(Signups still open!) Scarborough Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joliett had managed to settle Lord Nikolai. That meant, of course, that he was still standing around in the back grumbling while she sat at a stool behind the jewelry counter. She smiled to herself, holding a heart-shaped sapphire pendant with a long silver chain in one hand. Sapphires were, by far, her favorite. The feeling of the inside of them was soothing and vast, something that most people never understood. Her free hand was hovering over the pendant, softly glowing purple as she filled the gem with a mild Protection charm. The customer had wanted it as soon as possible, so she made sure to do this job first, before continuing on to the pile in front of her.

The bells above the door sounded and she tipped her head up as though looking to see who had entered. A customer. She smiled and was going to ask what she could help them with, but then the male asked for an amulet for soul storage. Not a popular request, but not unheard of. It was the rudeness that caught her off guard. He questioned their ability to make such a thing? This shop was the highest rated jeweler in the city. Where did he think he would go if she said no? The bells above the door had sounded again, but she kept her attention on the customer at hand for now.

"Of co-" she began, though she trailed off as the new person spoke. Allistair. She would recognize his voice anywhere. Surprised, she bowed her head slightly in both a gesture of respect and a will to keep herself unnoticed. He had not seen her in a very long time and likely did not remember her. It would not do to speak out of turn now, particularly since she felt as though she might blush any moment simply from knowing he was in the same room that she was in.

The arguing was none of her business. Instead of focusing on it, she tried to pay attention to her work instead, getting started on a second pendant. That did not last. When Samual insulted Allistair and demanded that the King leave, she could not handle it. She stood and rose a hand without thinking about it, casting a powerful Protection Shield charm that knocked Samual back out the shop door. It would not last, of course. If he stood up and came back in, she could do nothing to stop him. Hopefully he was not the sort to seek out revenge.

"Forgive me, your grace," she murmured quietly, sitting back on her stool quickly to get back to work.

[You guys really aren't big on posting order, are you? XD Whew..]

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Allistair King of Scarborough

Allistair was about to tell the boy off when he was sent out the door and Allistair couldn't help but smirk. He deserved that. He looked back and only then did he realize who he was talking to. He couldn't forget that lovely face anywhere. And Allistair had always had a bit of a crush on her, but he'd never see it working. As much as he loved her, his mother and father didn't allow them to speak of courting because she wasn't of noble blood. And he'd never courted anyone anyway. After their deaths he'd never had time.

"Joliett...." He said softly as he recognized her. He smiled. "How've you been? It's been ages." He said to her. It was then that he saw Samual come in and he corrected him. "I wasn't insulting your master you daft idiot....He's my master too. I know he's a great man. I was insulting your ability to take his lessons to heart because after training under him I know him better than to tolerate disrespect." He explained.

At that point Circa flew in and blew his cover so he sighed and simply dropped the hood. He looked at her more concerned than annoyed and spoke. "What is it Circa?" Upon hearing what was going on he frowned. Mercenaries? That didn't seem right. He looked back to Joliett and spoke. "I shall have to visit you at another time and catch up old friend, i'm afraid there's more pressing matters I need to attend to. Do stay inside and be careful." He said and with that he headed outside. "When was this discovered?" He asked as he started hurrying back for the castle.

@Everly @Lurolm @GreatWest

Harold the Head Archivist

Harold smiled as he heard him speak of joining him. The boy was often times his only company, and he enjoyed having him around immensely, so his presence wouldn't be detested but rather welcomed on his evening walk. Perhaps they could go sit in the gardens. Maybe even at the center of the hedge maze where Allistair had a large fountain at and let Makoto do his art. He rather enjoyed art but had no talent for it himself. His talent lay in literature.

Harold pushed his glasses up on his nose and took the drawing to look at it. His smile widened into a proud one as he looked upon the detail and how well done the art was that he was given. "Makoto this is beautiful...." He spoke to the boy, and without another seconds hesitation, he moved over to the frame stack he had beside his desk for various items around the castle that needed frames and pulled one out and began framing it.

"If you speak with King Allistair he might even allow you to draw or paint some pieces for the castle. You know how he likes to change scenery every now and again." He said to him as he got it framed then he hung it right beside his desk so that he could look at it when he wished to.

@FireDrake150

Caim yawned as he awoke, he had slept in a tree near within the castle gardens, and he peered up at the clear sky "Another clear day huh, guess I should get to finding something to do...maybe find a new book on strategies...no I have all of them in and around this kingdom." Caim put his hand through his middle length golden hair, his icy blue eyes seeing the nephilim flying off somewhere within the city. He stood up, his lean 6'2 muscular frame stretching up an his arms raised above his head "She seems to be in a hurry wonder what for." He takes his crimson shirt, pants, and jacket out of the bag he left floating in the air next to him, and looked around and down...nobles were already here inside the castle gardens, thankfully not looking up at him at least, he sighs and jumps into his room inside the castle near the tree. He puts on his clothes and leaps back out into the garden and from the tree onto the battlements looking over the town looking for everyone else, luckily his eyes weren't like a humans, he'd be able to see his friends and allies from here, honestly how could humans deal with not being able to see as far as this.

"Ah there they all are, our winged ally seems distraught over something maybe I could help with it." He says getting down from the battlements and walking briskly towards the gate that the two would come in, he walks past it and out into the town finding the two he walks beside Alistair "What's going on my King, you and our winged friend seem distraught." he asks, brushing his bangs out of his eyes and looking between the two, on the outside Caim seemed like a normal 23 year old, but in actuality he was a seasoned combatant and strategist, as well as being much older than he looked, having over half a century of searching for knowledge in his mind.

"Caim! Thank god! Just in time. Circa came and found me and informed me we have a problem. Mercenaries are headed straight for our city. An army of them. They just showed up! I have no idea why because I don't recall any enemies or ill doings between kingdoms recently." He explained hurriedly to his advisor. "And neither one of my generals are to be seen. This is ridiculous!" He said to him full of worry for his people.

As they turned the corner and headed into the gates of the castle, he couldn't really give any military orders without his generals. It was infuriating to him. They should've known about this long before any messenger should've. It was their jobs to be aware of this sort of situation. Were they not doing the proper patrols? Were the not keeping an eye on relationships with neighboring kingdoms, or were they not trying to keep up to date with the influx of people from other areas towards theirs?

"Caim what do you suggest? Unless my generals show up, you're going to have to help me make an executive decision on what to do here." He explained to him. He looked to Circa. "Where is Arkan'xon!?"

@JollyBrit @Doctor Hi @Lurolm @NewKingofDrangleic @GreatWest

Circa, The Messenger
Circa waited for the King to finish talking to the pretty lady before following him out of the store. She tried to keep pace with him, but the weight of her wings slowed her down. She was almost considering making the King float and just fly straight to the Castle but opted against it, she had a feeling Allistair wouldn't appreciate it that much.

"Early this morning, sir. I wasn't feeling so good and had a bad feeling, I headed out to look for you and the Archmage. That's when I saw them." Circa swallowed a lump in her throat as she remembered the scene from the mountains. Lost as she was in her thoughts, the Nephilim hadn't noticed the Advisor approaching, only when he talked did she acknowledge him. Since the King had already begun answering, the girl simply nodded her, quietly listening to Allistair's words. Right, the Generals. She hoped the servants had done their jobs rightfully, otherwise this would fall right on top of her.

Then the King suddenly turned towards her, demanding to know where the Archmage was.
"I don't know." Circa replied slightly annoyed, it wasn't her fault if she didn't know where the old man was. The feathers on her wings ruffled as they mirrored her annoyance. "He had said something about traps for the enemy but didn't specify. I believe he must be somewhere in the city, or the valley. You know how he is."

@Lurolm @Lewi @Doctor Hi @JollyBrit @NewKingofDrangleic

The young adult smiles upon seeing Harold frame it, not having thought too much of it. "If you think it will make a difference, Most of it actually depicts dragons in a more positive light then our stories do, though, if I am not mistaken, we're taught to avoid them, right?" His smile remains, thinking of what a little bit of art could do to alter the minds of people. Dragons. While they may not be all that common an occurance, what would the world become if people were to befriend such creatures instead of harm them and kill them for resources and food? "Thanks though. I didn't think you'd enjoy it as much as you seem to."

He chuckles a little, once again looking outside, it having been a while since he used his magic, due to the natural allergy to fire that books seem to possess. "It's getting warmer. I actually prefer that to the snow, though, since I am a tad a Pyro, I guess that makes sense." Another Chuckle, the day so far starting out well. "Aside from the stroll, is there anything you wish to do today?" He seems interested, not necessarily for injecting himself into the activity, but just as a youthful curiosity.

@Lewi

Arkan'xon The Archmage

He smiled to the Nephilim. He didn't respond since he was rushed for time, quickly moving out of the room. It seems the animal man must follow him since he couldn't let it drop. He had to notify his little cult. Set up a defensive perimeter. Make an army to distract the mercenaries. He had a plan for all of it. He closed his eyes and sent a mental broadcast. Minding not to bother anyone else.

"Attention! Attention! There is a great danger coming to the city! Form up at the northern gates. As for the reason, Samual will help us there. Samual my boy, it seems you've gone rogue and started a scourge. Without my permission or knowledge of course. I will be forced to kill you and you will rise as a lich. That is all."

He sighed, granting the boy undeath would be problematic, but he needed Samual's full attention. He will have to start a Scourge. An undead uprising. He'd point it to the mercenary army. Problem was creating a Scourge was very, very illegal. Punishment was death, in fact. Problem was you cannot kill what is already dead. Hence why he offered to lich Samual.

The boy would be giggling with ecstacy. It was his greatest wish, to have enough power to level a city. He wouldn't do it, Arkan'xon was sure of it, he just wanted to have control of his life. Now to form up in the front gates of the Kingdom.... He'd just teleport? No time to be flashy anyways. With a wide arc,reality warped once more, and he was in front of the city gates. Some of his followers were already there. Good. Time to set up one way magical traps. Samual wouldn't retreat. The dead fear nothing. They have no morale whatsoever. Arkan'xon took a moment to contemplate the magic he taught Sam. There are countless forms of magic. Countless more in variations. He decided to let Samual practice Chanting. A type of poetry/music thing that uses phrases of power. Samual was particularly good at improvising several

Samual the Apprentice

He completely ignored the jeweler, well until she blasted him with something he never expected from a jeweler. He was absolutely seething when he stomped towards the shop once more. His black blood almost literally boiled from the rampant magic. His anger ebbed away as he stomped closer and closer to her. She was blind. He can't hurt someone that can't even see it Coming! Damn his lingering moralities. He stepped forward and slammed his fist into the counter. He wouldn't hurt her, but might as well scare her a bit

"I.... I want that jewel as an amulet.... opal.... please. Oh and by the way. Your heart raced a bit when his holy highness came in. Here's a nice little bit of info" He smiled, leaning in a bit closer, grabbing her by the back of her neck to let him whisper in her ear "so did he."

He walked away, not giving a response until out of the sho-

Then the broadcast came in. Oh dear nine circles of magic! He didn't know if he should be happy or terrified. They were broaching the topic of lichdom very frequently the past few days. Maybe this just fell right into place? Fate was one pretty messed up women. Seriously .

Now to start a Scourge. Now that was going to be fun. He didn't quite know how to start one quite frankly. He could do what he always did. Which was quite honestly just spitting out rhymes. He didn't quite get how everything fell into place with chanting. He knew it built up the more it was done. A very satisfying feeling boiled up from his insides while he did his thing. Not even the Master knew as much about it as he did, relearning the art just to teach him. He needed to send a very angry mob of dead against an army of trained mercenaries. He realised he was the meat shield.

Very well then. He was Master's meat shield.

He walked along the roads at a slow, leasure pace. He could taste his own magic. He was going all out. Every drop of his magic and blood will go into the one chant. Might as well make it count.

**just so you know. The phrases in "( )" are the chorus of the dead**

"I want to tell you about Mordecai Bumpkin!
Mordecai Bumpkin and the man that hung him! "

He could feel the dead stir. They were listening to his call

"Mordecai was a sibling o' three!
born and bred in a town called Bree!
home of witches, whores and saints!
if it were a painting, it showed all the paints!

He was tried and tested for a crime o' murder!
Falsely hung over the river o' Burber!
it all started over a simple jest!
how could his soul possibly rest?

(No! How could I possibly rest?
I was hung because of a simple jest!
I did not kill the horse!
I never ever used that much force!

No! I did not rest? )

Samual turned to see Mordecai, he was more visible thanks to the necromancer's power. His sorrowful brown eyes glint ed with tears, his unkempt her fluttering in the wind. He had a nice, even scar all around his neck. A clear indication where he was hung specifically. More dead came in, attracted by his chants. They crowded around him, formed as ghosts, shades, zombies and more skeletons. Sentinel was among them, only one armed properly. He must continue his chant, time to reel in the masses

"Ages, ages and ages hence!
There stands souls Unaging!
forced to stay on reality's fence!
Their attempts to pass on failing!

Souls murdered, tortured and troubled!
They cannot find peace on their own!
they must rely on those unbothered!
to make them cease their roam!

How could they rest?!

(No! We could not rest!
we are the Damned, the Lost and the Old!
Destined to rise as it been foretold
by the witch of the bloodied crest!)

There were dozens upon dozens now. They were rallying to him like flies to honey. He needed the tormented dead. They were the easiest to bring back up to unlife

"Foretold by a girl named Sandra of Dree!
A witch and hag she was indeed!
A witch so foul, she'd even scare me!
Purely based on her soulless creed!

Cursed she was! And curse she did!
Curse the ones tormented like her!
Curse who butchered her, led by Rahmid!
Curse those too old to even care!

Could they rest?!

He could hear the insane cackling of that crazed, undead hag. Sandra honestly scared the living shit out of him. That's putting it mildly. She didn't have any magical abilities in her unlife, but her insanity and ferocity more than made up for it. Her bone chilling scream answered his question

"(No! I could not rest!)"

There were hundreds, possibly a thousand dead following him. People were screaming in terror. Considering how ramshackle all of them look like, it wasn't surprising. They armed themselves with whatever they could raid from anywhere. Same goes for armour. Some wore literal pot helmets, others used knives and forks. Most used sticks. Some were lucky enough to raid the blacksmiths before they barricaded themselves. The result of that was a pretty adequate front line. Maybe a few dozen or so could be considered an actual threat in single combat, but no more. The rest would have to attack in packs to take down a single foe. If anything he'd be stalling.

If it's Arkan'xon's will, then his apprentice will kill gods

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Joliett felt her heart flutter slightly when Allistair said her name. He remembered her? After all this time? She couldn't help but smile. That was unexpected. A King was not easily forgotten, but a girl you took lessons with? She had not been blind back then, of course, but the fact that she kept her head slightly bowed to him out of respect likely kept that from his notice. For now, she kept her mouth shut, listening to him scold Samual again. When his attention turned back to her, she gave him a smile and a nod.

"Yes, your grace. Thank you," she murmured, listening to the bells of the door as he left. She returned her attention to the pendant in her hands, starting to focus on the charm until a loud slam mere inches away made her jump with a yelp. Thoroughly startled and having thought she was alone, she dropped the pendant on the floor and tensed. Her smile was gone, replaced by an anxious frown as Samual demanded an amulet once again. She did her best to maintain a passive expression when he mentioned Allistair, but she had no way of knowing if she succeeded.

"The amulet will take a f-few days.." she began to stutter, trailing off to frightened silence as he grabbed her and whispered to her. She was unable to respond, staying perfectly quiet as the bells signaled his departure from the start.

"Joliett? Are you alright? I heard you yell," Lord Nikolai called from the back of the shop. He had no idea what was going on. She swallowed and shook her head a little, not daring to mention what had happened.

"Everything is fine, Lord Nikolai," she assured him, though it was mere moments later that she heard people starting to scream outside. Allistair had warned her to stay inside. What was going on? She slid off her stool carefully and trailed her fingers along the countertops to the door, slowly opening it just a few inches to listen better to what was going on.

Kaler kept running on all four as more and more people started to look at him. He did not know why they were looking at him. It is natural to run like this for him. It make him go fast then on his legs only. He saw a tree and climbed it as fast as he could. He looked and all the people shaking theirs head and then going back to what they were doing before hand. He kept to the tree and waited for there to be less people walking around. After a while of listening to the people talk and do the business, he climbed down and looked around.

He never saw this part of the town before and wonder if someone can help him. So, try to find some courage to asked someone, but he was to nervous and did not know if they would understand him if he talked. He walked all around and got enough now lost as he was starting to he scared. He climbed a building next to him to try to get his bearings. When he saw the gate to the far end of the town he smiled. He started to jump from building to building to get there faster, he lost his footing and fell to the ground.

When Kaler hit the ground, he crawled up in pain. He started there for a while to let the pain go away. When he felt like the it has left, he slowly stood up. He clinched his teeth as his right arm started to thrived in pain. He slowly walked to the main round and see where he was. Before he got to the main road, he stopped and set down against one of the buildings. A few seconds later, he passed out.

Caim tapped on the cover of the book in his hand, his finger thumping on the big well worn books hardcover as he thought about the possibilities. "We do have enough food, water, and supplies to hold out for about two years, unfortunately they picked the right time to attack, our fresh supplies from the farms are no doubt now within the enemies own larder so to speak. As for the generals and their whereabouts I haven't a clue, your majesty, I do believe we should start thinking up something right now at least. " The half elf begins, sighing as he taps a little more on the book.

"I would say they expect us to shore up and hold our defenses while we rain arrows down on them and they try to use siege weapons and ladders to break into the castle...I know it sounds daring...and risky as it'll take away from our main force, but we send a diversionary attack force...say about two thousand men at the least out of the main gate, while they engage the enemy we then use the tunnels from the castle to the outside, then we form three smaller raiding parties to harry their rearguard, force them to believe that they are surrounded somehow, and then the main army attacks from either side, effectively boxing them in and crashing against them like waves onto a capsizing ship." He looks at his King then at the Nephilim then towards the gates, loooking back at them "We should also evacuate all civilians to the keep just in case and keep a token force within, that way the most defensible position within the walls can be protected with our people inside, I would say put them within the lowest rooms and bar the doors leading to the stairways from their side, that way they are the ones who make the decision to leave...or if we are dead and/or gone our enemy now has slave labor right there in the castle..."

He now shakes his head in annoyance "Arrrgh, curse them, we weren't prepared for this now...but with what our forces are now and with what we have this is, I believe the only options we have, our backs are already in a corner. Other than maybe sending out pigeons, or whatever else can take messages to our neighboring allies...or any nobles within a days ride from us and maybe trying to keep them occupied with a siege...I highly doubt it would work however, they no doubt have trebuchets, or catapults...or both at this point and could be readying them this instant. If that is the case we should get the civilians to safety then start my plan of attack." He says finally...he figured he had talked a little to fast and repeated everything he just said slower this time so that his friends understood him...when he starts talking about strategy and war he tends to talk quicker and formulate plan after plan out loud so that others might be able to follow along...if they have a quick enough ear anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Allistair would definitely not be happy when he discovered that Arkan'xon was going to transform Samual into a lich. As if he wasn't enough of an insufferable brat already. He wouldn't be happy at all. Especially since he was the one who had made the order that the dark arts were to be limited. He didn't enjoy them, and he'd found they only brought about trouble. And he hadn't approved of Samual learning the dark arts but tolerated it due to Arkan'xon, but likely after this he'd think about banishing the boy despite the say of the mage. He would definitely be furious.

He spoke. "Well as soon as someone sees him I wish to hear a report from him. He has to report his findings in some time. And I want to know what they are." He informed the duo walking with him. He went inside the castle gates and to his war room where he looked at the map of his kingdom and the surrounding lands. "Show me where they're coming from." He asked.

He looked to Caim and spoke. "Caim, the generals aren't present at the moment so i'm going to need you to start drawing up a battle plan." He said to him then turned to Circa after she'd showed him where they were coming from. Once he'd gotten Caim's battle plan and he thought it over quickly he agreed. There was no time to lose, and there wasn't any time to wait on his generals. They were going to get it when he heard from them. "Circa, I need you to go to the barracks, tell my men to arm up. It looks like a siege is upon us. Take them this order, and then start to usher the citizens to the keep. Can you handle that?" He asked as he offered her a scroll with the orders Caim had spoken written out and signed by him.

@Lurolm @GreatWest @NewKingofDrangleic @Grothnor

Harold had been about to answer the boy when he heard a commotion run by and poked his head out to see the king headed for the war room with the royal messenger and his strategist. He frowned. Allistair didn't even use that room to do troop movements. It was specifically for a time of war. Something was amiss, and he was going to take the needed precautions as he'd been trained. "It looks like we will have to hold off on that."

He turned to his apprentice with a frown. "It looks like troubling times are upon us, I need you to help me." He said to him as he removed the key from his neck that unlocked the royal archive full of information on the kingdom. "We need to move these documents to the secret chamber in the keep that Allistair has ordered us to when time of war are upon us. That way even if they succeed in capturing us, they cannot get our information."

@FireDrake150

Makoto Nods, Sighing. "Moving ALL of this isn't going to be easy, nor quick. If we had additional hands it could go faster, unless you are only referring to a select few confidential documents and maps, in which case Haste would be recommended." He sighs, Reaching behind a bookshelf, taking out a sword that He had been allowed years ago for only times like this where he may have to defend himself. It was a Katana, of his home country, and well maintained. Strapping it to his side, under his cloak Which he also dawns, he stuffs a sketchbook and art supplies into his own satchel as well as some of the more important of the documents, starting with those of greater importance first, and moving down the line, trying to make sure that were they to get captured, mid-transit, The crucial documents wouldn't be within reach. Holding his hand out, he lets a fireball go, and it dissapears moments later. Makoto had also been practicing in his free time, with sticks and fire, so that, would he need to use any implements of combat He could even surprise others with a few tricks. The Only thing that had kept him from getting drafted into the army at some point, after all, would likely have been his position as an apprentice Archivist. "Assuming What I think is happening is, We will need to be prepared in case we cannot finish the transport before others with hostile intent arrive...I hope I'm Wrong and they're just going in there to dust it out." He smiles weakly, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

@Lewi

Circa, The Messenger
Circa listened to Caim's plan as they approached the War Room. It was a good plan, not the best one, but definitely the best shot at the moment. She was sure that if they had had more time the Advisor would have come up with a nearly flawless plan, but time was short, helplessly so. She considered flying to the nearest allied Kingdom, but by the time she went and came back it'd have been too late. Not all of them could fly like her.

Circa turned her head to the King as she heard him talking. A bit hesitantly, she picked up the scroll, eyeing it as she realized the amount of responsibility that was about to be mounted on her. And she would gladly accept it. Holding the scroll closer to her, the Nephilim raised her head to look at the King, her face framed in a determined frown.

"As you wish, my King." Circa replied before bowing. The scroll was safely tucked inside a purse she kept with her at all times, which was magically modified. Only her and the King could open it. If anyone else attempted to force it open, the bag, and the documents inside it, would self-destroy.

Without another world, the girl walked to the nearest window, pushing it open and jumping through it. Circa flew as fast as she could, with the barracks as her destiny. It was a matter of minutes before she landed on the ground, scaring a few soldiers who were training.

"Messenger? What are you do-" The man didn't have time to finish as a scroll was put into his face.
"It is of extreme importance that you follow every word of this scroll from the King. A dark age for our Kingdom is about to start, and many will die. But you all swore to fight, and die, for Scarborough. And that's what you'll do. Be brave." Circa opened a small, gentle smile, which enhanced her angelic features. Turning away, the Nephilim took off towards the city, leaving behind a bunch of soldiers preparing themselves for the doom. The half-angel created a telepathic channel between her and Allistair, which would be used for reports only. Sir, the soldiers have been successfully warned and the scroll delivered. I'm about to warn the citizens.

The Hybrid landed on the highest point of the Kingdom, watching the beautiful land and its people. Sighing deeply, she turned to the side from which the enemy approached, feeling her heart hurt as she realized how close they must be. Alright, no time for this. Focus. Circa firstly played the giant bell and sent a general warning to the people's mind, ordering them to rush to the keep and to not panic. Then she went to the ground to rush the people herself, tending those who might need help, and keeping the people from panicking. She went to the Jewelry Shop and opened the door, finding the pretty lady inside.

"You all must head to the castle's keep, it is a matter of utter urgency. I only ask you to not panic."

@Lewi @Everly @NewKingofDrangleic

Caim had figured his quick thinking had affected his speech, he sighs and smiles at his king "The plan I just outlined will have to do for now your majesty, time is too short to make a better one unfortunately, if I knew where the archmage and his pupil were I'd be able to come up with an even better one no doubt. Also adding to my previous idea, we should have any and all archers, and battlemages somewhere where they can rain down a few volleys of arrows and spells. That way we have covering fire until we can engage the enemy. For this to work, the archers and mages need to hit the enemy first, let our diversionary force swarm out of the main gate and engage the enemy outside our walls, then we'll take the tunnels with the main force and attack from both sides and the rear, I was saying that we should have small but skilled raiders harry the enemies rearguard while you lead the main force in a pincer attack on both sides of the enemy, this won't be a perfect plan, and most if not all of the diversionary force will die from holding the enemy at bay while we complete the second part of the plan. Then we also need a token force inside the keep to protect the civilians, who at this point should be barring themselves in rooms in the upper and lower floors so that they can either stay hidden until our victory...or become whatever these invading mercenaries want them to become if we lose." He shakes his head smiling a bit. He knew this plan wasn't one that his majesty wants to endorse, it would entail the deaths of nearly two thousand of his loyal soldiers within the diversionary force and many more due to the lack of intel they have on the enemy forces outside of the castle, but he was confident that this was a plan that would work, all they needed was the other members of the King's inner circle here with them, as well as those damned generals. "My Lord we should have some of the men look for the generals as well, we'll need their help with rallying the troops." The Advisor states plainly, the King was a man who could rally everyone in the kingdom to be sure...but the having the generals in the battle would mean that the king would not only be kept farther from the fighting, it also means that the troops had more experienced men to follow. The King was no doubt just as good as his father when it came to leading troops, but kings aren't always the best suited to warfare, the people trained all their life usually are, and these mercenaries would need to be facing the kingdoms best warriors...or we're all doomed. The adivsor was scared to be sure, but he was assuring himself and his king that they had a chance.

Kareth had decided that splitting his forces when crossing the mountains was the best decision. If the enemy discovered his plan, it would have been all to easy to trap his forces in a bottleneck in the mountain passes. His second in command, Revna the Reaver, was supposed to meet Kareth at this location, but he was running late. Kareth decided to wait one more day for him before advancing; he couldn't risk the element of surprise any more than he already was. Thousands of men were hard enough to hide, and some would undoubtedly discover them. However, Kareth hoped that by unleashing Borgmorl on the peasants, they would spread more tales of wild bandits through the countryside, enough to make tales of an army of mercenaries seem like an exaggeration. It was a veil, but veils were thin garments and easy to see through. He hoped that it would hide the truth until it was too late.

Unfortunately, it was already too late. A small horde of skeletons and undead were spotted heading towards the camp, and Kareth ordered ranks to be formed. Ragged lines were drawn and met the clacking, ossified attackers. The battle was brief, made briefer when Kareth's heavy cavalry smashed into their side. His casualties were light, but the message was clear. "They know we're here. Break camp, we can wait no longer," Kareth commanded. "We march for the Throne." Looks like we'll have to wait for Revna and his siege engineers. Just as well that we start the siege early; the sooner it begins, the sooner it ends.

Allistair was unsettled by the lack of his general, but Caim being there did help. He just wasn't sure yet that he wanted to take that kind of a risk just yet. He wanted the advice and leadership of his general which as more experienced than Caim so that they could work together and perhaps form a plan that worked better than the one he'd currently come up with. Not that he doubted Caim's ability. But he wanted to be extra sure when his subject's lives were on the line.

He spoke in response to him. "Before we go making rash decisions, let's find the general. I would feel better about matters if the both of you worked on this plan together." He explained to Caim. "That's your first order of business. We don't have much time to burn, but if we can't find him in half a chime meet back here." He explained to Caim. "Let's go looking."

About the time he'd finished that and had left to find his general himself, he heard Circa's information. He replied to her through thought. "Very good Circa. When you've finished escorting the citizens do try to help me find the general." He requested of her. "That will be all for now." He then started through the halls of the castle.

@NewKingofDrangleic @GreatWest

@Lurolm (Grothnor replied to you) @Everly (GreatWest replied to you too)

Harold was frazzled. Being the older man that he was, and a completely defenseless one at that, he was nervous. He may not have been as old as his body betrayed him to be, but his line of work had taken its toll on his body effectively ridding him of his eyesight without his glasses and rendering him a bad back. He was beginning to get to the age where a child would watch over a parent, that was, if he'd had any. The closest thing he had to a child in the first place was Makoto.

He took his own satchel and began to load it with important documents and tomes that had been locked away. His satchel was enchanted that if someone besides him or the king or Makoto were to open it the contents inside would burn to a crisp and render anything on its interior useless to the perpetrator. He was extremely nervous at the moment, and it was given away by the saddened, and hardened expression on the usual gentle, smiley man's face.

"Good boy Makoto. It's a good intention that we should go armed. I have no skill with a blade, but my satchel is enchanted that if someone besides me, you, or the king were to open it, its contents would burn."

@FireDrake150

Reactions: FireDrake150
Makoto nods a bit, remaining resolute and calm while loading his satchel, nodding. "Good. that in and of itself could work to our advantage. I can Use Fire magic with or without the blade, but using it allows it to be more controlled and in many ways improve the blades usefulness." He takes a deep breath, making sure his own satchel is loaded to its capacity, and he looks to Harold. "Stay calm, I'm sure everything will be fine, one way or another. Can I help you, or are we ready to go?"

(Everything alright, Lewi??)

A young man from the desert has finally reach his destination with his horse. He rushes with his horse while looking to the sky and saw a beautiful blue sky without the heat of the sun. It's very different from the desert, and the kingdom also has a nice breeze of wind. So this is the Scarborough said the man. The man was simply called by the name Edge. He wore a robe typically for desserter and a sunglasses to protect his eye from the sandstorm. Beyond the robe lies a black shirt. He also brought a bag that hold his precious weapon, the Tarot Card, and his whole costume. He again glancing to the sky to see a big castle of scarborough. I hope you there king, you need me by your side. He proceed to go to the castle.

In the castle gate, he told the gatekeeper to open up the gate and let him see the king. But the gatekeeper refuse to do so. How about if I storm inside the castle? The main gate is opened anyway thought Edge. Thus, Edge bravely storm inside the castle with his horse and triggering the alarm. He realized that Scarborough will be attacked by an army as he was just passing them by. Edge still moving as fast as he can while he could see many infantry are now blocking his path to go to the main gate. He stopped right before a bunch of Scarborough infantry who wanted to stop him. I am your friend! Let me through the castle!! But the infantry still not listen. They rally themselves and charged at edge who was still on his horse. Edge smile grinly. Fine. This should be fun. Edge took his Tarot Card and pick Magician Arcana. In the name of magic who heal people. I hereby ask you for your support! Freeze their foot! Magician Arcana!! And then the infantry foot were all frozen, thus immobilize them. Edge, happily, mounted his horse again. Stay here brother. You need to conserve your energy for a larger target rather than me. And relax, that piece of ice won't eat your foot. Said Edge as he proceed to inside of the castle

Arkan'xon The Archmage

What was this? Well this was certainly interesting. He was laying all sorts of magical traps when he felt a magic, an exotic one. One he hadn't felt in a long, long time. A tarot magic. His followers used elemental magic. Samual used necromancy. This was someone new. Which was either good or bad.

The Archmage was placing all sorts of magical traps when his Eyes activated. Mystical wards he learned to create from another world. To the mortal eye it was non existent, but the magical eye could see magical eyeballs on sticks. He wasn't even kidding it looked very trippy. He was midway in his line of elemental summoning traps. He figured that he layer traps every ten meters. Bombs of every sort in case they were immune to something. Every now and then he placed a summoning circle for an especially powerful elemental. His first one was a fire one. This was an earth one. He even had random minefields where it literally was explosion after explosion.

Did he just......

No..

No!

That cur! He tolerated his pressing into the gates until now! He froze an entire segment of infantry! What did he think he was? The Archmage? No this will not stand! He couldn't even if he wanted to. If word got out that such a display of magic went unpunished, he'd be a laughing stock. No. That brat would pay!

With one bone rattling clap he vanished from the outskirts of the cities. He wasn't in front of the perpetrator. Oh no that would not give him the effect he wanted. This idiot had stepped onto his city. Played around with troops that rely on his magical support. Did the guy expect nothing in return? He's getting another thing coming to him, alright!

Arkan'xon was on the level of a god in magical power. Hence why it was so easy for a cult to form. Also why it was so easy to pull the boy straight into a pocket dimension even from the distance the Archmage was. When they would be upstart arrived he grabbed him by his shirt and held him fast. He had surprising strength thanks to anger.

"In all my time on this realm, there are two very simple things that could throw me in such a frenzy that I don't even care for that accent I've been working on for so many dscades. People who attack the city I'm protecting and people who uses magic without my permission. You my friend have done both with relative ease. So think long and hard how you're going to respond to this, mortal. Tell me who you are and what you want before I tear your very soul apart and doom you to oblivion."

Samual the Apprentice

Wow.... that wasn't even... a dent! The least they could do is at least act like his meat shield did something! Seriously! Then again what could a mass of bone and rotting flesh do with knives and forks? He needed to get better weaponry, better dead.

He knew just where to go.

The city had a cave system close by. Ruins of some long dead empire was neatly tucked in. They were very studious in life magic ironically enough. They needed to be because it's the only way they had clean air down in the deeper parts of it. They built the entrance like a fortress. A perfect forward base for a Scourge. He could practically taste the death with his senses. A lot of great, strong warriors were born here. More importantly they died here. Now to work his magic.

He tried to utter a sentence when a headache ripped through his mind. Exhaustion hit him like a troll's club. He had used up too much of his magic.

He was fully spent. He got too carried away. In his magical crash he couldn't fight off a hare. Then again why would a hare attack him? He's next to a very spooky cave entrance to a dead kingdom. Any living animal that was lawful to the light would be long gone by now. The wall was still very intact. More importantly the stone sleeping quarters built within the gage allowing entrance to the caves.

Maybe he should rest.

He barely made it inside before he collapsed to the ground. Out like a light

Almost there!

Edge storming the castle alone, running like a wild wolf trying to catch it's prey. He saw enormous amount of troops inside the castle, but he always tried to avoid the battle, because he can't afford to kill innocent people. He turned right, left, right, left... but he couldn't get anywhere. In a castle this big how could he found the king easily? Again he relied on the power of the arcana.

I need your help my beautiful god! Fortuna Arcana!

He summoned Fortuna and asked her where is the way to the king palace. Fortuna pointed the way to the king. Although Edge himself knew that Fortuna doesn't always right, but there's nothing he can do right now. So he ran to the direction.

But halfway of the castle he sense someone presence. Someone so strong that watched every of his move.

Archmage isn't it...

he realized there was an Archmage presence get nearer. He tried to walk a little bit further and he got caught by the Archmage. The Archmage asked a question to him and he replied with

"Awwww come on... is everybody here don't want to hear what i'm gonna say?"

The Archmage look rather confused

"And you too archmage with scary looking face, there is an unknown number of troops outside of the kingdom right? So why don't you go to the tactical room and plan your strategy if you really are the protector of this city instead caring about me who don't really killed anyone. And that many infantries just outside the main gate? I already told the ice to not bite their frozen foot. I mean, I only froze their shoe . It's also better for them to stayed in that state so they can conserve more energy right? I'm a good guy and in your side mister. Promise you. I'm not really the type of an assassin or a betrayer. Trust me, there's more better thing than trying to capture me. I can read the future... but not always right though. And moreover I know about necromancer. I know about the Lich and there would be someone out there willing to destroy Scarborough. You could use me as one of your tactician or infantry"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.