Shadows of Seattle

"It's pretty obvious that it's not abandoned. I'm just suspicious, you don't have a bounty on your head, do you?" Deko asked, pulling up satellite imagery of the area. The Johnson had given him the coordinates of the lab. It was surrounded by dense forests and rough terrain. The lab itself didn't look like much, just a small building surrounded by what could be a fence.

"Let's pull off the road here." He said, putting up the proposed route onto an Augmented Reality window. "We'll need to recon the area. That little building can't be all there is."

He nodded and turned onto the road when they came to it. He stopped and pushed a few buttons, the truck became invisible with an active camoflage and a light turned on in the back revealing droors and sliding metal doors. "I'm gonna gear up. Do what you need to." He hit another few buttons and a defensive turret slowly emerged out of the top of the truck, also invisible. He unstrapped and climbed in the back.

Deko opened the back of his van and removed the small, winged drone. He tossed it in the air and the flying contraption flew a small circle above the van. He took out a large sheet of camoflage netting and threw it over the vehicle.

"It's a Nissan-Toyota EITS scout drone. Infared, low light, thermographic, and Lidar this thing is one of the best for recon."

"Billions of dollars floating around in space and in the air but nothing beats taking a look for yourself." Scorch said with a slight laugh. He slid one of the doors up and pulled out an assault rifle.
my_raptor_ii_carbine_by_scarlighter-d5mm9hd.jpg
He put a laser on the left rail, a surpessor on the barrel, and an eotech holo sight on top. He put a magazine in and chambered the round. He then started to put mags into his pouches. He pulled the door down closed and slid another one up. He took a few stun grenades, frags, IR strobes, chem lights, and flares. He looked everything over and nodded then pulled the door shut. "Alright I'm set. You?"

"Maybe, but I for one prefer to risk money and hardware before I stick my own neck out." Deko said, pulling up several AR displays. He touched one and enlarged it before pressing several buttons on his computer. The display showed the hill that was their objective, the hacker had used Lidar to construct a map without trees, showing what looked like tunnel entrances on the eastern side of the hill, something that didn't show up in the satellite imagery.

"Call me old fashioned then." He said sitting back in his seat. He sat his assault rifle in his lap and thought about checking things out. "See anything interesting?"

Deko projected his finding onto the screen of his computer. "I've used the Lidar to strip away the trees in this image." He said, showing the monochrome 3d model. He highlighted several spots on the map. "Do these look like tunnel entrances to you?"

He looked closely at the image. Closely examining it. "yeah, it does. Then that means there's probably an underground factory. And the one on the surface is just a ruse."

"That's what I thought too." Deko said, before pressing another button and adding another layer to the map. This one was a thermal view. "I also picked up some signatures, mostly faint, but likely guards."

He nodded. "Ready to get your hands dirty?" He loaded his assault rifle then looked at Deko. "Or are you gonna sit here and let me do all the work then tell me what to do?"

"How about this. I need to get past the guards. There's three possible breach points, I'll need a distraction to get inside. You, being the distraction in question, will drive up and cause eight kinds of havoc here." Deko indicated the entrance with the most heat signatures. "My SABRE and I will then attempt to infiltrate the compound from the northernmost entrance while most of the security is directed towards you. What I need from you is a secure communications channel." He said, putting an earpiece on. "Because once I get inside, I'll need you to follow."

He gave him a cheesey salute. "Yes sir, what kind of distraction?" He asked hoping it didn't matter.

"The kind that doesn't get you killed. You want to snipe them from the woods? Go ahead. You want to drive your metal death machine through the front gates and jump out guns blazing? I'm not stopping you." Deko said, giving a wry smile. "Just drop me and my drone off here." He said, indicating an area relatively close to one of the entrances. He pressed a button on his computer and the back of his van opened up and deployed a ramp. A combat drone rolled off the ramp and made its way next to Reaper's car.
talon-maars1.jpg

"You got it boss." He deactivated the camo and drove slowly to the indicated position and stopped. "Here we are. I'll see you in a little while." He snickered evilly.

"Don't get blown up." Deko said, making some adjustments on his computer, his eyes suddenly opened wide. "I've got comm chatter, get going!"

A sniper in a ghillie suit took aim with his rifle. . .

"Yes sir" He gave another cheesey salute. "Don't get your panties in a bunch.." He unbuckled and opened his door.

The bang of a rifle rang out through the hills as the glass on the passenger side of the windshield leaving an impact crater and cracks. "Shit, they're here!" Deko said, with a hint of desperation.

"Don't worry. I told you, they'd need something heavy to get through this armored beast." He tapped a few buttons and a long tube emerged out of the side. He tapped another button and a rocket shot out, following the vapor trail of the rifle round and exploding when it found its target.

(busy weekend)

"They still know we're here." Deko jumped out of the van with his drone following. "Keep them occupied and off my back!"

(Same)

"Yes sir." Reaper gave him another cheesey salute then drove off. He pressed several buttons and a few more rocket launchers emerged from the side as well as a 'dozer blade.