(Signups still open!) Scarborough Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has awoken early, pain coursing through her till she found the creature giving it off. His choice of wood, her choice as well. "Let me help ye."

Harold the Head Archivist

Harold looked over to Makoto as he spoke. He seemed so calm and at ease. He wasn't sure if it was that the boy understood the situation and he knew keeping a level head was good, if he was that confident in his own ability, or if he simply didn't understand the severity of what was going on. He worried about the dear boy. He wanted him to be safe. Harold felt that he was nothing but an old man. He was disposable. Makoto had many years left ahead of him.

"We're ready now." He explained to him and he left out of the archive locking the doors to the archive behind him. He would stop by on the way to the secret chamber in the keep and tell Allistair that they were transferring the important documents. He would be happy to know they'd taken matters into their own hands. Or at least he figured he would be.

He led him down the hall and poked his head in to see Davin. He spoke to him instead. "If you're in here I assume Allistair isn't far behind, please inform him that we're moving documents to the safe room in the keep." He said ignoring the boy then he left with Makoto.

@FireDrake150

Allistair King of Scarborough

Allistair looked to Caim as he had also heard the bang. And when Caim confirmed that it was Davin, he knew it was unlike him to just barge into the war room. Or any room in the castle for that matter. He became worried they'd been invaded. Surely to god with all the defenses that they had up already and his entire army they hadn't invaded the castle that easily?

HE thought back to Circa immediately. "Never mind on searching for Davin, we found him!" He thought to her hurriedly. He hoped that he hadn't caused too much confusion for her. The last thing he needed right now was a confused array of troops and messengers.

He drew his sword as they rushed to the war room ready to behead whoever was on the other side of the door and had half a mind to behead Davin for being so late on the matter. When they burst through the door he growled. "STATE YOUR BUSINESS!" He demanded in no mood for any tom foolery. When Allistair was this angry, he honestly appeared quite frightening.

@NewKingofDrangleic @Valhite @GreatWest

Edge talked with Davin about many things. The tale of scarborough fair, Tale of the kings, even about the strawberry sandwich. They was talking when an unknown man bursted the door. Pointing his sword at Edge.

He saw frightening mood on that man, so he decided not to turn into Edge.

"Calm down. I was brought here by your own ArchMage" said Obsidian

"The name's Obsidian. But you should call me Edge when my mood become childish. I'm here to become your knight and your foreteller" continued him

"There will be a greater war for you to handle. Not this, but the war against a woman. I do not know yet who is this woman but also you must watch out. There will be a necromancer and a lich. That is still vague but I could see your winning in this battle.... if you do it right of course" said Obsidian as he stood

"The choice is yours, King Allistair" @Lewi

Last edited:
Kaler got up and just stared to wonder around the town. He hope that he will find the exit or someone that will talk to he, so they can help him find the way out. He started to miss the woods near by and started to miss his home. He did not like this place and he did not know why he wanted to find anyone like him. He just wanted to get out and go to sleep in peace.

The Town was to noise to sleep right now. To many people were one the streets. He looked at the people and did not care what they thought of him. He get need to find a way out and find some herbs to help with the pain in his arm. After a while he stop and rested a bit.

Leone Valcrosse

An intense heat was boiling out from the smithy's workshop as he bustled about the flame-lit room. Swords being sharpened, heating the forge, crafting new weapons... In times of war, the hardworking blacksmith sometimes wished he had an apprentice. Then he'd remember how much he truly hated working with others and just continue to bustle about.

His attention focused for a short amount of time as he began to pound out a sword of great quality for a soldier off to fight for the great kingdom of Scarsborough. Sometimes he entertained the thought of going off to war himself, though he knew he had enough blood staining his own fine blade. His tail lashed once, as if brushing away the thought.

He let the blade cool as he swiftly began sharpening other swords. His gaze flicked to where he kept a usually fine selection of leathers for making handles, only to find a few decent straps left. With a grumble of distaste in the daemonic tongue, he selected a strap of leather and began to replace the well-worn handle on another sword.

"Expect me to prepare over four thousand men for war when you don't even give me the supplies needed to do it!"

Words of frustration billowed out from the forge and drifted down the halls. He'd requested more leather weeks ago, yet he was down to damned scraps. With a low growl he returned to the sword he was crafting, heating it and hammering it once more, before dipping it into a barrel of cool water and watching as steam filled the air. He blew out a long sigh, attempting to keep a grip on the rather foul temper that had ignited within him.

He went to go put a handle on the sword before he went to sharpen it, only to find the less than desirable scraps of leather remaining. A growl of frustration sounded deep within the daemon.

He was in an awful mood today.

Makoto Watches him divulge their intents and actions to those that could pass the word on, and he nods, Walking with Harold, ready to transport more documents. "I suppose you may be wondering why I am not panicking. It's simply that remaining focused on the task at hand is the best way to get it completed successfully. We can fight if we have to, but until and unless that becomes necessary, we should focus on moving the documents." He glances around the castle, figuring how fortunate he is to live in such a place now, with magical ability, and growing knowledge with every day. "After all, as I frequently say, Shikata ga nai. (Translation: It cannot be helped) So why worry about it?"

Looking around again, Makoto remains prepared for conflict, should any arize, with a hand on the hilt of his Katana, using his thumb to push the guard up, exposing about an inch or two of the blade, which starts to turn red and emit flames with contact with the air. removing his thumb, he lets the blade slide back in, and holds it closed with the same thumb. if the Katana was good for anything as a weapon, it would be its rigidity, its flexability, its razor sharpness, the beauty of craftsmanship, as well as the perfect curvature to draw and strike at the same time, an advantage that would give anyone skilled in kendo an edge in combat. Makoto, however, can use the Katana for al of these and as a conduit for flames as well, rendering him someone you don't want to trifle with, if his behaviour in the current Situation is anything to go by.

Ivy had always been an early waker, most of the time waking up before most other people, she ran her fingers through her black wavy hair and stretched out. She tossed her legs over the side of her bed and stuck her pale feet into the combat boots that stood upright on the floor. Ivy leaned on her window edge pulling the wooden window open and taking a breath of the cold morning air. She walked over to her chest that held her belongings and took a basic outfit. Ivy had never really understood fashion and she didn't think she ever would. As she rushed around what she called her room she grabbed a velvet cloak, one of the only nice things she had and a plain hairbrush. She ran the hairbrush through her hair, she favoured her hair the most out of every feature about her. Her final touch was a small pin next to her collar that she wore everyday for memory reasons. She looked at herself in the mirror before pulling on the rusty door handle, along the hall and finally out the door. Ivy never really talked much and she kept her thoughts to herself. She decided where she would take her adventures today as she lept onto the back of her horse.

Ivy had been awake for many hours now. Since she was a peasant no one really paid any attention to where she went. At the moment she had been riding her silky black horse bareback around the woods. Ivy realised she was deep in the woods, whipping her head around she was relived to see no one around. No highway men, no other peasants. No one. She continued riding down the woods and eventually stopped when she came across a deep river.

"I've never even seen any signs of water in this forest."

She sighed readjusting her cloak. Ivy laid on the back of her dainty horse staring at the bright morning sky. She was suddenly snapped out of her daze when a reddish leaf fell onto her face. Brushing it out of the way she sat up and turned her horse around. Ivy struck her horse into canter and was soon galloping on the familiar village cobbles. She arrived back at her humble cottage and jumped down of her stead. After tying him up she open the gate to her garden and stepped out onto the village paths once again.

"Dear, can you just get me an apple pie please?"

Ivy stopped harshly when she heard her mother call.

"Yes mother, of course."

Ivy spoke putting the small amount of money in her pocket. She wondered who she would see this time going into the kingdom. Maybe a guard for the king or maybe just a little child playing in the streets. Ivy looked down quickly noticing her bootlace wasn't tied. She reached down and tied it before continuing running into the small gathering of shops.​
anime5-7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Davin bolted upright out of the chair and got in-between Edge and King Alistair and Caim "It's alright you two, he's harmless...at least to us, and has important information for us apaprently." Davin says then bows to his King, "My liege an honor as always, and sir Caim good to see you old friend. And yes before we start I know about the army outside the walls, I suggest we wait them out, I doubt they would have enough supplies...or the will to hold out for a siege if they are mercenaries, a ragtag group of captains no doubt controls them and they are liable to fail within a year or so." The General advised caution it was what he did, he and Caim were always night and day when it came to their thoughts on battles and strategy.

Caim shook his head smiling and sheathing his blade and looking at Davin "Your some piece of work my friend, you expect me to believe someone who gives us two names, speaks oddly, and somehow got here supposedly at the hand of the archmage just happens to not be a threat...that's asking a lot from me." The half-elf says sighing and harmlessly releasing the built up electrical charge into the jewel that sat at the end of his blade. "I'm normally not one to err on the side of caution your majesty but I suggest...yes we listen to the man with split personalities, and then we decide what to do with Obsidian Edge here." Caim was convinced to not just fry the boy outright with electricity and instead waited to hear what this new magic user had to say about the coming danger.

@Lewi @Valhite (sorry it took awhile I kind of explained what happened in the OOC)

Harold the Head Archivist

Harold was as calm as he could get in a situation like the current one. He didn't just fear that the king's information would be lost, he feared for his life, and more importantly Makoto's. He was the equivalent of a son to him, and he didn't want to see any form of harm come to him. Even if it meant sacrificing himself because of what was going on. He was much older. And as bad as he hated to admit it, he was expendable. If he died there was no great loss there. He'd reached his prime or so he felt he had, and he was inevitably on his downfall in life. Not that that meant it wasn't a happy time. Downfall simply meant that his body had aged past its peak.

Looking to Makoto as they walked and he listened to him speak he offered a weak, nervous smile. "I hope it doesn't come to that. I am not sure what we're up against, but I can assure you it's nothing to be taken lightly if they've gathered in the war room." He reminded his young apprentice. "I must admit, I wish I could remain as calm as you."

@FireDrake150

Allistair King of Scarborough

Allistair blinked as Davin as the kid spoke to him. He looked between the two. How long had Davin been in here with this kid? He sheathed his sword as well as he stared on at Edge/Obsidian. He wasn't sure what to make of him. When had Arkan'xon sent someone here? And more importantly why hadn't he informed him? He could've gotten this boy killed doing that. Especially during a time like this. He should've known that just sending him into the castle without a care was a sure fire way to get him killed....The kid was lucky.

Allistair was about to speak up and ask who he was when he explained himself and Davin also vouched for him. He opened his mouth to talk, but a look of realization hit his face. "Wait...a necromancer turning into a lich?" He asked before his face lit up with anger. "Arkan'xon wouldn't have. He knows my distaste for it too much. The dark arts are strictly limited, he knows that." He seemed to already be hating the idea of that little brat Samual becoming a lich. And it's not because of jealousy or because of fear, but rather he didn't like the idea of the kid having so much power. And he feared it might go to his head and cause him to do something stupid.

He looked to Davin. "Has Arkan'xon consulted with you? Did he mention anything on the matter? He knows before he does anything that serious he's to ask you about it." He said. "If I get my hands on him and find out he's turned Samual into a lich! I'll! I'll!-" He cut himself off. He was so scattered he couldn't think of a good threat. "Get into contact with Arkan'xon, I want to know what's going on out there."

@Lurolm @NewKingofDrangleic @Valhite

When King Allistair wanted to contact the Archmage, Edge quickly jumped in to the conversation

"King, I believe we have much more important things to do" said Edge pointing to the battlefield map, indicating that they are still in the middle of preparation for battle

"That Archmage, who was it? Arkanchun? Anyway, that scary man told me to deliver a message to you. He said that the trap is finished" Edge said while he was staring at the battlefield map.

"This matter of lich can be postponed,but the safety of your kingdom cannot be postponed sir. And as we talk now I believe the enemy is already on the move" He continued

"Calm your mind, we must focus things in our hand first before we focus on that Lich things"

@Lewi

Last edited:
• Leone Valcrosse •

With a growl of frustration Leone stormed out of the forge with murder in his eyes. He'd attempted to do all that he can without his much needed supply of leather, but things were beginning to pile up and he was unable to work in a cluttered space. No, he was not going to kill anyone, he was just going to have a heart to heart with whoever was responsible for withholding his leather.

He saw the head archivist and his apprentice bustling through the halls, and knew that it would be best to wait until they had finished their chief responsibilities before he approached. They had to move papers of importance in times of war. What good was a paper when the kingdom had already fallen? The blacksmith shook that dark thought from his head and instead pressed onwards.

"Excuse me, perhaps you two know where the king might be?"

His temper remained masked as he spoke gruffly to the pair of bookkeepers or what have you. Though his voice hid his anger, his eyes did not. The deep blue-grey depths seemed to be lit with the flames that were barely contained inside his body.

@Lewi, @FireDrake150

Last edited:
Circa, The Messenger
"Never mind on searching for Davin, we found him!"

Circa paused mid air upon receiving Allistair's message. She sighed internally in relief, comforted by the fact that now they had the General to plan things out. She looked around the Kingdom, frowning as she felt the Chaos approaching. Now, what to do? All of the civillians had been warned, along with the soldiers, now that part fell on Davin's shoulder. The Hybrid searched through the city, her eyes landing on the castle. Well, she might as well go check if everything's alright with the Blacksmith.

"Very well, my King. I'm heading to the Blacksmith's hall at the moment. The last thing we want is running out of weapons during battle." Circa grimaced at that thought, knowing that it could very well become true. Well, let's make sure it does not. The Half-Angel flew high, not wanting to bump into anyone. And that's when she saw them. Samuel's army of Undeads. The girl had to land on a random house, her wings failing to obey her as her mind tried to recover from the shock. "Sir." She whispered and though at the same time, her mind trying to maintain the connection between her and the King. "It's Samual... He... There's an army, sir." A pause. "An army of Undead." She finally finished.

The sound of screams broke her trance, making her remember what exactly she had to do. Giving her back to the army she flew away, not really knowing what happened to it and Samual. Circa landed heavily in front of the entrance to the castle, heading toward the Blacksmith's hall.

"Blacksmith!" She called, trying to uselessly hide the tremor in her voice. The Hybrid tried to shrank her wings away from any present fire, the last thing she wanted was burnt wings. After a few minutes of walking she came to the conclusion that the Daemon wasn't where he was supposed to be. Fuming, she left the hall and headed to the War Room, suddenly hearing a familiar voice. By following it, she finally found him. Leone Valcrosse.

"He's in the War Room, Blacksmith. Doing what a King must do in times like this." Circa said from the other side of the hall, walking towards the man as a deep frown fitted on her face. "I wonder, why aren't you doing what a Blacksmith must do?"

@Lewi @AshenAngel

• Leone Valcrosse •

Hearing a condescending voice behind him, Leone broke from his controlled conversation and whirled around to face the speaker. His tail bristled as his temper took a surge for the worse. His eyes scanned over the angel, identifying her as the royal messenger.

"I would be able to work if the request for leather I made nearly two weeks ago ever got filled. I'm out of it, and now we're going to war and I can't do my job due to others' failures."

His words were scornful and bitter, packed with a near fatal dose of his frustration. With that said, he began to walk back to his forge at a brisk pace.

"Get me my leather, messenger. Then I can do my job."

He called over his shoulder as he disappeared back into his realm of fire and metal.

He swiftly began work once more, pulling heated ore from the forge, pouring it into a mold, and pounding at it until it took the shape of a broadsword. He swiftly went to sharpen the growing pile of blades, uttering enchantments in the daemonic tongue to strengthen the blade. He repeated the process several times until he was caught up.

He uttered a spell that would begin to polish the finished weapons and move them over to the pickup display. He hadn't the time to do it himself. Instead he began work on armor and shields, swapping out the molds. Of course the shields would remain incomplete, along with the rest of the swords that were piled near his leather station, until he received his needed supplies.

@GreatWest

~Adara~
Adara had reached the kingdom by the time the word of the evacuation had spread. As she walked though the streets, Adara let her hood down, exposing her bright Amber eyes as she walked among the people. She had chosen to wear a garment that was lighter in color, and though was still a darker color, it showed no signs of royalty or special treatment. Walking briskly, she set herself in with the crowd, bringing out a basket of fruit that was covered with a cloth. She had a pink rose in her hair, and another in her small bag, for extra effect.

She searched the crowds for the King, but he wouldn't be that easy to find. She knew he was her only choice if she wanted to be able to take this kingdom by storm. After she had escaped from hell, she had to prove to her father that she could conquer anything, she could save the human world from humans itself, and give her kind a new power in this kind of place. Smiling to herself, she sniffed a pink rose lightly, her amber eyes flashing once as she went to find the king.

Circa, The Messenger
Circa watched Leone go, something akin to regret bothering her mind. With all honesty, she had no idea that was the reason the blacksmith was so pissed. She had to learn not to go jumping into conclusions.

With a sigh, the Hybrid turned around and walked to the storage room, halting only at the entrance to nod at the guards, who nodded back.

"Messenger." They acknowledged, making way for the Niphilim, who whispered a word of gratitude and entered the room. It was huge, with all kind of materials and alloys in there. A treasure, this room. Circa quickly went to leather area, looking for those with quality. It wasn't exactly easy as she didn't know the difference between one and another, for all she knew they were only leather. But the Blacksmith didn't think like that, so she'd have to be careful.

Finally, a leather was chosen and it was floating beside the Hybrid as she quickly went to the Blacksmith' hall. She knocked on the door and entered, once again careful with anything too hot near her wings.

"Valcrosse!" She called, trying to be louder than the machines and forges. "I brought your leather! Valcrosse!"

@AshenAngel

• Leone Valcrosse •

Protection charms were always a bit tricky for Leone, as he practiced offensive magic rather than defensive magic. That was why when he heard Circa's call, he didn't respond until the charm was complete. He moved the shield onto the pile of items needing leather.

"Back here."

His deep voice rang out towards the back of the large room, easily heard over the clanging of metal and burning fire. He was used to talking over seemingly chaotic conditions, and obviously the messenger was not. That fact brought the faintest of smirks to the daemon's face, now that he was able to keep up production. He began to work on some chain-mail, a more time consuming task, abeit easy once a pattern was set. He waited for her to get back to him before he spoke again, using his long black feline tail to gesture.

"Alright, see that barrel of water there? Dip it in that and set it on that table next to it. It makes it easier to get a clean cut."

@GreatWest

Last edited:
Circa, The Messenger
Circa turned to follow the deep voice coming from the middle of the machines, frowning at the noise é chaotic ambient. She made the leather hover a little higher, so that nothing would come to happen to it. After a few turns around the maze that the place was, Circa finally found the daemon. And before she could say anything, he beat it at her, giving the Hybrid instructions.

"Sure." The girl murmured with a roll of her eyes, bringing the leather lower and dipping it in the barrel of water, soon setting it on the table next to it. She turned towards Leone once again, watching him work on whatever he was working on.

"I have no idea how you're able to work in a place like this." She said loudly, frowning at the clanging of the metal. Indeed, she had no idea. Circa would have gone crazy on the first day. But then, she wasn't really a creature too fond of chaos, it gave her headaches.

@AshenAngel

Status
Not open for further replies.