Shattered Darkness and Lost Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made an anti-hero. Hope you don't mind. Not a villain, they're still on the good guys side, they're just on that side for all the wrong reasons :D

Name- Fear
Picture(preferred)-

Red+full+moon+girl+femal+anime+blue+eyes+brown+hair+choker+clouds+dress+kuromugiru+long+hair+moon+original+ribbons+scythe+thigh+highs+twintails+HD+Wallpaper+Backgrounds+Image+Photo+Picture.jpg

Bio(looks, personality, etc.)-
Fear, true to her name, is what one may call a sadist. She revels in the suffering of others, but not so much in the physical aspect of suffering as the mental one. She's happiest when forcing people to accept themselves as vastly inferior to herself, bathing in the glory. Despite this, she is also quite intelligent and incredibly wise. She has, after all, been around since the evolution of complex brains, as far back as the first herbivorous fish fearing the first carnivorous fish. She did however, then take the form of a carnivorous fish and had about the same intelligence. Though she is the pinnacle of this "darkness", and one of the strongest forms it can take, she also knows that without prey, she would cease to exist in this world - something she wishes to retain. She is rather fond of this world, because the dream world is horribly dreary and you can never really remember what happened in it once you wake up. Thus, she made her objective the slaughter of her own kin so as to maintain sentient life on this world. Specifically, she aims to slaughter just enough that they're still very scary, but can be managed easily enough.

She is not limited to the forms shown in the picture, and can in fact take the form of anything the sentient mind can generate. She chose this combination as a mix of objects with frightening connotations and personal preference.

Race- Nightmare
Magic Type?(y/n)- Yes
If yes, type?- Embodiment of Fear

As a Nightmare, Fear is literally a manifestation of negative emotion, specifically the emotion of fright. Her power is directly proportional to how much fear is being emitted by sentient creatures all across the world - the more fear, the stronger she is, and the more of herself she can manifest. Her physical body is actually the staff of her weapon, so in times of peace when there is little to be scared of, she is nothing more than a pole of metal which cannot be destroyed or altered in any way, despite uncountable attempts by various blacksmiths. Thanks to the current invasion of darkness, fear is nearing an all time peak, so she can manifest great quantities of herself in the physical world. To put it in proportion, the amount displayed in the picture (and the amount she usually uses) only accounts for about 10% of her full strength. Due to the lack of actual sentient beings, if the entire world were at full fright levels, she would still only be able to manifest around 20% of herself. At the moment, her limit is 15%. She manifests the unused 5% as various projectile attacks and great claws made of a shadowy material similar to the staff's blades.

Additionally, her human form is only a stack of energy, and as such she can make the staff and blade move straight through it, performing impossibly articulate feats that far outrank even the most skilled non-magical warriors, who are limited by the fact they can't move their weapon through themselves. This also means she cannot take damage - instead, "damaging" her forces energy back to the non-physical dream world where the rest of her resides. If she takes enough damage, her manifestation will fail completely and she will return to being an invincible stick until she regains the strength to manifest again, usually being able to regain around 5% of total per day.

Her manifestation of Fear acts as a poison. If she damages an enemy, they will not take physical damage but will instead find themselves overcome by a bone-chilling sensation of dread and morale loss. If she deals enough damage, the target will die of shock as the body tries to produce enough adrenaline and ultimately causes a heart attack.
Weapon(s) of choice(pictured preferred)- See character picture. The blades are made of energy, and appear only in battle. Normally, it is just an awesome walking stick.
Backstory(optional)- I might put something here, I might not. Probably leaning more toward the second given that everything I was going to put here I covered in the Bio and Magic sections.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Name- Maxine Crowe
Picture(preferred)-
anime_girl_redhead_smile_sweet_flower_10739_640x960.jpg

Bio(looks, personality, etc.)- Maxine's looks changed a lot as she got closer to mastering the abilities she discovered. Her hair went from its once platinum blonde to a red color and she finally managed to tan. Her eyes remained a light green, but her face did soften a bit, so she looks more like a child than before without her angular features. She has an average height and relies a lot more on speed and accuracy than brute force or magic of any time.
Maxine still manages to be quite awkward in crowds, with an obvious mistrust towards those she doesn't know. She's shy but proud as well and will argue and go against whatever she believes wrong. She's overprotective and enjoys, for some reason, carrying messages. She does her best to stay out of towns and in more overgrown areas.
Race- Spirit of the Wild (Basically just a manifestation of an elemental, like a dryad but not bound to a tree. If that doesn't work then I can change it.)
Magic Type?(y/n)- Yep!
If yes, type?-Kinda obvious, life/plant/wild magic, whatever you want to call it.
Weapon(s) of choice(pictured preferred)-
haloenergysword1.jpg

Backstory(optional)- Maxine was born a few months after Aerias had been exiled and abandoned as a small child when her village was overcame with monsters. A pack of wolves discovered her and took her in for reasons she wouldn't know for a long time. She lived with them under the name Malakai for thirteen years of her life, given her name because of the fact that she could run messages during times of strife, when howling could be dangerous (by attracting monsters or rival packs) and not get caught. Soon the wolves sent her out to try and stop the source of darkness that was harming the world itself, and she came to work as a servant girl underneath some wealthy lady while she was taught everything she needed to know about being human. At the age of 19, she left, feeling she had learnt everything, and disappeared back into the wild for a few more years, discovering her powers and undergoing changes to her appearance during that time. Her weapon, once a dagger, even changed into the sword it is today, which is often found at her side in an simple leather sheathe. When she turned 24, she set out back into the world, hunting for the evil king and slaying any monsters in the way. After realizing her connection to the wild, she can feel his power more than ever, and she wants him dead and gone, not caring much about the fact that he exiled a princess and took over the kingdom. (That was a bit long.)

[bg=white]
[/bg]​
[bg=white]
Kagutsuchi
軻遇突智
Personality
Kagu-san is known to be a very tranquil and an peaceful individual, although he may be quite emotionless most times. He is never clouded by anger or sadness, this might be the reason why he has very little friends due to his unwelcome attitude. Due to his nature he is most likely seen in bathhouses or hot areas, the one thing he will share with you if you get to know him is that cold items or areas is not his thing. Besides hot areas he is also known to spend his time in air dense places, over time he has adapted to breath in even the most hard to breath situations. Over the years Kagu-san has been able to see Yokai/Ghosts, although this does not effect him at all it is sort of weird for others when he starts to speak to them in public.
Abilities/Other
  • Race - Human
  • Magic type - Flame
  • Weapon type - Greatsword
  • Known battle type - Overwhelm
  • Speed - Fast
  • Strength - Strong
  • Defense - Moderate
  • Casting speed - Fast
History
Kagu-san is the son of Yūrei who is still even till this day the leader of the ''Azura Clan'', loyal allies of the former Samahito Clan. This clan is specialized in the art of fire bending and greatsword wielding, in the last 42 years the name Azura cannot simply be mentioned for they are known worldwide as the clan that was created by the god ''Amaterasu''. This god only formed the clan and leaded them to win some of the biggest wars in the past, It has been recorded that Amaterasu didn't commit lewd or sexual acts with her clan members which might be the reason why everyone except her has been human in the clans family trees. Although when Amaterasu left the earth she gave her clan 3 small crystal like fragments made of her blood that was later crafted into 3 individual weapons, making these 3 the only weapons able to give the wielder full understanding of flame and its tranquil power that most cannot reach even through many years of training.

One of these weapons were wielded by Yūrei but than was past down to Kagutsuchi which was named due to his fathers understanding that he soon would wield his sword. The one sword that has remained in the Azura clans possession through the decades is named
''Kami-en kara keisei sa reta gurētosōdo (神炎から形成されたグレートソード)''

which means ''Greatsword formed from the Gods Flame''. It was clear to everyone that the name of this sword was a lie within itself, however it was named that due to the way its shaped. The other two was gifted to the Samahito clan long before its destruction and Aerias just recently to offer peace. All of the swords have there own unique shape and pattern, however all of them possess the powers of fire.

Kagu-san's childhood was practical, training everyday under his mentor which was also his father. His mother was never in the picture for she died during birth, however Kagutsuchi never really asked about it in fear that his father might get mad. Later after he became a adult of the age of 21 he was given the sword and set off to find the last clan member of the Samahito clan.

Notes from me - Thought it would be cool to interact more with you guys so i thought of a plot to include two of you at least. Those who i gave the swords too you guys don't really have to RP about them if you don't want to. They can just be relics to you or you can actually use them, all up to you. If you do want to use it than you are free to customize it all you want even to the name, if you notice i only described my sword not the others.

[/bg]

[bg=white]
[/bg]​
[bg=white]
Kagutsuchi
軻遇突智
Personality
Kagu-san is known to be a very tranquil and an peaceful individual, although he may be quite emotionless most times. He is never clouded by anger or sadness, this might be the reason why he has very little friends due to his unwelcome attitude. Due to his nature he is most likely seen in bathhouses or hot areas, the one thing he will share with you if you get to know him is that cold items or areas is not his thing. Besides hot areas he is also known to spend his time in air dense places, over time he has adapted to breath in even the most hard to breath situations. Over the years Kagu-san has been able to see Yokai/Ghosts, although this does not effect him at all it is sort of weird for others when he starts to speak to them in public.
Abilities/Other
  • Race - Human
  • Magic type - Flame
  • Weapon type - Greatsword
  • Known battle type - Overwhelm
  • Speed - Fast
  • Strength - Strong
  • Defense - Moderate
  • Casting speed - Fast
History
Kagu-san is the son of Yūrei who is still even till this day the leader of the ''Azura Clan'', loyal allies of the former Samahito Clan. This clan is specialized in the art of fire bending and greatsword wielding, in the last 42 years the name Azura cannot simply be mentioned for they are known worldwide as the clan that was created by the god ''Amaterasu''. This god only formed the clan and leaded them to win some of the biggest wars in the past, It has been recorded that Amaterasu didn't commit lewd or sexual acts with her clan members which might be the reason why everyone except her has been human in the clans family trees. Although when Amaterasu left the earth she gave her clan 3 small crystal like fragments made of her blood that was later crafted into 3 individual weapons, making these 3 the only weapons able to give the wielder full understanding of flame and its tranquil power that most cannot reach even through many years of training.

One of these weapons were wielded by Yūrei but than was past down to Kagutsuchi which was named due to his fathers understanding that he soon would wield his sword. The one sword that has remained in the Azura clans possession through the decades is named
''Kami-en kara keisei sa reta gurētosōdo (神炎から形成されたグレートソード)''

which means ''Greatsword formed from the Gods Flame''. It was clear to everyone that the name of this sword was a lie within itself, however it was named that due to the way its shaped. The other two was gifted to the Samahito clan long before its destruction and Aerias just recently to offer peace. All of the swords have there own unique shape and pattern, however all of them possess the powers of fire.

Kagu-san's childhood was practical, training everyday under his mentor which was also his father. His mother was never in the picture for she died during birth, however Kagutsuchi never really asked about it in fear that his father might get mad. Later after he became a adult of the age of 21 he was given the sword and set off to find the last clan member of the Samahito clan.

Notes from me - Thought it would be cool to interact more with you guys so i thought of a plot to include two of you at least. Those who i gave the swords too you guys don't really have to RP about them if you don't want to. They can just be relics to you or you can actually use them, all up to you. If you do want to use it than you are free to customize it all you want even to the name, if you notice i only described my sword not the others.

[/bg]
I love it :
) I'll pm about details in the rp!

Accepted!

Reactions: Kame
Hey, @Charly Rene I was wondering if this was still open and if so, what kind of characters you still need. I see that you have three female slots open in the cast list, but I think I saw more than three female characters in this thread, so... yeah, just wondering! Don't wanna post a character that isn't allowed!

Can't tell if I'm going to be accepted, but if not, please let me know. The character I'm using is a tad new so it could probably use a bit of work.

Hey, @Charly Rene I was wondering if this was still open and if so, what kind of characters you still need. I see that you have three female slots open in the cast list, but I think I saw more than three female characters in this thread, so... yeah, just wondering! Don't wanna post a character that isn't allowed!
I do need perhaps one more female, I would love to have an elf female if that's alright, if not a non human female would be alright :)

I do need perhaps one more female, I would love to have an elf female if that's alright, if not a non human female would be alright :)
I'll put together a non-human female character then! If Hunniekii's reservation doesn't count as stealing the spot from me that is.

I'll put together a non-human female character then! If Hunniekii's reservation doesn't count as stealing the spot from me that is.
No it doesn't :) but signups are now officially over :3 just create your character and post and then please message me so we can squeeze your characters in :)

well, I thought @jeshem was just bad a making posts... didn't realise they were poems :D

Reactions: Charly Rene
Derp! Thanks. And please don't go haywire over any spelling errors of mine, if I'm on my kindle I'll usually try to check before I post but I might miss something.

Kindles have internet now? Doesn't that just make them tablets then?

Kindle Fire, sorry XD It's hard to type on them but my computer is broken and I'm too lazy to pull out my chromebook from school. But yeah, basically a tablet.

@Karakui, my last post was a poem. All rhe other ones was just me fooling around

Derp! Thanks. And please don't go haywire over any spelling errors of mine, if I'm on my kindle I'll usually try to check before I post but I might miss something.
Could you perhaps maybe pm me? :) nothing bad, just running you through the details

BTW I just wanna apologies real quick. I don't mean to rush this RP, I'm just fooling around. Take your time and have fun. I can wait.:alienhominid:

Status
Not open for further replies.