SERVER CRASH = BIG SUCKBALLS

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if it's an error or not, but the e-mail for resetting password information seemed to take awhile...

On a side note, please delete the "xindarisagain" account if possible. That was totally my bad....

Eheh...wrong place for errors. But the request stands, at least.

Ugh...so much gone. But I think I actually backed up my Iwaku World character...time to go looking.

This sucks so bad... I can't believe we lost everything! :cry:

Well, we'll just have to stay strong and make it again!

*stares at Tempest*

Did someone pay a random guy to come here an be dramatic?

*pokes Tempest*

I WANT PICTURES OF THE DEAD SERVER BEING MAIMED, BURNED AND FORCED TO WATCH RERUNS OF JAY LENO >:E

...I blame this entirely upon Isabella. It's clearly her fault. :)

Jokes. Well done Diana for resurrecting as much as she has. Having seen several server crashes, she's done a bloody good job.

Now everyone grab your tools and get rebuilding. ON THE DOUBLE, SLAGS.

I would like to personally apologize for this happening.

I was only checking that backups were being made and not the content. For some reason the backup system was not backing up databases, but I was able to recover almost all files and (some) parts of databases but Diana had to do a lot of reconstruction.

For those who have more tech knowledge: the system now is running on a RAID1 array in addition to backups.

Something in the file system was corrupt and file records may have been pointing to a completely different file than it was supposed to (or none at all).

/ties Asmo up/ Give it a rest Asmupuu, its not really his fault X3

You're still my favorite hostman, Hostman. XD No one else would have spent two days hunting down backups for me.

*Beats isabella with a shovel then sets a church of jared on fire.*

Dead Kut-Ku says what?

NOTHIN' MOTHER FUCKERS!!! KUT-KU DEAD!!!

That's mean, Jesse.....

I mean, Jared was nice enough to help with the site....

*stares at Tempest*

Did someone pay a random guy to come here an be dramatic?

*pokes Tempest*

Hey! No poking!

It is me! Red! I'm not random!

I couldn't get into my old account no matter how much I tried so I made a new one.

"All that hard work, down the drain!"

Just quoting some vidya gaem here. Don't mind me.

RED?! And Nic.........

I DO! I'm just sad I didn't know sooner!

Status
Not open for further replies.