Shattered Darkness and Lost Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this site confuses me. I have no idea where this post/poem/whatever is and how to get to it. Could someone help? ;-;

I can squeeze myself in, unless you want me to pop up in a certain way, Charly. Just lemme know.

Yay more people!

I have a feeling that this RP world takes place in mostly a Japanese/anime fantasy setting...that was not how I created my character...awkward?

True, but I've found a means to make it work haha

Sorry, I meant to get my cs up today, but some personal stuff popped up so I wasn't able to. I'll aim for tomorrow though!

I have a feeling that this RP world takes place in mostly a Japanese/anime fantasy setting...that was not how I created my character...awkward?
To be honest i just made my character that way because i like japanese culture. If i would guess this is still medieval, although japan also had its own medieval era. It wasn't just focused on the knights, king, queens and horses, it was also the era of samurai which most movies and media alike doesn't speak about, they merely focus on the templar side of things because that is more popular when everyone things of the word ''medieval''. So we're still all in the same genre, there isn't anything really different besides the anime concept of some of our images provided in a few CS forms.

Most people use the term "feudal" when referring to to east's past, considering how yknow the East's medieval era only ended mid 1800s, 400 years after the end of Britain's medieval era. My character would work in either medieval or anime-style, so if it seems more anime-y then that'll just be because I watch a lot of anime.

As for the RP feeling anime-y, that's because Edward went full on weeb in that post. @Edward there's no chance in hell that a humble ninja would address a princess as -chan. It'd be -sama or -dono.

Most people use the term "feudal" when referring to to east's past, considering how yknow the East's medieval era only ended mid 1800s, 400 years after the end of Britain's medieval era. My character would work in either medieval or anime-style, so if it seems more anime-y then that'll just be because I watch a lot of anime.

As for the RP feeling anime-y, that's because Edward went full on weeb in that post. @Edward there's no chance in hell that a humble ninja would address a princess as -chan. It'd be -sama or -dono.
My character isn't ninja. Plus I'm not a weaboo, the fact that you're calling me that really offends me seeing how the definition of weaboo is quote ''A non japanese person who basically denounces their own culture and calls themselves japanese.'' I am 100% not a weaboo because i choose to act the part of a samurai in a roleplay forum.

Reactions: Charly Rene
Dude, I'm not gonna start an argument about what is and isn't being a weeb, just know that you're a weeb.

And that is the last comment that shall be made on the subject. Any further comment shall be taken as you trying to start an unnecessary argument.

Dude, I'm not gonna start an argument about what is and isn't being a weeb, just know that you're a weeb.

And that is the last comment that shall be made on the subject. Any further comment shall be taken as you trying to start an unnecessary argument.
Calling your own fanbase weaboos is sad, Your a anime fan too and now you're over here calling me names for no reason. disgraceful to the community, what poison, i don't like you.

Reactions: Charly Rene
[fieldbox="Spark, red, solid"]
09c71f7e5e45721a03e3c46c5c8488d0-d551rae.jpg

Bio- Red/orange hair that waves and blows like fire. Her eyes share a similar color to her hair, and her pale skin is covered in strange swirling runes that match this color as well. She often wears dark colors, preferring reddish browns and deep grays. She typically puts up a wall between herself and other people, as she prefers to be alone. She isn't trusting, and is also incredibly quick to anger. However, if you can manage to get past the crusty exterior, there is a very soft and sensitive girl at the center.

Race- She used to be an elf, and could probably still qualify as one, but now fire runs through her veins, and she's something... More.

Magic Type?(y/n)- Hell to the yes.

If yes, type?- Spark possesses absolute control over fire. Through the events of her past, she has become one with the flames, and can easily bend them to her will. She cannot be harmed by flames, as her body has become accustomed to the heat associated with the blaze, and she has accepted the heat and flame as part of herself. She is also able to absorb flames she comes into contact with, and stores the power so she can shoot blasts of flame. Without any stored power, she can only control fire that is already present, not create it.

Weapon(s) of choice- WHO NEEDS WEAPONS WHEN YOU'VE GOT FIRE?
magic%20the%20gathering%20fantasy%20art%20chandra%20nalaar_www.wall321.com_89.jpg

Backstory- Since before she could remember, Spark was merely an experiment of a twisted mage. He performed countless tests and experiments, trying to merge the girl's body with fire. He wanted to create magic that could transform a person into fire at will, then change them back. He only had one subject to perform his tests on, so he had to be very careful about how hard he pushed the girl. It became clear very quickly that the experiments were making progress, and that Spark was getting closer and closer to becoming a flame herself. When he took the girl, she had chestnut brown hair, and emerald green eyes. After years of being put to the flames, Spark's hair and eyes gradually changed color, becoming more like the flames that her body was forced to endure.

He would bombard the girl with a magic fire of his own design. Its intention was to bond with the target's body rather than destroy it, as most flames did. However, they were still as hot as normal flames. This meant that it felt like the subject was burning, but in reality, they were unharmed. He did this daily for many years, and gradually, she showed progress. She became resilient, and no longer felt pain from the heat of the fire. Her hair and eyes changed to show that she was becoming more like the flames. After many years, her skin began to absorb the flames that he bombarded her with. However, unbeknownst to him, the flames also began to speak to her.

To the poor girl confined in his lab, the mage and the pain of the flames was all she had ever known. She believed in her heart that it was her destiny to become one with the flames, and that there was no other purpose for her life. She believed in this sad existence for a long time, until one day, a voice from within the flames began to speak to her. It told her how her life could be different, and it told her of a world beyond the four walls she was confined to. It told her about forests, oceans, deserts, and so many other places in the world beyond her imagination. After weeks of hearing about the better world beyond the lab, the flames started to tell her how to control them. They told her how to manipulate other flames, and how to use the fire already built up within herself.

Finally convinced that the mage was evil (and he totally was), the girl unleashed the flames built up within herself, shouting to the man about how she would escape to see the forests and deserts and oceans. At first, he held her flames at bay, as he was a master pyromancer. "You are but a spark in the wind compared to my power!" he shouted at her over the roar of the flames. However, there was a small miscalculation on his part. He wasn't fighting her power. He was fighting his own power, which had been building up within the girl since she became able to absorb his flames. He didn't stand a chance. She obliterated the mage, the lab, the building it was in, and a good chunk of surrounding woods. She rose from the ashes of the house with fire still dancing across her body. The flames settled into loops and swirls across her chest, back, down her arms, and at the corners of her eyes, marks that would remain on her body for the rest of her life. She decided to take her name from the last thing the mage said to her. If she was to be little more than a spark on the wind, so be it. And so, facing the unfamiliar world before her as a new person, Spark set out on her journey. [/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
@Karakui I'll be completely honest, I don't see how @Edward is being a weeb when he just knows a lot about japanese culture, and I get where both parties are coming from, but because someone can get into character, and play their character well due to the vast knowledge they have of where their character comes from, I would not consider that a weeb, now if he was claiming that he lived in the culture rather than justify his means for the explanation he gave, then there would have been an argument. This isn't an online video game, or a competition, so name calling, or judgement on the way someone plays their character, or judgement on the knowledge they have of where their character comes from, will not be tolerated.

I also think Edward was trying to defend himself since the way your comment came off, was very rude. Name calling is for grade school, there's no need for it in the adult world. Any further rude comments and people will be removed from the roleplay.

@Edward I happen to love your character, keep doing what you're doing because you're doing awesome :)

@Zarrock Accepted, please pm me if you would :)

• Love
Reactions: Kame
Honestly, I don't see how it offended him. This is the first time I've ever seen weeb be taken as an insult.

If any of you are looking for another roleplay, there's one I found that isn't quite picking up yet. It's more sci-fi and not really fantasy, but it looks pretty cool. The host guy's done his research too, since the Mariana Trench and Challenger Deep (not the prison) are real.

Here's the overview:

There is one place that strikes fear to all who hear its name. Challenger Deep Penitentiary is the largest maximum security prison in the entire world, and it houses the world's worst criminals at the bottom of the ocean.

Imagine if all the world's criminals converged on a single location. Imagine if that location was under the watch of the most cruel and corrupt guards on the planet. Imagine if you were sent to Hell on Earth. The year is 2046, and crime rates run rampant in every country. The United Nations thought it was fit to begin designing a prison large enough to contain these criminals, but eventually, the plan was altered slightly. Not only is Challenger Deep Penitentiary the world's largest prison, it is completely inescapable. Inmates have resorted to calling it 'The Kraken's Jaws'. The prison is built directly onto the side of the Mariana Trench, descending into complete darkness, until the only outward light comes from the monstrous lifeforms that reside outside the airtight walls. The entire facility is powered by thermal vents dotted at the trench's floor.

At the very bottom of the trench is Sector Zero, reserved for only the worst of the worst. Terrorists, crime lords, serial killers, and much more take residence in Sector Zero, 10,898 meters beneath the surface. Rumors tell of prisoners going mad from torture or isolation; sometimes both. It's no secret that many inmates have stayed long after their sentence was completed. Murder, gambling, and drug trafficking are simply a way of life in Sector Zero. Occasionally the guards set up deathmatches between prisoners, placing bets ranging in the millions. Anyone caught past curfew are sent to the Sinful Circus. Simply put, no one wants to be in the Sinful Circus, because if you are, your odds of coming back are nil.

The Sinful Circus is Challenger Deep's main source of income. It is a coliseum-like arena where tourists can watch the scum of the Earth fight for their lives, usually in sadistic obstacle courses. The winners are permitted to return to their cell block unscathed, while the losers are slightly less fortunate, assuming they survive. Researchers with little regard for ethics are rather fond of taking prisoners for live experimentation. Anesthetics are optional, of course. Inmates who have returned from these experiments come back as broken shadows of their former selves, curiously missing several body part in addition.

I'm making small grand entrance! :D

Edit: On second though >.> anyone have any tips on how to enter the half destroyed tavern?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.