Seeking a partner - Futuristic / Tribal

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lylith

When the Forever Sleep ends...
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Romance, GOT
Hello there,

What I'm looking for:

1x1 or 1x1x1
M/F M/M F/F
Posts at least 1x - 2x a day
Detailed posts by experienced writers

I'm looking for a one on one or threesome with anyone interested in writing with me...

I'm looking to post once or twice a day in a world that must be generated and described by the writers\participating.

In other words, I need partners who are capable of using descriptive words, and using their imagination and putting it to pen and describing the world around them and not just their actions IN said world...

Here's the scenario I'd like to use.

Celestial Centurions

The year is 2130... Life as human kind knew it, ended long ago with the destruction of their world. Earth... The great scientific advances they made led to a need for more and more resources, leading to a massive "Ore War" between the three leading nations... Each nation fought to secure the massive stores of minerals beneath the earths skin. But they delved too deep and released the Earths own fury, releasing its life force, destroying far more than the weapons of man ever could... A quarter of the earth burned in a night... Four of the Seven seas evaporated in a sickening acidic cloud that poisoned 80% of the life on earth. Only a few million managed to escape to the refugee colonies on the moon...

But that was over three centuries ago.

Mankind has since then expanded his reach into the stars, out of necessity. The lack of mineral deposits on the moon forced excursions to nearby planets, leading to the discoveries of new elements and technological advances... And with these advances, came more exploration, leading mankind to the edges of their galaxy...

A century after Earth was abandoned, space travel evolved from an expensive venture, to an every day occurrence. Colonies developed on numerous planets, and some forms of Tera-forming began, though changing the atmosphere of the selected planets was never perfected.

Two centuries after The Fall, extensive colonial development was underway, and communities began identifying themselves by the names of their planets... Civilians obtained personal ships for travel between colonies. Planets were identified for their mineral content, and mined extensively, until all easily available deposits were excavated.

Three centuries later, the colonies no longer relied on each other, as they grew into massive states, covering portions of the planets, though most lived under the surface... Mineral harvesting for construction became the main industrial focus. Farming became possible with the help of advances in agricultural sciences... Most farms were in massive underground chasms. Growth enhancing fertilizer and bio engineering produced a satisfying Growth - Harvest cycle of seven days... Starvation would never again be a threat.

Over time, after the threat of extinction passed, humans began their old quarrels, and struggles for power. Security was needed, and governments formed. Armies were raised, and fleets were commissioned. Men became restless after three hundred years of peace... The Age of Exploration ended, and The Age of Gods... Is just beginning...

With the colonization of the various planets, most inhospitable, and all strange and new to humankind, advances in supportive technology were required... Developments in life support, renewable energy, and mobilization were needed.

The first advancements included "suits" allowing humans to traverse the surface of a planet without the aid of a ship, or ATV. The first suits were rather bulky and required charges of O2 to support the humans inside. But, with time, (and years of research)they became more and more streamlined and efficient. The basic life support "skin" removes the carbon element from the discharged air, charging the air for the user to breathe again... It maintains a set temperature for the user in most any condition, and can contain other elements of technology, depending on the users occupation and needs.

Along with life support, mobility across unforgiving terrain was needed. Most planets were unbelievably difficult in this regard, preventing travel by almost any means except flight. Wheels were rendered obsolete with the invention of repulsor engines. Hovering vehicles could be found nearly everywhere by the end of the second century... But that wasn't enough...

Mobility for troops was enhanced with battle-suits that covered their entire life support "skin". The suits remain large, and bulky, due to the plating that protects the user... The suits themselves can lift up to three hundred tons on some low gravity planets, compared to their measly two ton frame weight. They have no weapons attached to them, leaving the user free to choose armament. Thus was created, the modern soldier...

plazma_heavy_by_2_dpanda-d5tod6k.jpg

With the advent of kinetic plating, most projectiles were rendered useless against these soldiers. As a result, it seemed a jump to melee weaponry was the only place to go, since energy and plasma projectiles were simply not in the scope of science at the time...

One of the biggest advancements, though, had little to do with technology...

It was the turn of the second century... At first they were known as templars, playing off historical stories and tales. But the project failed when the standard human body was found to be too weak to bear the genetic modifications... Strength. Speed. Mass. Most of the subjects tore themselves apart upon waking from surgery. It simply wasn't the right time... Technology hadn't advanced far enough... Humans weren't ready...

During the second century, exploration led to the discovery of a planet covered in deep forests, saturated with a deep blue ore... It turned out to be nothing more than a curiosity to scientists, but a time after colonizing the planet for mining, the residents began to experience changes... Mainly the children born on the planet itself.

Tests showed the children born on the planet had increased bone density, due to the intense gravity exerted by the planet. They grew stronger, with denser muscle fibers, also a result of the gravity... Their senses heightened, somewhat inexplicably, though noticeably sharper than average humans. The planet was evacuated by everyone except scientists, and the children... Their families were "evacuated"... And the Templar project was reborn under a new handle... Centurion...

The project was the dream of any bio engineer... Genetic alteration over generations, sped up with the same process as the agricultural industry. It was a project, with a scale never before attempted... With cataclysmic, unforeseen, consequences...

Twenty years passed... Hundreds of "generations" of the original children... Born, and passed away as their lifespans were accelerated beyond a factor of 100... The original seven were long dead, though their test tube descendants lived on... The hidden purpose behind the research was never known to the subjects.

Centurion enhanced the subjects abilities by dramatic proportions, focusing on strength, speed, and intellect... The main tools of a warrior. A balance between the three attributes was the main goal of the scientists... But their haste prevented them from achieving that goal... Instead, they focused on enhancing singular attributes in individual subjects.

Long after the project was deemed a success, a group of subjects rebelled against their "fathers" and ended the creation of the short lived test tube warriors, and they began their own life in the former bio engineering facility...

A few generations passed in a few years, but the lifespan of the formerly captive "Centurions" quickly returned to normal without the tampering of their torturous captors... They created a society and a caste system, a warrior culture. They scavenged the technology of the fallen scientists and built off the bones of another civilization, a new one...

It wasn't long before the attributes the bio engineers tried to manually enhance, evened out among the "tribes" resulting in the perfect warriors they strove to create. Eight feet tall... Naturally athletic, and built for speed with a reaction time a quarter of that of a normal human. With enhanced intellect and wit, they were constantly learning and growing... Their curiosity leading them to explore... Their desire to explore, leading them back to humanity...

If you want to look at examples of the armor as I imagine it in this RP, just look at Theo Stylianides work. Just ignore most of the weapons and imagine instead that they're melee weapons that have emitters on the edges or vibrate at a high enough frequency to disrupt and separate molecules... :thumbsup:

If any of you are interested, let me know here. I don't want to see any character ideas until you introduce yourself and tell me what you want / expect from this RP... I want to RP with people that have similar goals in mind.

If you can't reply at least 1x - 2x a day, I don't want to write with you... It's not personal, but I need a no lifer like myself to write with!

Last edited:
Still looking...

Bump!

Still looking!
=]

Status
Not open for further replies.