Shower Thoughts...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
A serious one:
Why are we searching for the Cure for Cancer, when we haven't even cured the Disease that has infected the most people on Earth: The Common Cold.

"Why do people thing the cold is more pressing then cancer."
Because if we can cure the cold or flu, then we will be closer t curing cancer.

Both are currently incurable diseases. The Spanish Flu, which we have Vaccines for, killed Millions in the early 1900's, but we do nt have a cure.

We have Antibiotics for funguses and Bacteria. But Nothing for viruses and Mutations. If we can cure a virus, we could be closer to curing cancer.

@Hellis was blowing what I said out of proportion. I do not think the Cold is more pressing than Cancer. Cancer is way more important, but cure a virus, you could cure a Mutation.

Just a thought.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Both are currently incurable diseases. The Spanish Flu, which we have Vaccines for, killed Millions in the early 1900's, but we do nt have a cure.

We have Antibiotics for funguses and Bacteria. But Nothing for viruses and Mutations. If we can cure a virus, we could be closer to curing cancer.

@Hellis was blowing what I said out of proportion. I do not think the Cold is more pressing than Cancer. Cancer is way more important, but cure a virus, you could cure a Mutation.

Just a thought.
Oh, fair enough.

I really don't understand the science behind diseases for the most part though.

I'm confused, are these thoughts that we have while taking a shower? If so, there is only one thing on my mind, "Damn I sound good singing in the shower. I don't mean to be a Diva, but damn, I am a DIVA!"

Just a thought.

*scratches head* A virus... is not at all similar... to cancer. >> I fail to see how a cure for one would help us cure the other.

Also, we may not have "cures" for viruses, but we do have vaccines, which are... basically the same thing, in terms of practical usage. The only real problem with vaccines is that viruses can mutate and adapt so that the old vaccines aren't effective anymore, which is why we keep making new ones (like the fact that there's a new flu vaccine every year -- which may-or-may-not be effective because the people making the vaccines can't always predict which strains of the flu virus will be most prominent).

If this mutation thing is the connection you're trying to make between viruses and cancer, I really don't think it's a valid comparison, since, yes, I suppose we would be able to "cure" viruses if we could stop them from mutating, but uh... preventing mutations in an entire population of an organism (which probably isn't even possible) is a bit different from preventing mutations in the cells of a single human.

...I'm off topic now, aren't I?

Uhhh... *thinks of a shower thought to add*

The uterus was the first 3D printer.

Yeah, that works.

Reactions: Brovo
What if my colors are different than yours. What if my blue is blue, but your blue is actually my yellow, but we both call it blue. No one would ever know if we saw in different colors and called them all the same, no one would think it would be a weird color, because they all call it and view it as that color, but as a different color.

Dear lord, that to me doesn't make any sense written down. But in my head I can't get it out and now I wanna somehow watch out of someone's eyes to see their colors, but know my colors still. Fucking stop it brain.

What if my colors are different than yours. What if my blue is blue, but your blue is actually my yellow, but we both call it blue. No one would ever know if we saw in different colors and called them all the same, no one would think it would be a weird color, because they all call it and view it as that color, but as a different color.

Dear lord, that to me doesn't make any sense written down. But in my head I can't get it out and now I wanna somehow watch out of someone's eyes to see their colors, but know my colors still. Fucking stop it brain.

Oh, no I get what you're saying. You're not the only one who's ever had that thought, you know. I wonder the same thing sometimes.

Apparently it's sort of a common thing to think about. And definitely an interesting notion. XD

Reactions: Nameless
What if the people around me can read my mind, and I'm the only one that can't?

How would you insulate a futuristic bionic arm in the shower? Would it be easier to just take it off? And if so, how do you wash with only one hand?

I need to change my starship design to allow for two different kinds of spacial distortion. Dammit! And I wrote half the book already!

A gummy bear/gummy worm rodeo would be delicious.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Am i the only one who suddenly becomes a Math Genius in the shower?

Am i the only one who suddenly becomes a Math Genius in the shower?

That happens to me in bed at night. When I end up calculating how many hours do I have left to sleep when I stay up late. Also, any math work that I have suddenly becomes childs play. So weird.

Here's another shower thought ladies and gents:

"I wonder what kind of creatures are in the deep ocean that we haven't discovered?"

"There is someone out there right now thinking the same thing as I am. Including this thought"

I'm making it rain indoors....

If Jimmy cracks corn and nobody cares, then why does he keep doing it?

More importantly, was the dress white and gold, or blue and black? :3

More importantly, was the dress white and gold, or blue and black? :3

tumblr_mi2pz08QLM1qakr6vo1_500.gif

I actually tend to imagine my sponges talk.
Surprisingly meanful conversations have been had.

Oh and I guess I imagine myself as a magical girl...Its fun. I've thought up attacks and everything. Hell, scenes play out in my mind. and it gets epic. Sponge sidekicks and a bunch of sparkles. SO MANY SPARKLES

Time killed every living thing that has ever died.

Status
Not open for further replies.