Second Horizon - OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, basically, my parents got my on shit about "internet addiction", and to shut them the fuck up, I told them I'd go three days without internet. Three days later, I'm not even visibly bothered.

So I'm back.

happy-new-year-animation.gif

Okay, basically, my parents got my on shit about "internet addiction", and to shut them the fuck up, I told them I'd go three days without internet. Three days later, I'm not even visibly bothered.

So I'm back.
Do you know those school-trips for 1 to 2 weeks when you were a little shitter? Yeah, those we all did, were you ever bothered with no internet back then? No? Seems like your parents forget.

Posting today. As in, after I sleep and finish a chapter.

Zombs is gone, so RIP Kuo.

Neko is gone, so vamp gurl is gonna get caught and drag Templar gurl down with her.

Levont is gone, so tanuki is gonna get rock-stomped.

What a nice New Years. Anyone wanna be a cool dude and trawl through the OOC, finding out who had wanted to join in, but was kicked?

Posting today. As in, after I sleep and finish a chapter.

Zombs is gone, so RIP Kuo.

Neko is gone, so vamp gurl is gonna get caught and drag Templar gurl down with her.

Levont is gone, so tanuki is gonna get rock-stomped.

What a nice New Years. Anyone wanna be a cool dude and trawl through the OOC, finding out who had wanted to join in, but was kicked?
I would think levont would be back in a couple of days. Reason is because the time between christmas and newyear and briefly after is really quiete odd.
I would suggest to give them till sunday to get over the newyear shock and applying for uni's etc. o.o

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I'm not gone. As with everyone, Christmas, New Years and getting situated into a new job clogs my posting time. That and I've been trying to get into touch with @Neko but had no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know those school-trips for 1 to 2 weeks when you were a little shitter? Yeah, those we all did, were you ever bothered with no internet back then? No? Seems like your parents forget.
Uh, we didn't have those.

*raises hand*
I had wanted to join, if the offer still stands.

Ah, my mistake then, Levont. Guess you didn't notice the whole rollcall thing.

Throw something up then, Jageroux, for a character situated in Dansila, preferrably.

The vampire girl always dies first.

Zander, #800101

Character Quote: "I still don't understand..."

Name: Zander Zaynesworth
Nation of Birth: Dansila
Height: 6'4
Race: Human

Personality: Being a solemn and quiet individual, Zander is a man of few words. He prefers to keep to himself, though his innate curiosity tends to conflict with his preference for solitude. He is by no means unsociable or unapproachable, but he's not one to initiate a conversation. In addition to this, he's quite submissive - following the orders of whomever he deems his 'master', though he's yet to find another one.

Biography:
  • Having no real memories of his family, the only person Zander knew for just about all of his life was a man called The Grey. He was not a pleasant individual, keeping Zander in a cage or on a leash as they continuously travelled, avoiding wherever rift-beasts were. Their relationship was a strange one – one of dominance and servitude. The Grey never told Zander where he came from, choosing to leave the child in ignorance. Such was the basis of The Grey and Zander's relationship.
  • Whenever Zander inquired something, The Grey would answer with a back-handed slap or punch. The only thing The Grey bothered to teach Zander was The Art of War. The Grey omitted any other form of knowledge, aside from basic things, to ensure that he could create a perfectly tuned war machine in the form of the growing boy. From archery to swords, daggers to axes – he spent the course of his life, when he wasn't taking odd jobs, to teach the boy various methods of combat, going so far as to take him onto live battlefields to witness horrors up close in a way to desensitize him to carnage. And Zander? He ate it all up, never shying away from the things The Grey taught him, accepting every single brutal and cruel lesson willingly. After all, it was the only thing he would ever be taught, and The Grey was the only person he could trust.
  • The Grey ingrained in Zander that the worth of his life is measured by his ability to wield a sword, and that his life will only have meaning so long as he finds someone to serve under. As such, Zander felt a strange attachment to The Grey – where any other individual may have hated their 'owner', Zander formed a love for the man, equivalent to that which a son might feel for their father. And, in a way, The Grey formed a bond with the boy along the same lines, though he never cut him any slack. The Grey was a man that would never gain any form of recognition for his skill or acts – knowing he would never go down in any history book; he simply sought to create something, a warrior who would rise above the rest even if he was never mentioned.
  • Even after The God Slayer was killed and the war was quelled, The Grey continued to train Zander. He wasn't a man to believe in the pretense of peace; therefore, he forced Zander to continue to hone his skills. As time went on, The Grey soon fell ill, having been poisoned during an incursion with an old acquaintance. During the last few days of his life, The Grey dropped his façade of a heartless knight, though he remained quite stern. Time seemed to fly as his head steadily decreased, though he spent the days peacefully with Zander. When The Grey finally passed away, Zander was left somewhat broken – having lost the only person he ever cared about in his life.
  • Knowing he was meant to press on, he buried his 'father' and collected his gear. Becoming a straggler, he journeyed from place to place, making a living off of odd jobs that were presented to him verbally and on the spot, his lack of being able to read or write making it difficult to properly function in society. Eventually, he wound up in Dansila, with the sole intention of drifting through.
---

Skills:

• While not a skill, it should be noted that Zander is unable to read or write, having never been taught to do so by The Grey.
  • Can sleep with his eyes open.

Sword Skills:

• Mind of Iroas: Being 'ignorant' of most things, Zander has always wished to know things, hence his curiosity. This manifests itself in Zander's ability to 'adapt to' and 'learn' the attacks of others. While it doesn't extend towards Sword Skills and Arts, if it's a simple weapon vs weapon encounter, Zander will be able to almost always see-through and adapt to his enemy's attack patterns.
  • Blade of Erebos: Zander, during his training, he would constantly 'wish' he could break through The Grey's seemingly impenetrable defense, the man usage of two jagged shields giving him both defense and offense. Said wish was granted in the form of Blade of Erebos, which allows him to sharpen his blade to the point it can cut through just about any defense.

Equipment:

aL6BHWr.jpg

---

Dislikes: People who look at him funny.

Fears: Dying without finding a master.

Love Interests: He doesn't even know how to use his di- He's open to a relationship.

Theme Song(s):

Last edited:
LOL nice profile formatting. Still prefer Sky's more though. =) Sorry! <3 Alicia.

That said I am still here.

Alright, in regards to muh oncoming post...

I literally have nothing in regards to Talze Utera. More specifically, I'll let another round of conversation pass, because there's no reason for Tanya to say anything at the moment, considering how Arbour's doing the explanations for her.

Astopol would be similarly dry. Doughguy, Ryver, you two might want to set up a collab for your chattering.

Dansila and Illiserev will have things.

@Jageroux Things to note.
Talze Utera is pretty much empty of humans. More specifically...if his parents WEREN'T incredibly badass monster slayers, his mother wouldn't have even lived long enough to give birth to him. Unless she was a witch, ofc, but then, witches sorta look after their own...

Refraining from wearing armor is such a silly thing~ What would you do if you get AOE'd? XD

I dislike how you've pretty much ignored all the changes that have occurred in the world that they lived in. More specifically...rift-beasts were still roaming everywhere during Zander's childhood. What exactly did he even EAT as a baby? Taking care of month-old kids is a pain in the ass, and I don't understand why a merciless, parent-slaying slave trader would waste so much time raising up a baby. What about when Talze Utera was at war? I'd imagine that they'd have some degree of involvement, yes? Or no?

In regards to his Sword Skills...killing a person in a single cut is a no-no. Change it into something else. For example, you can have him accelerate to insane speeds for a single moment, and then slash, or you can have his sword sharpen to the extent that it can cut through all defenses, but you can't have something that just goes 'huehuehue, you ded'.

Reactions: White
Posted.
@Desire @Levont - You two can just go puppet Neko's character.
@ the Talze Utera gang - This is mainly for Click's benefit, so Liese can respond to Arbour's claims.
@ Astopol - Yeah, just reactionary stuff, probs. I'd like the dudes to wrap up their conversation, so go collab.
@ Illiserev - Just chat, I guess. The amount of plot that happens will come from which questions you ask. XD

• Thank You
Reactions: White
@ERode Finally finished editing it (hit a block halfway through), hope it's better now. Took everything you said into consideration and tried my best to tweak/fix the things you pointed out.

Meh.

I'll whip something up soon.

Back to the crafting table!

Status
Not open for further replies.