Shopping

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
I have a love-hate relationship with shopping

I love it when I find something awesome that works for me and I can afford.

I hate how seldom that happens and I hate trying to find something like that under pressure or a time crunch.

What do you most love shopping for? What do you hate shopping for?

I love shopping when I have coupons, like to Bath and Body Works. I have them already set up on my phone so when it comes time to use them at the checkout I'm all set.

I hate finding something cool, the price looks great, and I get to the checkout only to find out it was in the wrong spot and that the oh so good price is actually heinous (x_x)

Reactions: Minibit
I hate shopping so much.

Unless I'm going out to get food (I get way too excited about groceries in that cliche' mother-like way, but also I just love food), or gifts for someone. During those times, I enjoy it.

I like shopping when I can go in, get what I need, and go (that is, unless I'm buying suits because Papi loves his suits).

I HATE standing around and waiting for hours for someone when shopping. At least most department stores are getting the hint and providing seats nowadays, but Jesus Christ.

I hated shopping back when I had no money and I had to squeeze out enough bucks to maaaybe buy one thing that I needed out of necessity and it was on sale and wasn't quite awesome. D:

Now I am able to save up for "shopping days" and I actually get to enjoy taking my time in a store and picking out things I love. O___O I can shop the clearance and sales racks and browse multiple stores and be happy about all the booty I got.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Ugh, shopping. The only kind of prolonged shopping I like is online browsing. When going into an actual store, if the total shopping time (not counting waiting in line to pay) takes more than 30 minutes I get annoyed with the nonsense. I have no interest in wandering around a damned store for an hour looking at everything, I wanna get in there, get what I came for, and leave. Going to the mall with other people is absolutely torturous.

I probably drive some people insane, but I'm fully happy with a shopping trip in which I have no intention to buy anything. The only real way to ruin my shopping experience is to be directly unpleasant to me.

I like shopping in general just because it's an excuse to get outdoors; I don't get very many of those these days.

Shopping for comics, games and anything to prove I'm a supernerd? Sure.

Clothes/Food Shopping? Nuh-uh.

Cheap but sexy stationary? DAISO HERE I COME

I actually quite like shopping online on amazon. It's easier than finding things in the store sometimes.

But I like shopping for clothes, video games, fandom related stuff, anime related stuff, and etc. :)

I love online shopping, because usually it's fun stuff I don't need, but want, and I don't have to be an awkward presence in person.

Stuff I enjoy shopping for in person are things like firearms or knives, where actually being able to handle them can make or break a deal and show potential shortcomings pictures online might miss.

I actually like grocery shopping. Having a full fridge makes me pretty happy.

I don't mind clothes shopping, but that's usually for work clothes, aka shit I don't mind getting obliterated by sodium hypochloride.

I like browsing fun stores at the mall, I love book stores. If it caters to my interests, I love digging around for little goldmines. For that reason, big draw for me at conventions is the show floor.

The only time I actively dislike shopping is when you're poking around with someone who absolutely has to try on everything in the store or go through a dozen kinds of hygiene products before deciding on one they like. I think that largely has to do with the fact I am a boring man who simply grabs what he likes every time and considers sub-ten minute shopping times a win.

I mainly only buy books and art (and the art is from one person..I love my Liger artist). I would enjoy shopping more if I had more money. 2k might put a good dent in the list of books I want.
Other than that I like browsing the custom pet sales on Aywas. I spend way too much on a site for virtual pets.
A good chunk of money goes to my animals though.
*gets a check from the vet* :confetti: *gets a bill from the vet* :banghead:

I try to make my visits to the mall scarce, because I know I will go overboard and that
my wallet will be flooding the establishment with its tears. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.