood-red alchemy runes(?) over the tightly lock-strapped cover.

Though few have seen Em's face, it's less of a secret and more of a case of the Viscount being "shy/xenophobic." When in the company of exclusively humans, or when washing, one would find a surprisingly handsome face: narrow jawline and perky nose over just pale skin. His deep-set narrow left eye barely avoiding the thin scar etched below his eyelid. Whereas his right eye is obscured by a tri-strapped eyepatch. Em's long orange hair with braided extensions is usually tied back into a feathered tail which is exceptionally soft. As a whole, Em seems to excessively wash himself and his apparel to the point concern for many of his unbathed Dark Army colleagues.

[spoili]
    IvMmDDH.png
    [/spoili]​

QUIRKS:

• Sans Lingua Franca: Cannot speak this land's common tongue save for short words such as "yes", "no", or select phrases like: "I am foreign. Please no stab me!" Has been steadily learning how to read and write but the aural aspects remain troublesome, and as such he typically resorts to jumbled hand signs and charades.
    • Xenophobia: An intense fear and disgust of all beast and demi-human races. The Viscount seems utterly unfamiliar with commonplace species, type-casting the lot as uncivilized, man-eating dullards. Of course, having been conscripted into the Dark Army hasn't exactly encouraged thoughts of acceptance.

STRENGTHS:

• Void Tome: The elusive summoning book Ficta Mico, with scores of inscribed alchemy symbols. Each rune translates into a certain inanimate object that can be summoned via plunging one's hand within the page and pulling the respective item from within. Though a large portion of Ficta Mico's pages are empty; not to mention any living appendage to enter the book would be summarily eaten. Still, quite handy for summoning firewood, rope, or buckets of blood.
    • Scheming: Though handicapped by an infantile speech level, the Viscount is naturally conniving with no concern for morally dubious activities. He could very well be a pathological liar, something he might consider with pride.
    • Knowledge out of this World: A brain overflowing with images of technological marvels, advanced civilizations, and sophisticated culture in a manner he considers rudimentary. If only language barriers could be broached and a suitable engineer found, what marvels might the Dark Army create?
    • Parlor Alchemy: The spontaneous production of flame and light, through special ingredients. Sure to wow the down-trodden peasants, at any rate. Mostly an assortment of prestidigitation which, with deft use, could be excellent for trickery.

WEAKNESSES:

• Physically Weak: No matter how many disbelieve the Viscount's claims of nobility, he certainly possesses the body of a frail, meager aristocrat. Pitiful strength and stamina, alongside pathetic reflexes/perception along his right side.
    • Jerkass Woobie: Is far too full of himself for his own good, even without considering his xenophobia. His insufferable nature can often leave him the target of many a being's wrath, to which the Viscount will follow-up with cowardly breakdowns or sprinting for the exit. But in all honesty, he tends to land on the more laughable spectrum, which happens to be fortunate for his bones.
    • Cultural Ignorance: Is quite baffled by the simplest of matters in this land and possesses a complete lack of knowledge when it comes to world events.
    • Parlor Alchemy: Wherever the Viscount learned these "spells," he ought to get a refund for time wasted. His usage of volatile ingredients for flashy tricks is just as likely to barely amuse someone as they are to blow Em's hands off. Truly, the Viscount is the most pathetic alchemist this era has ever seen.

OTHER:

• Followed around by a red-eyed raven that seems to delight in upsetting the Viscount. Is possibly some form of demonic entity, if the repeated ineffectual gunblasts are any indicator.
    • Is particularly fond of his six-chambered handcannon, an inspired creation developed between Em and an eccentric Dark Army engineer called Murphy. Even so, the Viscount could do with some practice every now and then.
    • Charades galore!
    • Theme song?
  • GENERAL HISTORY:
    A towering, black monolith came into being smack dab in the middle of the Goldwater King's throne room. The obsidian frame cracked, showing itself to be a set of great stone doors. From within the pitch frame's shadowy maw, launched onto the royal carpeting was a human in foreign garb: ornately stitched waistcoat, fine-buttoned blouse, and an exorbitant frock coat bearing a garish symbol of some unknown land. On the king's return to his hall -- retreating through his castle in fear of the approaching Dark Army -- he found this stranger casually splayed across the royal throne and, assuming him to be one of Sovereign's assassins, fell to his knees and wept for mercy.

The stranger then babbled in an unknown, foreign tongue interspersed with finger jabs toward his own coat-emblazoned symbol and aggressive waving of an unreadable letter. None of this improved the king's emotional state. Once the forces of evil broke through to the throne room, they found the lord of Goldwater wetting himself before a bewildered yet self-satisfied foreigner. The ranks of vileness were quick to hurrah this unknown hero [insert: villain]; however, the stranger's arched brow and smug grin snapped into revolting horror at the sight of the welcoming goblins, gnolls, and other assorted creatures of hellish origin. His high-pitched cries couldn't be heard above the cheers as they carried him from the royal hall in their lifted arms, alongside the decapitated king's head.

Following the castle siege, it quickly became apparent the man whom had cornered the king was not in fact aligned with the Dark Army, or the Heroes of Light, or any known group from across the land. The foreigner's words were mostly indiscernible save for a few repeated words: "Royal Alchemist," "Britannia," and M-something. Of course, no one had understood what any of this meant, and the stranger was similarly dumbfounded by their words and maps. It was around the time he'd said "Viscount," a word others could actually understand, that the stranger was finally identified… as a blubbering lunatic with delusions of grandeur.

This alleged viscount -- coming to be known as "Em" for the beginning of an apparent name that no other could quite decipher -- was written off as a lucky waste of skin, even with his displays of meager alchemy and rune summoning. Desperate not to be caste into the ranks of beast races and demi-humans, Viscount Em was finally noticed upon forwarding sketches of improved war machines and advanced technology never before seen in this time. Thusly was he shipped off to the Dark Army's corp of engineers, now officially a certified minion of darkness.

PROBATIONARY CAUSATION:
    Turned out the Viscount was, yet again, a one-hit wonder. With zero if any worthwhile contributions towards the method of construction for Em's stenciled designs, and still acting the part of aurally illiterate, the higher-ups indifferently consigned him to the Slags. This was an army after all, and no one wanted to play the role of school teacher to a man who was, in all likelihood, a lunatic.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Tempest and Greenie
@Gat Threw in a Murphy reference, thought I'd let you know in case... you know. You don't want me to.

Say hi to M! Or, as is easier to make sense of in text, 'Em!' ( ˙꒳˙ )
Lemme know if I need to change anything.

Reactions: Gat
What a pretty jerk! <3 I feel Nevin will have fun with this. *insert troll face here*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
heh, reference is fine with me, I can imagine Murphy was rather intrigued with designs Em had that no one knew what to do with.. experimenting on trying to figure them out... hell maybe that's what he was doing when he blew up the workshop. :p

I'll need to finish up my backstory still... I've been dealing with the loss of a hand for most of the weekend so i was a little distracted from that.

I'll have Frosty intro up tomorrow after work. He is going to Glimmergrove just because of the name lol.

• Love
  • Love
Reactions: Justin
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie and Tempest
@Snowball works been a lot lately. Have a lot of hours because new job so trying to learn everything and hopefully get promoted soon XD, but I will get Frosty intro up by tomorrow after work, just a lot of hours.

@Gat Threw in a Murphy reference, thought I'd let you know in case... you know. You don't want me to.

Say hi to M! Or, as is easier to make sense of in text, 'Em!' ( ˙꒳˙ )
Lemme know if I need to change anything.
YASS!! CHARADES FOR EVERYONE!!

lol it's going to be interesting knowing that the other charadeer is a Beastperson. Such horrible things, aren't they?

Also, do we have a discord?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Dear Slags,

I plan to update the IC by about this time tomorrow.

There will be responses to those who have posted already, and more general updates in both areas. Possibly some 'world' information somewhere in there. I don't know. Haven't decided yet.

But for all intents and purposes... This post will be an official 'close-off' in time. If you have not leapt into any event, such as players interacting with a particular NPC, if you enter the scene, you will have either missed part of the interaction or have been a 'silent observer' during the event. This is for the sake of time-consistency and to keep people from disrupting the flow by arriving and trying to jump on something said at the start that will have been left behind in the chain of events.

That is all.

I'll post tonight/tomorrow/before east coast Monday happens.

Yaaaay.
GUUURL/GUUUUUY WHERE YOU AT!?!?!?!? East Coast Monday came and went!
Yes, I was waiting here the entire time!

Dear Slags,

I plan to update the IC by about this time tomorrow.

There will be responses to those who have posted already, and more general updates in both areas. Possibly some 'world' information somewhere in there. I don't know. Haven't decided yet.

But for all intents and purposes... This post will be an official 'close-off' in time. If you have not leapt into any event, such as players interacting with a particular NPC, if you enter the scene, you will have either missed part of the interaction or have been a 'silent observer' during the event. This is for the sake of time-consistency and to keep people from disrupting the flow by arriving and trying to jump on something said at the start that will have been left behind in the chain of events.

That is all.
I just wanted to apologize for no IC updates from me. I'm still interested in this, absolutely, but my power and internet has been out for several days (was just alerted to free streaming in my phone for our area so that I could send this).

But yeah. I mean, I can't really make any posts for the time being unless I type it all out on my phone, so.....
( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ

Anyways, right! Just assume Viscount Em is quietly, xenophobicically judging everyone in the corner.