Shadows of Seattle

Deku ducked and started to sneak away from the vehicle as corpsec began to show up. Having managed to crack their com-channels he relayed relevant transmissions Reaper.

"Heavy vehicle spotted, contact imminent. First squad cover the eastern flank."

"What the fuck is that?!"

"Deko must've given me their comms." Reaper thought to himself. "Well, time to crash a party!" He pushed a button and the twin miniguns on the turret started to spin, then fire. He shot rockets in every direction and drove through a barricade. His turret shot at any thermal signatures it could find.

Deko crept over to the entrance, attempting to dodge the security forces rushing past to the heavy armed intruder and his vehicle.

"Where are those Panthers?!" A voice shouted over the comms.

"Assault cannons? Looks like Johnson failed to mention a few things." Deko said to himself. The Panther was a man portable assault cannon, capable of going against vehicles and lightly armored tanks.

A man carrying one of these monstrosities had taken shelter behind a blast door and took aim at Reaper's vehicle.

Reaper stared at the man. "Thaaaaat's not good.." He said before flooring it and raming his vehicle into the entrance trying to take out the Panther.

The vehicle's dozer blade managed to slam the door off it's hinges, knocking the security guard to the ground and under the dozer. Meanwhile the security team was surrounding the van and according to the com chatter, more were on the way.

Deko had managed to gain access to the building, he made his way to a security terminal and jacked in, attempting to grant himself access.

He threw the vehicle into reverse and floored it again trying to pull out of the entrance. "Come on come on!" After the third attempt he gave up and figured that it would be a good barrier so he got out with his AR levelled, he scanned the area and started heading into the complex. "Deko, you there?" Reaper said into the comm as he sweeped the hall.

"I'm in the building right now, I'm attempting to access the mainframe. Keep those goons off my back. I'll see if I can't deactivate some of the automated defenses." Deko said, as he manipulated code and began the (comparatively) slow process of spoofing the security network.

"Copy that, I'll set up a defensive position. I see two turrets guarding this long hallway I'm in. Can you activate those for me?" Reaper asked as he started building a barricade with office filing cabinets then hid behind them and waited for the mercs to follow him.

"I'll see what I can do." Deko said, finding Reaper on the grid. Security was bringing in several more squads onto his position. He found the turrets that Reaper was talking about and tried to reconfigure the targeting parameters. "I'm reconfiguring targeting data, be careful if something goes wrong those turrets will shoot at anything that has a thermal signature, including you."

The salaryman deleted several lines of code and inserted a few lines of his own. Holding his breath, he reactivated the two weapons. The lights on the turrets lit up and the weapons swept the area, looking for targets. They centered on Reaper before resuming their sweeps.

"Thanks man, and don't worry about thermal sigs. I my suit can hide mine." He examined his vest and counted his mags. He nodded satisfyingly at his ammo count.

Deko continued his work, gaining security clearance codes and the location of the target files. "I've found the location of the files, it's on an isolated server. Keep the mooks occupied."

As he said that, Reaper saw one of the walls in front of his barricade explode. Bullets flew through the smoke, followed by grenades.

"Shit!" He yelled as he fell onto his back. He scrabled to one of the standing filing cabinets and took cover, occasionally peeking out and firing a burst at the mercs.

Security forces moved through the breach with heavy suppression fire. Following the first squad was a massive guard clad in heavy armor, wielding an assault cannon.

"Stand down, you have ten seconds to comply." The large man said, his voice mechanical. It was clear that the man was not all human.

"Son of a bitch.. Deko, little help here?" Reaper asked and looked at the mag in his AR, empty. He dropped it and looked at all the bullet casings scattered across the floor.

"I'll see what I can do." Deko said, jacking into the network again. He activated the turrets. "These will distract, but I doubt it will help with that Chrome Dome."

The two sentry turrets reactivated and opened up, laying down supressive fire through the halls. The security guards ducked into cover as the heavy trooper took aim with his cannon.

"Leave the heavy to me." Reaper tapped some buttons on his gauntlet and disappeared. He quietly snuck under the heavy and placed some explosives on the massive troopers ammo pack that was on its back. "This'll be big." He whispered and snickered but a stray bullet hit his chest plate. It deflected but revealed his position. A few troopers aimed at him but he gunned them down with his KARD. He then ran as the heavy turned. Reaper slid between the heavy's legs and then ran down the hall. "FIRE IN THE HOLE" He yelled into his mic and pushed a button. Soon after the heavy disappeared in a huge inferno that shook the entire complex.

"The Fuck was that?" Deko asked, moving towards the mainframe, his drone firing its machine gun as he advanced.

"That my friend, would be the sound of a juggernaught's explosive ammunition pack exploding." Reaper laughed and hid behind a corner. He peeked from behind the corner and looked at the hole in the tunnel. "Is there an armory nearby? I could use some extra firepower."

"There is a security armory, let me mark it on your map. The locks aren't in the network, so you'll have to open it yourself." Deko said, as a squad of guards approached his position.

The hacker ducked down and his drone gave some supressive fire.

"Copy that." Reaper replied and headed toward the location. He peeked around a corner to see another heavy with a small group of guards. He stuffed his sidearms in their holsters and pulled out a grenade. He pulled the pin and slid it on the floor toward their position. They all watched it and instead of blowing up, they disappeared in an orange haze and were set ablaze. The heavy tried to get the ammo pack off of his back but was too late and blew up, blowing the security door in and clearing the hall. Reaper ran inside and looked at the small arsenal. "These guys are pretty well armed for a security team. Guess the owners didn't want any visitors." He grabbed an asault rifle and loaded it, then put some spare mags inside his pouches.