SERVER CRASH = BIG SUCKBALLS

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

You're not a rebel, you're fucking psychotic!
BENEFACTOR
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
My Usual Online Time
5PM - 5AM Daily
WHAT HAPPENED:
The server (a machine/computer that runs the website) died. Crashed hardcore. Hostman had to get us a new machine. Then it was discovered the backup was corrupted. Hostman did the best he could to find me a backup, and what we're left with is what I managed to salvage out of the database.

WHAT'S GONE FOREVER:
Posts, Private Messages, Social Groups. ALL GONE. I was not able to recover the data from those tables.

WHAT'S STILL HERE
Accounts and Forums. I did the best I could to puzzle-piece everything that was unmolested by the crash. Everything else I had to reinstall from scratch.

WHAT WE DO NOW:
Start from the beginning. Again. Content from Olf Iwaku in the archive is still there, but everything we've worked so hard on the past five/six months no longer exists. We have no choice but to restart all of our roleplays and projects from scratch again.

So, the steps:

1. Report ANY errors, bugs "this looks weird" or "I can't find ___" in the Feedback. I don't care HOW small the problem is. I need to fix it. Lord only knows how many errors might be lurking. c__c

2. Restart your roleplays how you deem fit.

3. Restart cults/clubs.

4. Post, post, post, post.

You may now commence rioting, ranting, crying, death threats, and rebuilding. x___x

K

Kiru Sarken

I should've known all my allusions to Majora's Mask woudl become Foreshadowing! CURSES!

S

Soldato

Well I seem to disappear for a week and all hell breaks loose. I guess it means restarting and getting back on track again. Here's to round 2, lets make it better.

Hydronine

The Murrstress
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
I'm fine with doing both, but it depends on the situation and how comfortable I am with the RP, plot, or subject matter of the RP.
Favorite Genres
Scifi, Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Horror, Noir, apocalyptic, Grimdark, yaoi, yuri, anything really.
Genre You DON'T Like
Uhhh..... That's hard.
Wow, I can't believe this happened....

King Weavel

The Burger King
I am in the middle between passive and aggressive. But I prefer to plan things out with my fellow RPers so I don't mess them up. Although I do keep plot twists under wraps. I believe planning things out helps make for better posts so I do it often.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, sci-fi, post apocalyptic, parody.
Genre You DON'T Like
No SMUT EVER. Not big on modern RPs, not a fan of Mass RPs due to past experiences. I may make exceptions though if an RP is particularly interesting. I will NEVER get involved with anything like yaoi or furry FYI, those I do not make exceptions with. Also not too keen on perverse RPs.
Oy, oh well. I'm saving my bios and completed RP posts on my computer and email from now on, I'd like to encourage everyone to do the same..

Meh, did have some partial back up for ICSYL2 though so...But RaC, GG and Final Fantasy Universe. Oy..Gonna have to restart.. But oh well..I don't think it'll be all that hard since most of these Rps just got started anyhow.

Male
Moderate to aggressive.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
Genre You DON'T Like
I'll try just about anything. I'm not overly into RPs where the prime focus is romance. I'm not too hyped on fan based anime rp either.
I'm pretty new to the site, but I'm very glad its back. As I only had a few posts I can't begin to imagine what some people have lost. Anyway thank you to everyone who got it back up so fast and THANK GOD that damn Bitch Box character I made, Bringer of salt, is dead forever.Amen.

-October Knight

Hydronine

The Murrstress
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
No Preferences
I'm fine with doing both, but it depends on the situation and how comfortable I am with the RP, plot, or subject matter of the RP.
Favorite Genres
Scifi, Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Horror, Noir, apocalyptic, Grimdark, yaoi, yuri, anything really.
Genre You DON'T Like
Uhhh..... That's hard.
Why did you make that in the first place?

Anyways, I'm glad it's back...

*Sighs happily*

I'm so glad...

Male
Moderate to aggressive.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
Genre You DON'T Like
I'll try just about anything. I'm not overly into RPs where the prime focus is romance. I'm not too hyped on fan based anime rp either.
Cos I'm weird...............I thought once I started I should stay in character.

D

Damned.Siren

*Tackles hugs Iwaku* OMG! I AM SOOOO DAMN HAPPY YOUR BACK! Thank you Diana! *Cuddles*

either or
Favorite Genres
I'm not really picky. I'll USUALLY try things at least once
Genre You DON'T Like
...again I'm flexible...so there isn't really a genre i DONT like per say
hmm crap I'm gonna have to remember what rp's I had posted here ^^; well not that they were really doing well most were just puttling along hmm hmmm....

*Hugs Iwaku*

<3 Diana for being awesome and helping get things back up! You did all you could and that's all we can ask ^^

P

Palonis

Man, I am so totally bummed about all this. I guess the only thing to do now is to rebuild and move on like this thread is suggesting.

Just bear in mind that I'm doing this of my own free will, and not just because someone told me to do it.

D

Drew

Thank you Diana!!!

Im so glad to have Iwaku and Afata back. Im play on both and man I was gonna lose my mind without them... *Huggles Iwaku* there.. there it will be okay*... Everyone just be glad Diana saved what she did... Thanks again Diana... *hugs*

Asmodeus

Gazorpazorpdeus
Posting Speed
Speed of Light
*staggers in on his happy-pills*

*hugs Palonis*

You.... you're you.... yeah y'are....

*staggers out*

MiraMirror

She's baaaaaack~
Okay, that settles it!!! From now on, Im backing up all of my posts on a flash drive!
>:|
Stupid server machine... Oh well, we'll get through it.

P

Paorou-sama

*salutes every derp*

Sakura

Official Iwaku Little Sister
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
After 5PM EST weekdays
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Instinctively passive unless the story needs a push. I adapt as needed.
Favorite Genres
SciFi, Fantasy, Modern, Twist Genres.
Genre You DON'T Like
Mature, Horror (with rare exceptions)
Something is better than nothing. =]
Thank you Danana-chaan ~

J

Jumi

Well I guess it's time for round two.

Hydronine

The Murrstress
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
No Preferences
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Uhhh..... That's hard.
Whoohoo! We're back on!

A

Ampoule

lol i had all of my posts saved. TOO BAD NONE OF THE THREADS SURVIVED. Oh well

HAY GUIZ I HERD ABOOT DIS NEW SITE CALLED IWAKU YOU ALL SHOULD JOI...Oh hey, you're already here! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.