(Signups still open!) Scarborough Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arkan'xon The Archmage

Of course! He acts like he was in charge and in full control! Child.

Worst was, he completely disregarded his threat and wasn't even scared. He couldn't even press the advantage and scare him because we'll

He was right. He had better things to do than dhow a child to be scared of him. The fact that he knew of the necromancer and the lich proved his magic was too unpredictable for his taste. He'd rather not know at all than know what was not true.

"Very well. Tell the king I am already setting traps."

With his words spiking, he teleported the child into the war room and himself back to trap placing

"Whoa! That was quite... tense.." said Edge after being warped "does he really enjoy warping like that? It makes me dizzy" complained Edge.

He looked around him, at the corner of the room he could see a bookshelve. And just in front of the door, there was a big table. On it there was a big map depicting the environtment around the Kingdom and books scattered around the map and table.

"They must have done the strategy in a hurry. Judging from the mess around here.."

While he was contemplating the surrounding war room. He could not see any infantry or even the king. Not even strategist or general was there.

"This prove that Archmage is not always right..." sighed Edge

He was just about to leave the room when he thought of something important. If he left the room then the infantry would come again and try to stop him from meeting with the King. So he decided to stay at the War Room and prepared an excuse so that he won't be accused as a criminal who tried to steal kingdom strategy

Davin was up and in full regalia already, he was training some recruits, walking the line barking orders and basically making the poor kids wet themselves at the sound of his voice. He smiled under his helm, these kids might actually become halfway decent in his eyes...meaning damn fine soldiers anywhere else outside of Scarborough. He paced back and forth watching and assisting with their for and training, sparring with a few of them to get the point across, at this point he figured they needed a break and had them take a load off. He decided he'd leave the rest of the instructing to the actual instructors now and started walking the castle when suddenly a soldier rushed at him and instructed him about everything going down at this instance and Davin nodded dismissed the soldier and started heading for the war room, he knew Caim and Alistair would no doubt be heading there, many moved out of the big man's way as he walked past, golden armor a splendor in the light, as he made his way inside he felt someone inside the war room already...someone he didn't know, he pulls out his blade and takes his shield off of his back and slams into the door rolling and pointing his blade in the face of Edge "State your business here or I will cut you down where you stand, how did you get here, and where have you come from? Are you an enemy spy, or assassin?" He was a terror of a sight to see, full armor and helm staring down onto Edge, his voice like that of a man trained in years of killing and command, icy and steady.

Caim was still walking with King Alistair as they made their way to into the castle "Of course my liege, I understand, Davin is much better with the ways of war then I am, but if he agrees with my plan the window for it is already closing, I fear it will close before we meet up with him." Caim's ears pick up the loud smash of Davin slamming through the war rooms doors and looks at Alistair "My liege we must make haste to the war room, I fear Davin could be in danger, someone else is in the war room with him." Caim aims to keep pace with his king and sets the book of his back into the small pack he carries for it, he then mumbles a few words and lightning dances from finger to finger and down towards his palm. The Advisor was the most gifted lightning elemental this side of the world, he would roast anyone and everyone in there if either his liege or his best friend were harmed.

"Man, it's been 1 hour and nobody even went here... Is this place supposed to be a War Room or chatting room?" Grumble Edge as he sat in a chair and ate strawberry sandwich (apparently, he liked strawberry sandwich). And then for an instance, a big man with a helm came to War Room holding a sword. He blatantly asked Edge if he was Assassin or spy..

".... Do you want Strawberry sandwich?..." said Edge

Edge Continued

"Man, chill out a little bit. I actually WANT to meet the king. This is the second time I said this. The first time was with an Archmage with scary looking face or a mask or head or whatever. He warped me here. He said that I could find the King here. And now I meet with you. Are you the king? Oh yeah Archmage sent a regard to the king, he said "I have planted the Traps succesfully". Relax man, do an assassin looked like someone who was enjoying his Strawberry Sandwich in a chair?" Explained Edge

Last edited:
Davin looked down at the smaller man and shook his head sheathing his blade... he was put off by the kid's wanton attitude and lack of proper manners. "I am no the King, my liege will be getting here anytime now though. I am Davin Harding General of his majesty's forces, and the most skilled warrior in these lands." He states and paces around Edge sitting in the chair. He was sizing him up, he took off his helm and placed it on the table. I smell magic on you and not just Arkan's magic...you have your own powers, I also smell that your carefree attitude is somewhat of a facade and somewhat just how you act, even though you stand in the presence of one such as myself, you are barely afraid, curious...with your magic it should be easy to discern what I am, the curse within my blood." He really had no words, the kid must either be very confident in his own abilities...or he was bluffing, something Davin really didn't want to test at this point. He had always erred on the side of cation when he met potential allies/enemies and he will do so again here. "First what is your name son. And what is your message to the king that is so urgent that you risked pissing off a literal god of magic...and survived the encounter to boot." Davin knew that wanton use of magic was strictly forbidden within Scarorough, the only ones allowed to use it were Caim, Arkan, his pupil and anyone else associated with the Royal family or registered with the mages guild. "And to answer your question an assassin would do anything to look like he or she belonged after being caught." The wise general smiled, a friendly smile, towards Edge and sat down in his usual chair.

(No gonna post for Caim until @Lewi is on and posts for Alistair and Caim busting through the door to see this scene lol oh and Val I can handle my characters reactions lol)

"They will come? Anyway do they like strawberry sandwich? I have some spare left anyway" said Edge

He walked toward Edge . But Edge sense no danger in this guy of course, because he knew that this guy have to conserve his own energy. So , he just need to answer that man question

"Well, actually you are right.."

The carefree atmosphere around them is somehow gone

" my magic is coming from my tarot card. And no, I'm not that strong yet to discern yourself. Yes, you are absolutely right. I have 2 personality. One which is carefree and 2nd is this"

He continued to hear the guy talks and question

"Simply called me Edge in my carefree atmosphere, but in this personality I usually wear a mask. And you should call me Obsidian. My goal is simple, to warn the king about the upcoming attack. I will be useful for you. And the danger that a necromancer or a Lich will give to this Kingdom"

After that, the man simply sat and said something about assassin . Obsidian however, answer it simple

"That's right! How about the sandwich? I know you want it! Look at this little slimy structure of strawberry.. Delicious you know!"

Obsidian once again reverted back to Edge
(Sorry, novice at roleplaying. Really sorry if you're offended)

Last edited:
Sitting under a rather large old oak tree on the outskirts of the Kingdom, the fea let her delicate hand caress the small rabbit she held in her lap. The poor thing, ill with age, she knew hadn't much time left. Rarely did she venture into the world of man, for men could be quite a cruel manipulative lot. She still held scars from lashes upon her back from the "love" of a man. Yet, exceptions had to be made. Her doe-like deep emerald eyes, scan the creature. "Would you like an apple old chap?" she asked in a gentle voice. Of course he would. She knew it would be his last. Yet the trees of the forest did not produce apples, nor grapes nor the cherries she once loved. As she glanced about, a small sigh escaped her full pink lips. Pulling her legs under herself, she stood, gently cradling the rabbit as if it was a newborn babe. Turning she placed him on a bed of green moss which filled the hollow of the oak. He would be safe there till she returned.

She made her way over to a small stream. Looking down to her own reflection, a frown formed as she saw her pointed ears peeking out from her long, wavy, tousled hair which tumbled over her breasts, and down to the small of her back. Her skin held opalescent hues of golds, greens and blues, which had the annoying habit of of leaving a trace of herself about, almost as the scales of a fish would do, when the sunlight would hit her just right. Once she was told by her grandmother, many years ago, that she was actually a mermaid lost, far from the sea and that was why she held such sheen for not even the other fea's had such beautiful skin. But that was a happier time, long ago, or perhaps only a dream held in the fea's own mind.

Her long delicate fingers picked small pieces of leaves and bark from from her hair. As she reached for the last item entangled, she again caught her own reflection. A small pink flower, no bigger than that of a lady bug caught her eye. Never believing herself beautiful, in that moment she dared believe she could be, even with the smudges of dirt upon her face. And she was.

Quickly she pulled the flower from her hair and let it drop into the stream. A beautiful thing out of place as it floated among the small diamonds the sun formed upon the water at, the mercy of the current and the dangerous things which lie beneath. Suddenly with a splash, the flower was gone,as a fish thinking it some delicious bug devoured it, disturbing her thoughts, bringing her back to the moment, and her dying friend. She blinked at the sudden disappearance of it, then frowned. "Ohh." she grabbed a stick upon the ground and smashed at the water with it. Yes, even one such as she held a temper, and much more.

She washed her face hastily, as she knew time was fleeting, grabbed her basket and
tousled her hair again so it covered her ears. She gathered her gown, that of a sheer green material, small pieces of mother of pearl adorning it, and skipped over the stream that just took her thoughts away. The gown must have been beautiful once, but now it had tattered edges and was as smudged with the woodlands' dirt, as much as the fea herself was.

As she neared the castle, her eyes took in all of the sites, both beautiful and frightening to her. Often when she watched from the seclusion of the trees the comings and goings of the palace. The mortal girls and their children. Couples walking hand in hand. Forever watching but never a part of it. Oh and the Prince. He was lovely in her eyes. She just knew he had to be the kindest, gentlest man there could ever be if ever such a creature existed, a gentle man. She would watch as the maiden's cheeks turned red when he passed or spoke to them. Yes, he was beautiful.

She put on her green cloak she had carried in the other hand, and pulled up it's hood as she made her way down the hill towards the market, following a wagon in. She could feel disapproving eyes upon her as her bare feet carried her through the cobbled streets, but what did that matter, her friend was dying and her own stomach growling. She would only be there a moment and they could whisper what they wished. For they had no idea how much courage it took the small slender woman to even venture to such a place. Courage none of them could ever possess.

As the girl stepped up to the produce stand, the rotund, balding man eyed her. She was pooor, probably couldn't pay for a thing. Loreli payed him no mind, she picked an apple for her friend, then she remembered the sweet taste of cherries. Picking a small bunch of those also, she popped one into her mouth, before placing her selections into her basket. It wasn't more then she needed well save the cherries, but what woman , didn't allow herself a small indulgence once in a while?

"That's two silver girl." the man gruffed at her. "Those cherries are imported for the prince himself." His eyes scanned the beauty even if she was a bit dirty. "You have got payment aye girl?" She smiles brightly, a touch of cherry stained her lips. Reaching deep into her pocket, then held up her hand to him. "My payment..."

The man looked into the palm of the girls hand. It held a few small colored stones, two beautiful shells and a golden piece of thread. "I KNEW IT! THEIF!" he chided as he grabbed her basket and the few items inside. "Guards! Grab her! It's inta the cells with your girl." Before she knew what was happening, the man was yelling at her and grabbing her basket from her, as if she were old hob himself. The hood fell from her hair, her eyes as wide as a deers caught in a hunter's torch. "Nay Please! I payed you!" "You payed me in rocks and shells girl, what are you daft?" "And about that one you already ate...." Now he was grabbing her by the arm. A crowd of people gathered as a few guards made their way to the disturbance.

Arkan'xon The Archmage

Oh what was it now?! Another magical being? What, is this one called Spear? Or maybe Dice? Yes Dice would be amusing. He'd call a god of Fortune to curse him. He was busy setting up the final trap as he managed to pick her up on his wards. A girl? He wasn't quite sure what she was, quite honestly. She could be a Fae, but she doesn't seem the type at all. She seems different yet that's the only explanation he could think of. What was she doing here?

Was she hungry? That could make sense. There wasn't much edible plants growing, and that would support his Fae theory, just barely. Still doesn't explain the fact why she was here. It's very common knowledge, to children at least, that Fae avoid civilised lands like the Plague. She must be very desperate.

Her choice in cherries made him grin. He loved sweet things, though his smile faded very quickly. Dammit she's using a savage currency. Why couldn't they just even think that there would be other currencies? It's like they want such things to happen to them. He's going to have to stop it it seems. He stretched his mind out to the kingdom to prepare for teleport....

What was this? That beast boy from before? The one on all fours? He might as well bring the boy along, teleporting him along with the Archmage right in front of that selfish merchant. He let his magical power free into the air to create a very powerful and resolve crushing aura

"You not be touching my people I be protecting, boy." He hissed, grabbing the hand holding the Fae's delicate arm and using magic to aid him as he squeezed nice and hard to make him let go. He tossed a few rubies to the counter as the guards came charging in, then walking away after seeing a voodoo witch doctor. They were all cowards, it was just a matter of what it took to make them realise it.

Seeing the boy knocked out he simply healed them as he looked at the Fae

"A city not be the best o' place for such a pure being. You not gonna leave until you be telling me who you are and why you're here. Same goes for beast boy over there"
He gave the boy a few taps to bring him to

The merchant's eyes widened as the crowds now backed, with the appearance of the others. Releasing the girls arm as the man squeezed, "She bloody stole from me, from the kingdom itself!" Anger coursing from his words. "What do you care of a girl like her?" It was not bravery that allowed the man to speak at this time, but greed.

Stepping back with fear, once again she caught the tatters of her gown and fell back onto her arse as she watched the being take up for her. She didn't quite know what he was but she felt power about him. She narrower her delicate brows and her cherry stained lips frowned, as the man turned his attentions to her and demanded to know what she was doing.

"I, I am nay a pure being!" she hoped he would believe. Then glaring at the merchant, "He wouldn't take my payment!"

As the rubies were tossed, they caught her eyes a moment as any shiny, beautiful object would do to a fea, but she tore her glance away, which to her was a task in itself. Sometimes she would lose all sense of time and place just watching the glittering of an object she found in the wood.

The merchant upon seeing the rubies, collected them as they were much more then the worth of the food itself.

She then scrambled across the ground reaching for her apple and the cherries, bringing them protectively to her chest as if they were a treasure themselves.

The merchant then looked to the man.."Take your ward back where she belongs. Or I'll see she gets to those cells."

Last edited by a moderator:
Arkan'xon The Archmage

Oh please. Was she trying to convince him that she wasn't a Fae? Some people can look at her and notice it. Regardless he didn't have time for it. He needed some time to figure things out with the animal boy. Speaking of which.

He engorged her completely and snapped his fingers at the boy, transporting him to his little cult temple thing. His followers would know he was sent by their master, so they would keep him company and his undoubtedly shellshocked form. Now back to the situation at hand

"Don't try to fool me, Fae. The only knowledge I know is true. You are undoubtedly a bring this cur can only hope to aspire to be. Oh and another thing."

He walked up to her and gently slapped her across the face. Not hard in any standard, just enough to shock her into listening what he had to say

"Did you not notice these creatures walking around with small metallic circles? That's their currency. They are civilised. Not the pure savagery you are used to. You undoubtedly have watched this place for some time. So I hold this misunderstanding as your fault in majority. "

He didn't beat around the bush when it came to punishments. Samual could testify for that with ease. Though Arkan'xon looked at hoe defensive she was of her food, poor girl she must be starving.

"Since it is clear you're very new to all this, Fae, I will extend an olive branch"
He looked to the merchant with murder in his eyes. Quite the terrifying sight indeed "you only need to state that you're under the care of Arkan'xon. Show him this if you have to"

He handed her a ring with arcane markings engraved upon it. Some of his followers wield it as well. Even an idiot could see its great value, it's fine craftsmanship. Best of all, he made it very, very shiny. An arcane glow held the entire thing in a valuable light

Whilst he ignored her for the moment, she managed to get to her feet. The crowd still watched, but stayed back a bit, whispering of the being and of the beauty being chided.

She watched as his fingers snapped and the boy vanished, wondering if he was an angel of sort.

As he again turned to her, she felt the sting of his slap across her face. A moment of shock set in, but it quickly vanished. He had no way of knowing what she endured before she had escaped, that was not but a lover's kiss to her flesh.

So he knew she was a fea. As he closed the distance between their beings, and began to chide her even more, she looked down. Letting his words sting her flesh for her small infraction of not knowing something this man deemed she should know.

She clutched the items closer and lifter her chin, looking into his eyes. "It is not my, currency and I'm glad of it!" She took a small step to him. "Look what those civilized small metal...l..itac trinkets.." having trouble with the word, "bring out in men!" I came here seeking food, yet I have been grabbed, chided and slapped! That's what yer coin and civilization brings forth! That's what starts wars, kills men, women and children!" Loreli glanced about at the people there.

The trinket about her own neck glowing an eerie green.

Who was he to assume she was under his care? She was finally free.

The merchant cowered back with the man's glance. Almost ready to offer the girl all of his food on the cart.

"You can keep yer olive branch! I'm sure it comes with a cost also!" But she was what she was and when he extended the shiny trinket, her eyes caught it's shine, just as a man's eyes in the crowd caught the item around the now proclaimed fea's neck.

Blinking a moment, she looks to the man then reaches out, struggling to hold her precious items in her hands. Her eyes cared not for the value nor the scratches upon the sides, only it's beauty and shine. She takes the ring into her fingers, then in a whisper, "Thank you." Even an awkward curtsy followed, as if the whole incident was forgotten. She placed it into her pocket with her other treasures, then glanced at the merchant. The foods he was to sell, withering before him.

The man in the crowd quickly steps up. He appeared mortal enough his hair was a black as a raven's wing, his eyes as black as pitch. Some of the women in the crowd whisper how handsome he is, though imposing. "Forgive me," he laces his arm about her neck. His fingers dancing at the chain about her neck. "She's ..touched, I'll see to it she is not a bother again." His dark eyes then look down into hers flashing a warning. "Come along my love.." He starts making their way through the crowd. In a whisper for only her, "Don't speak a word fea." The fools had no idea what they actually had in their mists. "Or that pretty prince you watch from afar will pay dearly.." Loreli almost gasped at those final words, but held her composure.

The girl managed a glance to the man whom just handed her the ring, before once again looking to the cobbles below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arkan'xon The Archmage

Well this escalated quickly. Of course he knew all this while she was yelling at him, but he looked surprised at her sudden outburst.

"You be giving a too grand name for Greed. Greed be existing whether it be metallic disks or or it be little bunnies. If it has value Greed will follow."

Then all the wares on his stand withered. Nice touch if he did say so himself. He'd have to bail her out. Blaming himself would be easier. Get the merchant three or so more bags of rubies that are quite honestly worthless. They're byproducts of his earth training, but the idiot didn't have to know that.

Then this new guy came. Arkan'xon didn't like him for one bit. His dislike grew worse when she followed him after claiming she was "touched." Bullshit. Utter bullshit. Time to flaunt his power. Maybe it was a bit too much?

Then she looked at him. Probable cause. He thought she was asking for help. At least that's what his defence going to be.

Two grotesque, arcane stone golem formed up in front of the pair, looking humanoid in rough shape. Their arms long thin blades. He was mad now.

"Excuse me, imbecile. I believe I was talking to that girl. Now I know that most of your nutrients went into your face and not your brain, so I'll make this simple."

The air thickened with magic as his eyes started to glow

"This girl is under my custody. I who protect the king from the gods themselves."

She cocked her head curiously when he mentioned little bunnies. Could he actually know she had came her for only a an apple for a dying rabbit? There was more to this man then his scolding.

As she started off with the man, the fear of once again being held captive filled her, holding her tongue. She hoped the man caught her look, which apparently he did.

As the Golem rose before them, the pair suddenly stopped. The man grinned a moment at the other's protection of of such an insignificant little thing as the waif whom steals cherries. Turning to face him, "From the gods themselves? What of the demons?" What could you possibly want with this troublemaker? I thought I was ridding you of the pains of such a creature?" His hand grips her necklace tighter, almost ready to rip it from said fair maids neck.

"Tell me what do you want for her?" "I can give you anything." His own eyes held now a hint of red. Lightning crashed across the skies.

Loreli slips her hand into her pocket and clutches the ring just given to her. Her neck tilted back as she waited once again for the chain to break and bind her to to another..."Arkan'xon" she whispers...

A demon! Never in his long long life was he every so insulted! Arkan'xon hated demons with a passion. The archivist has a record of a century or so ago when Arkan'xon purged the city and the entire countryside of demons after onext had tricked him in a dice game. It was not the reason for his hate, however, no that was long, long ago.....

He didn't have time to regret right now. He needed to act. The mood change didn't leave the magical aura untouched. It started to feel like pure killing intent. His breathing escalated as demon warding runes exploded into being all around them. The air was so rich with magic it made colour sharper. The cur didn't have any place to escape to. He didn't care about anything anymore, just killing the beast.

Let's see.... he was unnaturally handsome. That narrowed it down considerably. He was either a pride or a desire demon or whatever some other god had instead of them. Succubi, incubi, whatever the name was, he would taste oblivion.

He gave only one, bone chilling answer to the demon. His voice warped and altered by the sheer amount of magic that quickly turned into a very specific kind. The kind that only harms demons, not the ones afflicted by it, just them.

"Gods of demons, imp! I do not make deals with your kind! I send your kind to oblivion!"

He stretched out his hand, chanting in an arcane language long forgotten. Runes exploded on Loreli. The language stated "purify of demons" with the amount of magic he put in it, it would completely purge her of even a smell of sulphur. Next he put the runes on the demon that stated "Reality to Void" Those words, with this level of magic, would wipe him out of existence itself. There would be nothing of him, as if he didn't even exist. All his work, all his actions on the magical plain would simply cease to exist.

He really hated demons

Loreli could feel the air thick about her. Yet as the demon held tight to her chain, she held tight to her treasures. The apple would reach its destination if it was the last thing she did. A fea's promise perhaps, but whatever it was, she stood strong against the pending doom.

The demon knowing feeling the power,whispered, "There will come one whom shall overcome and you will be bound to forever." the grin still upon his lips. His eye did not leave the fea's savior for a moment. Lightning shot down from the air, smashing each Golumn, to dust just before the One spoke the words....

People scurried for cover as the skies angered, and as the ruins touched him, a blast of bright hues flared, blinding all, and Loreli was thrown forward.

As the man was reduced to ash, and it slowly settled to the grounds, people began peeking from their covers..

The waif lay at "Arkan'xon's feet, the apple still clutched to her chest.

Arkan'xon The Archmage

He laughed. Not the kind, hearty kind. Neither the childish, mischievous one he seldom showed. He laughed cruelly and evilly. This was his dark side. The side no soul would ever wish on an enemy.

"Ashes to Ashes
dust to dust.
all that remains are gods."

He sneered, waving his hand to scatter the ashes across the four corners of the world. That imp had no power over the likes of him. Now to deal with the Fae. Guards will undoubtedly come running. People will know of this. He really hoped the king would trust him after this.

"Get up, Fae. You are free"

Loreli's eyes opened slowly, focusing upon him. Her necklace still in tact on her chain. Slowly, the dust covered fea stood before him, should she thank him for helping her, for letting her stay free or should she speak her apologies for bringing this upon him.

He was a God, she knew now, not an angel she would never be once she passed into the void. The Gods saw fit to that the day the fea were left earthbound, not good enough to have a soul, not good enough to get into their 'Heaven' nor evil enough to go to their 'Hell.' She despised their judgment. But this one...

She dusted herself off a bit and again looked up to him. "I'm sorry I brought this upon you, I only wanted an apple" ..she whispered the end part more to herself. You helped me, when you did not have to. She tippy toes and gently kisses his cheek, a bit of the illuminance of her skin leaving it's trace upon his cheek." "If ever you have a need of me, just speak my name and I shall be there." Her eyes linger a bit before she glances away.

What she had to offer a God she hadn't' a clue, for she had nothing in this world, no family, no coin, only herself and her powers which pale to that of a God. But for some reason she was brought into this man's life or he into her's.

"You knew." She states. "You knew about my friend." Speaking of the rabbit in the woods. "Didn't you?" Her eyes pure, sincere, filled with an innocence he would probably never encounter again.

Oh look at that. She was sorry! For what? He killed a demon, he was very happy right now. Hell He didn't just kill it he elimated it from existence. What else could be happy about? It was another one he made pay. Oblivion was for worse than death, than tortured life. Everything that demon had worked for was now naught. He felt absolutely giddy.

"It be fine. I be very used to doing very, very much for very, very little. Or so others would think."

He let the powers he had held go, he was how he used to be. An Archmage with no possible hint of being a god. He hated people who spat it put like gospel. He was where he was because he enjoyed playing such a close part in mortal life. He sealed most of his power so nobody could sense him. Yet divine presence cannot be hidden so easily. A cult sprang up, and situations like these didn't make him any closer to making them believe they were worshipping a man. He was going to have to ask her to to stay quiet about all this.

He found it very amusing, considering he was a god that didn't want to be worshipped. He almost chuckled about it when she kissed his cheek.

Well that was unexpected.

It didn't help much that he blushed. It was a very surprising gesture. Sure He could have women throwing themselves at him for a chance to bed a god. He didn't pay them much mind because he didn't want someone like that, someone who loved him because of his status.

He was rubbing his cheek, barely registering her offer of help when her question came. He honestly didn't know what she was talking about, but this wasn't the first time.

"I not be knowing what you be talking about. I do know that I be knowing things I not supposed to be knowing Without knowing I be knowing. It just happens. Run along, and give your friend this. He might need it"

Need he did. He gave her a potion of healing, a very potent one at that. The type very few would find on sale for anything they could afford.

"Go. I be making ready for a big thing coming. Do me a favour and don't tell people I be someone beyond mortal. I be very happy with people thinking I'm not such a being. And remember about the magic disks. Now off with you!"

Stepping back from him, she once again stepped upon the hem of her gown, but she caught herself this time before she fell back. Her knees were already scrapped up and bleeding from clammering about the cobblestones after her wares.

Her eyes caught the reaction from her kiss, she wasn't the type to just hand them out, if given it was from serenity or love, not the false kiss of a temptress.

As he spoke a smile passed her lips, she seemed to understand him perfectly. She raises a brow at his request and glanced about to the people still in the market then back to him. She fluffed her now ash covered hair once again hiding her ears. "If ye do nay speak it ta others I am a fea." Thinking the secret fleeting as so many witnessed the whole thing.

Then as he once again handed her a gift, a gift for that of her friend, a gentleness filled her eyes. She took the small vial into her hand, and to confound him once more she offered, "The rabbit will be grateful." Then in a small whisper, I shall be too." She watched the man for a long moment as she bit her lower lip. No one had ever helped her just because. It confused the girl even more, if that could be possible. Placing it into her pocket along with the apple and cherries she had been holding onto for life.

Backing a step more, she again popped one of the cherries into her mouth and smiled for him. Then as he told her to run off, she turned to the merchant, still shaking on the ground behind his wagon, "Try ta get metallic disks fer yer apples now." She smirked at the man, then as she began heading back , she glanced over her shoulder once again at the man.

Her pace quickened as she neared the hill, then she broke into a run as she headed up it back to her friend. Suddenly she stopped as she saw the tree she stands behind to watch the Prince. "Ohh, the Prince!" She turned to look back at the Kingdom. He was going to hear of what happened in the market this day. That wasn't the dream she had of him encountering her, causing a huge commotion in his kingdom as she took painful steps to remain hidden.

Then another thought flowed through her mind..the demon's words, not a thought of herself but of the Prince.. that demon threatened him to a God, something was not right in the land at all, something very dark was on it's way. Yet if That God had stopped to help a fea, he surely will help the Prince. As would she is she ever needed to. Why she would even help that God iffen he needed it too. And with that thought she turned once again and dashed through the forest.

Slowing her steps as she came closer to the tree, "Rabbit? I have brought you something, and even a God granted us a wish." She crouched down beside the hollow of the log, reaching in. She gently took the old lad into her arms. tears filled her eyes as she watched the poor thing taking it's last gasps of air. "Nay" she tried to order him back to life. Then hastily she opened the gift and poured it into the creature's mouth. After a few moments his eyes again opened and he nibbled at her gown. "ohh" she let out a small moan, which would be heard by the hunters in the wood that someday would recant the tale of hearing a fairy crying in the woods.

Quickly she broke off pieces of the apple and fed it to him. Her tears turned to joy as she completed her task, with a bit of help. "Thank you", she once again whispered. She brought her lips to the rabbits head, then placed it down upon the grass. The rabbit looked to her for a moment and with a twitch of his nose, was gone into the high grass.

The determination of the insignificant fea almost insurmountable, against many odds. What could she possibly do if the stakes were far greater than that of an old rabbit.

Once again Loreli rested her head against the the oak tree, her lips still stained cherry and slumber in her eyes...

Kaler woke up a few hours and grabbed his right arm in pain. He walked out to the main road and looked around. He could not find the gate from the ground and with his arm feeling like this, he could not climb. He started to head back into the town with out knowing it.

As he looked around wondering were he was going. He saw the tree that he climbed earlier. He walked to he and set down next to it. He watched the people doing there normal thing. He wondered how to get out of this town now.

Status
Not open for further replies.