Seas of Silent Hope

"Alright alright. What are you girl? Cops? You definitely don't look like cops." Said him. "Anyway, that guy with the weird name used to com' here, drink insane amounts of alcohol, yet it looked like if he just drank water!" Explained him. "Sometimes he caused some troubles... But it was just those punks on the garage on the other side of the street." Said the bartender. "Hell! You should have seen how that guy fought! I've never seen nobody care less for his own health. It didn't mattered; one two or five folks, he just charged against them and punched his way to victory." Said him. "Don't tell no one, but I think I saw him using strange powers one time... Maybe those weirdos from the GDA took him, I don't know.

"Oh, now that I remember..." Then he began to look for something inside a mountain of papers. "I remember one time he got into a fight... I think he dropped his wallet, or someone tried to stole it from him... The thing is he left this in here." Said him finally founding what he was looking for; A past due credit card, what it looked like a ticket from a gas station, a photo of a really young girl smiling on the beach with a date written behind of it '03/05/1999' and one of those card keys from the 'Imperial hotel'. "Strange guy that Kestreel.... Why are you lookin' for him anyway?"

Ri laughed when the bartender asked if she was a cop. "No not a cop. Just a concerned..." she thought of something quickly, "girlfriend. He hasn't been home in a while. So i'm looking for him." she said. Ri took the stuff that he put on the counter and put it into her purse. "Well thanks for your help." she said. Ri finished her drink and pulled Martha out of the bar with her. "Next stop: Imperial Hotel." she said.

"Okay, okay girl. I think I know where it is." Said Martha as they got to her car. "I think we should look to those things with more detail... I mean, how many 'Imperial Hotels' should be on the world? I doubt the one on this city is the only one." Explained her. "And the photo? Who is that girl?" Asked her, but there was something who was actually bothering her more than anything else. "Ehmm... Kestreel... He is not your boyfriend, right?" Asked her concerned, still with little traces of jealousy in it.

Ri knew the location for the Imperial Hotel in town. In her long days of staying at home, she would research the city to know what she wanted to do when she was allowed out. "I know where the hotel in town is. Besides I doubt that he would be out of town. As for the girl in the picture. I think that's his daughter." she said. Ri was shocked when Martha asked if Kestreel was really her boyfriend. She sounded angry and jealous about it. "Is Kestreel really my boyfriend? Maybe...maybe not. Why do you ask?"

"I.. I don't know. Kestreel is dangerous, We already told you that... I'm... I'mm just worried, that's all." Replied Martha focusing on the rad, blushing a little bit by having the question. "Anyways, you said that girl is his daughter? That's.... Well, I didn't knew he had a daughter." Said her. "Maybe we should go talk to her next. Do you know where she is?"

"Well there's no need to be worried. I'm a big girl. I can handle myself but thanks for the concern. And we can't talk to her...she's dead." Ri told Martha. Ri got in the driver's seat this time and drove them to the Imperial Hotel. She parked and looked at Martha, "Are you coming inside with me or staying out here?" she asked.

Martha sighed. She didn't knew what, but yet, she had the feeling she was doing something wrong. "No, no. I'm coming with you." Said her as she got down the car. Once they got to the hotel, Martha felt confused; what were they supposed to find in here? This place had been running from a long time ago, and that card could be from anytime between the 2000 and now, even before, thought her. Anyway, this clue was as good as any other.

The main hall of the hotel was really modern, with white and light brown wood colors, business people going and coming, receptionists behind the counter and even some businessmen reading the newspaper while sitting in a comfortable sofa. No way this had been like this all the time, sure this place had suffered many restorations and changes over the years.

Ri was glad that Martha had decided to come with her. Truth be told she was just as nervous as she was. Ri was happy that she had the support. Ri didn't really look around when they walked inside. She only searched for the receptionist's desk. Sure the key card could be from anytime but it was the only clue she had right now. Ri finally found the desk and walked up to it. She hadn't really thought of what to say so she randomly said, "Hi i've forgotten my room number. I have my key card though. Could you maybe tell it to me?" she asked.

The woman behind the counter took the card and passed it through a card reader, and then after reading the information on the screen she stood frozen for an instant. "Yes, Mr. Sanderson. Your room is the number 12 13, on the sixth floor." Said her with a smile a little bit overacted. Of course that could be just the paper they had to play for their clients. Martha noticed that and walked close to Ri as they made their way to the elevators. "I don't know, Elle. I have a bad feeling about this."

Ri had noticed the way the receptionist acted but chose to ignore it. She was on a mission and didn't have time to worry about peoples' attitudes. As Ri made her way towards the elevators she felt Martha move closer. "It'll be fine. Besides it's not like we came unprepared." Ri said and snapped her fingers. Immediately her hands were engulfed in small flames. When they reached the sixth floor Ri stepped out and headrd down the hall to room 12 13.

The hallway was quiet, with the eventual room service knocking to doors in order to get into the rooms and clean them. Everything seemed pretty usual, well lit and clean. Worthy of a four star hotel. "I know we are not... unprepared....Still, remember what I told you; overconfidence is our worst enemy." Said Martha as they got to the door of the room 12 13.

Inside the room, there was nothing unusual at first glance. It felt like nobody had entered in there in months, not even the cleaning service. The furniture was a little bit dusty and the faucet of the sink was leaking, but besides that, everything was perfect. There was a couple of things that felt out of place, tho: A suitcase over the main table, next to the suitcase there was a gun and a smart phone with the battery depleted. A laptop with the battery depleted too on the counter of the kitchen, a envelope over the tea table in front of the sofa and a key with a plastic key chain with a '244' number in it.

"I'm not being overconfident. Just trying to stay positive." she told Martha. When they entered the room Ri groaned in frustration when she saw that the room was almost empty except for a gun, suitcase, smart phone, laptop, and and envelope with a key. Ri walked over to the suitcase and opened it. There wasn't much inside except for a few articles of men's clothing and the chargers to the laptop and phone. Ri placed everything except for the envelope and key inside the suitcase. "Might as well take it with us." she said. Ri handed to suitcase over to Martha. SHe put the key in her pocket and opened the letter.

"Going somewhere?" Said a male voice coming from the nowhere. All of sudden a group of five men, dressed for combat and wearing gas masks appeared from the nothing, in combat stance handling bulletproof shields and energy lashes from all kind of blue tones. "We've been waiting... Oh, you are not him." Said the voice of the men, who finally appeared from behind of a wall. Literally trough it. The man was tall and bold, dressed in dark clothes and a long leather trench coat. He had a pretty big scar on his face, and paying enough attention, it could be notable that one of his eyes was too bright, like if it had some kind of screen embedded into it.

"So, we have a couple of little thieves? Maybe someone went too deep into the rabbit hole?" Said the man with a smile as he got closer to them.

Ri was shocked when she saw the men come from nowhere. Ri put the key and the envelope inside her pocket slowly. "Rabbit hole? This looks like a hotel to me." she said. She backed up a little when the men started moving closer to her. She whispered to Martha, "On 3 I want you to run as fast as you can out of here. Got it? No questions." This felt like deja vu, except this time Kestreel wasn't telling her to run. She was telling someone else. "Who are you guys looking?" she asked them, "Because 1 he's not here, 2 this wasn't such a great plan, and 3 we aren't thieves." she said and ran pushing Martha out of the room and down the hall.

The man looked how the girls ran, but didn't moved a muscle. "Chase them. Let them escape. But don't lose them." Ordered him and then some of the men ran behind Ri and Martha. "We are not capturing them?" Asked another voice identical to the one of the bald men. "No. We are letting them take us to him. Then we will capture them and get rid of him." Said the bald men. "Yes.... That's the same I was thinking." Said the voice of the other man, who also came from inside the walls, looking exactly like the other man. "Excellent." "Excellent indeed."

A couple of men ran behind Ri and Martha, catching them for instants as they were far more trained than Ri or Martha were. "Right! Cut them on the right!" Yelled on of the pursuers as they got to the main hall. "Surprise!" Said one of the chasers as he appeared from behind a wall and Attacked Martha with the leash. She saw it coming, but wasn't fast enough to completely avoid it and the leash hit her hard on the arm, injuring her quite seriously and making her drop the suitcase and stumble about to fall.

Ri caught Martha on her uninjured hand. She pulled her up and threw a couple of fireballs at the guy behind them. Ri quickly picked up the suitcase and ran with Martha down the stairs. They finally made it outside and the men were still on their tail. "Can you drive one handed?" she asked Martha. "If so I need you to pull the car around here and i'll hop in." she said turning to face the guys.

Martha looked at Ri really worried now. "I... be careful! I'll be back in a second!" Said her as she ran to the car. Sure she would be able to drive it. Maybe not safely, but it was an automatic, so sure she could handle it. Besides, even if it hurt, even bleed quite a bit, she still had the arm in its place. She got to the car, took a deep breath to not mess anything and got it on as quick as she could. Then she drove all the was to the entrance again, almost running over a few pedestrians.

Onc e in the entrance, Martha got down of the car, grabbed the door with one hand, to get ground connection, and then, rising her arm even if it hurt, she began to generate electricity, so much it began to create electric arcs jumping from her fingers straight to the metal pieces on the entrance of the hotel. As she augmented the tension, those arcs split in more and more arcs, soon dangerously covering a pretty huge area. "Come on! Let's go!"

Ri jumped into the passenger seat. The men that had been chasing her stopped at the street and let them get away. Ri settled down into the seat and pulled the envelope from her back pocket. "Well that certainly was...interesting wasn't it? What do you think those guys wanted? What do you think is in this envelope?" she asked Martha. She was curious to see what she thought about all of this. Ri was scared but also excited. These wild adventures were definitely a welcome change from when she sat at Martha's house all day reading and studying. Ri turned to watch Martha. "Do you want me to drive?" she asked her remembering how her arm was hurt.

"No... No, I'm fine. I can handle it." Said Martha, slowing down a little bit as she noticed they had lost the bad guys. "I don't know, Elle. Open it." Said Martha taking quick glances at the envelope and to her friend, trying not to take to much attention off of the streets.

In the envelope there was a really nice amount of money, from at least four different countries. With the money there was three passports, one from Cuba, with a really summer photo of Kestreel. The next one was from Poland, again, with Kestreel dressed much more seriously in the photo. The last one, tho, was of a woman, a passport also from Cuba. The name was Maria, but it was most assured as fake as the other two. But the woman on the photo was real, that was for sure. But who she was?

"Where now?" Asked Martha.

Ri looked at the passports that were in the envelope. I wonder who that is she thought looking at the picture of some woman. Ri wondered if he was with that woman right now. She tried not to think about it though. That thought made her blood boil and she could feel her hands becoming warm and a tingling. Ri calmed herself down before she could really do any damage. When Martha asked what they were going to do now, Ri thought for a moment. She wasn't stupid enough to think that those guys weren't going to follow them. "I'm not sure. Those guys will probably be on our tails." she voiced her thoughts out loud, "But I want to find Kestreel. What do you think?"